Treasure Hunter Additional Effect.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Treasure hunter additional effect.
Treasure hunter additional effect.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
I'd be mad too if someone just repeated what i said in my post, back to me, as if i had not said it.
Have you seen the extent of this person's posts?
Yes I'm always mad. If you've seen the anime my avatar is from, it's pretty much my exact personality, so get used to it :x
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-09-04 21:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said: »
Yeah but a lot of THFs use Feet+2 fulltime, im not a veteran THF but i think other stuffs better :/

Thats my eva set I could use dgloves+1 for 26% haste, feet arent that bad an option for tp'ing if you're after the eva over af3+2 hands bonuses.

Mostly use this though which is like the current norm for thf's everywhere unless theyve got mandau or twashtar.

I do find swapping to this set quick for one attack around, does often trigger th7 on its own without need for a ja...

But then so might not using most of that except the th gear and legs if critical helps proc. Could be counter productive swapping to all of this even for 1 attack round than just keeping haste gear on and just swaping to th pieces. So could using thief knife quite likely be counter produtive to use at all over offhanding triplus.

(All daggers in wrong hand).
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-09-04 21:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
The only TH gear you should ever fulltime is thief's knife because sometimes mobs are so weak/die so fast that it's a huge waste of TP/damage to switch it out.

They really need to remove thief's knife or allow us to upgrade it :/

I think I know what that means, which isn't what you said you and Josiahkf said what it should be, which isn't what you said, even if you didn't mean what you said.

Make sense?!??!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-09-04 21:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
i'd fulltime tk in dynamis. if the mob dies fast enough and you want to keep switching out tk, you're just going to get in a few hits and never ws when you always lose tp.
Because you're on THF to dish out weapon skills.
because you're on thf to just hit the mob? if you want max th on every mob it's easier to just keep tk on. is thf damage important? no. so why would you bother swapping tk in the first place?
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Krsone your 3rd item set just made me want to kill myself and delete my character.

Stop editing the bad things out of your 3rd set >:|
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
calm down I read your post. you told people to full time thief's knife. then you gave why it's a good idea.

And I said it was horrible advice for NMs, even if they die fast or have low HP. You didn't say "the only time I would fulltime THF's knife is when farming" so I clarified that.

but I think we're stuck with it for now, personally I can't see any way out of using it. Even if they made a new knife with +1 or +2 to somehow replace it people would just use both daggers or worse fulltime both lol > <
Dude, I said to only fulltime THF's knife on weak mobs that die so fast you lose too much TP/damage from constantly switching out the thief's knife.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-04 21:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Krsone your sets(except the middle one) just made me want to kill myself and delete my character.
The days of filling every slot with evasion are long past. You can afford most of the time to mix haste and eva for a hybrid set, and still never get hit.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-09-04 21:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a level 95+ Weapon with Good Stats.

Add "Latent Effect: Treasure Hunter +1".

Latent is only active when you're not using a Thief's knife.

Thief's knife becomes obsolete!

On a side note, Seriously, Have you guys seen recent tests on the difference between TH2 and TH~8+? Its pretty nil visible. You're better of putting your Thief's knife on the AH(Or your Mog Sack, Like i do) and keeping up your DPS.

Especially in Dynamis where your killspeed really matters, That knife becomes way too much of a sacrifice. Killing faster = More mobs killed = More Currency.

The only mobs i pull my Knife out for are NMs these days, in dynamis or anywhere else.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-09-04 21:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats wrong with any of those? Well 1st 2 at least I said daggers are in wrong hand. As for last set just something I swap into or pull with to land th7. My point was other gear prob isnt needed just hands and feet legs would help land a critical though.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the last one makes me want to kill myself because it makes no sense at all.

Make a level 95+ Weapon with Good Stats.

Add "Latent Effect: Treasure Hunter +1".

Latent is only active when you're not using a Thief's knife.

Thief's knife becomes obsolete!

On a side note, Seriously, Have you guys seen recent tests on the difference between TH2 and TH~8+? Its pretty nil visible. You're better of putting your Thief's knife on the AH and keeping up your DPS.

Especially in Dynamis where your killspeed really matters, That knife becomes way too much of a sacrifice. Killing faster = More mobs killed = More Currency.

I really don't want to believe these tests, additional TH can't be THAT worthless, but I always assumed at level 75 the difference between TH2 and 3/4 was like 2% increase. TH1 is +50% drop rate, Th2 was +100% drop rate, TH3 was +101%, TH4 +102% or something insanely stupid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-04 21:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, nevermind. This thread is doomed. Taking my leave.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I love to see conclusive tests showing TH 3-8 did near nothing. For now mathematically SE tells us it helps us so I'm going to keep going thf for drops it affects
Yeah, this is what I go with. I mean it COULD be completely useless, and the tests could be correct, but we truely don't know how worthless TH above TH2 is :(

The tests still show TH above TH2 still helps drops(even low it's a very small increase) so any increase at all is good in my book. I want my items to drop.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-09-04 21:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I love to see conclusive tests showing TH 3-8 did near nothing. For now mathematically SE tells us it helps us so I'm going to keep going thf for drops it affects

Your wish is my command:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/12798-Treasure-Hunter-Testing

100% Conclusive? Nope. Damn good evidence? Kinda. A lot of potential and a lot of effort going into the test to make the first 2 questions "yes"? Yes.

Read through the tests, IF you're not sitting there going "well... ***" by the end of it then you're just being picky.

Edit: For what its worth, These two tests show the difference between TH0 and TH2 is huge, But TH3 Job Trait is literally just "Treasure Hunter +1", its not a Boost like TH1 and TH2 Were, They basically gave us Thief's Knife in job trait form.

TH1/2 Effect drops rates on a significant level, TH3+ Seem to just add some small boost to it, which most of the time is so small its not directly visible.

A lot of testing, But a lot still needs to be done. You guys should contribute.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-09-04 21:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Go kill yourself , hate when people say that dont follow it through , go on then go kill yourself.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
Go kill yourself , hate when people say that dont follow it through , go on then go kill yourself.
I was messing with you, calm down.

Quote:
TH1/2 Effect drops rates on a significant level, TH3+ Seem to just add some small boost to it, which most of the time is so small its not directly visible.

This is exactly what I read back in like..2006 or something on some THF forums somewhere. TH1 was +50% drop rate, TH2 was +100% drop rate, then TH3 was only +101% and TH4 was only +102%, making anything above TH2 worthless. I thought they would have fixed the TH formula after giving TH3 to thieves by default........guess not <_<

The thing is, any increase in drops is ALWAYS good, no matter how small it is. We want our stuff to drop asap!
Server: Siren
By Siren.Slanderousone 2011-09-04 21:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
I was messing with you, calm down.
So your not always angry?
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-09-04 21:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This is exactly what I read back in like..2006 or something on some THF forums somewhere. TH1 was +50% drop rate, TH2 was +100% drop rate, then TH3 was only +101% and TH4 was only +102%, making anything above TH2 worthless. I thought they would have fixed the TH formula after giving TH3 to thieves by default........guess not <_<

Pretty much stayed the same.

And for what its worth, I meant "Treasure Hunter III" Job Trait they gave us to "Compensate" for /THF Getting TH2 was nothing more than TH+1, instead of what it should have been, +150% (as opposed to TH1 being 50%, TH2 being 100% (in THEORY)).

So, For all intents and purposes, unless you are truly anal about having the last 1% Drop rate, You're likely better off Not bothering with Thief's Knife. Its not worth the hit to your DPS.

Again, This is especially important to remember in events like Dynamis, where theres a time limit, and more kill-speed = More Enemies per run. Which should average out more coins in the long run.

it has for me :X

(of course on NMs and junk you should keep a Knife around for the hell of it, on NMs it doesn't really hurt as much, No time limit, etc)

Quote:
The thing is, any increase in drops is ALWAYS good, no matter how small it is. We want our stuff to drop asap!

This is where our Opinions Differ :X, I'd rather kill a Dynamis mob 10% Quicker and in the end kill many more mobs, Than get an extra 1% Chance at currency. Its worked out for me so far.

Of course as i said above, It doesn't apply to every mob in the game, Sometimes putting on the Thief's knife for the first hit won't kill you, But in events like Dynamis where its the "norm" to full time your Knife, you're better off not even equipping it. (except maybe for NMs in Dynamis for 100's)
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Raising the level cap to 99 is basically destroying the game, so much was balanced around level 75 ._.

Being able to basically get the best TH in the game from /thf, /sch getting all of sch's cool things, /dnc getting dnc's best cure and haste samba..etc

Dumb.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Slanderousone 2011-09-04 21:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Pretty much stayed the same.

And for what its worth, I meant "Treasure Hunter III" Job Trait they gave us to "Compensate" for /THF Getting TH2 was nothing more than TH+1, instead of what it should have been, +150% (as opposed to TH1 being 50%, TH2 being 100% (in THEORY)).

So, For all intents and purposes, unless you are truly anal about having the last 1% Drop rate, You're likely better off Not bothering with Thief's Knife. Its not worth the hit to your DPS.

Again, This is especially important to remember in events like Dynamis, where theres a time limit, and more kill-speed = More Enemies per run. Which should average out more coins in the long run.

it has for me :X

(of course on NMs and junk you should keep a Knife around for the hell of it, on NMs it doesn't really hurt as much, No time limit, etc)

Quote:

This is where our Opinions Differ :X, I'd rather kill a Dynamis mob 10% Quicker and in the end kill many more mobs, Than get an extra 1% Chance at currency. Its worked out for me so far.

Of course as i said above, It doesn't apply to every mob in the game, Sometimes putting on the Thief's knife for the first hit won't kill you, But in events like Dynamis where its the "norm" to full time your Knife, you're better off not even equipping it. (except maybe for NMs in Dynamis for 100's)
True since additional effect TH came out I stopped using knife for the most part, too random to care about 1 more TH proc.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-09-04 21:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, I wasn't going to bring it up, But for the most part when Empyrean farming, If you're tight on space, You could likely just go MNK + WHMmain/supportTHF and see similar 2x upgrade item drops as bringing an Actually THF.

THF really is all kinds of pointless except for the truly anal :o

Edit: To Kir up there!
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-04 21:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

But in events like Dynamis where its the "norm" to full time your Knife, you're better off not even equipping it. (except maybe for NMs in Dynamis for 100's)
hmmmmm, I might take you up on that advice :O

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I always bring a THF and always stack up my TH as high as possible before the mob dies on THF cause I like making stuff drop :X
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-09-04 21:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

depends a lot on what exactly you're doing; obviously that hit to dps is going to matter a lot more if you're the only one on the mob, vs. the hit to damage when someone's ukko'sing it.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

THF will never be the sole DD..that's horrible lol
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-09-04 21:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Raising the level cap to 99 is basically destroying the game, so much was balanced around level 75 ._.

Being able to basically get the best TH in the game from /thf, /sch getting all of sch's cool things, /dnc getting dnc's best cure and haste samba..etc

Dumb.
eh, i wouldn't say that the game was balanced at 75 to begin with. hopefully it'll be more balanced at 99 than it was at 75.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-09-04 21:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

THF will never be the sole DD..that's horrible lol
a lot of people solo or duo dynamis for currency.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-04 21:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would, I could do every event in the game on SCH as SCH main, WHM wasn't light years ahead of me as a healer and a DUMB proccing system didn't exist allowing me to BLM too.