Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-16 03:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i've come to the conclusion that girls can't cook irl (but always cook in ffxi) and have no sense of direction D: and i'll probably just follow yarly around if we ever decide to do temperance >_>
I can't cook IRL or in-game! I'm a super fail girl! :O
You're cute so I'll forgive you.

But yeah I've noticed that too. I mean I don't cook much and kinda don't like to much cause I sorta view it a waste of time unless its alot at a time (plus I tend to watch tv or do stuff ig and forget about the food) and I still seem to do better than most girls I know

All of the guys I've ever dated have been able to cook muck better than me.... So...... Yeeeeeah.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 03:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Tarowyn, is there any test on goblin site for the +Crit% at 100-200-300% TP for Hexa?
Not that I'm aware of, crit% at various lvls for ws's is one of those things that people don't really test because it'd just be SUCH a pain in the butt to do, lol.
Wouldn't be that bad. Just test it on a crap mob. You'll cap Cratio and 1 hit will kill them. Min pdif on a crit will still be higher than max pdif without crit so if you do the math you can calculate which ones are crits and not pretty easy.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 03:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
All of the guys I've ever dated have been able to cook muck better than me.... So...... Yeeeeeah.
Yeah kinda used to it. But as long as you can nuke something or throw it in the oven maybe occasionally watch a pot/pan and stir a little it's all good. Oh and go to the kitchen to make me a sammich!
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 03:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i've come to the conclusion that girls can't cook irl (but always cook in ffxi) and have no sense of direction D: and i'll probably just follow yarly around if we ever decide to do temperance >_>
I can't cook IRL or in-game! I'm a super fail girl! :O
You're cute so I'll forgive you.

But yeah I've noticed that too. I mean I don't cook much and kinda don't like to much cause I sorta view it a waste of time unless its alot at a time (plus I tend to watch tv or do stuff ig and forget about the food) and I still seem to do better than most girls I know

wtf are they doing, cooking muck? :P
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-16 04:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Tarowyn, is there any test on goblin site for the +Crit% at 100-200-300% TP for Hexa?
Not that I'm aware of, crit% at various lvls for ws's is one of those things that people don't really test because it'd just be SUCH a pain in the butt to do, lol.
Wouldn't be that bad. Just test it on a crap mob. You'll cap Cratio and 1 hit will kill them. Min pdif on a crit will still be higher than max pdif without crit so if you do the math you can calculate which ones are crits and not pretty easy.
The test is easy, now repeat that with exactly 200 and 300% TP oh about, 1000 times to get some decent results. Makes the enmity testing look easy.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 04:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
The test is easy, now repeat that with exactly 200 and 300% TP oh about, 1000 times to get some decent results. Makes the enmity testing look easy.
Meh I'd stop at 100. It's more than enough to get a ballpark especially the way SE likes to round round numbers. Also just use martial for 300%.

Also you could try assuming that crit rate between the ws is pretty similar and just use dnc or sam to get exactly 100% tp with its moves and ***and use martial.

Much better than all that macc testing a while back... really suprised no one has done it by now
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-02-16 05:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So hey i got a question on this.. if you were to make a ACP body for whm.. (tp body) would you use the dual wield enhancement?

or for whm dd are you normally /nin or /war?

Obviously I wouldn't put dual wield on it if i was /war
I'm kinda new to whm however i wouldn't mind a capped haste/dual wield set if possible :3

hundred clubs effect sounds kinda cool

anyways what i'm really asking for is tp gear advice, and what ,if any, augments would i use on an acp body for it?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 05:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're going to /nin, what sheelay posted earlier is pretty much it. 3 pieces of blessed+1 might be hard to come by (as well as zelus tiara), though, so you might be better off using goliard.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 06:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
if you're going to /nin, what sheelay posted earlier is pretty much it. 3 pieces of blessed+1 might be hard to come by (as well as zelus tiara), though, so you might be better off using goliard.
Goading belt kinda annoying for a whm to get too. So yeah unless you can cap haste without out you better off with a haste body of some kind
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-16 06:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I put attack+ and critical rate+3% on my ACP body for WS macro and TP in Goliard.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-16 10:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
not saying nobody's trying to contribute, but annabelle brought up the dex thing again, which we just kind of dismissed earlier because there's so little of it, but hey, maybe stacking what little dex you can is better. i don't know.

The DEX thing is worth it because Hexa Strike is technically a "crit WS", similar to Raging Rush or Ascetic's Fury. Therefore, the more DEX you have, the greater chance you have to land a critical hit during the WS. Of course, DEX adds some accuracy, too.

In Abyssea, equipping DEX probably isn't worthwhile. Just use Atma of Razed Ruins and leave it at that. However, outside Abyssea, I think equipping DEX for Hexa Strike deserves consideration, along with STR/MND.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-16 10:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if you *really* wanted to go all-out with rare equipment to create a Hexa Strike build, you could aim for something like this:

(switch the position/hand of the clubs)

STR+31, DEX+28, MND+26, Accuracy+12, Attack+15, Light Belt latent effect.

A lot the gear in this set would be pretty difficult to acquire, but it could be done if you really wanted to be hardcore into Hexa Strike damage.

Probably the most important factors in a good non-Abyssea Hexa Strike don't have anything to do with gear selections, though. 1. Cap your Club Skill, and 2. Use Sole Sushi+1.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-02-16 11:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

that elana is/was exactly what i was looking for different equipment... i hadnt even heard of ramuh's mace ty
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-02-16 11:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That weapon is terrible for 90 cap.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-02-16 11:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well i dont mind trying to get something that will make a ws better also instead of saying its not good for 90 cap give some input then
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-16 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said:
well i dont mind trying to get something that will make a ws better also instead of saying its not good for 90 cap give some input then

Don't know who said this, since I must have whoever said it blocked.
But, I'll presume s/he meant Ramuh's Mace. And it's true that it's definitely not a good weapon to melee with. Its damage rating is too low to deal adequate damage, and its delay is too high to serve as a quality "off-hand" TP-building weapon.

However, this thread is about Hexa Strike. If we're strictly talking about Hexa Strike, I think the stats on Ramuh's Mace make it worthwhile in the Sub slot. If not, you could go with Perdu Wand, Dex/Accuracy augmented Hoeroa, Deae Gratia, or Purgatory Mace. Another good choice is Muse Tariqah (shield) for +7 MND, if you don't have any of the clubs I listed for the Sub slot.

[+]
 Sylph.Fugue
Server: Sylph
user: Clave
By Sylph.Fugue 2011-02-16 13:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I can't believe someone is actually suggesting Ramuh's Mace...

5 DEX isn't worth using a club with almost half he base damage it should have, even if all you did was Hexa Strike and not account for melee damage(... and why wouldn't you?).

Hexa has no DEX mod so only get the two base benefits from DEX. That is, the boosted crit chance and the accuracy. You had to dig very hard to even get +28 DEX, sacrificing some other potential damage-boosting slots. I'll also add Maat's Cap would give you more STR and DEX. While capping dDEX(caps at 50 over mob AGI) is something a lot of other melee jobs can comfortably aim for(WAR and DRG come to mind), it's a lot harder for white mage to make use of. A lot of melee gear comes with DEX. White Mage melee choices are extremely limited to begin with, and not many have DEX in conjunction with other useful stats, if they have DEX at all. Base job stats give you less DEX as well. You don't start seeing real significant benefits from dDEX until you're at least 40 above mob AGI. Within abyssea, Razed Ruins and Cruor buffs is usually enough for regular abyssea mobs. There hasn't been extensive testing on NMs, but you can probably expect similar results outside of abnormal circumstances(Psyche Drain on Ulhuadshi, etc). Outside abyssea, content has severely lagged behind and thus it's easier to make use of DEX, but it's very doubtful that it would be competitive compared with other equipment choices.

I'll also add dDEX was something people did more when all they did was fight colibri, knowing their exact AGI. It's likely that, more often than not, you'll either overshoot or undershoot DEX nowadays if you try for a specific number.

TLDR: If you can put DEX in without sacrificing much else, sure. If not, you really shouldn't, especially in your weapon slot. <_< ... Ramuh's mace, rly?

Edit: Oh, to add, Sheelay had a very good TP set earlier. It's what we're aiming to get Kyaru pretty much.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-16 14:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Fugue said:
Wow, I can't believe someone is actually suggesting Ramuh's Mace...

Also, if you're to show an item set like that, you should aim at least put them in the right slots... some people may take it exactly as you put it and choose to put the club with half the base DMG in their main slot.

When you enter Molva Maul and Ramuh's Mace into the Item Set feature here @ FFXIAH.com, it automatically puts Ramuh's Mace in the Main slot. I don't know how to reverse the placement, if it's even possible at all.
Thanks for the subtle rip aimed at me though.

Sylph.Fugue said:

Hexa has no DEX mod so only get the two base benefits from DEX. That is, the boosted crit chance and the accuracy. You had to dig very hard to even get +28 DEX, sacrificing some other potential damage-boosting slots. I'll also add Maat's Cap would give you more STR and DEX. While capping dDEX(caps at 50 over mob AGI) is something a lot of other melee jobs can comfortably aim for(WAR and DRG come to mind), it's a lot harder for white mage to make use of. A lot of melee gear comes with DEX. White Mage melee choices are extremely limited to begin with, and not many have DEX in conjunction with other useful stats, if they have DEX at all. Base job stats give you less DEX as well. You don't start seeing real significant benefits from dDEX until you're at least 40 above mob AGI. Within abyssea, Razed Ruins and Cruor buffs is usually enough for regular abyssea mobs. There hasn't been extensive testing on NMs, but you can probably expect similar results outside of abnormal circumstances(Psyche Drain on Ulhuadshi, etc). Outside abyssea, content has severely lagged behind and thus it's easier to make use of DEX, but it's very doubtful that it would be competitive compared with other equipment choices.

I'll also add dDEX was something people did more when all they did was fight colibri, knowing their exact AGI. It's likely that, more often than not, you'll either overshoot or undershoot DEX nowadays.

I'm going to disagree for two reasons.
1. It's just about as difficult to get STR for WHM equipment as it is to get DEX (with the exception of hands).
STR would be the most effective means to increase Hexa damage, since it raises fSTR and Hexa has a STR mod. However, in lieu of STR, DEX is a reasonable next-best choice to focus on, since it contributes to accuracy (important for a 6-swing WS) and increases the chance for landing critical hits during the WS. Sure, it may be a modest increase in your critical hit rate ... but we're talking about a White Mage weaponskill here ... anything we do to improve WS output is going to be modest.
2. MND is just an "ok" stat to stack for Hexa Strike. It gets a lot (probably too much) attention in standard Hexa builds, because it's easy to acquire for WHM. However, the bottom line is that a non-STR secondary mod that is only 20% is really quite marginal. Jacking up your MND for Hexa Strike (especially outside Abyssea) is not doing as much for your damage as you'd like to think it is.

Sylph.Fugue said:

TLDR: If you can put DEX in without sacrificing much else, sure. If not, you really shouldn't, especially in your weapon slot. <_< ... Ramuh's mace, rly?

Again, I said above that if we're strictly talking about Hexa Strike (and we were, @ the OP's request) then, yes, Ramuh's Mace is a good choice for Sub-weapon. I agree that it's a bad choice for general melee usage, and I stated that already (above), too. I listed other, more practical options, like Perdu Wand, augmented Hoeroa, and Deae Gratia.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-02-16 14:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

also can get 5 mnd from just the spell boost mind if you wanna drop some mind somewhere in your build

also im elvaan so i got a good bit of mind already
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-16 14:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said:
also can get 5 mnd from just the spell boost mind if you wanna drop some mind somewhere in your build

Having high base STR and MND, and low base DEX, as an Elvaan, would potentially make DEX even more important for Elvaan WHM Hexa Strikers.

Good point.
[+]
 Sylph.Fugue
Server: Sylph
user: Clave
By Sylph.Fugue 2011-02-16 15:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If what the OP wants is epeen numbers he's better off raising the max damage instead of raising the chances he'll hit a lower max amount.

If the OP doesn't care for epeen numbers it logically follows he'd want to do better overall damage and would care about his melee damage enough to not equip a weapon lacking over 30 base DMG. If not, I'll shut up so long as he explains the logic behind wanting to do more overall damage, but not at the same time.

This is of course ignoring that the 5 DEX gained from the maul is unlikely to raise your Hexa Strike damage average by a noticeable amount.

Picture is too big, so here's a link.
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091109133537/ffxi/images/e/e9/Crit%25%3Df%28dDEX%29.jpg

Alternatively, while we're suggesting equipment regardless of difficulty to obtain, use a Kraken Club offhand to maximize WS frequency(overall damage) or a Relic/Empyrean while off-handing the other, or Molva Maul(epeen choice). Don't have a relic? Main Molva Maul. Don't have a Molva Maul? Get it, it drops from an NM people spam for upgrades and empyreans, and you can usually get it from one single pop if you proc blue. I'm sorry, but I found the Ramuh's Maul suggestion too silly.

The only main issue I had w/ proposed DEX setup was the mace. Other slots don't sacrifice as much, but I'd still prefer the alternatives. As I explained in my post it's just not worth it for many reasons, especially inside abyssea. Outside, you'd have to have a specialized set for the mobs you fight at different levels in order to be efficient, and only if you can even reach that amount without accepting trade-offs.

Best case scenario, that 5 DEX will give you 5% crit rate. That's phenomenal, but only happens between 40 and 50 dDEX. Usually you'll either get 0 change or 1%.

Mobs you can use this on to your benefit are probably about or lower level than Greater Colibri outside abyssea, who have 67 AGI. And honestly you'd probably benefit more from adding STR both for mod and fSTR and/or attack and/or accuracy if you aren't acc-capped(although, you should be at lvl 90). MND only helps the mod, but as you said is easily obtainable with white mage gear.

I can't math it out right now, but I really doubt 5% increased crit rate under unlikely best-case scenario can even beat 30 whole base DMG on one of the 7 hexa hits as /nin, even undervalued when being only 1 out of 7 hits.

TLDR: Most of the time, DEX will do next to nothing for you. In situations in which is DOES, you can benefit more from fSTR and attack. Silly club is silly.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-02-16 15:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

my focus is outside abyssea, anyone can slap on atmas and go to town. i have a pic of doing 1500~ on jourmy i want that number to be higher ( obviously not on him but in general)
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-16 16:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want a DEX boost then go for a hoeroa +2 DEX ToM club.
Although hideous looking, it at least offers higher Base damage, DEX+, Acc+ than Ramuh's mace, and with a lower Delay too.

Still, it really isn't a good choice for an offhand club. It's actually really bad when you think the highest mainhand club out there has nearly twice the base damage, and what you are subbing doesn't come in with anything as good as a chance to attack multiple times.

The best offhand club would be the OaT 2-4 naboot +2, unless of course you can afford a kraken club.

Your mainhand should be the highest damage club you can get. The canne de combat +2, the +DA or OAT naboot +2, or even the Stp makhila +2 {if they'll add further trials) can be a cheap (as in free but requiring some work) solution.
The cheapest solution is vodun wand, which is effortless and can come with up to +10 DMG and +8 STR augments.

The reason I backtracked from suggesting a DEX build earlier was the fact that WHM can get even less DEX than it can get STR or MND, which at least are WS mods.

Edit: If you want to keep shooting for DEX, then Jupiter's pearl, goliard clogs, thundersoul ring, Maat's cap would be your top goals. Keep in mind you're elvaan though, so your DEX is embarassingly low..
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-16 16:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said:
my focus is outside abyssea, anyone can slap on atmas and go to town. i have a pic of doing 1500~ on jourmy i want that number to be higher ( obviously not on him but in general)
Eat more red curry buns use more berserk/soul eater
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-16 16:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1. It's just about as difficult to get STR for WHM equipment as it is to get DEX (with the exception of hands).
STR has immediate and linear benefits though, whereas the benefits of DEX are tiered, variable, and extremely marginal in pretty much any situation not involving Razed Ruins (in which case you're capped dDEX, so it's marginal ie acc only anyway) or EP- mobs (where your dDEX might actually be high enough to yield significant increases per point of DEX added). On that note, DEX arguably means even less for Elvaans since you're even less likely to have high dDEX without Razed Ruins.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-16 17:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camaroz said:

By the time we hit 99 we will have all Gain spells, so gain MND will become pointless when you can use gain STR
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 19:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
not saying nobody's trying to contribute, but annabelle brought up the dex thing again, which we just kind of dismissed earlier because there's so little of it, but hey, maybe stacking what little dex you can is better. i don't know.

The DEX thing is worth it because Hexa Strike is technically a "crit WS", similar to Raging Rush or Ascetic's Fury. Therefore, the more DEX you have, the greater chance you have to land a critical hit during the WS. Of course, DEX adds some accuracy, too.

In Abyssea, equipping DEX probably isn't worthwhile. Just use Atma of Razed Ruins and leave it at that. However, outside Abyssea, I think equipping DEX for Hexa Strike deserves consideration, along with STR/MND.
no, see, the whole reason dex was brought up was because hexa is a crit ws. but at the time you posted this nobody had said whether it was worth it to use dex over other options (mods/attack). saying dex does SOMETHING for hexa is not the same as saying it's better than other options. that was what i meant when i said that (at the time) nobody knew if dex was worth using. sheelay and i were throwing around ideas but i know at least i'm not really into the whole number crunching thing.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 19:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
STR has immediate and linear benefits though, whereas the benefits of DEX are tiered, variable, and extremely marginal in pretty much any situation not involving Razed Ruins (in which case you're capped dDEX, so it's marginal ie acc only anyway) or EP- mobs (where your dDEX might actually be high enough to yield significant increases per point of DEX added). On that note, DEX arguably means even less for Elvaans since you're even less likely to have high dDEX without Razed Ruins.
so basically don't worry about dex outside of maat's/orchat/rajas? on that note, what's the comparison between maat's and orc hat like?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24