Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22358 22359 22360 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-01 02:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Remember you said there was no cheating in 14 :)
No, I said there weren't bots doing the fights for players. Third party != bot. You said all of the hardest fights were done with bots(automated characters), and I said there's a ***ton of third party use but no bots (or automated characters).

None of these raiders winded up a bot. They basically added extra telegraphs to their side of the game, and that's essentially usually what cheating in XIV winds up being. Though sometimes there's exploits like the Pomander of Rage thing back in mid-late Heavensward.

/patpat
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-01 02:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
He just put 26.95 instead of 27.95 Kind of irrelevant.

It would be neat to see actual numbers. Especially how much they make in server jumps.

I'd also love to see how many new IDs are bought each month so people finally see they don't ban the 18x bots running around ronfaure and gustaberg. Irritating.

And how is FFXIAH supposed to deduce this information from AH sales when the gustafure bots dont use the AH? How are they supposed to deduce server jumps?

From Square, not AH
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-01 05:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Heck, even in Savage I don't do blind prog, and in the most recent tier got those nice, illegal markers for P7s. From the grapevine that disseminated them before I even knew they were illegal.

Funny thing about this particular situation. There was an official statement put out that the person who was the original source of these waymarks was reprimanded. However, the team also adjusted the arena so that these marks would no longer be illegal to be placed in pre-pull setup as the Dev team recognized the usefulness these markers had to the raid scene too.
By Pantafernando 2023-02-01 06:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He was cheating when he said that
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-01 07:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When Yoshida says that it was tested to be beaten without the use of third-party tools, I wonder how far the scope of the test went beyond people in the know of all of the encounter's mechanics.

I'm sure when the Absolute Virtue was added to XI, someone tested to make sure it could be beaten. If folks already in the know of the boss's mechanics tried fighting it with 0ms ping and top-tier gear, it might only take one or two tries. But with deeply hidden mechanics and such few opportunities to make attempts, it would be nearly impossible to figure out by the playerbase.

That said, it looks like you can just get up and try again forever without penalty (correct me if I'm wrong). And if that's the case, then no sympathy from me lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-01 08:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

When they say that, they lie. No further elaboration required.

On paper, we guess it should be possible.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-01 08:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl: "Everytime SE tells us anything, they're lying"

Also Eiryl: "SE should tell us exactly how much they make per month from wardrobe sales and server transfers"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-01 08:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. Lying about financials is a whole lot different than lying about their non existent process.

They lie about the STF. They lie about the GMs. They lie about the staff. They lie about testing. They lie about everything else. So lie about the financials, too. I wanna see what they'll say. So I can point to it and call ***.

They won't be able to make it obvious or even the dumbest people will know. So we'll have an idea of what it is really.

Lying about testing is yes/no. Lying about a number isn't.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-02-01 09:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I'm sure when the Absolute Virtue was added to XI, someone tested to make sure it could be beaten.

https://twinfinite.net/2020/04/final-fantasy-xi-interview/

Quote:
Absolute Virtue was created based on a request from Tanaka-san to create an enemy that could be defeated in theory but not in actuality. All our other monsters that were really, really hard but not invincible, were always obliterated the moment they were released. In that respect, Absolute Virtue was the exception. I certainly didn’t enjoy watching players suffer through it!

I'm wondering if this may be a mistranslation though, because they did post that video of them beating it. The idea may be that the mechanics were so obscure they didn't expect the player base to beat it, so it could be beaten in theory but we'd never figure out the mechanics.

Either way, they knew it was beatable based on that video, but probably also knew that the obscure mechanics would never be discovered.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-01 09:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They knew it was beatable based on the video mob being altered to be beatable and different from the release.

And they did enjoy watching you suffer, that's an absolute lie.

AND, "It's beatable in theory" is the "testing process" for everything. That's not unique to AV.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-02-01 10:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lost power about 2 hours ago, this is the one thing I hate about living in Texas. These people just cannot do winter. A little bit of freezing rain and it's the apocalypse. In Chicago, parents are telling their kids to walk to the bus stop. In Austin, schools are closed.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-01 10:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
And they did enjoy watching you suffer
Part of me wonders if their small drops of information was just to reinvigorate the community's attempts so they could suffer more lol

"Ah man, they're giving up."
"Quick, give them a teaspoon of information to give them just enough hope to try and fail a few more times! Tee-hee!"

"Now they're winning by using in-game mechanics in ways we weren't expecting!"
"No, no! That's too much joy. Ban those people and tell everyone else to do it properly!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-01 10:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Lost power about 2 hours ago, this is the one thing I hate about living in Texas. These people just cannot do winter. A little bit of freezing rain and it's the apocalypse. In Chicago, parents are telling their kids to walk to the bus stop. In Austin, schools are closed.

heh, and if Austin is anything like the Chapel Hill, NC I knew 10yrs ago when I lived there- those schools probably closed the night before due to "forecasted inclement weather" ^^

When I discovered the county I grew up in back in Ohio owned more snowplows than the entire state of North Carolina in 2008, and its not like I grew up in Cincinnati or Cleveland, I kinda figured it out ;)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-01 10:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

To design for every possible kind of natural event would be extremely expensive, which is why every little area compiles all sorts of climatic data. The more precise, the better. It wouldn't make sense for a building in my area to be constructed with earthquake-resistant shearwalls or hurricane-resistant tie-downs.

Unfortunately, occurrences that would otherwise rarely or never happen are happening with greater frequency.

Even in my hometown a few years ago. Our infrastructure is designed for an expected "once every 50 years" maximum of about 30 pounds per square foot of snow loading, because our weather is typically so cold that most of the snow is light and fluffy and blows off of structures. But lately we've been having warm weather coupled with big storm systems that've been dropping 3 feet of fully-saturated, sticky snow, which is closer to about 60 psf. We've been having to spend millions of dollars every year just to fix the damage, and engineers are having to hastily re-evaluate our climatic data. I'm sure Texas is already doing the same.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-01 10:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Another clear in mutually assured destruction fashion. Community is tepid though since this is the group that got world first last Ultimate with some tools as well.

When Yoshida says that it was tested to be beaten without the use of third-party tools, I wonder how far the scope of the test went beyond people in the know of all of the encounter's mechanics.

What is know is that the testers do test the mechanics by playing them, but they do use GM invulnerability for the first bit of testing too then do it without afterwards. They have also gone on record in the past indicating that they know their testers don't play as well as the world first raider. With that being said there was an amusing patch for the latest Savage tier where they had to reduce the max HP of the final boss by 1% because the play testers played "too well" and thus the fight was overtuned, lol.

That said, it looks like you can just get up and try again forever without penalty (correct me if I'm wrong). And if that's the case, then no sympathy from me lol

Yep, time is the limitation. No pop items or entry items needed. Just keep smashing your head against the wall until you break it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-01 11:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

>"coal power plants am bad, save the planet!" >_<
>"nuclear power am bad, I saw a tv show where one exploded once!" >_<
>"fracking am bad, save the planet!" >_<
>"I support Ukraine!!!!(even though russia supply most power to western nations and people are literally freezing and facing massive fuel bills and blackouts) "yay yellow/blue flag on my twitter bio tho!!"
>"Greta nofunbarg on TV" TRU SISTA, SLAY QUEEN!"

"wtf bro! why can't I use my Alienware $3500 PC with meme lights, RTX 3090, 20 fans and 6 screen monitor to play minecraft rite now? Wtf is this BS?! I had to watch a series of STDiscovery on my 45 inch LCD screen too! My life is ruined"

I dunno how this stuff is happening, it's kind of crazy really. Maybe aliens, or Atlantis staling all the gigawatts.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-01 13:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The Texas power grid is isolated from the American power grids.

This is so Texas's energy providers do not have to meet federal standards which include winterization standards among others.

Has Ted left for Cancun yet?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-01 15:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda hearsay-ish, but the JP players who cheated are apparently are quitting or being pressured to delete and stop playing.

JP culture really scares me at times. I know it's different cultural beast but that feels like it's going too far. Some of the comments indicate witch hunting and doxxing.

I feel like I recall hearing things about JP black and white lists now for parties in both XI and XIV and this feels like it's just part of that culture.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-02-01 15:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
I feel like I recall hearing things about JP black and white lists now for parties in both XI and XIV and this feels like it's just part of that culture.
I know of plenty of NA Linkshell and group Discords that have Blacklists also, that part isn't just a cultural thing. Most of the players who make it onto these lists are there simply because they are bad, but some NA players absolutely avoid playing with others who may use tools that they don't agree with.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-01 15:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Whole *** leather massage chair brand new on sale for 399.......compelling
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-01 16:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Even in my hometown a few years ago. Our infrastructure is designed for an expected "once every 50 years" maximum of about 30 pounds per square foot of snow loading, because our weather is typically so cold that most of the snow is light and fluffy and blows off of structures.
Either NWT or MB.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-01 16:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also XI is gonna outlast XIV because some JP group got caught cheating lol
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-01 16:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

XIV shutting down because of "cheats" and XI keep on chugging on would be the most ironic thing ever, to be fair.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-01 17:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
I know of plenty of NA Linkshell and group Discords that have Blacklists also, that part isn't just a cultural thing. Most of the players who make it onto these lists are there simply because they are bad, but some NA players absolutely avoid playing with others who may use tools that they don't agree with.

Oh yeah, that's true. But my understanding of JP white and black lists are like... nation wide.. not just within a LS or Discord Server or a singular game server. If you're on that blacklist, you aren't going anywhere fast in anything no matter where you transfer too. I guess you could name change at that point but yeah.
By Thunderjet 2023-02-01 18:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

https://youtube.com/shorts/lVvZl5t_Cts?feature=share
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-01 18:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
No, I said there weren't bots doing the fights for players. Third party != bot. You said all of the hardest fights were done with bots(automated characters), and I said there's a ***ton of third party use but no bots (or automated characters).

None of these raiders winded up a bot. They basically added extra telegraphs to their side of the game, and that's essentially usually what cheating in XIV winds up being. Though sometimes there's exploits like the Pomander of Rage thing back in mid-late Heavensward.

/patpat

I didn't say all of them, I said theres bots that automate movement to avoid the mechanics and that is true still. There are automated characters... you can find any of those tools thru a simple google search lol. That isn't the only things available either, they have way more advanced bots for that game than most of the XI stuff.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-01 22:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back a couple of pages to the discussion on AI. Has anyone else ever heard of "Nothing, Forever"? It's... weirdly enthralling. The random laugh tracks, awkward delivery, and chat reactions combine to make it sort of funny.

It's a continuously-generated show that's loosely based on Seinfeld.

Words can't do it justice.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-01 23:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back a couple of pages to the discussion on AI. Has anyone else ever heard of "Nothing, Forever"? It's... weirdly enthralling. The random laugh tracks, awkward delivery, and chat reactions combine to make it sort of funny.

It's a continuously-generated show that's loosely based on Seinfeld.

Words can't do it justice.

I couldn't do more than 5 minutes knowing it was AI. Just creeps me out. Even knowing it's AI-generated it's still cringe-inducing.

Definitely doesn't pass the Turing test, not that it was intended to, but there's this weird area where AI encroaches upon classically human things and when it doesn't pull it off, gives me hardcore uncanny valley vibes.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-02 00:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did... Did you just report yourself for spam? o.O My word man, what are you drinking?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-02-02 00:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me some of that too
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22358 22359 22360 ... 22553 22554 22555