Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Best NIN Sets
Best NIN Sets
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 02:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

already missing 2% haste (1.x whatever) and using iga body over af1(+1), so i don't think it should be a problem. if it is, then i dunno. D: maybe goading belt? >_>
 Caitsith.Pewpew
Server: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Pewpew 2011-01-29 03:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the spellcast that you use for ninja kyahan?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-29 04:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
af3+2 legs help too

edit: whm af3 that is

Oya. Good catch.
Missed this earlier but yeah, af3+2 legs don't do anything if the target is unhurt! Went and did the math on it, I guess it's supportable with full refresh atmas. I don't think I'd ever do it personally but it works for you so that's cool.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 04:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

still helps with mp overall unless nobody ever takes damage, so it's still not totally irrelevant. but point taken.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-29 05:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, obviously it helps with mp, was more directed towards the whole, full time cureskinning people which will involve some amount of healing unhurt people in almost all cases, hehe.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-01 11:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Some fairly situational stuff here, but for a max damage build inside Abyssea it's about right.

I had a few questions about this set:

Why exactly is iga ningi +2 better than Loki's kaftan if Crit Hit Rate is capped and Crit DMG is not?

Why warwolf belt over Twilight belt's double attack?
How does thunder belt stack against both of these?
What about anguinus belt?

I keep getting confused, it seems like I was reading in many places over the past couple months that STR/DEX is not offering as much or is not nearly as valuable inside Abyssea because of all the DEX from RR and the STR from VV (prio to AoA) or STR/DEX from enhancements with merit abyssites. I thought I had been reading you should focus on Attack on WS for this reason but now I see much more STR/DEX DEX/AGI for Jin/Hi WS sets.

Lastly, if you don't have Byakko's haidate or usukane hizayoroi, what's a decent substitute? Seems like I can't find any unless it's some really time consuming old content piece =\

Thanks in advance for any help/advice anyone can offer :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-01 12:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Why exactly is iga ningi +2 better than Loki's kaftan if Crit Hit Rate is capped and Crit DMG is not?
Capped critrate is only going to come about via certain means:

1) Champion's Drink, in which case you're probably also using Stalwart's. Loki's is superior because Iga +2 is only adding WSC.
2) 3x crit atmas (say, RR/GH/DD). Personally, I don't use such a setup. However, in such a situation Iga would still win as long as the 23 attack is relevant.
3) Innin. Personally, I don't get too much benefit out of this. I'm either cotanking with Yonin, solo DDing, or the mob spins like a top. On the rare occasions I could get full use out of it, it's almost not worth doing so because the NM dies in less than a minute. However, again, as long as the attack is relevant Iga will win.

Quote:
Why warwolf belt over Twilight belt's double attack?
RR/GH/Apoc with NIN/WAR, Atheling Mantle, Brutal Earring, and Epona's Ring is a lot of multihit rounds. 2% more doesn't add much, and Warwolf Belt should be adding at least 3 WSC along with possibly 2.5 attack (small, but a factor).
Quote:
How does thunder belt stack against both of these?
What about anguinus belt?
Thunder Belt is a bit worse than Warwolf (blame DA/TA jacking up the effective fTP), Anguinus Belt is a sidegrade with uncapped pDIF. If accuracy is uncapped, it'll be best. Will probably swap that in to the sample set.

Quote:
I keep getting confused, it seems like I was reading in many places over the past couple months that STR/DEX is not offering as much or is not nearly as valuable inside Abyssea because of all the DEX from RR and the STR from VV (prio to AoA) or STR/DEX from enhancements with merit abyssites. I thought I had been reading you should focus on Attack on WS for this reason but now I see much more STR/DEX DEX/AGI for Jin/Hi WS sets.
It's best to have a balance of both, unless you're capping pDIF. Just depends on how much you can get in each slot.

Quote:
Lastly, if you don't have Byakko's haidate or usukane hizayoroi, what's a decent substitute? Seems like I can't find any unless it's some really time consuming old content piece =\
tumbler trunks would be the way to go. On that note, probably should have put Usu legs in that set but I may have been considering hitrate with that decision (lol).
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-01 12:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I had been reading crit rate caps @ 50% has that been proven wrong?

I thought for a while people were on the fence about this due to not understanding how much crit rate a particular atma was yielding but then I thought it was said that it did in fact cap @ 50%.

I like you will not be getting many chances to use Innin, don't use 3x crit atmas and don't want to rely on Champ drink 24x7 I thought I was hitting crit rate cap and crit dmg cap with just RR/GH Loki, Iga Neck, Ammo, Kamome but I guess not ><

Thanks for the info I'm going to go get me some Tumbler Trunks :)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-01 12:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Definitely wrong, cap on critrate appears to be 95%. For a while it was thought that critrate from atmas capped at 50% but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

EDIT: On the note of Tumbler Trunks, if you decide to kill the NM for them you might want to pop a Doom Screen at ~40% HP and just blitz the rest of his HP. *** gets really fast and accurate at low HP, which can lead to everyone getting doomed.
 Siren.Mallicard
Server: Siren
user: Mallicard
By Siren.Mallicard 2011-02-01 12:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit damage + is capped at 50%, hence why SS is only good for HP and enmity.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 12:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Definitely wrong, cap on critrate appears to be 95%. For a while it was thought that critrate from atmas capped at 50% but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
Yeah I can vouch for this. Put on RR, GH, and DD with no +crit rate gear and you will still have to actually look for non crits.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-01 12:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks all :)
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-02-01 12:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Isn't the issue that a lot of TP moves are too fast to able to macro it in time unless you're just oneventing it, lol.

Never ever seen a magical TP move go off in less than 2-3 seconds. Plenty of time to press a macro unless you derp it and put the macro in some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE place.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 12:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Isn't the issue that a lot of TP moves are too fast to able to macro it in time unless you're just oneventing it, lol.
Never ever seen a magical TP move go off in less than 2-3 seconds. Plenty of time to press a macro unless you derp it and put the macro in some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE place.
Idk sometimes it takes a bit for maccro pallete to load up sometimes a really long time or I have to hit ctrl/alt again. It's weird. Plus not all of us hover over it. Also 2-3 sec is a decent exaggeration for alot of moves

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-02-01 12:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

G15 keyboard FTMFW!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-01 13:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
eyeball
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 13:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'd eyeball my crit rate with just GH and RR (which are up 95% of the time I'm on blu or thf) to be ~75% and I'd eyeball my crit rate increasing noticably when I add Dark depths. Seriously I've fought nms where I critted every hit I didn't miss lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-01 13:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT using a parser is hard.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-01 13:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
eyeball
Do you have empirical evidence to back up what you say too?
Info was from Kirschy and a couple other people on BG iirc, I'll try to find it. Would post Chloris logs but I hate hate some of the time.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 13:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason parser isn't working so I'll just count things up but here just went into abyssea on blu...

I had 137 crits and 6 non crits. Make of that what you will but definitely higher than 80%
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-01 13:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty well known, razed ruins, Dark depths, gnarled horn puts you at 94% put on some crit+ gear and you'll hard cap at 95.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-02-01 13:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

95.804195~% to be exact

137 crits out of 143 total hits*
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-01 14:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
95.804195~% to be exact

137 crits out of 143 total hits*
Which isn't necessarily the exact value at all, especially with a sample size that low.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/100567-Atma-Effects-amp-Discussion?p=4293476&viewfull=1#post4293476

info I mentioned is there-ish, some older posts too but you get the point.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 14:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know the sample size is low for an exact amount but I didn't want to burn much abyssea time/mid way thru I found out parser wasn't working and didn't want to count 1000 instances.

It is however more than big enough to disprove 80%
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-01 14:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh I know the sample size is low for an exact amount but I didn't want to burn much abyssea time/mid way thru I found out parser wasn't working and didn't want to count 1000 instances.

It is however more than big enough to disprove 80%
Not criticizing your post, you didn't claim an exact value.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 14:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Again the eevee confused me. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Seriously half the time I think it's niniann posting

Post deleted by User.