user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2011-07-25 10:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

TP:

WS

with -> Baby Blob OAT
with -> Langdebeve +2 (STR path)
*possibly Vougier's

Are what I'm starting with. What I'm wondering is if this is at least a 6-hit /sam and /blu or rdm etc. I'm not ultra concerned with x-hit since I usually end up holding tp past 100% nine times out of ten for whatever reason. Also with OAT, I'm guessing overflow from jumps and doubles and regain atmas is going to make it that much harder to TP @ 100

That being said, I'm trying to maximize my dmg during the TP phase.

I'm trying to work in my AF3+2 legs on TP for that nice crit bonus.

I have AF3+2 head, timilari body and all homam peices to work with.

Any advice is appreciated.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-25 10:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be close to ideal sets. Unsure if calmecac pants are considered better than ace's tbh, but I know for certain that TPing in +2 pants wouldn't be better. Since you don't have some of this stuff yet I suppose it's just a model to build on.

For your current gear, that TP set already provides a 6-hit.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-07-25 10:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

idk i do love the head+2 for the att+20/skill+7 XD

By Hisawesomeness 2011-07-25 13:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If not too concerned with an x-hit build try lancer's head +2, and homam legs for your tp set. This will give you 25% gear haste and let you replace blitz ring for something else. Not to mention +20 att and the polwarm skill from the head will add a decent amout of extra damage on standard melee attacks.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-04 11:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my existing set and gets you a 5hit using the OAT corsesca after landing a 4/4 Drakes. I havent been able to come up with anything better. Its about the best we can do as far as I can tell.

TP (25% haste)

I previously used hoard+bullwhip for the 26% haste cap, but I like my 4str/dex, 75hp and 50resist all back in exchange for 0.6% haste. But either works.

WS

Pipilaka belt/Aesir is the only upgrade here. I keep my warwolf since it has 3acc mod on it for grinsies though.

Really the only things that would boost this up anymore are items I dont have. Aesir earring would be the most obvious upgrade as I havent got it yet. As well as the WOTG earring.
 Ragnarok.Amador
Server: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 13:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I too change grips when I WS. (Think you missed that part).
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-04 13:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:

Change Grip = Loss of TP = fail
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 13:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*.*; She knows, I was just poking fun at it since her Rose Strap, turns into a Pole Grip when she ws's.

Common knowledge is common. Was probably just a hic-up.
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-04 13:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said:
This is my existing set and gets you a 5hit using the OAT corsesca after landing a 4/4 Drakes. I havent been able to come up with anything better. Its about the best we can do as far as I can tell.

TP (25% haste)

I previously used hoard+bullwhip for the 26% haste cap, but I like my 4str/dex, 75hp and 50resist all back in exchange for 0.6% haste. But either works.

WS

Pipilaka belt/Aesir is the only upgrade here. I keep my warwolf since it has 3acc mod on it for grinsies though.

Really the only things that would boost this up anymore are items I dont have. Aesir earring would be the most obvious upgrade as I havent got it yet. As well as the WOTG earring.

Couple things worth noting that might help. I would WS in Flame/Light Gorget, Kemnas and Aesir is a toss up for me atm. As for the belt, I can't decide between Anguinus or Light Belt. Havn't gotten that far with DRG yet.

TP Set I'm aiming for:
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, just looking at your Ring1 Slot, and that Bullwhip, that's a 195 Hp loss combination, which in abyssea is close to 400 HP loss.

Also, if you're gonna bother to use that Ring1, you should just go ahead and put Calmecac Trousers in your TP set as well. Get rid of Ace's Mufflers, for something like Timarli Dastanas.

This will push your Triple Attack from 2, to 4%. Assuming you're activating the latent.

I would recommend getting a different belt if possible, it's a horrible piece for a DD who stays in the front lines. However, if your Dragoon is more of a back row character for your LS it's fine.

If you're so adamant on having more haste and maintaining a 6 hit only, then consider Speed/Volacious/Quick/Ninurta, solid +6% Haste, no negative effects to care about.

Claymore Grip will more than likely give you greater returns than Pole Grip.

Anguinus's Belt is the better choice for most things i n the WS department (However, the D might be helpful on higher end content for crit, if you reach the sweet point on mobs AGI.)

Lastly, Love Torque is undisputed as a WS piece due to attack, and D. Should only be replaced with Rancor Collar.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-04 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Honestly, just looking at your Ring1 Slot, and that Bullwhip, that's a 195 Hp loss combination, which in abyssea is close to 400 HP loss.

Also, if you're gonna bother to use that Ring1, you should just go ahead and put Calmecac Trousers in your TP set as well. Get rid of Ace's Mufflers, for something like Timarli Dastanas.

This will push your Triple Attack from 2, to 4%. Assuming you're activating the latent.

I would recommend getting a different belt if possible, it's a horrible piece for a DD who stays in the front lines. However, if your Dragoon is more of a back row character for your LS it's fine.

If you're so adamant on having more haste and maintaining a 6 hit only, then consider Speed/Volacious/Quick/Ninurta, solid +6% Haste, no negative effects to care about.

Anguinus's Belt is the better choice for most things i n the WS department (However, the D might be helpful on higher end content for crit, if you reach the sweet point on mobs AGI.)

Lastly, Love Torque is undisputed as a WS piece due to attack, and D. Should only be replaced with Rancor Collar.
People still think bullwhip -stats are killing you?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 14:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Go fight Shallow Seymour. Have your WHM cast Barstonra on you, maybe even get a Earth Carol II up. You'll still die, because Barstonra, and Earth Carol II, while helpful... aren't enough to cap your resistance against him.

So yes, they are killing you, if you don't have a BRD. If you only have Barstonra up, it's especially killing you.

See how it goes? 195 HP is a pretty big number outside of Abyssea, as is 75 HP.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-04 14:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-04 15:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Heh yeah that was an oversight. Should be Rose strap for both.

Quote:
Couple things worth noting that might help. I would WS in Flame/Light Gorget, Kemnas and Aesir is a toss up for me atm. As for the belt, I can't decide between Anguinus or Light Belt. Havn't gotten that far with DRG yet.
I avoid kemas because I generally dont need the acc on anything, but drg is always short on atk and I never really use old Jump anymore (vit boost). Ill be sticking with assault until i get an aesir.

Sea Gorgets and Love torque are virtually identical with love edging out in more situations. DA/TA on WS (FTP bonus shrinks since its 1st hit only. Atk works on all). Love has a smidge more acc(works on all hits), Dex 'can' make a difference in crit rate if the Ddex is in the right spot. Its REALLY close but I lean with Love. Not anything to loose any sleep over though. Its an exceptionally small difference.

The belts are all pretty close, but i havent explicitly looked at warwolf(3acc mod) vs piplaka vs anguinis since i didnt have anguinus till recently and pipi didnt exist till recently. I should probably look at that a little closer. My warwolf beat out light/fire belt because my warwolf has 5dex+3acc(6.75 acc) which puts 5str vs the 0.1ftp. I assume since 7atk and 5dex on love stood up to 0.1ftp very well in the love vs sea gorget comparisons over the years, 5str(3.75 atk) 5dex on a 50% str mod WS should beat it handily.

Anyway, long story short, I am exceedingly happy with the above builds and, unless im overlooking something obvious, should be about the best we can do with a corsesca build right now (excluding the noted changes like Aesir/WOoTG earring).
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 16:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole reason why Love beats out Gorget is simply due to the increase on that first hit. Love Torque just makes you more well rounded.

For non-mithra Dragoon's getting dex high enough was always hard. Love + Warwolf/Pilka works decently, and will help you cap your dex on higher AGI enemies to come, at this point Pilka will be king.

For lower end content, which you are capping dex on other options such as Elemental Gorget/Belt would win.

Same idea for monsters which require more attack from you, Gorget/Belt will lose to a combination such as: Love/Anguinus.

The all rounder for choice is the last one, since Dragoon does infact lack attack in most cases. If anything, it would be optimal to have 2 different builds in some situations for Angon up, and Angon down.

That's a bother though.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-05 07:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:

You're the reason I don't care to post and help people on these forums. Explain to me how Love Torque is giving more attack than Agasaya's? +Skill only give 0.9 Attack after you reach skill 270 or something. That's only 6.3 Attack vs 8. Love has more accuracy but I can live with an accuracy difference of 1.6. Also how are Timarli Dastanas beat out Ace's? less str, same haste, no Zanshin. STP-4 isn't killing me.

I could see Calmecac being swaped in and the ring for a blitz ring to keep haste capped. That would give me 2% dbl but cost me 12 Acc. I do have MP merits so keeping the latent activated isn't a problem.

lol @ Bullwhip crying.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-05 07:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

kind of hard to tell what -4stp is doing when you don't have a weapon.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-05 08:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently using an augmented guisarme but plan on getting a vougier's contus which have the same delay. Thinking of possibly going for oneiros lance for fun. All have the same delay of 492.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-05 08:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

for tp, calmecac>lancer (specially for abyssea) theres no reason to use lancer but for ws, zelus tiara to avoid using blitz ring
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-05 08:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Really going to give up Lancer's helm for Zelus? That's just sad...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-05 08:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

for +2 haste? yes... also if it allows me to choose another ring than blitz >.> theres no way that +20 atk, +7 polearm skill will be a notable performance than +2 haste with oneiros ring on.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-05 08:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You're the reason I don't care to post and help people on these forums. Explain to me how Love Torque is giving more attack than Agasaya's? +Skill only give 0.9 Attack after you reach skill 270 or something. That's only 6.3 Attack vs 8. Love has more accuracy but I can live with an accuracy difference of 1.6. Also how are Timarli Dastanas beat out Ace's? less str, same haste, no Zanshin. STP-4 isn't killing me.

Acc has always been 1=1 from 1-200 skill, then 1skill=0.9acc 201+. Atk has always been 1=1 for all skill levels(through 75). If im not mistaken, I remember something many months ago after the level cap raise verifying that it was still 1 for 1 post 75. I guess i could quit being lazy and verify it when I log in next, but pretty sure it 1 for 1 on atk still.

7atk, 6.3 acc, 5dex(3.75 acc) so 9-11 acc depending on favorable rounding and 5 dex for crit rate. Ill take -1atk for 1-3 acc and +5 Ddex anyday over agasayas.
 Carbuncle.Dominico
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Dominico 2011-08-05 09:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:

Maybe I'm just blind and not seeing it, but where are you seeing a 195 hp loss? I'm only seeing the 75 from Bullwhip.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Dominico
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Dominico 2011-08-05 09:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Carbuncle.Dominico said:
Ragnarok.Amador said:

Maybe I'm just blind and not seeing it, but where are you seeing a 195 hp loss? I'm only seeing the 75 from Bullwhip.

Assuming they mean the hp merits you'd lose in the event you're using mp merits to activate the latent..I think..

Yea, think thats it. Full HP merits is +120 hp, then add 75 and you get the 195. However, if you're capping MP merits just to activate a latent on a ring, you need to get dropkicked off the servers.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-05 14:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said:

I could see Calmecac being swaped in and the ring for a blitz ring to keep haste capped. That would give me 2% dbl but cost me 12 Acc. I do have MP merits so keeping the latent activated isn't a problem.

lol @ Bullwhip crying.

Hi, so... yes 1 combat skill = 1 attack as Aanalaty said which means Love Torque is +7 Attack. The other reason why it -beats- the pants off of Agasaya's is due to the D as she stated.

As for Dastanas, the reason why they're better is due to them not damaging a hit build if you're aiming for one. Simply this.

Zanshin, is worthless to us. We're not Samurai's. If your accuracy isn't 95% already, or hasn't been then some revising in gear choices is in order.

Asura.Bartimaeus said:

Assuming they mean the hp merits you'd lose in the event you're using mp merits to activate the latent..I think..

This, I wasn't even factoring in the Abyssea loss you do get from having it on. It's a flat -195 HP, outside of Abyssea. Inside, assuming you have Merit Abyssites the loss will be much greater.

Now, as a side note of Calmecac Bellbottoms. I forget where, but some math was done to show that at higher levels of haste 4% Haste Pants beat them.

However, this should be viewed as "Bestia Breeches with +4% Haste" not Ace's. That -12 Accuracy -will- kill you in Voidwatch, if you're doing it or any new NM content, monsters like Dawon etc. However, Calmecac would be nice for low haste situations in which you lack a BRD or something.
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2011-08-06 03:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Hi, so... yes 1 combat skill = 1 attack as Aanalaty said which means Love Torque is +7 Attack. The other reason why it -beats- the pants off of Agasaya's is due to the D as she stated.

This is my own TP set, faulty as it may be. Using FFXI Stat Calculator because I'm too lazy to get on the game at 4AM, Elvaan DRG90/SAM45 has DEX75. We'll go with that. This TP set has DEX+19. So, DEX94 total. Let's assume the target enemy has AGI90--not implausible.

I swap in Love Torque (DEX+5). DEX99, AGI90. A +1% change in crit rate. Okay. Abyssea, you say? Okay. Even just Razed Ruins alone. DEX149 AGI90. 149-90=59. Look at that--over dDEX cap. Let's remove the Love Torque, surely that will (59-5=54)... nope. Still over cap.

Is Love Torque superior to Agasaya's for Drakesbane? Yes. Does DEX matter on Camlann's/Geirskogul? (Trying to be fair for Amador here.) Not really. Is there something better than Love Torque for Drakesbane? Yes--and it's been mentioned. (Rancor Collar)

If you don't have Love Torque, but have almost anything else better to do with your time--then by all means go do something else. Doing outdated content for a miniscule bonus at best, while not difficult, seems like one of those goals you should put off until the end. If you do have Love Torque, then huzzah for you.

Ragnarok.Amador said:
This, I wasn't even factoring in the Abyssea loss you do get from having it on. It's a flat -195 HP, outside of Abyssea. Inside, assuming you have Merit Abyssites the loss will be much greater.

While I'm all for having more HP, this is sort of assuming that everyone can keep the heat off of the various Ukon!WARs, Vere!MNKs, and Kannagi!NINs for long enough to have that little bit of HP even mean anything. Plausible to be killed because of it? Yes. Probable? Not so much.

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Now, as a side note of Calmecac Bellbottoms. I forget where, but some math was done to show that at higher levels of haste 4% Haste Pants beat them.

**** is situational. People may have other means of capping haste with different builds that literally do not require haste+4% pants. That said, I use Calmecac Trousers *now* and already have a pair of Bestia Breeches Haste+4% in case my own build changes with the level cap increase. While I've run my own numbers on them, it'd be akin to "I forget where, but some math was done", which is oh-so-very resourceful.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-06 07:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't really say Abyssea for Love Torque, ways just a generality.

Jailer of Love is easy now, and has always been easy. No reason why it would be an issue to get one. The main focus now a days is VoidWatch/New Out of Abyssea NMs. Not really Abyssea.

As for your Calmanns' / Gierskogul reference, rather irrelevant.

As for the belt, I guess it's a simple matter of preference. Out of Abyssea average joe DD is around 1500 hp, maybe less. Not counting MNK.

In this scenario this was placed in, as seen above is for someone who has no HP merits, 120 HP worth, who would still use a Bulllwhip, -195. Quite a substantial loss. 1305 HP, that's what... 1-2 hits + a Ga III-IV, Ja or the Ja alone to die from?

Will you more than likely eat a unresisted ga III, IV, Ja? Probably. Could you sub it out for a DT-% belt? Yes, are you getting your 75 hp back? No. Could you sub it out versus Pancymancy T1 Voidwatch NM with Chainspell casting speed? No.

Will your haste matter much when you're dead? Not really. It's not about it being a QQ. It's just a crappy belt with a lot of sacrifices. Just my opinion.

As for the math on trousers, it's just something I read at some point. It was a close margin, so fairly negligible. I'm interested in knowing if anyone does have some math for it however, I know they win out if it's just Haste. However, what I read stated that if dual march was involved, the Bestia edged out by a bit.

Situational is pretty correct, just a bother to care enough to carry gear sets for weak monsters, tough ones, and really tough ones. Like I said though, it depends on how you play and how involved you are in what you do with your group.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-06 07:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the sets I am planning on acheiving for a Corsesca OAT 5-Hit with capped haste:

TP

WS (Jupiter's has 6 atk)

Please say if you see any room for improvement.
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13