Validity, Pros, And Cons, Of 5/5+2 Empyrean Set.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Validity, Pros, and Cons, Of 5/5+2 Empyrean set.
Validity, Pros, and Cons, Of 5/5+2 Empyrean set.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Serj 2011-01-26 15:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hagino said:
oh i know, im still 0/22 on that neck piece so i just use this for now~

Bring a mnk and blue proc it! D=
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-26 16:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

tried still no luck :(
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-26 16:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

went 1/12 for my ocelot pre timer fix with blue proc
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-26 16:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Timer fix? And wow, I've been lucky on my drops then.
 Fenrir.Queazy
Server: Fenrir
user: Queezy
By Fenrir.Queazy 2011-01-26 16:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Littlechaos said:
As far as set bonus goes, I have 4/5 of the SAM and the set bonus imo is pure garbage. I mean wearing full AFv3 to try and get Zanshin to proc for extra damage is just sad. Then again SAM hasn't really been getting any more love since the lvl 80 update. My wep has +30 ACC on it (Lv.80 Amano) and the AFv3 itself has a large amount of ACC itself. So relying on a set bonus that requires you to miss is sad indeed ; ; As far as the crap with Ilax goes. in the past 2-3yrs I've known him there have been numerous people to hate him for some reason or another. From EXT elitist tendencies to the random person calling his play style for thf gimp. I know "of" a few people on this thread, but I don't know you well enough to speak on you, but this guy Ilax really is a cool dude. He's helped our multiple ls's out as well as a lot of people ingame, but yet ppl still find the time to piss on him. As momo said though, this silliness of attacking someone over a game is quite entertaining in a sense. Last note, does anyone know what the NIN's set bonus pertains too? I know it augment's dual-wield, but how?
Lol. i dont usually post but i must point out the comedy in this, chaos u say this like EXT needs a reason to call a NA gimp and hate them lol. I can assure llax or watever the teef is called means nothing to him just another N/A that knows nothing and is gimp, JP onry son wut chu talking bout!. on a side note thf is a th *** nothing more nothing less ^^ doesnt matter wat gear sets you got just get max th on the mob and go sit in a corner!. j/k lol
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-01-26 17:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Queazy said:
Fenrir.Littlechaos said:
As far as set bonus goes, I have 4/5 of the SAM and the set bonus imo is pure garbage. I mean wearing full AFv3 to try and get Zanshin to proc for extra damage is just sad. Then again SAM hasn't really been getting any more love since the lvl 80 update. My wep has +30 ACC on it (Lv.80 Amano) and the AFv3 itself has a large amount of ACC itself. So relying on a set bonus that requires you to miss is sad indeed ; ; As far as the crap with Ilax goes. in the past 2-3yrs I've known him there have been numerous people to hate him for some reason or another. From EXT elitist tendencies to the random person calling his play style for thf gimp. I know "of" a few people on this thread, but I don't know you well enough to speak on you, but this guy Ilax really is a cool dude. He's helped our multiple ls's out as well as a lot of people ingame, but yet ppl still find the time to piss on him. As momo said though, this silliness of attacking someone over a game is quite entertaining in a sense. Last note, does anyone know what the NIN's set bonus pertains too? I know it augment's dual-wield, but how?
Lol. i dont usually post but i must point out the comedy in this, chaos u say this like EXT needs a reason to call a NA gimp and hate them lol. I can assure llax or watever the teef is called means nothing to him just another N/A that knows nothing and is gimp, JP onry son wut chu talking bout!. on a side note thf is a th *** nothing more nothing less ^^ doesnt matter wat gear sets you got just get max th on the mob and go sit in a corner!. j/k lol
Queazy aiint no field ***, hes been round the block, *** speaks the truth, but reading Ilax informative posts and not troll attempts, he does seem to know his stuff, guess gear was holding him back in the ol' days, good to see Edit* Ext is a butt hurt fgt who cant compete with NA/EU players even with him not sleeping and being his own ls, what a sad life it must be to be that much of a shitty JP :( Using Burt over Excal and all
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-01-26 17:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
2x damage from twash is better than the 3x damage from mandau due way higher proc rate(30-50% vs 5%). So Twash mainhand provides better dps if you can use Rudra's the way it should be used (charged with sa/ta).

Yeah right now Empyrean aftermath completely destroys relic aftermath+hidden. However a while back when it was first discovered that they were tweaking the relic ws for 90 relics, there was an unconfirmed report on BG that the devs recognized the Empyreans were outstripping the relics and they were slowing trying to scale the relics back up to be better.

I'm thinking that since Empyreans are Abyssea based storyline wise that Twashtar will stop at level 90, and Mandau will go to 99 (95 being fragment trials, 99 being Dynamis Lord).

Remora.Laphine said:

Here is my opinion: A world that needs acc is probably a world that needs attack. This will also be a world where fstr matters. A world where fstr matters is probably a world where crit from dex will matter. Full af (well, 4/5) provides some real boost to these. I'd say Raider hands alone might beat dw mirke in this situation.

You're right about all that becoming important again, but remember that fSTR and crit rate from Dex are capped in Abyssea because we get an absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of bonuses from the prospector and Atma. In the context of normal stats 3STR and 6DEX may or may not have appreciable impact.

Jumping fSTR tiers usually requires between 4-6 STR, so whether or not 3 STR will matter depends on how much you need to reach the next tier on a specific mob and how much leftover STR you have from your last tier.

Dex only starts giving good returns (1DEX=1%Crit) once you reach a pretty high level. The magic number will be dependent on mobs, but examining the numbers we had on crit rates for Nyzul Colibri tells us that you need quite a substantial amount. WAR was pretty much the only job where they could reach that amount of DEX and still retain enough Haste to beat out a Haste oriented set. They were only good at it because they had a wide range of visible TP gear that gave 37 DEX and well as Haste (Askar hat and hands, Byakko's Haidate, Adaberk, Aurum Feet). While we have much more DEX in our TP setups than we sued to (a 4/5 set now puts us at 25 DEX in visible gear), back during 75 cap a 12 DEX gap could easily put you below the 1DEX=1%Crit threshold. So I'm not so sure 8 DEX will matter, much less beat 3% Dual Wield.

It's possible the 4/5 set would be better, we have to see what happens.

Fenrir.Ilax said:
For DPS, i just can't remember the equation (dmg/delay) ect, i have impression you would get better dps in that setup, the only flaw i can see is the 3% triple attack bonus that you loose. Hand+2 offer great attack bonus and sneak attack damage bonus, for Body+2 again you get more attack form the +5 dagger skill.

For DW, is alway nice to stack, but if you have to wear a dagger combo that is ~8% slower then i don't really see the point of 3% DW here. 352/326 = 1.079)

1. Macro for sneak attack damage bonus, macro out. Seriously this is as bad as your point that taking out AF3 feet is -1 TH. Do you not use macros besides a WS set and a TP set?

2. The general offhand of choice for Mandau pre-Abyssea was Blau. Blau vs. Sirocco is roughly equivalent to Triplus vs. Rapidus Sax. So transitive logic holds that if the DPS gain was worthwhile on Blau it's going to be worthwhile on Triplus.

The basic premise behind that Mirke set is once we're out of Abyssea the set bonus doesn't get supercharged by Atma. So let's go back to the basics of delay reduction and remove +2 pieces to recap haste while also shoehorning some Dual Wield in. I'm taking for granted that Triplus is a better offhand than Rapidus

Fenrir.Littlechaos said:
Last note, does anyone know what the NIN's set bonus pertains too? I know it augment's dual-wield, but how?

It gives double attack to the weapon in the offhand. That's why I said that once we leave Abyssea that Ninja will outstrip us because they don't lose any dual wield frequency for their set bonus but we will lose triple attack frequency.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-26 17:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I missing something? I see the difference between the two sets as

+1.4% haste
+3% DW
+2 dagger skill
-3 STR
-8 DEX
-2 accuracy
-15 attack
-15 AGI
-6 evasion
-5 subtle blow

Not that I'm saying the trade offs aren't worth it, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong...

Edit: Er and not that evasion matters etc., was just listing everything so I didn't miss something.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-01-26 18:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Am I missing something? I see the difference between the two sets as

+1.4% haste
+3% DW
+2 dagger skill
-3 STR
-8 DEX
-2 accuracy
-15 attack

You're right, I messed up some numbers. Forgot the hands had so much attack/accuracy on them. I don't know how I screwed up the DEX math... I think I had 6 DEX in my head from Hecatomb +1.

EDIT: That's not even right, those have +5 only.
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
user: FireDeath
By Siren.Ilax 2011-01-26 22:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1. Macro for sneak attack damage bonus, macro out. Seriously this is as bad as your point that taking out AF3 feet is -1 TH. Do you not use macros besides a WS set and a TP set?

... was kinda retard of me, i mean i never really tested the new TH mechanic before i saw your first comment about it, and i did the test this morning. By time you have TH equiped on your first action, you can unequip all TH gear and still get max TH.(I did not know that) I was thinking you had to minimum wait Additional effect TH kick in before swap. I Mean was not really a problem for me since i 5/5+2 full time for TP, but is very nice to know about it.

For sure i use way more then 1 macro XD, I Switch gear too much also, ppl always yell at me bc of it XD And i always yell at them, learn to use <stal> =P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7