Do You Want 1,000,000 Gil?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Do you want 1,000,000 gil?
Do you want 1,000,000 gil?
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-19 18:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

you can level cooking 1 to 100 and farm your own stuff/buy from npcs then turn around and sell to npcs for profit. it's super simple. PM me and i'll show you.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-04-19 18:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I never thought I'd get this many replies as fast as I did, but after reading through all (including the sad panda one), I've finally decided to elaborate on my situation given the suggestions given. (and wow, that was a long sentence).

I'm a Rdm75, Nin75, and Sam75 (which I rarely if ever use) with 85 in Clothcraft. As far as all the xxNM's go, I have a small issue as to which to spend my rather small amount of seals on since I only have somewhere in the vicinity of 200 KS's and BS's (each). As far as crafting goes, I usually end up hitting a stump in the road to financial glory when someone decides to drop the price of whatever I've been selling for rather profitable amounts to a nearly unprofitable amount (and keep in mind, I usually sell craft materials rather than armors). This sticks around for a good few weeks and by then, a new margin price has been "set" for that particular item, although the root ingredients may stay the same. I also understand that I should take the time to farm the root ingredients, but that just brings me back to square one.

This brings me to a question that has bothered me for a while: how do people who sell for lower than usual then make their profits? Is it that they farm the ingredients themselves and then sell them for the lowest price possible to quickly sell through their crafts? Or are they just trying to bend the market?
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-19 18:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

farm your ingredients, that way if you undercut you are still profiting.

i'm not too sure about the cloth crafting market. i'm a fish/cooking market kinda taru. but still, people that sell for less are either farming their own stuff, powercrafting and being a douchebag, or manipulating the market to price fix.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-19 19:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue said:
This brings me to a question that has bothered me for a while: how do people who sell for lower than usual then make their profits? Is it that they farm the ingredients themselves and then sell them for the lowest price possible to quickly sell through their crafts? Or are they just trying to bend the market?

Both, pretty much. Farming definitely helps drive cost down obviously, but people will drive the price down even below the minimum of cost, even with farming, just to drive out any competition...and it usually works. I've run into a few different items that I got pushed completely out of the market on for a while...I'm not going to cheat myself out of gil competing with someone that is willing to take a loss on the AH, better to just wait for the market to correct itself and list then. I try to do my heavy listing on friday mornings since demand is higher over the weekend, and I also come here often to check current on hands to try and sneak a few in when there isn't many/any listed.

But anyways, yeah...don't get sucked into the "undercut each other into the dirt" game, bide your time and sell when the opportunity is there to make something back.
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-19 19:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a decent amount of gil and its all from farming.

On my server

Nebs
Coeurl meat and hides
Kazam pineapples

sell fast and are extremly easy to get.

and i have two mules gardening.

In my view the best way to make the gil is to have a few different mules, i have 5, two garden, two jeuno sell and one sits in kazam buying the ***to sell.
 Ramuh.Sidi
Server: Ramuh
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-19 19:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

only 200 kses/bses? wow... poor you >.>;;

I have the most I've ever had from soloing nonstop last 3 months, and at half that... and proud of it! Feel like I'm overflowing with seals... seal seal seal seal... can't wait to use them

As for gilmaking... good luck. Because thats pretty much what it needs. Luck. Luck. Luck. Now you can hunt and hunt and hunt aroudn for some gaurenteed gil methods, but they're few and far between, but if you find one, keep it to yourself and milk it for all its worth.

I have a list of well over 60 farming techniques I've tried over the past year, and not one single one of them has ever net me over 10k/hr... and if I'm lucky it will net me 10k/hr-- of course THOSE that did manage that, have been nerfed so can't use them anymore

which lease xxNMs and crafting... tried crafting before and spent way too much gil trying (even when famring the items for the most part), wasn't worth it, was boring as hell, and hated it every last bit... so not bothering this time around on this chara...

leaving the xxNMs

because I have the SHITTIEST luck ever, I've come to the point I refuse to do anything luck related in this game... which is damn well near anything (for gil that is, I mean if theres an item I want, I'll try and try and try and try until I get it, but gilwise, better spent w/ my proven 5k/hr than the hours of hoping elsewhere)-- I have only ONCE in the last 5 years come out with a profitable item in bcnms and ksnms that wasn't gaurenteed. Once. top it off? I was so psyched about ti I sent every person on my flist a tell, and lotted right away, freaked out by my luck... everyone passed and then found out, WHAM dont have the inventory, and there went my D-cloth... *pulls out hankie... bye bye my baby...*

So what does that mean? ODS, Under Observation, Royal Jelly, Up in Arms, Double Draconion, whatever, won't get me gil... I'll help out with them no prob, because of the chest gil, but wasting my seals on them when I know I won't get a drop... sorry not happening. So instead, I researched the ones with gaurenteed drops...

Copycat is 100% drop for adaman ingot. That means 50k gaurenteed. Top that off, the next drop is a 3-way choice between another adaman ingot, an o-ingot, or fumas sun-ate... so that means the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM I can make is 120k (2 50k ingots, plu around 20k from chest gil)... and then theres still a chance for dingot, oingot, and dcloth... not to mention making people happy getting them destroyers and coffinmaker. Its also an extremely fun fight -- so every 30 seals I get, I go for this. Its on of the few proven methods for making gil...

last year, bcnmwise, I would do bcnm20 crustaceon conundrom w/ some friends, for 100% drop on mannequin body. At the time it was 200k on our server... so that was 20 seals for a gaunrenteed 200k... only problem is annoying to sell sometimes, but better than all the failed bcnms otherwise (and yes, everyone I have ever done has failed.. I've spent every seal I ever got trying, and never got a good drop from U/O, royal jelly, petrifying pair, undying sword, brothers d'auphe, the gigas one, the tonberry one, trials and tribulations, w/e... I'll help people for any, but reluctant to spend seals on them anymore because of so many fails... and hell some of them like royal jelly... I've done over 40 orbs on, and have never even SEEN archer's ring or utsusemi:ni... not my orb, not others...)

I still keep trying new ones bcnmwise, but I'm really hardpressed to leave w/ 50k XD (one of them, the gigas one, at the time, every single drop was 150k+ except for mithra hands... everyone else in the 6 man party left w/ 200k+ and I got mithra... which refused to sell, so had about ~40k total at the end, my luck for luck-based ***is amazingly bad XD)

Even farming things like mistletoe when it was worth it... me and my friend farmed together... I'd go 3 hours w/o getting one, and my friend would get like 6 in that time... XD

I keep trying, but still haven't find a decent method, so solo alot, hoping to get random drops then to get some gil, and more importantly, kses to do ksnms for XD

ISNMs are also a dececnt idea (another bad one for me <.<;;), because even w/o khroma, still get chest gil, and usually fast for all 6 runs... join a decent group, spend some useless IS on it, and gl! (GL really though... in my experience see 1 or 2 people out of the 6 get the khroma, which suggests a fair drop rate... rarely leave w/o anyone getting it, and just as rarely see 3 ppl get it... but hey 20% chance better than 0... (I'm 1/52 of freggin course, but still go when I have time, never know))

If you do have bad luck, might wanna split drops w/ a friend in a run as well, 150k is better than 300k when its 40% chance than 20% imo XD

Then... if all else fails, turn to the good ol' straightup gil farming... gigas as /thf for hours at a time, it'll add up XD
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-19 19:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidi said:
only 200 kses/bses? wow... poor you >.>;;

I have the most I've ever had from soloing nonstop last 3 months, and at half that... and proud of it! Feel like I'm overflowing with seals... seal seal seal seal... can't wait to use them

As for gilmaking... good luck. Because thats pretty much what it needs. Luck. Luck. Luck. Now you can hunt and hunt and hunt aroudn for some gaurenteed gil methods, but they're few and far between, but if you find one, keep it to yourself and milk it for all its worth.

I have a list of well over 60 farming techniques I've tried over the past year, and not one single one of them has ever net me over 10k/hr... and if I'm lucky it will net me 10k/hr-- of course THOSE that did manage that, have been nerfed so can't use them anymore

which lease xxNMs and crafting... tried crafting before and spent way too much gil trying (even when famring the items for the most part), wasn't worth it, was boring as hell, and hated it every last bit... so not bothering this time around on this chara...

leaving the xxNMs

because I have the SHITTIEST luck ever, I've come to the point I refuse to do anything luck related in this game... which is damn well near anything (for gil that is, I mean if theres an item I want, I'll try and try and try and try until I get it, but gilwise, better spent w/ my proven 5k/hr than the hours of hoping elsewhere)
-- I have only ONCE in the last 5 years come out with a profitable item in bcnms and ksnms that wasn't gaurenteed. Once. top it off? I was so psyched about ti I sent every person on my flist a tell, and lotted right away, freaked out by my luck... everyone passed and then found out, WHAM dont have the inventory, and there went my D-cloth... *pulls out hankie... bye bye my baby...*

So what does that mean? ODS, Under Observation, Royal Jelly, Up in Arms, Double Draconion, whatever, won't get me gil... I'll help out with them no prob, because of the chest gil, but wasting my seals on them when I know I won't get a drop... sorry not happening. So instead, I researched the ones with gaurenteed drops...

Copycat is 100% drop for adaman ingot. That means 50k gaurenteed. Top that off, the next drop is a 3-way choice between another adaman ingot, an o-ingot, or fumas sun-ate... so that means the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM I can make is 120k (2 50k ingots, plu around 20k from chest gil)... and then theres still a chance for dingot, oingot, and dcloth... not to mention making people happy getting them destroyers and coffinmaker. Its also an extremely fun fight -- so every 30 seals I get, I go for this. Its on of the few proven methods for making gil...

last year, bcnmwise, I would do bcnm20 crustaceon conundrom w/ some friends, for 100% drop on mannequin body. At the time it was 200k on our server... so that was 20 seals for a gaunrenteed 200k... only problem is annoying to sell sometimes, but better than all the failed bcnms otherwise (and yes, everyone I have ever done has failed.. I've spent every seal I ever got trying, and never got a good drop from U/O, royal jelly, petrifying pair, undying sword, brothers d'auphe, the gigas one, the tonberry one, trials and tribulations, w/e... I'll help people for any, but reluctant to spend seals on them anymore because of so many fails... and hell some of them like royal jelly... I've done over 40 orbs on, and have never even SEEN archer's ring or utsusemi:ni... not my orb, not others...)

I still keep trying new ones bcnmwise, but I'm really hardpressed to leave w/ 50k XD (one of them, the gigas one, at the time, every single drop was 150k+ except for mithra hands... everyone else in the 6 man party left w/ 200k+ and I got mithra... which refused to sell, so had about ~40k total at the end, my luck for luck-based ***is amazingly bad XD)

Even farming things like mistletoe when it was worth it... me and my friend farmed together... I'd go 3 hours w/o getting one, and my friend would get like 6 in that time... XD

I keep trying, but still haven't find a decent method, so solo alot, hoping to get random drops then to get some gil, and more importantly, kses to do ksnms for XD

ISNMs are also a dececnt idea (another bad one for me <.<;;), because even w/o khroma, still get chest gil, and usually fast for all 6 runs... join a decent group, spend some useless IS on it, and gl! (GL really though... in my experience see 1 or 2 people out of the 6 get the khroma, which suggests a fair drop rate... rarely leave w/o anyone getting it, and just as rarely see 3 ppl get it... but hey 20% chance better than 0... (I'm 1/52 of freggin course, but still go when I have time, never know))

If you do have bad luck, might wanna split drops w/ a friend in a run as well, 150k is better than 300k when its 40% chance than 20% imo XD

Then... if all else fails, turn to the good ol' straightup gil farming... gigas as /thf for hours at a time, it'll add up XD

I read that much and couldnt stand to read anymore.
I make atleast 20k just camping stinging sophie...you are doing something wrong if I'm making 4X you are on the lowest level farming spot.
 Ramuh.Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-19 20:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe me. I have tried that. Top that off, I've had my friend on my character for me and done it, because he swears by it (more so by mist silkie lady and going around for beechips, silk thread and her pop once an hour) and he agrees w/ me that my drop rate was less than half his on there.

But if you did read more, there were some proven techniques on there. Guess you didn't though.

And sorry that it bothers you so much, but not everyone has the same drop rates. One friend used my chara for a few days to farm lizard eggs when chocobo raising came out and they skyrocketed, he came back online and asked me wtf was wrong w/ my chara because nothing was dropping. So I know its not just me, I also know others have shitty drop rates as well, so telling people generic things like 'farm beechips' or 'camp NMs' isn't the best thing out there when it doesn't apply to everyone.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-19 21:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

o.0
never heard of a character that gets shitty drops.

if its that bad then you have no choice but to do the boring crafting.
crafting is so easy just look up everything on this site to know what to sell.
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-19 21:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I can vouch for Sidi's bad luck.
It's a true story.
She has worse luck than me.
 Ramuh.Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-19 21:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I've tried crafting and drives me insane... used to be half-decent, its just getting more and more... horrendous as time goes by, its not like I can just press a macro and read a book XD (that'd be awesome)... if it was macroable I might be able to deal, but nope... (and I really want a craft lvled, because the concept is awesome to me, and always would like to actually have a use for random-item-y rather than npc it or hope its worth 1k+ on AH)

I have found a semi-crafting method though... I chocobo dig when I get time (and space, need least 40 slots open on yourself to do it, which can cause a good 30-40mins running aroudn shipping things to yourself XD, so gets annoying)--- but its pretty damn constant for about 30k/day... which is enough to cover the daily "living expenses"-- no big money maker, but constant. That and the ksnm is what pretty much holds me over... I haven't done it in a while since I'm lucky to get 3hours/week to play these days, but if my playtime opens back up, will go back on it (or maybe lvl it up on mule so that dont have to move around the space all the time)

ENMing is a lot of fun if you've a good group (smaller you can do it in the better, because of a larger payout)-- we did it for a good 8 months before anything over 20k dropped, but you get 3.5k exp each time, so brings up your buffer, and a chance is a chance (it = antlion's...)
-- I love the prommy ENMs, but hard to find... because you can get lsmates their prommies done and a chance of gil, and better yet, a good amount of exp each time (lvled war and nin a few too many lvls this way XD); its also a good practice for the prommy, because its easier than it, but lets your 'newbies' know what to expect

soloed the fire int he sky ENM as rdm several times, thats a good one if you don't have large groups and want some exp/challenge/chance... but nothings dropped from the crate yet, so have a feeling its incredibly low drop rate (for anything that is)

stuff like that is fun for me, because its got dual purposes, but straightup running aroudn 1-shotting things for hours on end... if the drop rate isn't even worthwhile, theres nothing else you can get out it... why I try to find multi-taskable things, like lvl a job and get seals, in a half-bad exp spot that lets you least get a chance for gil drops

I also try to resell items... cruise the bazaarmarkets, and hope to find something really cheap, then sell for true price, but you need to have a good grasp on your servers prices for the common things to spot which are lower than normal, and need a basis of gil to start with :P

also, depending on prices, if you can tolerate it... simple moneymaking scheme is to make copper ingots... sit in sandy boat launch, bring a bunch of fireclusters, and synth away, crafters usually don't make very last piece of their materials so theres always a need for smaller craftables, like copper ingots which crafters then need for sheets and whatnot... the market is usually pretty steady, especially these days with crystals so cheap-- dont need any smithing skill (not sure if you needa speak to guild first to be allowed to craft it or not though)... just be prepared to be mindblown into incredible mental agony after a while... usually could only stand doing 10 stacks before I had to get the hell out of there XD

In the end though, most of the people who have a really 'consistant' income, are usually in endgame shells that pay out. So get drops from gods, hnms, ksnm99 runs, and sell the profitables, then payback the atendees with some amount of income in x-amount of time... I have a few friends like that, and they never have to farm, because its enough to keep them going (combined with the fact the shell also provides gear and stuff, so you don't need to keep buying new stuff, your getting it time-based via shell)
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-19 21:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

;x If you were not Sidi, I would not read that post because that is a massive one that deserves a "tl;dr" stamp on it.
>.>
 Ramuh.Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-19 21:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine <.<

This short enough? ^_^
 Ramuh.Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-19 21:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats "tl;dr" mean anyways? looks like one of those thingies in programming for next line...
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-19 21:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidi said:
Fine <.<

This short enough? ^_^

thats perfect
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-19 21:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Too long; didn't read.
 Ramuh.Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-19 21:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha... I could take up that "annoying" (according to some...) habit of talking in ls like:

Yeah, you
have to
go to the

left of
mountain
and
turn around
and
wait
there
 Ramuh.Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-19 21:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

oooh, duh... thought it was "too long;" "please shorten... no that doesnt work... cant read... no... w/e... no... oh well"
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-04-19 22:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your sob story is one for the records. As for your gil acquisition, judging from your endless experience in game, is that you are doing what many poor broke *** are doing, and that's planning every gil in your pocket coming straight from the Auction House. While this is not a bad idea, using the Auction House, and its cutthroat dealings, as your one and only source of income is a headache and a half waiting to explode your cerebrum, rotting you from within.

My advice to you would be to pick up one of many self published help guides off wiki (OMG NOT THE USER SUBMITTED CRAP THAT WIKI IS!? Ya, go to wiki) and begin perusing some of the samples given within. My personal experience, I farmed the gil for every 100k+ spell scroll minus Sleepga II off NPC fish (and their crafted counterparts of Sliced Cod, Pickled Herring, etc) alone, within only a sampling of a few days, off minimal fishing skill.

What you've placed in your posts thus far have been the "Everyone knows about these tips, I'm gonna try that over-populated market too." scams that leave people in a greater deficit than before. If you're really looking for the gil that won't have you screaming some random Jeuno mule's name because he undercut you AGAIN, go for niches that cease to rely on the AH for your gil consumption, then once your pockets have a taste for money again, break back into the mainstream.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-04-19 22:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr has a definite definition now? I used to just think it was a general internet meme meaning "in short" or "here's the jist of it".
Bible in tl;dr:
World made, people die, savior born, savior dies, savior comes back, ***happens, end of ze world.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-19 22:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue said:
tl;dr has a definite definition now?

Always had one :/ Sure it's internet slang, but definitely not a meme.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-19 22:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue said:
tl;dr has a definite definition now? I used to just think it was a general internet meme meaning "in short" or "here's the jist of it".
Bible in tl;dr:
World made, people die, savior born, savior dies, savior comes back, ***happens, end of ze world.

Means the complete opposite lol
 Diabolos.Matuyoga
Server: Diabolos
user: Matuyoga
By Diabolos.Matuyoga 2009-04-19 23:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't how hard you work, it's how smart you work. I'll leave it at that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-19 23:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue said:
Bible in tl;dr:

It always meant "too long; didn't read" >.>
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2009-04-20 00:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Its been stated, but this is also what I did for a while when i needed money: Spam Assaults and sell the gear.

TRhe benefit is two fold. If you are smart to spam each mission, you will not only get Captain rank, you will be getting 800-1k points a day. Every 8k points, you can sell things like C chain, or Potent belt at 10k point. Just one 30 minute activity per day will net you 200k per week. Not the fastest gill, but nice, stead income.

Now, with ANNMs, you can do imperial ingots for gill as well.
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-04-20 03:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

YES! I DO WANT 1,000,000 GIL!
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-04-20 06:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people enjoy spamming Shadows of the Mind ISNM, which drops Khroma ore. Some people do ok mining in Zhayolm, if it's not too competitive. Try looking for farming certain npc'able items (in the past). Try logging (in the past). I made a fortune gardening, but the rest of that is a secret. Abitrage remains ridiculously profitable. Again, himitsu desu.

My best bits of advice are to try one of the following, depending on if/how much time you have: 1. The aforementioned ISNM, 2. Aforementioned past farming, 3. Run a dynamis shell, and run it well (highly profitable), 4. Work with friends to sell r/ex drops (NM, ZNM, MMM, etc.), 5. Again, low-man farming and sell-splitting, in sky, 6. Join an HNM shell which focuses on splitting gil drops as a primary activity (IE one that focuses a lot on past NM's), 7. Do kirin burns, being patient with the pop items you buy, careful w/ the alliances you set up, and do try and claim and sell one r/ex item + osode rather than just osode., 8. Someone else said ASNM. Probably a great idea.

Hope that helps a bit.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2009-04-20 07:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tele *** for a day ^-^
 Garuda.Kael
user: Kael
By Garuda.Kael 2009-04-20 17:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always take a page out of Gaea's book and sell sex for gil. :P
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2009-04-20 17:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tele whoring Has been taking over by Bots!

on every server i bet :/