Validity, Pros, And Cons, Of 5/5+2 Empyrean Set.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Validity, Pros, and Cons, Of 5/5+2 Empyrean set.
Validity, Pros, and Cons, Of 5/5+2 Empyrean set.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-24 18:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to first cite this:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Estoqueur%27s_+2_Armor_Set
For those of you too busy to search through it, At the bottom, it implies that wearing the full set grants a bonus above expected with the previous pieces.

Elaborating, 2 pieces extends Duration of buffs casted on others under the effects of Composure by 10%, 3 gives 20%, and so on. 5/5 Expected bonus was 40%, however the bonus is 62.5%, proving, more or less, that it appears full +2 Set grants a bonus to the "Set bonus" beyond expected values.

now, With optimal gear on THF, it is possible to reach 24% Haste and full 5/5+2, (25% if you wear Rapidus, I would not), through means of the following:

*Raider's+2 Head - 6%
*Raider's+2 Body - 5%
*Raider's+2 Legs - 5%
*Twilight Belt - 7%
*Tiercal Necklace- 1%

This totals 24% Haste (About 1.4~% from true haste cap)

Now, The assumed value of Triple Damage proc on THF+2 with 2 sets was 1%, 3 2%, etc etc, up to 5/5 expected 4%, now, If its like RDM set, it means we might expect to see about a 6% Proc rate on 5/5+2, 3% more over 4/5 (Which is usually required to cap haste safely for THF).

Now i know the "Triple Damage" is not a straight mod, there is something further at work here, as with a short test on Fear (?) mobs in Abyssea-Altepa, my Average SA in my TP gear showed about average ~900~1,100 Damage (which for the test was 5/5 THF+2). Activated a "set bonus" to see a 4,300 Damage Sneak Attack, Well beyond expect "3x" Value of 3,300. Others have reported strange Damage spikes beyond the norm, so it could not be just a simple "3x" mod.

No, I know its usefulness will widely vary based on your current gear/buffs due to them having a direct impact on Triple Attack rate. I'd like for the sake of Argument to assume a 34% Triple Attack rate:

10%Base(merits)
3% Head
3% Ring
3% Dagger
15% AoA

There is also a bit to factor in current Haste (buffs/songs), Dual Wield, etc, to determine if you're getting truly that last 1% haste as well.

I'd like the opinion of fellow THFs. I have found myself in Abyssea TP'ing in 5/5 THF+2 simply for the added rate of Set-bonus rate, And it is to my liking, seeing ~600 DMG Critsx3 in succession with some luck has favored me toward it. But i often times question is validity or usefulness.

So, In conclusion, I question, Is the assumed gain of a 3% chance to 'Triple' your damage output via Triple Attack worth a sacrificing in 1% Haste value? 0.~4% if using Rapidus?

I would much appreciate any Input and discussion on the subject, as i really have no other person to ask.

(The one i did usually ask has more or less been on hiatus for a while)
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-24 19:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one of those questions that is very difficult to answer, but I do believe that 5/5 +2 would win out in the end.

I have personally been looking into using atma of the omnipotent (+50 dex, +12%? haste) with 5/5 +2 and a nusku's sash instead of twilight belt. However, I have not been able to get my LS to get the atma.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-24 19:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook, if you're using 4/5 AF+2 you'd be better off using the hands and dropping the feet for homam.

Also something I'd like to mention, the set bonus on feet is worded differently than the rest of the set. This probably doesn't mean anything because SE does it all the time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-24 19:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ya that could be another way to do it I suppose, but the added AGI is nice for a good subtle blow build and we all know how important that is on Abyssea NMs 8X

well, that's what a subtle blow build is for :P. If you're going for DPS you'll want the hands.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-01-25 09:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very interested on this too. Here is a question: Is it 6% chance of procing on a 10% chance event (which makes it a final 0.6%), or is it 60% over a 10% chance event (making it a final 6%)? The former might be beat by homam feet with low amount of haste buffs, the latter probably only with super haste lol.

I've also been using RR/AO/Apoc after this. Surely, it's a scenario based on a number of premisses, but should not be far from the truth. Actually, some time after that post i checked the combo on some of Kinematics dps spreadsheets and it provided the best dps for dnc/war and nin/war without kannagi. Undoubtedly it will be best for us too, not even taking into consideration its favor to our af set bonus.

So, with all this i guess the af bonus has a 6% chance of happening on triples. Using RR/AO/Apoc for a total of 44% triple and i still don't notice so many more big number triples. Homam feet might sadly be the answer then...
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-01-25 11:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use this as TP set.

+43 Acc/23% haste/TA 9%

I do have Twilight dagger and i am not using. imo 5/5+2 = avoid Twilight except if you do not have anything better.

Also, always think how you loose haste samba on Twilight Dagger... And i think on FFXI main page ppl did not understand me about Twilight dagger...

**Edit after some correction**

Since you get 3% chance to QA, you also REDUCE your chance to TA. (.9%)

Example:
100 hit @ 30% = 30 TA
100 hit @ 3% = 3 QA

Chance TA and QA kick at same time is 30/100*3 so .9% only.

Twilight(-.9 on TA) 29.1 TA(x3) + 3 QA(x4) = 67.2 extra hit
Triplus 33(x3) TA = 66 Extra hit.

3.9%(TA)*14%(Chance on 3x dmg) = .546 you do 3x dmg on 1 hit, the dmg extra is 1.638 (kinda cover the 1.2 extra hit Scenario)

@Karbuncle
For sneak attack, i also got 4k+ twice, i am kinda surprise you did that much, i always though the 2x 4k+ i did on sneak attack was due to Mandau (3x dmg hidden effect) (According to Wiki, 3x dmg can only apply to 2nd and 3rd hit, this would totally prove wiki is wrong since sneak attack is first hit of the triple attack, very interesting btw.)

and for correction, it is 3x dmg, you probably ignore or forget the miss translation from SE about the HAND+2, is not 'increase trick attack damage' but 'increase sneak attack damage', that explain your ~4x dmg.

For Rapidus, i'm not even sure yet if triplus dagger beat it... i'm still testing and debating about it.

And of course you might point how i only have 23%* haste, i just prefer have accuracy pair with TA+9% instead.

But ya this is also interesting setup here:

+47 ACC/25% haste/TA 6%

----

More testing have to be done bc from what Karbuncle said Wiki would be wrong and the 3x dmg can happen on EACH attack when 'triple attack' happen, and not as Wiki say, only apply to 2nd and 3rd attack.

Also cannot just ignore the difference if is the case...

5% triple dmg on 3/3 hit. (1-95^3) = 14.2625% chance triple dmg.
5% triple dmg on 2/3 hit. (1-95^2) = 9.75% chance triple dmg.

So is 14.25% True DMG over TA.

100/14 = every 7.14x Triple attack, 3x dmg will happen.

So look again at 9% TA setup...

mean you have 9%*14% chance to kick 4k dmg on your Sneak attack. (1.26% chance todo 3x dmg sneak attack + Extra dmg form hand)

For mandau owner is 6.26% chance.

Kill Triplus Dagger and you turn 6%*14% = .8% chance.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-25 11:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't lose Haste Samba with Twilight Dagger so long as the weapon in your other hand doesn't miss.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-01-25 12:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

But... thf can't wear blitz ring
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-25 12:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Raider's Vest+2 is 5% Haste, so those sets are actually 23% and 26% respectively. But THF can't wear Blitz anyway >_>

And it's not a direct 3% drop in Triple Attack rate if you use Twilight. Not unless all the times your Quad attack procs, Triple would've proc'd instead. It'd be, on average, 3% of whatever your Triple would be (so -1% if you have 30% TA rate).
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
Server: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-01-25 12:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I can also say that Twilight Dagger does indeed Triple Attack if it does not proc Quad Attack.

Also~ wtf adler? Shouldn't need acc >.>;; Rajas/Epona's all the way. Even Heed Ring > Adler.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-01-25 12:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: you have a mandau but didn't know thf can't use blitz ring and how much haste is on af3+2 body.

and you endorse adler ring.

stop posting.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-25 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Empty Ring Slot > Adler Ring
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tokuzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bodille
By Lakshmi.Tokuzi 2011-01-25 13:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

16 jobs 90, ***son.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-01-25 13:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

omg more jerk showing up!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-01-25 13:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

All post deleted, let just forget about talking anything here, let just TROLL game instead, IS SO MUCH MORE FUN.

Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
By Siren.Ilax 2011-01-25 13:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Empty Ring Slot > Adler Ring

I would like to see all the garbage shitty noob *** gear you wear :)

PLAY MORE, POST LESS GARBAGE.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-25 13:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever seen someone get so butthurt so quickly.
[+]
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2011-01-25 13:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:
edit: you have a mandau but didn't know thf can't use blitz ring and how much haste is on af3+2 body.

and you endorse adler ring.

stop posting.

OMG?!! just 2 job 90????

Look at you shame gear lmao...

not even complete any +2? WTF...
[+]
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2011-01-25 13:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I don't think I've ever seen someone get so butthurt so quickly.

Butthurt quickly huh?????

Everytime i post here bunch of noobish reply with garbage, if is that you call quickly...
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2011-01-25 13:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tokuzi said:
16 jobs 90, ***son.

Lol ya, hide your profile, after all SHAME is alway hidden...

FACE PALM.
 Lakshmi.Tokuzi
By Lakshmi.Tokuzi 2011-01-25 13:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill out man, put a blitz ring on it.
[+]
 Siren.Ilax
By Siren.Ilax 2011-01-25 13:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tokuzi said:

i can put it in your *** too, how about that?
 Lakshmi.Tokuzi
By Lakshmi.Tokuzi 2011-01-25 13:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a party.
By Serj 2011-01-25 13:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ilax said:
Lakshmi.Tokuzi said:

Woah, such a mature response. I'm totally taken back by the massive intellect behind such a well thought out and thorough response.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tokuzi
By Lakshmi.Tokuzi 2011-01-25 13:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Siren.Ilax said:
Lakshmi.Tokuzi said:

Woah, such a mature response. I'm totally taken back by the massive intellect behind such a well thought out and thorough response.

Watch out man, he's got 16 jobs to 90.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7