Treasure Hunter Additional Effect.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Treasure hunter additional effect.
Treasure hunter additional effect.
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-09-04 20:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not read every post on this so I do not know if it has been mentioned. In the past people said Chr does not effect Th. Well my question on that now is. The new treasure hunter has an additional effect and when it lands it does the same effect as enlight. So TH is light based add effect so this means, Lights day would enhance treasure hunter? that being said would wearing light obi effect the chance of your weapon proccing treasure hunter additional effects?
I know for elemental enhanced weapons if it were the same day and or weather it would kick in more often. So would like to know if thfs would test out some of this maybe have a sch give you a light weather and try obis whatver u can think of, atmas like light elemental accuracy see if you get more th procs. Also i notice to get less added effect from th when using twilight dagger and also under haste samba effect.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-04 20:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-09-04 20:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »

I still haven't seen that movie, but have heard good things from younger children I use to work with when I worked at an elementary school. Is it worth watching?
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-09-04 20:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Best movie ever ITS SO FLUFFY , Its so fluffy im gonna die!
[+]
By volkom 2011-09-04 20:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
I see this. and raise you...

[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-09-04 20:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the subject at hand
By Zeyphr 2011-09-04 20:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is true treasure hunter buisness
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-09-04 20:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
Back to the subject at hand
My bet is that the proc is non-elemental and SE chose the en-light animation for non-related reasons. Worth a test I suppose, but I doubt anyone is willing to go out and get substantial data on it.
By volkom 2011-09-04 20:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'ma say I see TH procs more when doing abilities like sneak/trick attack/ feint/assasin's charge that are executed properly. Also I see TH procs more when I sneak attack, run away for a min. and do it again. But usually if The fight can last more than 2min I can get TH up to 9/10 pretty fast this way but.....could just be me. I don't think its based on light weather or anything like that. its all up to the r.n.g imo
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-09-04 20:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said: »
buisness
lol'd

Just wear your th gear when pulling or briefly for 1 atttack round then swap out, I personally off hand thief knife alot of the time partly laziness perhaps unless its a nm with alot of hp and I try swap it out at minimal tp for triplus. Something like dynamis id keep it on fulltime. If your log doesnt say mob th effectiveness raises to lvl 7 from an attack around wearing th gear doesnt mean th7 isnt recongnized you can have it say th7 later in no th gear where you will want to use superior gear to ws / sa / ta.

So no you shouldnt really sa / ta in th gear where there's superior gear to increase dmg and as long as youve done an action on it once in max th gear doing anything else is either supersition or hindering your dmg esp using a light obi.
By Zeyphr 2011-09-04 20:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
buisness
lol'd

Just wear your th gear when pulling or briefly for 1 atttack round then swap out, I personally off hand thief knife alot of the time partly laziness perhaps unless its a nm with alot of hp and I try swap it out at minimal tp for triplus. Something like dynamis id keep it on fulltime. If your log doesnt say mob th effectiveness raises to lvl 7 from an attack around wearing th gear doesnt mean th7 isnt recongnized you can have it say th7 later in no th gear where you will want to use superior gear to ws / sa / ta.

So no you shouldnt really sa / ta in th gear where there's superior gear to increase dmg and as long as youve done an action on it once in max th gear doing anything else is either supersition or hindering your dmg esp using a light obi.

Most THF's nowadays just fulltime TH gear :(
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-09-04 20:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm...i have a question related to TH. Any action on the mob gets your base TH on it right? So say...You put TH gear on, hit it for TH6. could you proc TH up using something like a xbow?
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-09-04 21:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
Hmm...i have a question related to TH. Any action on the mob gets your base TH on it right? So say...You put TH gear on, hit it for TH6. could you proc TH up using something like a xbow?

I dont have space or havent needed crossbow nor is my throwing skill high enough to hit a mob really, I havent heard of th up on a mob from ranged attack on thf. But that would be better question "can you proc the th log msg with ranged attack?" If you can then you can raise it. If youve already had the log say mobs th effectiveness raises to lvl6 the /ra will raise it to lvl 7 and display it in log. I doubt it though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-09-04 21:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Most THF's nowadays just fulltime TH gear :(
Yikes.

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
could you proc TH up using something like a xbow?
When they first released the info about TH they said it will rely heavy on critical hits to proc it.
Also stating that because of this SA and TA will help on gaining higher levels of TH.

I haven't used anything but Raider's Boomerang in a long time and haven't received a TH up from throwing.
My throwing skill isn't terrible but not high enough to reliably hit for critical,
which would be an easier way to test it I guess.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-09-04 21:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuh uh. It's INT based. Durr.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The only TH gear you should ever fulltime is thief's knife because sometimes mobs are so weak/die so fast that it's a huge waste of TP/damage to switch it out.

They really need to remove thief's knife or allow us to upgrade it :/
[+]
By Zeyphr 2011-09-04 21:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but a lot of THFs use Feet+2 fulltime, im not a veteran THF but i think other stuffs better :/

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you only read like the first 4 words of my post or something..?

wtf
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-09-04 21:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Did you only read like the first 4 words of my post or something..?

wtf
Are you always this mad?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-09-04 21:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be mad too if someone just repeated what i said in my post, back to me, as if i had not said it.

Edit: To clarify Josh, I think he only meant If you're farming somewhere like Dynamis and what not, where mobs die quick and switching it out is unrealistic as it'll dump your TP too often :X

Truthfully I don't use Thief's Knife anymore. I can upgrade TH easily, and until i see some good tests, The difference between TH5 and TH6 is worthless compared to the hit i take on my DPS. I'd get more results killing a mob 10% quicker and moving to another mob to kill, than starting a fight with a 0.0001% higher drop rate on it.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Karbuncle .. Exactly ._.

Also she.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
telling anyone to fulltime thief's knife is a slippery slope that's all. Seen more people do that than any other TH piece sadly when it's the worst one to fulltime
You still didn't read my post LOL

How is that possible?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-09-04 21:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd fulltime tk in dynamis. if the mob dies fast enough and you want to keep switching out tk, you're just going to get in a few hits and never ws when you always lose tp.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-09-04 21:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
I'd be mad too if someone just repeated what i said in my post, back to me, as if i had not said it.
Have you seen the extent of this person's posts?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-04 21:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
i'd fulltime tk in dynamis. if the mob dies fast enough and you want to keep switching out tk, you're just going to get in a few hits and never ws when you always lose tp.
Because you're on THF to dish out weapon skills.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-04 21:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
The only TH gear you should ever fulltime is thief's knife because sometimes mobs are so weak/die so fast that it's a huge waste of TP/damage to switch it out.

They really need to remove thief's knife or allow us to upgrade it :/

I think I know what that means, which isn't what you said you and Josiahkf said what it should be, which isn't what you said, even if you didn't mean what you said.

Make sense?!??!
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-09-04 21:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Have you seen the extent of this person's posts?

Probably, I have the memory of potato. >_>

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
Because you're on THF to dish out weapon skills.

Troll somewhere else mouthbreather.
[+]
First Page 2 3