yeah but this isnt about acc its about finding better gear to make hexa better
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 18:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
so would stacking mods be better than using attack? nobody's really said much about attack gear.
Depends on amounts really and whm gets kinda jipped on attack gear. But yes attack gear is useful especially since the stat mods are kinda low
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 18:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said:
yeah but this isnt about acc its about finding better gear to make hexa better
Except for all we know your tests are being skewed by just happening to land more hits at one test then the other. Also if you aren't capping acc it would make your hexa better
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-02-14 18:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

that helm looks fantastic ty whoever posted that
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-02-14 18:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ok my club is 357 peacock and virtuoso im good acc wise
By Islamish 2011-02-14 18:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What stats affect crits that should be what really effects the WS right?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-14 18:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
so would stacking mods be better than using attack? nobody's really said much about attack gear.
Depends on amounts really and whm gets kinda jipped on attack gear. But yes attack gear is useful especially since the stat mods are kinda low
yeah but everyone's using like aqua rings, seems like keen ring might be better. i use virtuoso belt (only 4 att, no elemental belt) and whm haub from acp. resilient mantle can get really good, but i haven't gotten any of those mantles at all yet >_> and not really actively doing the fight to get it. there's also aesir and bellicose (i skimp on inventory space here and just use aslan).

there's backlash torque from yacumama (i use pcc, no gorget... i should probably get one though). i'd use gnadbhod's if i had it, using hachimaki. i think my blessed trousers have +3str, -2 dex. not sure on taru rse feet vs marduk. i'd also use aesir earring if i had it, saw some brutal/+2mod. i think i use ethereal + brutal (i dw next to never).
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-14 18:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather favor Dextriety over Attack, at least outside of Abyssea. The sad part with Hexa is it's a critical hit weaponskill without DEX as WS modifier.

In Abyssea, since Atmas already cover for them, you could swap some base stat gear in favor of some extra attack, but the options WHM gets are really, really poor, and compared to the more traditional options, only testing could tell if they'd actually benefit the WS or not. (Edit: even then, I still would favor a light belt for the Acc/Dmg+ and conserve TP over a Virtuoso, for example)

Outside of Abyssea it wouldn't be bad to drop some STR or MND in favor of some extra DEX to try raise your crit rate, since that's when the WS really gets high.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-14 19:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i said i didn't have a belt, and there's really not a lot of gear with large amounts of dex either.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-14 19:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I said it was an example
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-14 19:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough, but off the top of my head the only decent dex gear for hexa i can think of is rajas and gnadbhod's/voyagersallet. jupiter's ring maybe?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-14 19:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

thunder ring, Jupiter's ring, zilant ring, thundersoul ring

marine M boots (meh, -MND), goliard clogs

adroit earring, thunder earring, hollow earring, Jupiter's earring, thunder pearl, Jupiter's pearl

hoeroa +2 Dex path (ew fugly)

Idk what else, gonna give a look rq
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-14 19:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

zilant ring pretty much the same as jupiter's, and you'd use whichever of those + rajas i guess if doing the dex thing. and never noticed the dex on goliard, lol. hollow earring is still a pretty marginal dex increase, not worth it imo. a dex offhand would be at the potential loss of a lot of str and attack, and that's assuming having an offhand.

maybe it's worth it to use some dex gear, but there seems to be so little that it might be better to just use more consistent stuff.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-14 19:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, probably best to stick with base stats.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-14 19:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, I actually forgot about Maat's cap XD
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-14 19:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
or you could start here

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&races[]=2&jobs[]=8&description=DEX%2B#adv

linking doesnt work or else I'd make it clickable, scragg knows
why would i want to look ***up for making a dex build i'm not interested in testing? i know how to use the search function, but it wasn't really worth my time looking it up to confirm the fact that there was probably not a lot of dex that was really viable to put into a hexa build. and sheelay is probably using the search function.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-14 19:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We were discussing about gear options, so the fact you were replying should also imply you had some interest in what was being posted.
Josia was simply trying to add up to the research in case any of us were unaware of the search function.

Anyways, forget Rokugo Bandana and Orc helm, it's Maat cap FTW!

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-14 19:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh, that was added around the time ToMs came out, along with those other NMs that dropped the seals to augment stuff via Synery I think.
In the end, nothing special, sort of a Spike necklace + 1/2
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 19:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kick *** gear is better search anyways...
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-02-14 19:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Kick *** gear is better search anyways...
no
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-14 19:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

oh dasva's here, cool you can do all the maths and find out what we should all be hexaing in. seems to be a lot less set-in-stone than ws gear for other jobs.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 20:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
oh dasva's here, cool you can do all the maths and find out what we should all be hexaing in. seems to be a lot less set-in-stone than ws gear for other jobs.
I bet you 1000 gil you just made him smile and feel like the bat man right now lol
and I bet 5000 he wouldn't admit it : p
Naw batman gets all the cool ***.... and the hot girls. I wish I was rich and crazy.

Really though comparing att/stats is hard anyways so I'd say unless you can get significant amounts of att in a slow go with str and mnd putting str slighlty higher than mnd.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-14 20:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
You should also opt for a Brutal earring
One of the few cases where I wouldn't, actually. You get at most 1 DA with a DW Hexa, so the value of DA gear is much diminished.

That depends on whether you are playing in Abyssea with Atmas or outside of Abyssea with just gear and traditional buffs imo, not to mention the ammount of new DA gear available.
Absolute best case scenario for 5% DA (no other DA gear, no gorget/belt) is a 0.714% increase in average damage. You'd need upwards of 700 attack for even a Spike Earring to be worse. Maybe WHM attack is higher than I'm guessing, but I just don't see it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 21:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
One of the few cases where I wouldn't, actually. You get at most 1 DA with a DW Hexa, so the value of DA gear is much diminished.
That depends on whether you are playing in Abyssea with Atmas or outside of Abyssea with just gear and traditional buffs imo, not to mention the ammount of new DA gear available.
Absolute best case scenario for 5% DA (no other DA gear, no gorget/belt) is a 0.714% increase in average damage. You'd need upwards of 700 attack for even a Spike Earring to be worse. Maybe WHM attack is higher than I'm guessing, but I just don't see it.
Maybe if they sub war and eat curry buns and use att drink in abyssea
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-14 21:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Maybe if they sub war and eat curry buns and use att drink in abyssea

and have a corsair and a dark and a bard and another bard for str etudes

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 22 23 24