DRK Suggestions:we're In Ur Game Balancin Ur Dudes

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Suggestions:we're in ur game balancin ur dudes
DRK Suggestions:we're in ur game balancin ur dudes
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-10 16:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
How would it not fix it really? Honestly, Razed Ruin is just that powerful and even though they added Atma for 2 handers only, it didnt change much.

I've reiterated the point countless times in this thread. If you're trying to solve the "DRK" Issue by making them compete with Warrior and Monk, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Let's say they did give DRK a Crit WS, this Forum would have a "Bawww, DRK needs double attack" post within 20minutes because Warriors are still annihilating them in DPS.

Critical WS or no, it' needs to be taken away from the standard "DD" path, and built upon it's own unique assets. That's going to involve a bit more useful Dark Magic, though that favors longer battles, and not the XP Parties everyone seems to gauge a job's worth on, but you also can't ignore it's DPS capabilities.

It's a tough thing to reach balance with, I don't think DRK is gimp like Puppetmaster was pre-h2h and decent gear updates, it doesn't need a huge overhaul, just a little nudge in the right direction. Additional, useful Dark Magic in conjunction with either a Critical Hit WS or some sustained job ability combat stances (Hasso, Seigan, Inin, Yonin, Counterstance, Footwork, Restraint) would easily put it where it belongs.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-10 17:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

meh, not even worth it.
what about Vere PUP?
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-10 17:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Give Drk a crit stance then :P

Kinda funny you want DRK to be unique but then want it to have stances like the other jobs its trying to catch up to.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-10 17:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

Kinda funny you want DRK to be unique but then want it to have stances like the other jobs its trying to catch up to.

Why would it want to catch up, as you put it?

Not every job needs to be a boring just swing your weapon job.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-10 18:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

So again, giving DRK something (stance, crit ws, etc) to be able to do near as much damage as MNK, NIN, WAR is going to take away from everything you like about dark in the first place? I really dont understand your logic.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-10 18:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

So again, giving DRK something (stance, crit ws, etc) to be able to do near as much damage as MNK, NIN, WAR is going to take away from everything you like about dark in the first place? I really dont understand your logic.

My logic? First thing I've really said to a critical WS or ability.

My point was just not all jobs need to only be able to go in battle and swing their weapon (NIN not included in that.)
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-01-10 19:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I've reiterated the point countless times in this thread. If you're trying to solve the "DRK" Issue by making them compete with Warrior and Monk, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Let's say they did give DRK a Crit WS, this Forum would have a "Bawww, DRK needs double attack" post within 20minutes because Warriors are still annihilating them in DPS.

I honestly think they should of made Insurgency a crit ws, no reason to have added it to our arsenal when we already had a better 4 hit ws. A crit ws would fix drk's lacking damage(in the era its in, but probably overall aswell), but like you said not the job as a whole.

I agree and disagree with you on two points, 1) yes drk should be doing around the damage a war can or atleast keeping up with it, after all they are a warrior/fighter class, however how they achieve that should be quite different than how a warrior does. Which brings me to point 2 in which I agree with you, drk needs more unique abilities/JAs exclusively to them and that bests fits their role.

Imo, things like blood weapon and soul eater are great paths to work with, as they both are what drk are about. Calling forth the darkness, and using death type of spells(not literally death itself but the theme) and JAs are exactly what it should have, even curse type of abilities.

Fix last resort duration, and make it like berserk, 3mins duration, 5minute reactivation.

Perhaps make another spikes spell for us, but instead, each time a mob hits the spikes, it gets bad ailments. Curse? Death? Doom? petrification? Terror? Amnesia? Silence? Make it random which procs, and make the % high enough to be worth the casting but low enough not to break the job. Obviously make the NMs have a level of resistance to it.(Most NM/bosses in games have an immunitity to death spells so thats a no brainer on what wont proc on NMs)

I liked the terror stance, that is quite unique for drk and with some work Im sure it would be useful in some ways.
By Serj 2011-01-10 19:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Lol, i knew someone would say something very smart and clever there, very funny

I run my own business repairing computers, and i have worked on many projects, and personal stories which meant i have learned how to write fast and in detail, is there a problem with me leaving feedback for this guy? If you do not like reading that much text, then do not read it, simple as

That post was not even long, i have posts in the FF7 PC forum, where i would create posts 5 times the size of that post as feedback for one of the modders, i guess people on this forum cant handle it

No wonder why you have no friends.

Way to be a ***.

Your post was so constructive and eye-opening. I see the world differently now. Thank you for your input.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Selzak
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-01-10 20:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Last Resort:
Quote:
Ever heard of Merits? Group 1 merits can reduce the recast of Last Resort, it can also increase the attack of Last Resort
It stays up for all of 30 seconds and you can reduce the recast from 5:00 to 4:10...

Souleater:
Quote:
First of all, during zergs, Souleater and Blood Weapon
Quote:
I usually turn souleater off just after my weapon skill, as normal hits on souleater is not going to gain so much more damage unless your willing to drain and drain II your HP back that you lost(you also do not want to become a MP sponge to ur mages), if your a DRK who always keeps Souleater for the full duration (unless you 2 hour), then your not using the move properly.
That's the problem... Once every two hours, and to occasionally boost a weaponskill. We should be able to use the ability every 5:00 minutes, or at least somewhere around that. It should also be possible to use it for its full duration a lot more often.

Stun:
Quote:
If a DRK spent half his time stunning mobs, how is it going to be a good DD? Should this not be left to the mages who are stood back and have a ton of MP? Personally i do not always cast stun every single time its up as DRK does not have a ton of MP like other jobs, and i would rather save the MP for other spells like Drain, Drain II, Absorbs, Endark and Dread Spikes.
Stun is nearly an instant cast. If a DRK spent half of his time casting Stun, the mob would likely be stunned for the entire fight. Dread Spikes and Abosrbs will hurt your DoT though.

Direction:
Quote:
These are my last words on this post, it seems like you are unhappy that DRK is not essentially a job like WAR or MNK, which are pure melee jobs which are supposed to grab a lot of hate in case the tank goes down, DRK is a Heavy DD which is supposed to take off as much as the tank will let them, if you go beyond that, and your not capable of defending, then your not playing it right, hate control is very important to the DRK job, and it may seem like WAR or MNK might take off slightly more over time, but they do not have the luxury to cure themselves as easily as a DRK, or use other magic spells.
DRK is the expert of Dark magic, BLMs are jealous they did not get Aspir II and DRK did, its difficult to run out of MP if your facing a mob you can aspir off now, you can essentially cast as many spells as you want, as Aspir II is very strong and only 5 mp to cast.
That's not at all what I want. Earlier in your post you said that casting Stun too much hurts our DoT, and now you're saying that I want DRK to be a pure melee?

Also, you did not say this, but I wish everyone would stop misreading my post as asking for a 1:00 Terror. I never specified how strong the Terror effect might be, but I imagined something like a slightly stronger Stun (maybe 3-4 seconds).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-10 23:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I did check the spelling on my post before i made it, not every sentence may have been totally grammatically correct lol.

I have many friends by the way, i just stated my opinions on a thread made about the job i love to play, and just told him how wrong i think his ideas are, and then gave some of my own ideas.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-10 23:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My suggestions on DRK are simply these.

-Give DRK a way to cast spells faster
-Give an ability which can boost the party in some way
-New DRK only spells, Stunga? Drainga and Aspirga? Even Drain III Aspir III or Dread Spikes II would be cool
-New arsenal of absorb spells which are fast to cast, and actually worthwhile, and could possibly pass on its effects to party members.
-Give us a new awesome weaponskill which will make Guillotine look weak.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-10 23:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
DRK could get a stun II III IV V VI and it still would not make it a better job. It would make it the job that sits there with a thunder staff spamming stuns.

Clearly, Drk needs access to a crittable Staff weapon skill
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-10 23:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
New arsenal of absorb spells which are fast to cast, and actually worthwhile, and could possibly pass on its effects to party members.
Off the top of my head, I just thought of job abilities built on this idea:

Blood Mesh: Adds the total amount of HP drained from your next Drain or Drain II Spell to your and your Party's Maximum HP.

Mana Mesh: Adds the total amount of MP drained from your next Aspir or Aspir II Spell to your and your Party's Maximum MP.

Yes, basically it's Mantra for DRK, but it can stack on top of Mantra, and drain/aspir can resist anyway based on your dark magic skill and/or your target. I'd put my money on using the first one more often than the second. Though, the second could be a nice tool for when you're stuck in a mage-based party.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-01-10 23:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

stun II, maybe some dark magic that casts really fast would be nice, but realistically, drk does not need more magic buffs.

Realistically, do you gear up your drk and say wow cant wait to see how much drain2 does?
no.

your a drk cause you like to melee and cast some spells inbetween, NOT cast spells mainly and melee between magic.

Drk needs an upgrade that would help its ws potential the most.

Allowing guillotine or even quietus or something to crit hit would help it alot.

when i see my quietus on my drk which is well geared being outdone my my war which isnt even 90 for more then a month now out dd it in abyssea, thats what upsets me.

I took war up bc i was seriously tired of drks falling.

I still love drk, but war is just so much more satisfying bc of abyssea.
 Asura.Andradi
Server: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-01-10 23:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

On the souleater discussion, if you have a healer worth half a damn you CAN keep it up for the full duration, at least in abyssea.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [149 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Bigbubba
By Odin.Bigbubba 2011-06-09 06:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i am still just wanting warp for darks. i mean we get teir 3 spells and cant pull off a warp. i would like to see darks get more of a bonus for useing scythes. it bugs the heck out of me to see a dark useing a great sword. if you not trying for a proct you should use scythe. it is our best ranked weapon and kind of a dark trademark. i know some like the great sword more but i just feel scythe fits the job class more.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-06-09 07:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

little late to the party, are we?
By BorealisV2 2011-06-09 07:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Sword > Scythe.

Deal with it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-06-14 08:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Great Sword > Scythe. Deal with it.

Sometimes....
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-06-14 11:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
BorealisV2 said:

Sometimes....
if have caladbolg...all the time
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-06-14 15:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
BorealisV2 said:
Sometimes....

You have caladbolg all the time? How do you use it on other jobs that done use great swords?
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-14 15:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Sometimes....

You have caladbolg all the time? How do you use it on other jobs that done use great swords?

Eh? If you have Caladbolg, it's drk's best weapon. Meaning, a scythe isn't worth using. Except maybe Liberator.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-06-14 15:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
BorealisV2 said:
Sometimes....

Eh? If you have Caladbolg, it's drk's best weapon. Meaning, a scythe isn't worth using. Except maybe Liberator.
Guess people forgot about Apoc.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-14 15:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Deal with it.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-06-14 15:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
BorealisV2 said:
Sometimes....

Guess people forgot about Apoc.

You serious? Apoc is *** horrible. I have one and its garbage.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-06-14 15:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Apoc is *** horrible..

a bit of an exaggeration
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-06-14 15:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Apoc is *** horrible..

a bit of an exaggeration

Hardly, Apoc is probably the 5th best DRK weapon at the moment.

As far as Scythes are concerned its definatley not the best, its a cool tanking weapon but as far as raw damage is concerned lol no.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-06-14 15:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Apoc is *** horrible..

a bit of an exaggeration

Hardly, Apoc is probably the 5th best DRK weapon at the moment.

As far as Scythes are concerned its definatley not the best, its a cool tanking weapon but as far as raw damage is concerned lol no.
So what's the top 4 then?