First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Othilda
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2012-11-01 15:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Random comment....

Just realized that another good option for a TP body on brd is Hedera cotehardie (sorry if someone already mentioned...if so I fail lol!).
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2012-11-05 11:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

tp set

Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-11-18 06:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

TP
Kirin's osode augmented with dual wield +3, crit rate +2, attack +5
Byakko's haidate augmented with crit damage +4 stp 2

Rudra's
Hecatomb... augments all over
Jupiter's ring augmented with attack
TP bonus moonshade

Exenterator
Selenian cap augmented with AGI +4, weaponskilldamage +2/attack +5, accuracy +10

Is there are any improvements that can be made to these sets, I'd love some advice prease.

Was wondering if Bard's Justaucorps +2 is better than augmented Kirin's osode while dual wielding? And is there anything better for BRD exenterator in headslot? Help prz xD
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-18 06:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How close are tumbler trunks to Sthira trousers? Bard is pretty attack starved since you probably have double march going instead of minuet when you ws. 9AGI versus 9 more atk?

I have 5/5 exenterator but stacking agi like crazy when i do it on brd doesnt really seem to help me much because atk needs to reach some better level? I'd probably still use aug osode over Sthira body too.
I may be biased slightly because i use osode and tumbler trunks though as my catch all pieces for all bard ws because of inventory limits.
By Creecreelo 2012-11-18 09:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bendis's Hairpin for Exen and possibly TP.

Cheruski Needle perhaps for Rudra's? Believe that is best for that slot.

Maybe an Agi+4 Earring or those Agi+8 set earrings for Exen, but not 100% sure about Earrings for Exen. Inventory issues too!
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-18 09:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
How close are tumbler trunks to Sthira trousers? Bard is pretty attack starved since you probably have double march going instead of minuet when you ws. 9AGI versus 9 more atk?

I have 5/5 exenterator but stacking agi like crazy when i do it on brd doesnt really seem to help me much because atk needs to reach some better level? I'd probably still use aug osode over Sthira body too.
I may be biased slightly because i use osode and tumbler trunks though as my catch all pieces for all bard ws because of inventory limits.
For body use Relic +2. And 9 AGI > 9 Attack for sure.
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-11-18 14:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
Cheruski Needle perhaps for Rudra's?

Wouldn't using the needle wipe your TP if switching from an instrument?
By Creecreelo 2012-11-18 15:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Creecreelo said: »
Cheruski Needle perhaps for Rudra's?

Wouldn't using the needle wipe your TP if switching from an instrument?

Originally, I had thought something similar to this as well (switching from Instrument -> Ammo = no TP loss, but Ammo -> Instrument = TP loss). But! I read about this on another forum and tested it out myself, and it actually does work. You won't lose TP! It's still strange to me, but it does work!
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2012-11-18 15:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »

TP
Kirin's osode augmented with dual wield +3, crit rate +2, attack +5
Byakko's haidate augmented with crit damage +4 stp 2

Rudra's
Hecatomb... augments all over
Jupiter's ring augmented with attack
TP bonus moonshade

Exenterator
Selenian cap augmented with AGI +4, weaponskilldamage +2/attack +5, accuracy +10

Is there are any improvements that can be made to these sets, I'd love some advice prease.

Was wondering if Bard's Justaucorps +2 is better than augmented Kirin's osode while dual wielding? And is there anything better for BRD exenterator in headslot? Help prz xD

For TP set, believe Zelus is better than Brego. As for legs, Aug Byakko's and Calmecac are pretty close. Calmecac is better overall, but for a Twash BRD, Byakko's would be better outside Abyssea(prolly would wanna swap Ninurta's for Paewr Belt then), and Calmecac in. Also, if you have MP Merits, Oneiros Ring would beat Tyrant's, but if not then just stick to that. And yea, DW/Crit Osode is better than Relic+2.
Edit:: Forgot to mention Ghadhab Nails also are slightly better than Wrathwing on some higher tiered NMs if you care, kind of a rare situation you'd be DD'ing on BRD though.

In addition to Creelo's suggestion to Cheruski Needle for Rudra's, Cuchulain's Belt would beat Prosilio, and Brutal Earring would beat Jupiter's. Besides that, it looks fine. In capped fSTR situations(most commonly Abyssea, but other situations exist too), second Jupiter's w/ Augs or a Thundersoul would be better than Rajas.

For Exen, going along with the conversation about losing TP with Ammo, Breeze Sachet would be better than Hellish +1. Set Bonus +8 AGI earrings(or even double Auster's Pearls for baller status) would be best for Ear slots. Prosilio Belt is also best option for waist. Being that with the set earrings and Prosilio that you'd have no DA, then it'd make sense to upgrade Atheling Mantle to Vimukti for an extra 5 attack. To your head slot question for Exen: Bendis's Hairpin > Maat's Cap > Sthira Helm(though super rare, lol) > Lenore's Hairpin > Urja Helm. MKE head isn't that great for it =/
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2012-11-18 16:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You would still lose the TP return from the WS itself when switching back. A slight increase to WS potency isn't worth adding an extra attack round till your next WS.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2012-11-18 16:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope! Actually doesn't work like that either..it'll do that if you unequip your Instrument completely, but swapping back and forth between Ammo+Instrument will have no effect on your TP.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-11-18 19:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Bruno and CreeCreelo for the advice, it's much appreciated. I will adjust the sets in the above post accordingly. :)

TP

Rudra's

Exenterator

These look pretty sweet to me >:)
By Chyula 2012-11-18 19:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You are doing it wrong, Bard suppose to sing mob to death with Raquiem. go back and redo your set noob.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-11-18 20:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never heard of Raquiem, must be pretty rare
By Chyula 2012-11-18 20:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

my bad, I don't even remember what it called lol. you know there is only 1 type of DoT song.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2012-11-18 20:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

with Requiem?

...you mean like this? ;)
[+]
By Chyula 2012-11-18 20:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot!
By Voren 2012-11-20 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I came up with. Similar to above, but changed a piece or two.

I'm pretty much soing BRD for LS in NNI when Embrava gets nerfed.

Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2012-11-22 23:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I'm currently using, I need help for feet though.
Also as /NIN or /DNC would dual wield augments on my osode outdo Justaucorps +2?
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2012-11-23 00:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Reece said: »

Also as /NIN or /DNC would dual wield augments on my osode outdo Justaucorps +2?

Dusk Feet+1 is probably the most beneficial, easiest/cheapest thing to get. The only things that beat it are Wrathwing and Ghadhab Nails, Wrathwing being the best most of the time between the two, so they'll last you until then. Would put you at 28% Haste with any of these on..so unless you have Twashtar, would be best to swap Byakko's Haidate for Calmecac Trousers if you're able to get them, unless you need the Accuracy for some reason.

and yeah, DW Osode beats Jstcorps+2. try and get Crit rate+ on em too! ;)
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2012-11-23 09:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »

Dusk Feet+1 is probably the most beneficial, easiest/cheapest thing to get. The only things that beat it are Wrathwing and Ghadhab Nails, Wrathwing being the best most of the time between the two, so they'll last you until then. Would put you at 28% Haste with any of these on..so unless you have Twashtar, would be best to swap Byakko's Haidate for Calmecac Trousers if you're able to get them, unless you need the Accuracy for some reason.

Got DW+2 and Crit Dmg +3% so I guess that'll do for now :P
No plans on getting a Twashtar unless I decided to level THF and then I'll probably go get some Calmecac Trousers. Thanks for help
 Fenrir.Irenechan
user: lleyod
By Fenrir.Irenechan 2012-11-28 18:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »

Got DW+2 and Crit Dmg +3% so I guess that'll do for now :P
No plans on getting a Twashtar unless I decided to level THF and then I'll probably go get some Calmecac Trousers. Thanks for help
why not use Suzaku's Sune-ate with Haste augment? the Ghadhab Nails always makes me wonder with the dt+......
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2012-11-28 18:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Irenechan said: »
why not use Suzaku's Sune-ate with Haste augment? the Ghadhab Nails always makes me wonder with the dt+......

yeah, that's true, but you don't have to necessarily always use Ghadhab, can swap out if you feel you'll be taking damage frequently. Dusk+1 would be a little better than Suzy Sune-ate if you have, since you get Attack+5 out of it too.

I still carry my Suzaku's w/ Haste+3/Fast Cast+4 around with me for Utsusemi casts though :3
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-12-17 06:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In light of the 12/12/12 patch, anything new to add to these sets?
There's at least a new pair of hands which should be nice for Exenterator at least.

Anything else to consider for TPsets or WS sets? (Mordant Rime, Exenterator, Mercy Stroke)
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-12-17 07:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabu's Jubbah
DEF: 54, HP +5%, MP +5%, STR +10, INT +10,
MND +10, CHR +10, "Double Attack" +3%, Haste +4%

?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-12-17 08:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's good for TP if you need haste (opens up more options in other slots to say the least) altough I honestly dunno if that DA+3% compensates for the DEX, ACC and ATT you can find on the Relic+2 body.
I'd be leaning to say no, but I'm more than willing to stand corrected.

I was more thinking about:
Nabu's Dastanas
DEF: 28, STR +7, AGI +7, Accuracy +8,
Attack +8, Magic Accuracy +5, Healing magic skill +12

Looks very nice for Exenterator, and potentially better than augmented Heca+1 even for Mercy Stroke.
Dunno how they would do for Mordant Rime, AF3+2 or Marduk+1 would probably be better for that.

I'm kinda confused about the fact that Marduk+1 lost the HP and MP +X% stat, which were one of the part I liked most about the marduk set back @75, altough I'm a galka so I'm probably a bit biased about the lack of MP for mage jobs.
It's confusing because being an HQ set you'd expect the same stat with higher numbers, rather than different stats.
I mean, they're even releasing an "alternative set", if they wanna change the stats they could have done it on this one, like they did. Why changing stats on the original set?

But I guess I'll be the only one complaining about that, right?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-12-17 08:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, getting back IT, any other data-mined set from the new Meeble Burrows zones?
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2012-12-17 12:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DW+3/Crit rate+2% Osode w/ Zelus Tiara is the best combo, but if you don't have, or plan on getting, an augmented DW Osode, Nabu's Jubbah+Khthonios Mask is a great alternative combo(and probably looks pretty awesome XD).

Asura.Sechs said: »
Nabu's Dastanas
DEF: 28, STR +7, AGI +7, Accuracy +8,
Attack +8, Magic Accuracy +5, Healing magic skill +12
Looks very nice for Exenterator, and potentially better than augmented Heca+1 even for Mercy Stroke.

Actually, Heafoc Mitts were better than Aug. Heca+1 for BRD's Mercy Stroke :P and I don't see Nabu's standing a chance against Heafoc.
For Exenterator, they come very close with Seiryu's Kote, ..it comes down to AGI+8(Seiryu's) or Attack+8(Nabu's), and I would think the AGI slightly wins..so I would say Seiryu's is still better.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2012-12-17 13:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not factoring Accuracy (which in all honesty shouldn't matter on the kind of mobs you're supposed to deploy DD BRD on) and STR, which gives us at least one STR tier and also converts into attack.

If I recall for Exenterator 2att = 1AGI? (very very roughly), but that's for a "normal" job, BRD should have a bigger lack of attack than other jobs, so maybe the formula is different.
You can augment Seiryu's Kote too tho, Crit rate+? Forgot what else.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2012-12-17 13:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
You're not factoring Accuracy (which in all honesty shouldn't matter on the kind of mobs you're supposed to deploy DD BRD on) and STR, which gives us at least one STR tier and also converts into attack.

If I recall for Exenterator 2att = 1AGI? (very very roughly), but that's for a "normal" job, BRD should have a bigger lack of attack than other jobs, so maybe the formula is different.
You can augment Seiryu's Kote too tho, Crit rate+? Forgot what else.

You're right on the STR thing, my bad..even factoring that in though, I'd say it's really close. On Seiryu's Kote you can get Store TP+3-5 and two of: Acc+4-5, Attack+4-5, Evasion+5, Crit. rate+2-3, and then Random Pool augments(Taken from BG). So with Acc/Att+5 augments, or even just Attack+5(if you wanna keep Evasion on there or something), I'd think that puts Seiryu's ahead, if it already wasn't.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7