Excuses for sucking.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-29 01:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Isn't the issue that a lot of TP moves are too fast to able to macro it in time unless you're just oneventing it, lol.

If your WHMs don't suck they should be keeping cureskin on you fulltime anyway, so those particular TP moves shouldn't really be hurting you. :/
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-29 01:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case, then your whole rant about a MDT macro is moot anyways, lol. And I'm not really gonna comment on full time cureskin, sounds like a waste of mp to me.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-29 01:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
If that's the case, then your whole rant about a MDT macro is moot anyways, lol. And I'm not really gonna comment on full time cureskin, sounds like a waste of mp to me.

A lot of the spells really hurt. Sure cureskin helps.

Also what is this about wasting MP in Abyssea....?
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-29 01:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole thing was about TP moves not spells.

And if you cure V unhurt people every 30 sece then yes, you will still burn through all your mp unless you have like, full time refresh 2/ballad/works
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-29 01:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
The whole thing was about TP moves not spells.

And if you cure V unhurt people every 30 sece then yes, you will still burn through all your mp unless you have like, full time refresh 2/ballad/works

No, actually. I do this all the time and I only have x3 Refresh atmas and Sublimation. You don't need refresh2, ballad, or the works.

Hell, for most things you don't even need more than 2 Atmas. Granted I idle in +3 Refresh, but still.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-29 01:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
The whole thing was about TP moves not spells,

name one in the entire goddamn game in 2011 that'll one-shot you if you aren't quick enough with a -mdt macro
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 01:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

af3+2 legs help too

edit: whm af3 that is
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-29 01:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
af3+2 legs help too

edit: whm af3 that is

Oya. Good catch.
By Serj 2011-01-29 01:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

name one in the entire goddamn game in 2011 that'll one-shot you if you aren't quick enough with a -mdt macro

Indrik if you aren't a nin and are at the perfect amount of dmg from his lance that it would deal in the general area of your max hp! HA! What did I win? Or did that require too much of the stars aligning?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-29 01:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Indrik if you aren't a nin and are at the perfect amount of dmg from his lance that it would deal in the general area of your max hp! HA! What did I win? Or did that require too much of the stars aligning?

Winrar!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-29 01:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** is this ***? I'd assumed MDT/PDT sets were common knowledge, just not employed by most because of laziness/cheapness/stupidity/cockbaggery/doucheshittery. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Say your max HP is 2700.

Subject Bitterpiss (henceforth referred to as "Q") has a magical TP move that deals roughly 3,000 damage because he sucks and is a cheating *** licking scoundrel.

The difference between having 50% MDT (Shell V+26%~ in gear, or Shellra V+23%~ in gear) is 1,500 damage that you would be safe from on top of stoneskin or whatever other buffs/MDB you might have on you at the time. Life and death, mother ***.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 01:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

disgorge could probably oneshot me with mdt gear on D:
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-29 01:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:

he was hitting me for +3.2k even in my perfect -magic reduction set on samurai, so yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

migawari ahoy, much in the same sense of impalement and ursurper
[+]
By Serj 2011-01-29 01:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:

he was hitting me for +3.2k even in my perfect -magic reduction set on samurai, so yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

migawari ahoy, much in the same sense of impalement and ursurper

I was in a PUG doing the tiger nm and we decided to try Indrik. I think he topped out hitting people for 7-9k dmg. AoA zombie method suuuuuuuuuuuucks. With my friends though, he stays around 1-3k dmg, and I have 3.4-4+k hp, so I'm good =D Whms being on the ball helps a ton.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-29 01:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

I've seen Gorge one-shot too, with meritted Shellra V up, and not sure if MDT gear was on or not. It was pretty random/unlucky and terribad.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-29 01:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus ***, how long was it up for Lance to hit 9k?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-29 01:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

The question wasn't about one shotting, the whole thing was a guy said he wore shadow ring full time for magic stuff, people said make a macro, someone else said he's talking about tp moves. Not like shadow ring's likely to save you unless you're stupid, it's just more of a nice thing to have which can take pressure off healers
By Serj 2011-01-29 01:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

It was doing 2-3k until the tank died and it started running after each person who kept running. I think about 5-10 mins after we initially wiped and it was doing 9k. Was pretty fun, actually, in a warped sense.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-29 01:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

I've seen Gorge one-shot too, with meritted Shellra V up, and not sure if MDT gear was on or not. It was pretty random/unlucky and terribad.
Funny, I was just fighting glvaoid right now, I swear gorge/disgorge aren't affected by well MDB at least, the only dmg reduction I normally carry all the time is torque which is all dmg so I dunno, it's weird, lol.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 01:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Funny, I was just fighting glvaoid right now, I swear gorge/disgorge aren't affected by well MDB at least, the only dmg reduction I normally carry all the time is torque which is all dmg so I dunno, it's weird, lol.

i'd say it's probably hard to tell since the damage varies. the tank we had has around 4k hp (and probably more from hp atmas), no mdt gear, still occasionally got oneshotted by disgorge with merited shellra v.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 01:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been one shotted by inferno by brulo multiple times... but I is only taru.

Funny thing is the one time it didn't one shot me was the time it would've done the most but I had earthen armor up so it only did around 2500... granted I didn't turn fast enough and a triple attack proc on both my weapons got me to finish myself off on his spikes :(. Goddamn lack of phalanx
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-29 01:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Funny thing is the one time it didn't one shot me was the time it would've done the most but I had earthen armor up so it only did around 2500... granted I didn't turn fast enough and a triple attack proc on both my weapons got me to finish myself off on his spikes :(. Goddamn lack of phalanx

I chuckled.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 01:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

what exactly causes lance to get that high?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 01:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

I chuckled.
***hurts. Was doing like 70ish a hit at that point... didn't help that my support was in range too lol. The worst part is after a few wipes and 1 time it just depopping on pull I finally got the atma... and it turns out that it didn't do what it sounded like it did. So it went from being potentially awesome to pretty sucky
By Serj 2011-01-29 01:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

It's healing move makes lance stronger. When I normally fight it, it only heals maybe 5 times at most. No idea how many times it used it when we were getting hit for 9k lol.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-29 02:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

It's healing move makes lance stronger. When I normally fight it, it only heals maybe 5 times at most. No idea how many times it used it when we were getting hit for 9k lol.

oh, i thought it reset after each lance.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-29 02:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

i'd say it's probably hard to tell since the damage varies. the tank we had has around 4k hp (and probably more from hp atmas), no mdt gear, still occasionally got oneshotted by disgorge with merited shellra v.
Gorge dmg varies a lot, but disgorge seems to land on nice even numbers a lot.

Semi off topic but I'm working on a theory that gorge dmg is boosted by dmg absorbed during BW and not disgorge. I hope to not collect too much data on it though....
 Cerberus.Nequito
Server: Cerberus
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2011-01-29 02:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

Edit: Working on Kannagi
[+]
By Serj 2011-01-29 02:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nequito said:
TP

Edit: Working on Kannagi

Iga earring is garbage. If you aren't hitting the delay reduction cap (in which case I have no idea what to take in and out) use suppanomimi.