Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-04 16:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Not everyone uses spellcast.

You don't need spellcast, you don't even need windower. Just have two separate macros. One for precast, the other for mid cast.

Quote:

They can and still run out. I have seen WHMs run out of MP when only curing 4 or 5 people time and time again. This is with MM, some 5 a tic atma, and lol/rdm.

In my experience, you only run out of mp if you start spamming cure6. Properly geared and buffed, a whm should be able to spam cure4 indefinitely. You would have to ride your cure5 timer for a -long- period of time for you to run out of MP.

Quote:
Most WHMs do not have more than two refresh atmas, and that is hoping one of them is MM.

Excuse me but wut.

Quote:

I love this 'I am the most important everyone spam cure on me' ***. The night the cap going up was announced I was talking to a monk who just got a mecurial pole and planned on going /drk to SE zerg cerb. I found it completely stupid, but they said they were going to dual box a whm with benediction and others will cure them. It seems like everyone just wants the spot light to go do the most damage and get their epeen stroked. Of course no one wants to take care of attention *** DDs like you people, so you dual box a WHM because you have little of that mentioned faith in your healers.

After reading that a few times and trying to figure out what's the point of posting that, I came to the conclusion that it's simply a personal problem you have.

If I simply wanted to brag, trust me, there are many things I can say. I've seen large linkshells with multiple relics/emp weapons wipe to something I can lowman.

And of course everyone wants the 'spot light'. Everyone wants to top the parse, everyone wants to be able to say they've done things others can't. Just imagine how giddy the first people with the AV title were. You can call them attention *** or whatnot, I'll call them people with meanful accomplishments within the boundaries of this game.

And I only chose the IG example because it's the only thing in the game that can deal damage consistently on a regular basis. Triturator when you can't proc red fast enough and the fight drag on aside, they're all jokes and nothing to be proud of.

PS. It's foolish for you to assume anything about my LS and the people I surround myself with. I lead my LS, if I want 4 WHMs doing nothing but spam curing me, that will happen. I choose only to use my dual box WHM because for most cases, it's more than enough.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-04 16:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Humility
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-04 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said:
I acknowledged the higher damage cap idea, but well, i thought epeen was a thing of the past.

The key element to balance fSTR is the number of hits/ftp. 2H weapons sit at 1-4 hits, and dagger bread and butter has 5-6. So the same concept can be applied: even tho we cap fSTR sooner we have more oportunities to use its bonus.

What makes ukkos monstrous is not only its mods (and 2h formulas), but also that a war won't need any dex to boost his crit hit rate inside abyssea. Instead they can worry about str only or even add some stp to fix lower xhit builds.

All these crit ws should decrease in performance quite a bit against a high lvl outside targets. All but CDC probably lol (certainly to a smaller degree that is). Since its dex mod is synergic with crit rate.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-04 16:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Humility

Wut?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 17:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I know a few healers with no refresh atmas...

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2011-02-04 17:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wheres the TH though?!
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-04 17:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:
Most WHMs do not have more than two refresh atmas, and that is hoping one of them is MM.

Excuse me but wut.

You are excused.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
And of course some people want the 'spot light'. Some people want to top the parse, most people want to be able to say they've done things others can't. Just imagine how giddy the first people with the AV title were. You can call them attention *** or whatnot, I'll call them people with meanful accomplishments within the boundaries of this game.

Ftfy, and the first people to get the AV title were the ones that got banned correct? Invincible PLD goes into a CS or the wall glitch? Yeah they accomplished so much.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
PS. It's foolish for you to assume anything about my LS and the people I surround myself with. I lead my LS, if I want 4 WHMs doing nothing but spam curing me, that will happen. I choose only to use my dual box WHM because for most cases, it's more than enough.

Yeah and linkshell leaders like you are called arrogant ***.

The faith in your healers still stands regardless of what you just said about choosing your dualo box WHM because it still should not be needed by your logic.

And what qualifies you, from Pandy, to even have an opinion of what kind of person/leader Ihina is?
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-04 17:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kingx said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:
shaula is a joke, i like to play with Hedjedjet :3
on duo you can do it?:3 <HellScissor> NP I can Oneshot!

yes, yes i can
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-04 17:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Ftfy, and the first people to get the AV title were the ones that got banned correct? Invincible PLD goes into a CS or the wall glitch? Yeah they accomplished so much.

The first people on my server did it at 75, before Odin/Alexander, sending in 3 PLD/NINs to straight tank it. This was well, well, well before people started drk zerging it.

Quote:

Yeah and linkshell leaders like you are called arrogant ***.

The faith in your healers still stands regardless of what you just said about choosing your dualo box WHM because it still should not be needed by your logic.

You're talking to someone who sometimes goes a week without lotting a single thing whereas I make sure everyone in my shell gets at least something, weapon or completing a +2 item, every other day.

You say all this, but what's the alternative. I have the best geared WHM in my linkshell, can perform my job very well, and all but one of my WHMs have better jobs to go on. So if it was up to you, what would you do? Tell my WARs and NINs to go WHM when I am more than capable of handling nearly every mob on my own? Or would it be wiser to send my WARs and NINs with their own WHM to ready more pops so that we, as a linkshell, obtain more weapons/+2 items more quickly?

So tell me. You, who don't have a job over 75. Tell me, someone who's once pumped out 8 +2 pieces in a single day, how should I run my linkshell.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-04 17:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

All the bolded means is Ihina leads. Not that particular situation happens often. You have never played with this person, so your opinion means nothing.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-04 17:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, whiteknight... just another overused meme.

Try something original.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-04 18:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You said the first people to do it. This is not about your server. The first people to do AV did the wall glitch and the PLD 2 hours and goes into a CS while AV beats on them. Long long before DRK zerging or probably even before those people on your server. Considering CSs have not worked like that in awhile I am saying it is a safe bet.

Lets argue technicalities and ignore the main point.

And you can call me arrogant if you want to, but arrogance is just another form of confidence, taken to the extreme.

Though, unless I'm mistaken, and I do believe I'm not, you're simply looking for ways to flame me by throwing as many negative terms at me as possible. I think conversation as taken a turn towards childishness. So, if you don't have anything else to say besides calling me arrogant, let's end this.

PS. White knight means when a random guy on the internet defends a random girl on the internet who's getting flamed by multiple people. Hence, it's not applicable in this situation; myself, being a guy, and you, being one person. You should really know these terms before you use them.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-04 18:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Meh, whiteknight... just another overused meme. Try something original.
I can try something original when you try sucking less genitalia.

I like playing with female genitalia. Or, were you trying to call me a homosexual? Oh, you! Try not being a stupid douche sometime. Actually a good feeling!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-04 18:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:

You said the first people to do it. This is not about your server. The first people to do AV did the wall glitch and the PLD 2 hours and goes into a CS while AV beats on them. Long long before DRK zerging or probably even before those people on your server. Considering CSs have not worked like that in awhile I am saying it is a safe bet.

Lets argue technicalities and ignore the main point.

And you can call me arrogant if you want to, but arrogance is just another form of confidence, taken to the extreme.

Though, unless I'm mistaken, and I do believe I'm not, you're simply looking for ways to flame me by throwing as many negative terms at me as possible. I think conversation as taken a turn towards childishness. So, if you don't have anything else to say besides calling me arrogant, let's end this.

PS. White knight means when a random guy on the internet defends a random girl on the internet who's getting flamed by multiple people. Hence, it's not applicable in this situation; myself, being a guy, and you, being one person. You should really know these terms before you use them.

Humility.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-04 18:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Well allow me to charity.

What I mean is you shouldn't forfeit the most useful stat for a lesser stat for any situation.

For instance, whenever I cast shadows, I start the cast in as much fast cast gear as I possibly can, then midcast, switch to a haste > fast cast > evasion gear set where haste is maxed out.

Not everyone uses spellcast.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
I don't know how confident you are in your WHMs, but do consider simply going full DD gear/atma. Mobs these days really aren't as bad as most people think. Getting hit for 300-400 is nothing when you have 2500hp and cure5 cures for 1100-1200(+275 to +300 cureskin), your mages have near limitless mp and hate is almost never an issue.

They can and still run out. I have seen WHMs run out of MP when only curing 4 or 5 people time and time again. This is with MM, some 5 a tic atma, and lol/rdm. Most WHMs do not have more than two refresh atmas, and that is hoping one of them is MM.

Bismarck.Ihina said:
For example, when I fight iron giants, I straight tank them on my thf with no shadows with my dual box WHM spam curing me the whole time. Those things simply don't miss. Even in instances of hate reset(hello ballistic kick), it doesn't take more than a WS and a few swings to get hate back. That's simply how much the game has changed and more people need to catch on to it.

I love this 'I am the most important everyone spam cure on me' ***. The night the cap going up was announced I was talking to a monk who just got a mecurial pole and planned on going /drk to SE zerg cerb. I found it completely stupid, but they said they were going to dual box a whm with benediction and others will cure them. It seems like everyone just wants the spot light to go do the most damage and get their epeen stroked. Of course no one wants to take care of attention *** DDs like you people, so you dual box a WHM because you have little of that mentioned faith in your healers.

you call everyone else an idiot, but you don't know that you don't need spellcast to do something as simple as starting cast in one gearset and ending it in another?

you say your whms run out of mp because they're curing 4 or 5 people. you don't usually need that many people fulltime on a mob, unless you're talking xp, in which case mobs should be dying faster.

and do you think he should NOT cure himself when he's tanking a mob? seriously, he says he cures himself and you act like he yells at everyone else to cure his ***. like he's supposed to say "hey guys, i want everyone else to do more work because I HAVE FAITH IN YOUR HEALING PROWESS"

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-04 18:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

All I am saying is, in the sentence you are getting your "Arrogant" comment from, all Ihina was saying is he leads his linkshell. He doesn't just log on like "Hai Gais! Whatcha wanna do today?!"

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-04 18:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
you call everyone else an idiot, but you don't know that you don't need spellcast to do something as simple as starting cast in one gearset and ending it in another?

Rather annoying to do for Ni, and human error factors in. If you only use shadows for 5% of the content in this game and do not care about how much damage you take because if you want four WHMs healing you then it will happen ( :P ). Then yes, it sounds good to do because you will not be sick and tired of it from not having to use it on 95% of those mobs. As for Ichi yeah, it is easy. Unless you use apoc and 10% of the time it will not work due to quick magic.

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
you say your whms run out of mp because they're curing 4 or 5 people.

Nope, never mentioned the tier cures being used and I do not run a LS so they are not my WHMs.

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
and do you think he should NOT cure himself when he's tanking a mob? seriously, he says he cures himself and you act like he yells at everyone else to cure his ***. like he's supposed to say "hey guys, i want everyone else to do more work because I HAVE FAITH IN YOUR HEALING PROWESS"

Hey, according to him that is how this game is now and people need to realize it. So taking damage does not matter because you just have your healers cure you.

your reading comprehension is terrible.

Post deleted by User.