First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-05 20:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Sylph.Gredival said:
Two sides to every coin. I spent 15M crafting my -1. After Abyssea tanked the Angel Skins I routinely see the -1's in bazaars for 200k...

I got lucky for that part, i got able to sell it back for 12m. But what i was pointing is how much time i lost doing HNM 12~16h/day for so long and for nothing, not even got a dumb drop like pixie earring.

Quote:
I really can't see how shadow belt could win unless you are capping Cratio.

+.1 ftp is adding like 1.6% dmg to eviscertaion. To put it in perspective 7-8 dex would add just as much in abyssea. Att is harder to compare but 20 att should beat the crap out of that barring capped Cratio

Idk Dasva, i did 20 WS with shadow belt and 20 with Anguinus Belt, and shadow ended to win every time by 400+ dmg. I was sad too because that Anguinus Belt was not easy to get.

The 20 WS got done on Colibri / Colibri NM in Abyssea - Misareaux, maybe the extra dmg from piercing give better result on shadow belt, idk. I gonna do more test tonight with other mob/nm and see.
It could just be that you were getting lucky with crits on the shadow belt WSs, but I cannot say for sure. 400 damage sounds like a huge difference, compared to what it should be.

My evis have a huge range from 1k-4.5k in abys, depending on how many hits land, multi attacks, and crits. Your testing could easily be thrown off by that variance, unless you are testing with a sample size of several thousand weaponskills.
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-05 20:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said:
GH is fine if you're tanking but in a situation where DD can share hate I personally think AO is better for DPS. Same goes for Savior.

Totally agree with that, just in my case often i end to be the only tank for everything, our group is very small, we have max 12 player when we lucky, often is 6 man pt that have to cover brd,blu,blm,tank,healer.

we did success Azdaja at 6, but ya, i don't think i have to explain the pain of it, that nm no matter my HP setup, eva setup ect, THF end to fail again this guy. No need to add up we ended to just brew him for the last 18x Coin of Wieldance. Only see Savior that could make these NM more easy to low man.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 20:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've read and seen I'd imagine future fabulous generally better defensive atma for tanking than savoir
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
By Siren.Ilax 2011-02-05 20:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
My evis have a huge range from 1k-4.5k in abys, depending on how many hits land, multi attacks, and crits. Your testing could easily be thrown off by that variance, unless you are testing with a sample size of several thousand weaponskills.

Can be that yes, i mean lolibri in Misareaux are very low level too compare other zone, maybe it was bc of crits. For sure i need test it more.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 20:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ilax said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Can be that yes, i mean lolibri in Misareaux are very low level too compare other zone, maybe it was bc of crits. For sure i need test it more.
Also if you missed it could be misses or triple/double attack procs etc. 400 dmg is way too big a variance for that belt even if you are comparing it to an empty slot unless you are brewing... and even then probably not. For it to average 400 dmg more than an empty slot your dmg before the belt would have to be near 24k
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-05 20:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
From what I've read and seen I'd imagine future fabulous generally better defensive atma for tanking than savoir

I did not read anything about it yet outside a lots saying how hard that would be to get it, that also not even true. Some atma are just pain to get like the one from Apademak and Pantokrator.

But ya i am surprise you say this, don't savoir is +50 all stats including resist and Occasionally absorb dmg (mean phisical/Magic) @ 10% I mean i can't see how +50mnd/+50vit/+50str(=+25attack)/+50agi could be that sad compare other atma, maybe i miss some good atma that could do better. (note i am talking as THF not pld, maybe for pld something end to be better idk)
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-05 20:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Siren.Ilax said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Also if you missed it could be misses or triple/double attack procs etc. 400 dmg is way too big a variance for that belt even if you are comparing it to an empty slot unless you are brewing... and even then probably not. For it to average 400 dmg more than an empty slot your dmg before the belt would have to be near 24k

I know is just weird, and that belt is also +15 attack/+15 acc, the miss scenario is also not really explainable. (400 dmg over 5.5k evis is only 7% dmg difference) i mean that always depend what number you compare too. but yes even 7% is higher then the 1.6% that belt should give max, so i really don't know, have to be more then only that, like you say maybe i got just lucky with Crit ect.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 20:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I did not read anything about it yet outside a lots saying how hard that would be to get it, that also not even true. Some atma are just pain to get like the one from Apademak and Pantokrator.

But ya i am surprise you say this, don't savoir is +50 all stats including resist and Occasionally absorb dmg (mean phisical/Magic) @ 10% I mean i can't see how +50mnd/+50vit/+50str(=+25attack)/+50agi could be that sad compare other atma, maybe i miss some good atma that could do better. (note i am talking as THF not pld, maybe for pld something end to be better idk)
It's +30 and only to base stats not resist unfortunately. Supposedly the absorb rate is like 15-20% from what I've heard. But generally the only time you really need to worry about defense outside of evading on thf is big magical moves and Future fab supposedly does alot to minimize though you could use both I suppose.

I would like to see a pld in full af3+2 and savoir and aquatic ardor I think and some other absorb dmg one. Should be able to get your absorb rate decently over 50% lol
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-05 20:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The best tanking atma for Azdaja would be Winged gloom, but it's useless atm.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 20:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Siren.Ilax said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
I know is just weird, and that belt is also +15 attack/+15 acc, the miss scenario is also not really explainable.
On average no but over a short amount of testing random miss rate could do that. But yeah shadow belt has less acc so it can't be winning on average because of uncapped acc

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 20:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
aquatic ardor
I heard that atma is 3%, true?
No idea haven't really tested it. It's definitely not a high amount by any stretch of the imagination. That reminds me I should start testing it soon...
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-05 20:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

50% absorb rate would essentially make you invincible...I'd like to see that.
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2011-02-05 20:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

It's +30 and only to base stats not resist unfortunately. Supposedly the absorb rate is like 15-20% from what I've heard. But generally the only time you really need to worry about defense outside of evading on thf is big magical moves and Future fab supposedly does alot to minimize though you could use both I suppose.

I would like to see a pld in full af3+2 and savoir and aquatic ardor I think and some other absorb dmg one. Should be able to get your absorb rate decently over 50% lol

Only +30 >< oh wow you just blowed my bubble :( was thinkign since is superior it would be +50..

Well ya, now i am guessing that atma only gonna help pld more then anything. And so sad that not apply to resist.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 20:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
50% absorb rate would essentially make you invincible...I'd like to see that.
Well outside of bad luck on proc rate and being one shotted. But a pld with ochain with some mdt/mdb and such should lower individual hit dmg that the proc rate should average out before it kills you
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-05 20:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ochain PLD with Savior/Demonic Lash/AF3+2.
>_>;
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 20:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Ochain PLD with Savior/Demonic Lash/AF3+2.
>_>;
And almace so they can actually keep hate!
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-05 20:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

orz, maybe i should give back more love to my pld ><
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-05 20:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol.
I still think Azdaja's own atma (Winged Gloom - constant DoT, -30% DT) would be the best against himself.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-05 20:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Lol. I still think Azdaja's own atma (Winged Gloom - constant DoT, -30% DT) would be the best against himself.
Until he dispels it :(. Also constant -30hp/tic is kinda painful lol.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-05 20:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

he wont if you tank him from behind, and flail is just a bit more dmg but no sleepga.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-05 20:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

wait, what? no sleepga if he's in flail mode?
I only fought azdaja once, but his damage was ***compared to Dragua/Isgebind.
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2011-02-05 21:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
wait, what? no sleepga if he's in flail mode?
I only fought azdaja once, but his damage was ***compared to Dragua/Isgebind.

Cyclone Wing - Deals 30' AoE darkness damage. Additional effect: Sleep.

That move is pain.

Tank him from behind and only deal with Spike Flail, he do nothing else.

Spike Flail - Deals extreme damage in a threefold attack to targets behind the user.

Can be block 100% with 3 shadow up, trust me is less annoying then be sleep with Cyclone Wing + loose your atma, cruor buff hehe.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-05 21:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

well, yeah, his sleep tp move was a pain, but his damage dealt wasn't comparable to dragua's or isgebind's....
sounds like NIN is the best tank for this, in a similar way to Alfard.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-02-05 21:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
well, yeah, his sleep tp move was a pain, but his damage dealt wasn't comparable to dragua's or isgebind's....
sounds like NIN is the best tank for this, in a similar way to Alfard.
idk ive tanked him multiple times on MNK from the front
real pushover really, 4 pops other day only took atmas once