Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2011-08-19 11:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Still no Cure V? Back in the closet you go, RDM. Man, I miss that job.

RDM doesn't need Cure5... when will people realize this?

Alot of stuff isnt "needed", drk dosent need tier 3 nukes, whm dosent need holy 2. They can function just fine as a usefull job without it. It about getting a new cure spell since lvl 48 and actually having something that can greatly contribute to abyssea which is 90% of the game now. If anything for the arguement i just want a new cure already.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-19 11:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
We'll still be useless because we can't main heal obviously. I probably still won't be using Rdm inside since we lowman stuff and simply have no place for it since I typically have to cover either red or grellow procs, but it would give awesome for outside. Would be nice on weaker Nms if duoing with a friend.
Meh, every LS has a different playstyle and it'll sure open up a few doors for RDM. I'm preparing for my LS to *** my RDM out for Temper/Haste/Refresh, though. Not that I mind. :P
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-19 11:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Bismarck.Dierdreh said: »
Joining the bandwagon here (and in before the "STOP WHINING ABOUT CURE V!" just hear me out)....

Where the hell is my Cure V for RDM. They can keep implementing JA for RDM but what they have done (in my opinion) hasn't made them any more desirable to the masses INSIDE of Abyssea. I mean, it's not like I REALLY want Cure V. What other choice does RDM have though? It seems like the only way they will be useful in Abyseea. Sure, they would become a glorified WHM but that'ed be the only way to work them in. (And trust me that's the last thing I want.) But at least we could play the job..

The biggest issue here though when it comes down to it is that SE needs to release an area that actually requires support jobs. (I'm talking RDM BRD COR. The support of the support.) Abyssea...yeah... It doesn't really need support jobs with the acception of BRD for procs. That's just me personally form what I have observed.

So when it comes down to it do I really want Cure V and make RDM another WHM? Not really. Do I feel its necessary to bring RDM back to even be playable? Yes, as sad as it is to say. I miss you RDM. =/
We're getting TEMPER, this shouldn't even be worth talking about anymore. Red Mage will be coming to Abyssea more often now because of it. Who WOULDN'T turn down OAT in the form of a buff?

Hmm OAT in exchange for having to make another person an empyrean weapon or give +2 items to? I'd go without
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-19 11:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually dropped my LS because I felt it only existed to get the leader and his circle gear and I was better off just playing with friends (even if it is slower), I only have my social left.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-19 11:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said: »
Bismarck.Dierdreh said: »
Joining the bandwagon here (and in before the "STOP WHINING ABOUT CURE V!" just hear me out)....

Where the hell is my Cure V for RDM. They can keep implementing JA for RDM but what they have done (in my opinion) hasn't made them any more desirable to the masses INSIDE of Abyssea. I mean, it's not like I REALLY want Cure V. What other choice does RDM have though? It seems like the only way they will be useful in Abyseea. Sure, they would become a glorified WHM but that'ed be the only way to work them in. (And trust me that's the last thing I want.) But at least we could play the job..

The biggest issue here though when it comes down to it is that SE needs to release an area that actually requires support jobs. (I'm talking RDM BRD COR. The support of the support.) Abyssea...yeah... It doesn't really need support jobs with the acception of BRD for procs. That's just me personally form what I have observed.

So when it comes down to it do I really want Cure V and make RDM another WHM? Not really. Do I feel its necessary to bring RDM back to even be playable? Yes, as sad as it is to say. I miss you RDM. =/
We're getting TEMPER, this shouldn't even be worth talking about anymore. Red Mage will be coming to Abyssea more often now because of it. Who WOULDN'T turn down OAT in the form of a buff?

Hmm OAT in exchange for having to make another person an empyrean weapon or give +2 items to? I'd go without
wat
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-19 11:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

enjoy being an unmerited waste of a party slot
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-19 11:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I'll be over there in the backlines watching my LS's Empyrean Holders deal more DoT when I need to be on RDM.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-08-19 11:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

and feed more tp =/
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-19 11:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
and feed more tp =/
is that argument even valid anymore outside of lowman?
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-08-19 11:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

and feed more tp =/

Don't go there. We're well aware this is an issue.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-19 11:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said: »
and feed more tp =/

Don't go there. We're well aware this is an issue.
I think he took this out of context; I'm talking about regular DDs >_>;
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-08-19 11:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

and feed more tp =/

It's valid when groups are fighting a NM and are scared shitless that the mob might unleash 1 tp move and wipe the entire party and they not get what they came for...

I personally think people get a little to worked up and scared, but it's purely situational I suppose.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-08-19 11:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, I was on WAR once on a NM during Piercing proc time, and the group was scared to death of the tp feed me finding Blue would produce. I just sort of eye rolled and let them do their thing, it was their group so I couldn't really complain.

EDIT: The tp feed from just doing WS's, I have 7/tic regain in Aby.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-19 11:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

and feed more tp =/

It's valid when groups are fighting a NM and are scared shitless that the mob might unleash 1 tp move and wipe the entire party and they not get what they came for...

I personally think people get a little to worked up and scared, but it's purely situational I suppose.
I'd only worry about wiping if that one TP move hits the mages. Also, hi2uStun for when the mob isn't resistant to it!
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-19 11:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's 4-5 more regain I care to have while proc'ing but that's just me and getting off topic.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-19 12:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, I was on WAR once on a NM during Piercing proc time, and the group was scared to death of the tp feed me finding Blue would produce. I just sort of eye rolled and let them do their thing, it was their group so I couldn't really complain.

EDIT: The tp feed from just doing WS's, I have 7/tic regain in Aby.
wat, i'd complain at that point.
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
Server: Lakshmi
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-08-19 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said: »
RDM doesn't need Cure5... when will people realize this?

Alot of stuff isnt "needed", drk dosent need tier 3 nukes, whm dosent need addle.

Ftfy
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-19 16:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't have been the only person not surprised Whm was getting Addle...
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-19 16:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll still be useless because we can't main heal obviously. I probably still won't be using Rdm inside since we lowman stuff and simply have no place for it since I typically have to cover either red or grellow procs, but it would give awesome for outside. Would be nice on weaker Nms if duoing with a friend.
Meh, every LS has a different playstyle and it'll sure open up a few doors for RDM. I'm preparing for my LS to *** my RDM out for Temper/Haste/Refresh, though. Not that I mind. :P

Just hope they don't ask for a cure loool
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-19 16:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hope they don't ask for a cure loool
Don't worry, we have plenty of WHMs ;)
[+]
By Halfpint 2011-08-19 16:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a native RR.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-23 14:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate;177304 said:
To answer your questions about the new red mage spell Temper...

This is going to be a self-target spell only and cannot be made into an AoE spell via SCH's Accession.

WHAT THE *** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, SQUARE?!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-08-23 14:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? You expected this to go well? I stand by my original statement. Back to the closet you go, RDM.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-23 14:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So glad the melee RDMs over at official forums is going force RDM into a melee job >_>
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-08-23 19:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
So glad the melee RDMs over at official forums is going force RDM into a melee job >_>

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-08-23 19:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the link to that.
What an great update for Red Mages!
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24