thought I'd put this vid in this topic, was pretty entertaining imo :d

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nuibear
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Gnargnar
By Carbuncle.Nuibear 2013-01-02 00:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lol such a gangster taru. i wonder what he is throwing.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2013-01-02 00:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

he opens up his equipment menu briefly a few times, i think he's using Astragalos
By Otomis 2013-01-02 00:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for giggles, although I have not DD Brd since 75 cap.

EDIT: DW on KO (but kinda sure folks assume that)
By Solrain 2013-01-02 03:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That Taru is bad ***. You guys need to stop being such amazing soloists, it's embarrassing for the rest of us! I was kinda nerdbardraging at his lack of a decent idle set though =P

Bruno said:
he opens up his equipment menu briefly a few times, i think he's using Astragalos

Yeah it's those.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2013-01-02 15:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

makes me wanna go cap my throwing now >_>

anyone else see that he finished in 29min 59 sec? o.o
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [486 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Atticus
Server: Asura
user: Atticus
By Asura.Atticus 2014-05-03 21:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any updated brd DD sets?
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-03 22:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 289363ItemSet 289847

Kirin's Osode: Dual Wield +3/Critical hit rate+2%

K'ayres Ring is next best to Oneiros Ring if you don't have MP Merits, Oneiros is more of a luxury for anyone who merited MP.

ItemSet 242686ItemSet 267136
[+]
 Asura.Atticus
By Asura.Atticus 2014-05-03 22:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks alot for the sets.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-04 00:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime :) I forgot to mention that if you're unable to use and augmented Osode like the one I presented in my initial set (due to bad luck with Synergy augments or your augments are reserved for something else) here's an optimal alternative set to go off of:

ItemSet 316830
By Creecreelo 2014-05-04 03:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget about Ginsen!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-04 07:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A few questions:
* What does a current ideal Mordant set look like?
* Mordant feels like my strongest WS with 119 Carn, but I have not mathed it. It is, right?
* Do you think it is worth maintaining AM3 with Carn in a situation where you are fighting almost constantly?
* How much ate you looking forward to wardrobe making it possible to gear for all your roles at once?
 Asura.Atticus
By Asura.Atticus 2014-05-04 12:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
A few questions:
* How much ate you looking forward to wardrobe making it possible to gear for all your roles at once?

I wanted to start gearing for DD and saw I was out of space pretty much, then they announced that and now I'll be able to do DD sets aswell pretty happy about it.
By Creecreelo 2014-05-04 13:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A few questions:
* Mordant feels like my strongest WS with 119 Carn, but I have not mathed it. It is, right?
* Do you think it is worth maintaining AM3 with Carn in a situation where you are fighting almost constantly?

I don't know, but I would really love to see one. As it stands right now, I'm never sure where I should be gearing for Att in place of high amounts of Chr or Dex, especially on targets like VD Tenzen, Eald'narche, etc. I would agree though that I feel it is the strongest WS with 119 Carn; I've hit some crazy huge spikes with it. The Gravity effect (Eva-10) is a nice little boon too.

I do think it's worth it to maintain AM3. Currently the best Brd TP set has so much STP that I feel it really helps with this.

I cannot wait for Wardrobe. @________________@ Although honestly I'm more excited about it for Brd/sch since I have to really sacrifice in some sets to make room for my nuke set. Being able to carry around all that MAB gear for random WSs like Aeolian Edge will be awesome too though.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-05-04 13:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A few questions:

Rime absolutely seems to be strongest brd WS with Carn, 5/5 Exen isn't coming particularly close. Thats just observed from scoreboard averages and generic WS sets.

Wardrobe will probably change my entire approach to how I 3box brd, normally I just /follow my Whm char and sub /blm for convenience and the occasional Elemental Seal. Thats down to not being able to carry around all my gear, with an extra 80 slots I can comfortably keep my melee gear on me full time, which will likely lead to /dnc being the sub of choice
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-04 18:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently use this for Rime:
ItemSet 323147

Airy Ring would be better than Veela Ring, but I currently do not feel like clogging my inventory with it. Perhaps with Wardrobe I will have space. Not sure if I have overlooked anything else.

When I use this against Level 107-109 stuff, it averages 3.6k with a mix of Marbled Steak and not.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-06 17:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeaaaah, Mordant Rime:

I honestly wonder if this is the best WS for non-Carn BRDs too.

With Smouldering Salisbury Steak, I am averaging about 4.2k/Mordant. This is always with AM3. Also, I WS above 20% target HP, which is only going to be 1 hit a lot of the time on Mordant.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-07 17:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Mordant Rime is the most optimal WS for a 119 Carn user.

119 Mandau users w/ Exen may be ahead by a bit but I have yet to math it, and factor in AM3, I will be doing that soon. More info coming on Ginsen too, as that may be a piece I have overlooked. For now, I do have a Mordant Rime set:

ItemSet 242687ItemSet 323279

Set on the left is most optimal (aside from Tati+1's being a myth) for standard Delve and stuff, set on the right is for lower level content. Only situational changes in the left set i can possibly think of are probably just Ele belt/gorget for things like Delve bosses

and super hype for wardrobe!
By Creecreelo 2014-05-07 18:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

vanir boots
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-08 00:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »

it's like you're my other half

(fixed ^^)
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-14 15:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

From the May update, Tengu-no-Hane is a new Exenterator piece, and looks like it may have application elsewhere too :o
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Yidhra
Server: Phoenix
user: Mhi1
By Phoenix.Yidhra 2014-06-18 17:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How's http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20630/atoyac looking as an offhand with the new WKR augments? Occ Atk Twice, with either acc,crit rate, crit dmg, atk, ws.dmg, or storeTP ?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-07 07:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly wonder if this is the best WS for non-Carn BRDs too.
So do you think this accurate to say now? I'm unsure with all the ws updates.

I like Rime as a ws, but since the majority of my melee brd is used as a skillchain starter for my main and Rime only does distortion with Chant, it's a bit less nice for me than Evis. Although it does do darkness with Req so I still plan to gear it somewhat regardless.

I'm sure once I have my carn I'll probably switch anyway.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-07-16 03:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Evis is normally better than Mordant Rime for non carns, as far as I could see.
Also remember that if you're not using /NIN or /DNC (i.e. single wield) you get a +6% crit rate boost which would only affect Evisceration and not the other WSs.

Mordant is the best choice for Carns of course, altough I feel if for some reason (amnesia, whatever) you end up at high TP values and do not need to refresh AM3, Rudra's Storm wins over Evis.
Depends on your attack vs target defense, but the threshold at which Rudra becomes better than Evis is around ~1700TP.
Higher if you're single-wielding of course (because of the crit bonus).

Still have to work a lot on my TP set, my current incomplete one is this one:
ItemSet 326089

Lots of pieces are there because it's stuff I already own, inventory saved +1!
Just found out about Lithelimb Hat, didn't even notice BRD can equip it.
Altough at that point I'll end up with an excess of Haste and no real option of taking haste out, aside from removing Angel Lyre I guess.
Which makes me wonder... don't you lose TP when you swap from Ammo to Instruments?
If you go Instruments > Ammo you should keep your TP, but when you go back Ammo > Instruments your TP should be reset, no? That's kinda inconvenient...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-16 10:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
My current TP set is pretty close to yours.

ItemSet 257901

I very very rarely sub nin or dnc so I don't DW much.

As far as loosing tp. As long as you don't change to an actual ranged weapon such as a bow/crossbow/charkram. You can also not take off your ranged item.

If you have tp and you have an instrument equipped and you take it off, then you lose tp.

If you have an ammo like aqua sachet that cannot be thrown and take it off, you do NOT lose tp.

If you switch between an instrument and an ammo item like aqua sachet, you do NOT lose tp.

If you switch from an ammo like aqua satchet to an instrument, you do NOT lose tp.

If you switch between various ammos, you do NOT lose tp.

If you switch between various instruments, you do NOT lose tp.

And... I think that about covers all the various swaps.

I had to set up my melee mode in my lua very carefully to make sure I don't lose tp as I normally start casting songs in Impatiens. This gives me a shot at instacast but because I idle in gjallarhorn I have to "empty" that slot to make sure my swaps work right as going gjallar -> impatiens -> gjallar fails to put gjallar back on if I don't.
 Ragnarok.Loughry
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2014-07-16 10:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you purposely type loose instead of lose? That is a really cruel thing to do...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-16 11:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Loughry said: »
Do you purposely type loose instead of lose? That is a really cruel thing to do...
Oh god... I'm guilty of one of these things... I should really get more sleep. Corrected.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-07-17 01:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... Kinda want a Ginsen now then >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-07-18 22:04:16