lol, good riddance then.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-28 16:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wah wah wah I want to work more for less effective gear that wouldn't even actually make me attack faster in the first place given the stupid delay and already high multiattack rate. I know you read the NIN forums fairly frequently and this isn't the first time I've stated that the DA offhand is terrible.

But hey, if you want to not post in gear threads then it's one less time for me to repeat the same ***over and over.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-02-28 16:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
I think I'm done with gear forums.
Because they are trying to help you?
THATS WRONG
DOING IT WRONG

THere's more polite ways sayin ***, not trollin ***

how else can you say that your choice of gear is wrong, when it's wrong?

are people supposed to tell you it's great?

i'm so confused
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2012-02-28 16:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm done with gear forums.
Because they are trying to help you?
THATS WRONG
DOING IT WRONG

THere's more polite ways sayin ***, not trollin ***

They answer in that similar manner because 90% of the time, the questions people ask have already been answered in the thread or another one. Use a little deductive reasoning with the responses they have given to other people.

Am I the only one who's tired of people yelling "troll" at everything that isn't sunshine and rainbows? This isn't trolling people, it's people tired of the same god damn questions being asked in every thread ten-fold over.

All math in ffxi is clearly explained on bg and ffxi wiki. All damage formulas are there for your use. Even ffxi calculator will answer a lot of questions. The people that are nice enough to actually give you an answer do so of their own free will, they aren't here to play the game for you and be your calculator/ffxi-math professor all the time.

Nightfyre gave you answer and told you what to change for a better build, it's not his fault you don't want to listen to advice when you asked for it in the first place. He even went so far as to explain how gear haste is calculated, when it is already out there in plain text in many different locations for your convenience. Not his fault, your lack of reading comprehension/laziness is hindering you.

In case you forgot, there is a specific build that will win in a specific situation every time, there are no "buts", "ifs", and/or "maybes". One piece of gear will always be better in a given situation than another, stop trying to justify your choices because "it's too hard" to get the given gear suggestions.
[+]
By Gimpness 2012-02-28 16:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
rage
lolwtfdude?
rage
stuff
all my [+]'s for the day, they're your's. Just take them. :3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2012-03-01 11:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Lakshmi.Krazykozy said: »
This is my current tp set and atm it deffinetly out performs the toci set and af1 body (dw wise)... Only thing I can think of atm that could upgrade this further would be usu bewts..

Any other options that anyone can think of plz let me know lol
Nope. 3% DW < 5% DW and the other stats aren't enough to compensate.

Umm are you forgetting about the that ninja already has a rediculous amount of dw effect as it stands so adding anymore would drop my tp/hit gain even lower. Which is why from my experience this current set works better then using af1+1 or nq or even fkn toci's to tp in.. I think alot of people are forgetting about the dimishing effects of stacking too much of a certain type of stat.. (i.e. DA or TA gear)
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-01 11:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol attack speed has increasing returns, not diminishing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2012-03-01 12:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
This is my current tp set and atm it deffinetly out performs the toci set and af1 body (dw wise)... Only thing I can think of atm that could upgrade this further would be usu bewts..

Any other options that anyone can think of plz let me know lol
Nope. 3% DW < 5% DW and the other stats aren't enough to compensate.

Umm are you forgetting about the that ninja already has a rediculous amount of dw effect as it stands so adding anymore would drop my tp/hit gain even lower. Which is why from my experience this current set works better then using af1+1 or nq or even fkn toci's to tp in.. I think alot of people are forgetting about the dimishing effects of stacking too much of a certain type of stat.. (i.e. DA or TA gear)

This is why people need to learn how to math. Ninja Chainmail doesn't reduce your TP or hit any lower over Koga.

Your current gear with 210/190 delay weapons, with 13% Dual Wield, you'll get 4.6 TP a swing, 156 delay total, and you're 2% over haste cap. Changing your body to Ninja Chainmail for a total of 15% Dual Wield still gives you 4.6 TP and lowers your delay to 150 total, both requiring 22 swings for 100 TP.

Now, let's say you wear something like Kannagi/Arisui with Rancor Collar, 26% Haste in gear, 15& Dual Wield and 6 Store TP (9-11 based on Store TP augment from Byakkos): 154 Delay with 4.5 TP, requiring 23 swings for 100 TP with 0 Store TP from Byakkos. If Store TP at least +3, you'll go back to 22 hit. Now, let's change our pants option, say, Byakko's with perfect augments to Koga Hakama+2. 5% haste etc for 7% Dual Wield. You retain your 4.5 TP and 23 swings, but delay becomes 140. If you can use Shinobi Ring=132 Delay, but your TP goes to 4.2 for 24 swings for 100 TP due to the loss of Rajas.

Throwing on haste spells will only help, and if this 1-2 extra hit loss murders you that much, ride Kakka: Ichi then for 10 Store TP for 4.6 and 22 swings again or 4.8 and 21 if no Shinobi Ring.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-03-01 13:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

(please don't take this as me trying to argue against using hakama +2, just trying to get everything straight)

If the dDex from byakkos is contributing to crit rate, and you have 4stp/4critdmg augment, would they still lose to hakama (also assuming no shinobi ring, as the hakama obviously win with that).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-01 17:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on cRatio, base critrate, and exactly how much you're getting out of Haidate's DEX. In low cRatio situations with maximum gains from DEX (Byakko's taking you exactly to dDEX cap) and minimal critrate bonuses, Haidate will have a small (1%) advantage. Increasing cRatio, decreasing dDEX gains, and adding additional sources of critrate all favor Koga.

All of this assumes AF1(+1) body. If you're using AF3+2 body then Koga would almost certainly be inadvisable given that you're either delay capped or seeking accuracy.
By Darcatvar 2012-03-02 20:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post the ideal non VW tp set outside abyssea? I was under the impression augmented kitty pants were the way to go.
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2012-03-02 21:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Darcatvar said: »
Can someone post the ideal non VW tp set outside abyssea? I was under the impression augmented kitty pants were the way to go.
By my definition of "ideal" TP set, it would mean what TP set that puts out the best DMG output by any means regardless of gear choice.

So I would go with this one:
That's the STR Arisui.

You will need a Hp-down swap to make this more efficient incase cures puts you in white.
Something like this would work:

This assuming you're only getting Haste, and or Haste-Samba, and in ACC capped situations, which should be a broad-range of events outside of VW.

You can use this set with RCB on all nation VW-tiers aswell.

edit: If the latent is too much work for you/makes you uncomfortable staying in yellow HP, I'd stick with Raja's over Shinobi instead.

It's worth noting that most of this info already been covered in this thread.
 Shiva.Irika
Server: Shiva
user: Irika
By Shiva.Irika 2012-03-02 23:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Koga Hakama +2 would be better in that scenario even when using rajas when shinobi's latent isn't up (reasoning in Nightfyre's post a couple posts above yours).
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2012-03-03 04:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Irika said: »
Koga Hakama +2 would be better in that scenario even when using rajas when shinobi's latent isn't up (reasoning in Nightfyre's post a couple posts above yours).
Good point.
By Darcatvar 2012-03-03 08:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I need to get off my butt and finish my +2 hakama.
By Eluveitie 2012-03-16 18:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Current:

Need to get shinobi ring (hasn't been one up in near a month) and gotta deal with the floating marshmallow for the STR o/h
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 12:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit NIN since it sucks again, lol1handedjobs, but I'm posting here to officially come out against AF2+2 pants, and say I'm pretty sure you're all wrong for using them and giving up 5% haste in favor of 7% DW and the STP associated with the other feet/pants options. This is only referring to when not using shinobi ring to almost cap haste.

The original argument for using Usukane shoes was that the 7 STP decreases your attack rounds to 100 TP by 1, same for STP5+ Byakkos. Losing at least 1 attack round between WS's, and potentially 2 attacks rounds, will not be worth gaining 2% increased attack speed. This doesn't even account for the other stats associated with either option. I.E. attack and accuracy or accuracy and crit damage/potentially crit rate as 20 DEX is a lot.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-17 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, thanks for your valuable feelings that clearly disprove mathematics! Your contribution has made such a difference.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-17 12:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Going from this set:

To this one without Shinobi.

41 haste & 50 DW: -70.5% delay. 390 base delay becomes 115.05. 31.29 Attacks per minute.
37 haste & 57 DW: -72.91% delay. 390 base delay becomes 105.651. 34.07 attack per minute, an 8.88% increase.

Math says I'm right please prove your point that way.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 12:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Even NQ Koga would be better than Iga +2.
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 12:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
41 haste & 50 DW: -70.5% delay. 390 base delay becomes 115.05. 31.29 Attacks per minute.
37 haste & 57 DW: -72.91% delay. 390 base delay becomes 105.651. 34.07 attack per minute, an 8.88% increase.

You didn't even look at my argument, you simply pointed out that you attack faster and said nothing of WS damage/frequency/delay involved with using JAs.

You also didn't factor in the acc/att/crit damage/rate gains.

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Wow, thanks for your valuable feelings that clearly disprove mathematics! Your contribution has made such a difference.

You're welcome to use math to prove me wrong. I don't care about NIN anymore and will not be doing it.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-17 12:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still use Usukane with Koga +2, and it's still better.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-17 12:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaerin said: »

You didn't even look at my argument, you simply pointed out that you attack faster and said nothing of WS damage/frequency/delay involved with using JAs.

You provided no math for me to refute. You just stated your opinion and what stats might be better potentially. If you make the accusation that Koga+2 are worse it is your burden to provide proof. I thought I would through you a bone and put the math of why they are better out there. Your turn.
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 12:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You provided no math for me to refute. You just stated your opinion and what stats might be better potentially. If you make the accusation that Koga+2 are worse it is your burden to provide proof. I thought I would through you a bone and put the math of why they are better out there. Your turn.

And you can't even count, your AF2+2 pants set should be 36 haste not 37, and it shouldn't even be 36, it should be 35.5.

My turns over now, would you like to redo your math?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-17 12:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome to use math to prove me wrong. I don't care about NIN anymore and will not be doing it.

Myself and others have previously done this.

Coming in, attempting to refute gear sets grounded in mathematics with a resounding "I don't think so!" and then pleading indifference is a twinge amusing.
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 12:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll go with the "Ninja is a 1 handed job and has piss poor accuracy" arguement then. AF3+2 pants and usukane shoes are giving you 19-20 acc, or 9.5%->10% hit rate, or a 9.5->10% damage increase, your friends arguement said AF2+2 were better by under 9%, so I guess I win?
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 12:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're having acc issues on ninja, use better food.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-17 12:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Given Stalwart's and Aggressor, you're going to be capped on Accuracy for most everything. That said, these builds assume capped accuracy and it is understood that changes will be made if accuracy is needed. You're welcome to leave now.
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-03-17 12:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How much of a damage increase is it when your WS damage is 40% of total damage, and you move from an 11.5 attack round (hit) build to a 10 attack round (hit) build?

EDIT:::
Here's what you need to do to prove me right/wrong.

First, figure out your average damage per hit with both sets. Then figure out your WS average. Then look at your DA/TA rate and figure out each sets average number of attack rounds to 100 TP. Then figure out how much damage you do in a set time frame with each TP set combined with the WS set factoring in WS frequency and the 2 second delay you get every time you WS. Then compare them.

This is not an easy thing to do and would take a lot of effort/thought, and is to much work for me for a job I don't care about, I'm just saying the math should swing in my favor if anyone bothers to do it.

It might even involve more then this, but it involves at least this much. Good luck with it.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10