First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 02:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
not saying nobody's trying to contribute, but annabelle brought up the dex thing again, which we just kind of dismissed earlier because there's so little of it, but hey, maybe stacking what little dex you can is better. i don't know.
Generally I wouldn't unless its a mod. At lower Ddex amounts it barely adds to crit rate. Iirc min crit rate is 5% and at 40Ddex it's 15% then goes to 25% at 50 lol.

So unless you have a decent idea of the mobs agi you might think you are at a crap range and be in the only part of the range really gearing for or you might think you are between 40 and 50 and actually be capped... but if you find a decent str/att/mnd peice with some dex on it go for it.

Which kinda brings up another point. Mob strenght can effect the value of other stuff alot too. No str itself should stay about the same since you will probably overcap fstr regardless since you gear it in for it's ws mod but att will vary alot depending on mob def and lvl. Not to mention your buffs.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 02:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought capped ddex was 20%. only places you'd possibly use dex are rings, possibly goliard feet (4 dex for 6 mnd assuming marduk), and head (voyager sallet/gnadbhod's/maat's).

what i'm working with, i'll get a belt eventually, hopefully kill odin again someday (took torque the first time). no gorget, no gnadbhod's, maybe i'll get a maat's cap someday, heh. i threw my smart grenade and don't really want to bother with tsting.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 02:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i thought capped ddex was 20%. only places you'd possibly use dex are rings, possibly goliard feet (4 dex for 6 mnd assuming marduk), and head (voyager sallet/gnadbhod's/maat's).
Well it does. You get 20% from Ddex and 5% from min crit rate at least I thought that's what is was.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-16 02:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

7 pages on a Hexa strike topic. I think we are beating some record
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 02:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Well it does. You get 20% from Ddex and 5% from min crit rate at least I thought that's what is was.
hm i dunno, i hear 24% thrown around a lot but that's 4% from merits.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 02:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i'll get a belt eventually, hopefully kill odin again someday (took torque the first time). no gorget,
Meh neither belt nor gorget are that awesome unless you need the acc anyways
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 02:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
hm i dunno, i hear 24% thrown around a lot but that's 4% from merits.
Meh whatever point still stands the vast portion of your Ddex just jack then bam alot
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 02:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i'll get a belt eventually, hopefully kill odin again someday (took torque the first time). no gorget,
Meh neither belt nor gorget are that awesome unless you need the acc anyways
well pcc and virtuoso don't add much damage either :P
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 02:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ire torque +1 goooooooooooooooo
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 02:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe i'll try to get prudence torque D:
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 02:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That too lol. Too bad it has int on it instead of some other stat like str or mnd. Wonder how black halo would fair with tp bonus trial club..

Actually wonder how much crit rate another 100 tp would add to hexa
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-16 03:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Agasaya better than prudence and slightly easier to get (unless you have some group that actually still does sea)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 03:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't think whm can use agasaya, easiest would probably be backlash
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 03:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't. But yes if it could agasays would be awesome
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-16 03:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah, I always think of it in my head as being all jobs, lol. My bad.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-16 03:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarowyn, is there any test on goblin site for the +Crit% at 100-200-300% TP for Hexa?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 03:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 12... I hate how my rng can use it but my blu can't... seriously
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 03:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

prudence is faith though so shouldn't be too bad right? D: to get a pop at least

even then there's someone always bazaaring sea trigs (no temperance though, so chances of me getting a hope torque are pretty low)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 03:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Only torque I want is love... which I managed to win for one of my mules lol. Though really from what I've been seeing most sea gods are kinda jokes now
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 03:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i've never won more than a rank 5, but i've missed one or two bonanza lol
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-16 03:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would've gotten a pair of Trotter boots, hadn't it been my mule that won 2 Rank 4 ._.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 03:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i've never won more than a rank 5, but i've missed one or two bonanza lol
I have 9 mules and do sequential numbering so I always win 9-10 rank 5s and 1 rank 4. Rank 4 is always on a mule though.

I still hate how they do it. Like the first time the way it was explained it made it sound like they picked 1 5 digit number and how many of those you got right determine if/what you won. So imagine how mad I was when I had last 4 of the rank 1 prize which until that moment I would've thought was 2nd place but ended up being nothing
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 03:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Only torque I want is love... which I managed to win for one of my mules lol. Though really from what I've been seeing most sea gods are kinda jokes now
yeah... i never really did much sea, just limbus and stuff. did some jol but those were old pop sets i wasn't around for. all i've ever done in sea was faith, love, prudence, justice, fort (only a few of each). but i have a terrible sense of direction, so it would probably be hard for me to do temperance >_>
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-16 03:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
prudence is faith though so shouldn't be too bad right? D: to get a pop at least

even then there's someone always bazaaring sea trigs (no temperance though, so chances of me getting a hope torque are pretty low)

Have any friends that can help pop/kill Temperance? :o~
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-16 03:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
yeah... i never really did much sea, just limbus and stuff. did some jol but those were old pop sets i wasn't around for. all i've ever done in sea was faith, love, prudence, justice, fort (only a few of each). but i have a terrible sense of direction, so it would probably be hard for me to do temperance >_>

ApRadar really helps for navigation if you suck at life. :D <3
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 03:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
I would've gotten a pair of Trotter boots, hadn't it been my mule that won 2 Rank 4 ._.
i'd say at least nobody camps sim anymore, but you're on odin and i'm on ramuh (populated server vs. jp server where all the jp have trotter boots), so maybe that's not the case. i got trotter boots because nobody was camping sim so we just kept going back until we didn't really need any more.

wow 9 mules D: i have only 2 active mules on my account and i almost missed this bonanza so i just had the moogle choose my numbers. moogle chosen numbers for i think 6 characters (different accounts) and only rank 5s :( do you still need level 5 to do bonanza?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 03:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

ApRadar really helps for navigation if you suck at life. :D <3
i've come to the conclusion that girls can't cook irl (but always cook in ffxi) and have no sense of direction D:

and i'll probably just follow yarly around if we ever decide to do temperance >_>
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-16 03:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i've come to the conclusion that girls can't cook irl (but always cook in ffxi) and have no sense of direction D:

and i'll probably just follow yarly around if we ever decide to do temperance >_>

I can't cook IRL or in-game! I'm a super fail girl! :O

I don't have a good sense of direction, but the maps really help(if you get the map pack one it has a lined path that tells you how to get to all the places), plus the application shows an arrow with the direction you're going, and you can overlay the map over you xi screen and make it transparent-ish. It's really handy.

But yeah, following is also a pretty good idea! Easier~ :O
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 03:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i've come to the conclusion that girls can't cook irl (but always cook in ffxi) and have no sense of direction D: and i'll probably just follow yarly around if we ever decide to do temperance >_>
I can't cook IRL or in-game! I'm a super fail girl! :O
You're cute so I'll forgive you.

But yeah I've noticed that too. I mean I don't cook much and kinda don't like to much cause I sorta view it a waste of time unless its alot at a time (plus I tend to watch tv or do stuff ig and forget about the food) and I still seem to do better than most girls I know
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-16 03:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Tarowyn, is there any test on goblin site for the +Crit% at 100-200-300% TP for Hexa?
Not that I'm aware of, crit% at various lvls for ws's is one of those things that people don't really test because it'd just be SUCH a pain in the butt to do, lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24