Phoenix.Hawkhellfire
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Hawkhellfire 2012-02-01 19:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
Phoenix.Hawkhellfire said: »
My offhand katana is occ att 2-4 times + 10% extra swing from full set on off hand.
You should have made an 11% DA offhand.

I enjoy being able to pop off Hi's every 10-13 seconds. Takes most things down very quickly. Plus allows for greater TP gain when trying to proc red with 1 handed weapons. It's worked well for me. If you prefer a DA Katana, how does it work for you?
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-02-01 19:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

like this, the code for an item is on the bottom of the item sets page~

AF+1 Body, Rancor collar, and drop +2 legs for augmented Byakko's or the +2 feet for Usu feet. Then put back on twilight belt.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-01 19:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy being able to pop off Hi's every 10-13 seconds. Takes most things down very quickly. Plus allows for greater TP gain when trying to proc red with 1 handed weapons. It's worked well for me. If you prefer a DA Katana, how does it work for you?
STR Arisui is significantly ahead of either option and killing thousands of monsters to proc slightly faster is, to put it mildly, a gigantic waste of time. A Ban or DEX Arisui would give competitive gains for procing depending on hitrate and they're significantly easier to acquire.
 Phoenix.Hawkhellfire
By Phoenix.Hawkhellfire 2012-02-01 20:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
STR Arisui is significantly ahead of either option and killing thousands of monsters to proc slightly faster is, to put it mildly, a gigantic waste of time. A Ban or DEX Arisui would give competitive gains for procing depending on hitrate and they're significantly easier to acquire.

Meh, time is a moot point if you already have it. It has worked well for me and I have no regrets on making it. Nor do the other NINs I know that went and made one as well. Wish they let you "rent" a trial weapon for like 15 min to see how you like it before going through the trial. Doubt SE would ever go for that though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-01 20:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Good math and a quick hop to the test server both provide that opportunity.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-01 20:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How's nefarious collar and rancor mantle do against Rancor collar / Atheling mantle?
 Asura.Chanceikin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-02-02 16:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

like this, the code for an item is on the bottom of the item sets page~

AF+1 Body, Rancor collar, and drop +2 legs for augmented Byakko's or the +2 feet for Usu feet. Then put back on twilight belt.

Don't af and relic +2 have same dual wield though? Unless someone has some test that says otherwise, relic +2 with same dual wield smokes regular AF.

def60, acc15, and attack20 (+ ranged stuff that doesn't much matter) > def41, hp15, and vit3.

As for rancor, it does me no good when I'm tanking - that extra damage hurts when you get ga'd. I use it for Hi, but swap it out. I know people will argue this, but ninja's survival needs to be in account - I'm not foolish enough to believe my nin is a pure DD. If you like the rancor, cool, no need to flame me for my reasoning though.

I know Byakkos and Usu feet are nice, but I don't have them and am not exactly trying to blow the time/money involved for the slight boost.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-02 16:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Af is 5%, relic is 3%~
 Phoenix.Cell
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2012-02-02 16:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought relic +2 is only 3% DW compared to the 5% of the AF.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-02 16:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Af is 5%, relic is 3%~
^

And Koga Hakama +2 are 7%.

Asura.Chanceikin said: »
As for rancor, it does me no good when I'm tanking - that extra damage hurts when you get ga'd. I use it for Hi, but swap it out. I know people will argue this, but ninja's survival needs to be in account - I'm not foolish enough to believe my nin is a pure DD. If you like the rancor, cool, no need to flame me for my reasoning though.
I dunno, not using DT macros as appropriate is pretty foolish. Anticipating -gas isn't hard.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-02-02 16:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Nightfyre totally beat me to it...
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-02-02 16:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, not using DT macros as appropriate is pretty foolish. Anticipating -gas isn't hard.

I don't use windower or spellcast, so I gotta do things the hard way. Just to do a blade: hi costs me 3 macros.

I have DT gear, but only bring it out for certain situations and use a separate book when using that.

Basically, the rancor is just a preference.

I get one extra acc with sea torque and don't have to worry about getting face-raped as much while wearing it. It's also a base vs circumstance thing. Torque brings up base damage compared to rancor, but rancor has 5% crit rate. It's like deciding on Prosilio Belt for Drakesbane.. losing the DA in exchange to bring the base up.

In truth, I rarely even wear the torque, I usually rock the torero for the extra subtle blow and evasion, unless it's VW and I know I wont be tanking so much.

I like the usu feet, but I don't have them yet.. 2/3 on making them, in that case I would switch up and put twilight belt back in.
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-02-02 16:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, does anyone have a test on the relic +2 body? I went over to BG and couldn't find a number or a test.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-02 16:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Rancor's an essential in my opinion, Hope torques lost a lot of value from where I stand.

As for the DT on rancor though.
+10% of *** all is still *** all.

Most of the time you're tanking on ninja you won't be taking damage anyway bar voidwatch.
If it's magic then MDT set when applicable for -Ga's.
 Ragnarok.Soupbowl
Server: Ragnarok
user: soupbowl
By Ragnarok.Soupbowl 2012-02-02 16:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

3% DW on relic +2 body
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-02 16:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, does anyone have a test on the relic +2 body? I went over to BG and couldn't find a number or a test.

That's what they're talking about, I'm pretty sure.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-02 16:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use windower or spellcast, so I gotta do things the hard way. Just to do a blade: hi costs me 3 macros.
Dark Ring, Dark Ring, Twilight Torque, Mollusca Mantle. Up to 22% PDT/MDT with two macro lines to spare, which caps MDT with Shellra V and leaves plenty of room to equip another 15% PDT (Arhat's Gi and Jinpachi +1). Your excuse is hollow. The 10% DT isn't even relevant for most content, I happily TP it unless I'm fighting something with a throat stab move or if I'm in Voidwatch and Fanatic's is down. Half the time I'm not even worried about shadows because my evade rate is autocapped on most content at this point so I hardly get hit.

One of Kaerin's posts on BG should have the info, check the Dynamis thread. I confirmed the numbers myself when testing the legs.
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-02-02 18:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for confirmation, still kind of like the relic+2 cause of damage and accuracy with only slight loss to DW from af.

I got Twilight and 2 decent dark rings.. mostly use them for shin runs on my mnk. I do have a book for when needed on nin.

It's not an excuse though, it's my preference. Sure, you're not likely to get hit so much.. but when you do get hit by something nasty and it *** up your run, even if the chance is slight.. it exists, and I'm out here with no margin for error. I do lowman, usually for money with my reputation on the line. I got whacked by amaltheia ram charge doing a run while wearing the rancor (caught me while applying ni), it hit for 1500ish and I had 1460 HPs. Sure, it was a rare occurrence, but it happens. That's why I prefer other necks.

Having to worry about 2 extra macros just so that I can have a 5% chance to crit on regular attacks seems like a lot of work for a little return.

I appreciate the info and opinions, was just trying to offer the original poster options.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-02 18:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for confirmation, still kind of like the relic+2 cause of damage and accuracy with only slight loss to DW from af.
It'll never be superior to af1+1 in any situation where Iga +2 wouldn't beat both, so it's really quite useless for anything other than Sange.

Quote:
it's my preference to play in an inefficient manner when an easy and superior option is readily available to me
And it's my preference to offer effective options rather than suggesting that they deliberately reduce their effectiveness for no practical benefit.

I have never died as a result of using Rancor Collar. There is no reasonable excuse to not use it whenever possible.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-02-03 11:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth it to use Koga Hak +2 even without Shinobi Ring? Basically... Does Koga/Iga feet beat Byakko(+4 Crit damage, no Usu boots >.<)/Iga feet?
 Lakshmi.Diaboli
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Diaboli 2012-02-03 18:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming using Kannagi/Arisui your delay with 26% Haste and 50%DW (Zukin, Suppa, Ninja Chainmail) your delay should be 153.32355.

Then with what you're suggesting 21% Haste 57% Dual Wield (Zukin, Suppa, Chainmail, Koga +2) your delay should be 140.50035.

While the delay does shave a bit you'll be losing dDEX and whatever augments you have on your Haidate.

p.s. I used the forumula:

New Delay = Old Delay (1-Haste)(1-DW)
 Shiva.Irika
Server: Shiva
user: Irika
By Shiva.Irika 2012-02-03 22:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My poor attempt to answer Nemesio's question, messing around with Kinematic's spreadsheet:
Quote:
Assuming Berserk / Haste / Red Curry Bun only buffs vs. Bukhis (with Dia II)

Outside Aby DPS:
215.855 (Koga legs +2 w/ Shinobi over Rajas)
206.833 (Koga legs +2 w/o Shinobi)
200.519 (Byakko's [Perfect] + Iga +2 feet)
197.251 (Iga +2 legs + Usu Feet)
I in no way wish to say/imply these are the best sets (gonna vary on situation/buffs + can probably improve on these sets), but these are what I used for this:
TP:
WS:

Of course Koga Legs +2 will lose ground with Marches up. Though as a sidenote, I found that inside aby Kamone was still winning vs. a Str Arisui, though that's a whole other story that would probably need to be looked into more.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-03 22:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja Chainmail +1 would increase Koga's lead. Critrate from dDEX gives Haidate some ground but iirc it didn't allow them to overtake Koga.

Also worth noting that some of the stats in the NIN spreadsheet are currently inaccurate.
 Shiva.Irika
Server: Shiva
user: Irika
By Shiva.Irika 2012-02-03 22:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point, Chainmail +1 was definitely ahead on fodder mobs (slightly behind on Bukhis. I haven't tried to update it to reflect more relevant mobs that are actually found outside aby, and numbers could just be related more towards your second point)(I got some reading to do!).
By Kaerin 2012-02-10 06:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So........ I got real bored, and I'm making a G horn mule to follow me around and march myself with =3. Have double march+haste TP sets been brought up/posted somewhere?

I'm thinking something like this would be nice, but I think this might only be 78 or 79%~ delay reduction. Anyway, this is my basic idea for what to use, I'm sure it will change as people point out gear I'm overlooking that would be useful and new stuff comes out in the next update. So, what new/old gear is around I'm overlooking, or will be coming out next update to swap in?

EDIT: Also since I don't care about other people's parses, maybe I should be playing march/minuet and gearing for that instead? =3. Thoughts?

Kaerin's posts on BG
Kamugi on BG, it was my characters name originally before server mergers and blah blah blah, it's now my WHM mule's name.
 Cerberus.Elflegolas
user: Elf23
By Cerberus.Elflegolas 2012-02-10 07:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kaerin Offhanding Kannagi?
 Bismarck.Markas
Server: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-10 07:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elflegolas said: »
@Kaerin Offhanding Kannagi?
seems to be the lv 80 kannagi so probably doesnt make much difference since his/her main hand has higher dmg right?
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2012-02-10 08:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably didn't bother to put them in the right slots. No one offhands Kannagi.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-10 09:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Probably didn't bother to put them in the right slots. No one offhands Kannagi.

You wish, seen tons of ninjas use random katana and 80 kannagi offhand :P
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10