RDM Job Manifesto
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 24
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 14:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM's aoe healing is horrible, they don't get uber barspells, their shell is worse, they don't get native shellra/protectra(need to waste 2 stratagems to do so) they don't get cureskin, they don't get esuna, they don't get cura1/2, they cast cures much slower than a WHM, they don't get divine caress(more amazing than you think really, I notice it a ton dual boxing WHM + NIN), they don't get regen3/4(incredibly important/useful outside abyssea where mp/enmity matters) and WHM gets access to more -enmity and more cure potency gear. Even a RDM can almost reach 50% cure potency, and even if they add more gear, whm still has 400 HP cureskins via trading facio for AF3+2 body.

WHM is much more mana effecient and a much better tank/aoe healer, RDM(even with cure5) simply cannot heal AOE damage, lacks at mitigating magic damage as well as a WHM and has less effecient cures, making it run out of MP quicker than even convert can keep up with. A RDM main healer would only work in low damage situations such as /nin's and NIN tanks not taking huge damage through shadows. This is how it worked @ 75 too after /sch became good.
By Schwertzauberer 2011-08-11 15:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM really should get Cure V. At 99, 51 levels without an additional Cure tier would be an embarrassment. I think the real issue when it comes to balancing RDM with WHM is that we have really have only just scratched the surface in our need for Cure VI. I'm certain that as the cap approaches the new limit we'll start to see it become as indispensable as Cure V was in the 75 cap days.

Give RDM Cure V, maybe even take away the enmity reduction so it can function like Cure IV used to. With Cure VI, Afflatus Solace Stoneskin, and WHM's other native benefits I'm sure it will still reign supreme in the curing department, especially in a post-Abyssea world where we all have 4k+ HP and the mobs inflict 600+ dmg with their standard melee attacks.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-11 15:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Schwertzauberer said:
RDM really should get Cure V. At 99, 51 levels without an additional Cure tier would be an embarrassment. I think the real issue when it comes to balancing RDM with WHM is that we have really have only just scratched the surface in our need for Cure VI. I'm certain that as the cap approaches the new limit we'll start to see it become as indispensable as Cure V was in the 75 cap days.

Give RDM Cure V, maybe even take away the enmity reduction so it can function like Cure IV used to. With Cure VI, Afflatus Solace Stoneskin, and WHM's other native benefits I'm sure it will still reign supreme in the curing department, especially in a post-Abyssea world where we all have 4k+ HP and the mobs inflict 600+ dmg with their standard melee attacks.

Uh not really, we don't even have that much HP outside of Abyssea. There is no need for cure 6. C4 does just fine for a RDM, and RDM isn't a main healer... That shouldn't be the defined role for the job.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-11 15:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
RDM's aoe healing is horrible, they don't get uber barspells, their shell is worse, they don't get native shellra/protectra(need to waste 2 stratagems to do so) they don't get cureskin, they don't get esuna, they don't get cura1/2, they cast cures much slower than a WHM, they don't get divine caress(more amazing than you think really, I notice it a ton dual boxing WHM + NIN), they don't get regen3/4(incredibly important/useful outside abyssea where mp/enmity matters) and WHM gets access to more -enmity and more cure potency gear. Even a RDM can almost reach 50% cure potency, and even if they add more gear, whm still has 400 HP cureskins via trading facio for AF3+2 body.

WHM is much more mana effecient and a much better tank/aoe healer, RDM(even with cure5) simply cannot heal AOE damage, lacks at mitigating magic damage as well as a WHM and has less effecient cures, making it run out of MP quicker than even convert can keep up with. A RDM main healer would only work in low damage situations such as /nin's and NIN tanks not taking huge damage through shadows. This is how it worked @ 75 too after /sch became good.

What?
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 15:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When was C5 ever critical in the 75 cap days?
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 15:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also cosigning that "What?"^. You played with idiotic RDMs.

You don't need strategems to cast Pro/Shell on a party, WHM doesn't cast cures faster than RDM, WHM hardly(if at all) has an edge over RDM with -na spell casting/recast time, AoE curing shouldn't be/isn't as necessary as you're making it out to be, Cura and Esuna are only useful in a handful of situations(and absolutely never necessary), and WHM will never be as MP efficient as RDM.

Go ->
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-11 15:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Uh not really, we don't even have that much HP outside of Abyssea. There is no need for cure 6. C4 does just fine for a RDM, and RDM isn't a main healer... That shouldn't be the defined role for the job.
In my experiences, on both WHM and RDM, Cure IV is more than enough outside of Abyssea. There's hardly a use for Cure V with all the cure potency WHM has now, even with my MNK. Unless someone is just unweakening and wasn't resting, there really isn't a use for Cure VI outside Abyssea yet.

If ever given the chance, I'm almost always on RDM when I'm healing outside. MP efficiency and a decent cure potency set up on RDM is great, not to mention, Paralyze II where applicable, Addle for those mages that are immune to Silence, Slow II, etc.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-11 15:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
In my experiences, on both WHM and RDM, Cure IV is more than enough outside of Abyssea. There's hardly a use for Cure V with all the cure potency WHM has now, even with my MNK. Unless someone is just unweakening and wasn't resting, there really isn't a use for Cure VI outside Abyssea yet.

If ever given the chance, I'm almost always on RDM is I'm healing outside. MP efficiency and a decent cure potency set up on RDM is great, not to mention, Paralyze II where applicable, Addle for those mages that are immune to Silence, Slow II, etc.

Yeah me too, and not to mention the additional benefit of nukes increasing kill speed.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-11 15:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yeah me too, and not to mention the additional benefit of nukes increasing kill speed.
Secretly though, I just love wearing my chapeau. Lol.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 15:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure clogs, light arts, cure casting merits :/

I think my cures cast @ 30-35% into the bar on RDM though..

Barspell merits, afflatus solace, af3+2 body, don't need stratagems everytime you want to refresh/cast a new barspell.

You also do need to accession shell/protect unless you want to spend 6x the MP a WHM does to buff everyone..
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-11 15:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:

Are you wearing fast cast gear precast? RDM has the best fast cast in the game lol.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 15:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I have every piece of fast cast gear RDM gets besides af3 earring.

I also rarely use cure6 INSIDE abyssea, huge waste of mp most of the time for me.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-11 15:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the cast time reduction cap? I know for certain you can hit the fastcast recast cap easily and not even have all the gear.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 15:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:

Barspell merits, afflatus solace, af3+2 body, don't need stratagems everytime you want to refresh/cast a new barspell.

You also do need to accession shell/protect unless you want to spend 6x the MP a WHM does to buff everyone..

RDM tops Light Arts, merits, and Cure Clogs with traits and AF1 hat/AF2body.

And are you actually suggesting that casting Pro/Shell six times is a burden on the beginning of a fight..?
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-08-11 15:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM certainly isn't the best healer, but from my experience, it works fairly well even in Abyssea where the Port Jeuno Brigade is convinced a WHM is absolutely required 100% of the time for everything

I'd rather go out with friends and actually kill stuff in Abyssea as NIN, WAR (THF for the +2/Empy NMs), and RDM (or BLM/WHM). It beats the hell out of standing around bored in Port Jeuno waiting for WHM friends (or friends with a WHM mule) to log in. RDM can't main heal everything in Abyssea - and it certainly isn't the optimal healer - but it can do enough to main heal a fair number of fights.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-11 15:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
WHM is a mules job

I'll bite.

same could be said for nearly all DD jobs, troll.

Takes more to be a good well rounded WHM then it does to be a good DD. What's a good DD vs a bad DD? The difference is separated by gear otherwise it's wait for X amount of TP then WS rinse and repeat.

melee, get TP, WS, melee, get TP, WS, melee, get TP, WS

You're not even reacting to things you're just repeating the same processes over and over. Not as if tanks need to do much to control hate like they did back in the day. auto-attackishard.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 15:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM might not cast faster, but everything else is true(including shell/protectra thing, mp is mp, and 50%+ of events in this game are timed, saves time/mp + annoying aoe wiping boss moves etc).

He also probably says WHM is a mule job because most people find it beyond boring, I find any specialized job boring. I die playing WHM on my mule if I'm not also on another char X_X

Switching gear sets is probably equally as easy as //paralyna X or CTRL2+, or ctrl+1, or //cure5 X etc etc

Really, if you can't multitask a WHM + a dd/tank at the same time somethings wrong, and neither role takes much skill at all inside abyssea.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 15:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And 90% of events in this game shouldn't involve enough people in range to make most of the "advantages" you're listing even remotely relevant.

You've been wrong from the start, stop trying.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 15:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:
And 90% of events in this game shouldn't involve enough people in range to make most of the "advantages" you're listing even remotely relevant.

You've been wrong from the start, stop trying.
k
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-11 15:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is sure about RDMs casting quicker than WHM anyway? I never ran the numbers but this is what I get for -% cure casting time and I don't use Veela Cape or Winged Wand or Vivid Strap mainly cause I want to make sure I get my midcast gear on in time.

20% Cure Casting Time Merits
15% Cure Clogs
12% Orison Pantaloons +2
10% Light Arts
5% Orison Locket
2% Loq. Earring
2% Incantor Stone

66%
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-11 15:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Who is sure about RDMs casting quicker than WHM anyway? I never ran the numbers but this is what I get for -% cure casting time and I don't use Veela Cape or Winged Wand

15% Cure Clogs
12% Orison Pantaloons +2
10% Light Arts
5% Orison Locket
2% Loq. Earring
2% Incantor Stone

66%

Actual casting time? idk, it's probably about the same, RDM probably a bit ahead, I don't feel like counting it. RDM most certainly has a shorter recast time though, and honestly that's really all that matters. Cure casting time- doesn't affect recast, etc.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 15:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure recast matters for RDM but not WHM, since WHM can cure5 and 4, and RDM has to cast gross cure3's that heal for crap ._.

Main reason why RDM needs another cure tier, even if it's a cure5 that heals for the same amount as cure4 with no -enmity.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-11 15:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Cure recast matters for RDM but not WHM, since WHM can cure5 and 4, and RDM has to cast gross cure3's that heal for crap ._.

Main reason why RDM needs another cure tier, even if it's a cure5 that heals for the same amount as cure4 with no -enmity.
Get a WHM.
Level WHM.

All this time bitching that RDM needs Cure V could be spent leveling WHM. Hop to it, woman.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-11 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Who is sure about RDMs casting quicker than WHM anyway? I never ran the numbers but this is what I get for -% cure casting time and I don't use Veela Cape or Winged Wand

15% Cure Clogs
12% Orison Pantaloons +2
10% Light Arts
5% Orison Locket
2% Loq. Earring
2% Incantor Stone

66%

Actual casting time? idk, it's probably about the same, RDM probably a bit ahead, I don't feel like counting it. RDM most certainly has a shorter recast time though, and honestly that's really all that matters. Cure casting time- doesn't affect recast, etc.

lol @ recast time for Cure IV compared to VI

only time I have a problem spamming Cure V and VI back to back to back is if I am slowed so I wouldn't say it's really that big of a deal or important. It would be even less important going between IV and V lower base recast times.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 15:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Sylph/Cinti <- my WHM

I hate WHM, it's boring as hell for me and I'd rather log off than play it. I get a gigantic headache from boredom playing it, so nope never.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 15:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Who is sure about RDMs casting quicker than WHM anyway? I never ran the numbers but this is what I get for -% cure casting time and I don't use Veela Cape or Winged Wand or Vivid Strap mainly cause I want to make sure I get my midcast gear on in time.

15% Cure Clogs
12% Orison Pantaloons +2
10% Light Arts
5% Orison Locket
2% Loq. Earring
2% Incantor Stone

66%

This is ahead of your setup while using 1% casting time values for things I don't trust the documented stats on.
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-11 15:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
I hate WHM, it's boring as hell for me and I'd rather log off than play it.
Deuces.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 15:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

15% Cure Clogs
12% Orison Pantaloons +2
10% Light Arts
5% Orison Locket
2% Loq. Earring
2% Incantor Stone

66%

lol @ recast time for Cure IV compared to VI

only time I have a problem spamming Cure V and VI back to back to back is if I am slowed so I wouldn't say it's really that big of a deal or important. It would be even less important going between IV and V lower base recast times.

Enjoy spamming either of those spells while doing anything we're talking about.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-11 15:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dodu said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

15% Cure Clogs
12% Orison Pantaloons +2
10% Light Arts
5% Orison Locket
2% Loq. Earring
2% Incantor Stone

66%

This is ahead of your setup while using 1% casting time values for things I don't trust the documented stats on.

Rdm/whm caps fastcast with head, body and the earrings. You don't even need the rest as it will do nothing.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-08-11 15:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The Fast Cast cap was raised recently (June update?). I think I read that the cap is now 80%, but I could be wrong.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 24