DRK Suggestions:we're In Ur Game Balancin Ur Dudes

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Suggestions:we're in ur game balancin ur dudes
DRK Suggestions:we're in ur game balancin ur dudes
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Artemicion 2011-01-10 03:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno if this is possible within game mechanics but, I always thought due to the nature of DRK's high delay weapons, if spellcasting could not act as a secondary delay that stacks with weapon delay.

So if a spell takes a few seconds to cast, those seconds taken to cast will count towards the delay needed for your next swing.

Just brainstorming now >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-10 03:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut? Having every Job at 90 makes you a good player? When the *** did this happen?

Honestly the people with less jobs are usually the better players, ive seen more people with *** maat's caps that are god damn *** aweful than anything else.

Also having every job 90 isnt even a huge accomplishment Fell Cleave sup, if anyone wanted they could put the effort into it and burn every job to 90 in less than 2 weeks, really something to brag about there!

Seriously gtfo

Play what you want to play, I play Dark Knight because its fun, I know WAR is the better job but honestly dont give a damn. Also your bragging about Raging Rush? How about you stop being gimp and go get Ukko's kthx.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-10 04:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Alryc said:
I'm wondering why so many drks out there complain about being "left behind." My scythe skill isn't even capped yet I have no problem keeping up or outdamaging other jobs.

RR gave a boost to any job that has a crit ws but that doesn't change the fact that drk still hits hard as hell with Guillotine and the right atmas. Not to mention critting for 500+ on regular swings. Maybe it's not the top of the top for spike damage any more, but the job is more fun to play now than it has ever been.

Don't be mad just cuz other jobs can do big damage too. It happens.

Also, if you like the job you'll keep playing it despite the fact that others can keep up with you.

If however, it drives you to not play drk then you probably shouldn't be on it to begin with.

You're eyeballing.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-01-10 05:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
You want to be able to terrorize a mob for 1 minute, every 3 minutes.

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?
Letters like this are the reason SE ignores any ideas the playerbase sends them.

I get your point, but I don't get why you pretend like you know what SE does with letters, not only that, you pretend like you know why as well. This is how retards start rumors without even realizing it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-10 05:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

They also hold a contest to see which one is the worst, and it just so happens that one about DRK inflicting terror was nominated.

Nightfall

Just sayin'.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-10 05:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just kind of wondered what the point of it being "Terror" Was, since it's much more like (And actually inferior to) an Enstun effect.

Anyway, I do have to agree, the odds of SE actually taking player advice through feedback is almost absolutely zero. For every sound idea that is reasonable, I'm sure they're loaded with 100+ "gief drk haste2 doom deth and comtega plox, tthx 4 reedin" and that surely, quickly turned their child-like enthusiasm for the development and feedback process into a jaded venture of stamping the timecard and watching the clock til 5PM.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-10 05:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I really dont get how giving DRK a crit WS will make it to much like WAR. Does it magically lose all those things you said you like about DRK?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-10 05:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
I really dont get how giving DRK a crit WS will make it to much like WAR. Does it magically lose all those things you said you like about DRK?

I never said don't give it one, I said it wouldn't fix the job, nor is it a representation of the direction Dark Knight should take.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-10 05:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How would it not fix it really? Honestly, Razed Ruin is just that powerful and even though they added Atma for 2 handers only, it didnt change much.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-10 06:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not taken the time to read every single post, only the first one.

I absolutely love DRK to bits, its the only reason nowadays why i even come online, is to play DRK and get better gears for it, however i am going to offer my feedback on this.

DRK does not need a move like Terror in order to be great, they already are for a number of reasons.

Before the new level expansions, DRKs where used very often, not just for standard melee, but for pure Zerg fights, like Dynamis Lord and HNMs, the only time i would say that DRK was really not used, was before Aht Urhgan came out, we had no dread spikes, no drain II, souleater killed us off easy if not used right, DRK was pretty much the LOLjob of FFXI at that time, and i seeked for a party once for over a week (at level 45) and didnt get a party.

When i finally did get a party, i made sure i perform as best as i could, back in them days it was worthwhile to show how good you was so you will get invited back, and in those days often i could surprise people as they expected DRK to be so weak, and i was just there to fill in the last spot in the party.

Since Aht Urhgan came out, DRKs get used a lot more, and this leads me onto one very important thing.

Anyone who ever tells me, 'DRK is only good for stun' feels the wrath from me, i will tell them they are stupidly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and they have no idea, usually this person has never played DRK, or has 10 75s and DRK was probably their 9th job or something....

I could go on about what DRK can do which is different to any other job, but this post would be so much longer then its going to be, so ill leave it out for now.

In terms of balance i cannot possibly see why you still believe DRK is not balanced, lets see the statements you have made and explain why they are wrong.

PATH 1: TERROR
In terms of lore, Dark Knight is a job that is expected to impose fear. In terms of game mechanics, the Dark Knight's most demanded specialty is the ability to Stun enemies. While this is a legitimate and proper role, the only method available to Dark Knight to accomplish this role is the spell, Stun. Not only is this spell not unique to Dark Knight, it is also available from sub jobs. In addition, Dark Knight does not excel at stunning, a stun from a Dark Knight is no better than any other stun. Weapon Bash, with its 5:00 recast is not noteworthy in this scheme.

Ok let me understand this right, DRK RDM BLM BLU and many other jobs can stun, but guess what, all those jobs can cast enfeebling and elemental magic, Stun has never been a DRK only trait, and you seem to want Stun to be the main focus of DRK over the rest.

If a DRK spent half his time stunning mobs, how is it going to be a good DD? Should this not be left to the mages who are stood back and have a ton of MP? Personally i do not always cast stun every single time its up as DRK does not have a ton of MP like other jobs, and i would rather save the MP for other spells like Drain, Drain II, Absorbs, Endark and Dread Spikes.

I do use stun though, i have saved parties lives with stun, i have had a full alliance thank me for saving them from a devastating move just because i stunned it in time, i would see a newbie getting chased by quadavs in gustaberg, and guess what saves them? Stun. But in all honesty, if you are hasted and have a good haste build, stun comes around again pretty quickly you know.

SO my last words on Stun, i like it how it is, if they were to upgrade stun, then possibly make the recast slightly shorter, or make the stun more potent and less likely to resist over time, but i strongly disagree with this statement >>> What I propose, as an individual who has been a FFXI subscriber for the better part of 7 years, is that this becomes the primary role of the Dark Knight.

No Thanks!

When it comes to this new move you propose called Fear, although i like the concept that mobs should fear DRK, having DRK being able to use a move as strong as Terror, this is the description of Terror.

Terror is a harmful status effect that freezes a character to the spot, immobile with fear, until it wears off. Characters affected by Terror cannot move, attack, cast spells, or use job abilities for a short period of time, similar to Sleep

This is like, sleeping the mob, and your still able to hit it and cast magic on it? How exactly is that balanced? And how exactly would that work against NMs? Once again you claim you want DRK to be a better DD, but your asking for moves which would slow down your damage over time.

This next statement i also really do not like, and its extremely wrong to say this....

What I will address, however, is what seems to be the most overlooked and blatantly broken ability in the game; Souleater. This is obviously the Dark Knight's defining ability, but it is plainly impractical to utilize within the game's mechanics

Do you even play DRK properly!? Now i do not mean to come across like i hate you for this statement, as your entitled to your opinion, but i have used Souleater hundreds if not thousands of times, and i love the move, if used properly its completely devastating and fun to use.

First of all, during zergs, Souleater and Blood Weapon was a big reason why anyone could beat Dynamis Lord and HNMs back in the day (no offense to other jobs, but if you was a DRK with a KC, your coming on that to the fight) and also i used to outdamage the majority of DD because of moves like last resort and souleater on my way to 75.

'Another thing to consider would be a simple job trait (again, working on the lore of an imposing and feared Dark Knight) that reduces the enemies desire (or enmity) towards the Dark Knight either overall, or when the player inflicts large amounts of damage. Maybe this trait could activate when the Dark Knight deals a large amount of damage in a short amount of time, and cause the enemy to lose all enmity on the Dark Knight.'

Ever heard of Muted Soul? Its a merit ability which really reduces the enmity gained when using Souleater, also if you use Souleater correctly, you would have Dread Spikes up before using it so you can essentially tank the mob, or you would use Souleater in the last 10-30% of the mobs HP so it does not end up eating you alive.

Having a macro warning mages of your souleater is good too, they will see you lost some HP, and therefore can cure you, if you feel like your going to die because of this constant souleater there is one very important thing to do, turn it off!

I usually turn souleater off just after my weapon skill, as normal hits on souleater is not going to gain so much more damage unless your willing to drain and drain II your HP back that you lost(you also do not want to become a MP sponge to ur mages), if your a DRK who always keeps Souleater for the full duration (unless you 2 hour), then your not using the move properly.

'It seems very wrong that the Dark Knight job can not be considered a serious melee threat. That jobs like Ninja or even Dancer can be considered more capable of melee damage is extremely unfair to Dark Knights and entirely unbalanced. '

What!!!??? My THF can outdamage NINs and DNCs, i have never ever seen a NIN or DNC outdamage my DRK, and if they outdamage yours... then i am confused.

But one problem that is very apparent most players is the inadequacy of the Last Resort ability. This ability should be at least on par with the Warrior ability Berserk, and offer Dark Knight's a longer buff than what it currently allows. The downtime on Last Resort (recast - duration) should be *much* shorter, and a duration of 1:30 or 2:00 seems a lot more reasonable than what it currently is.

Ever heard of Merits? Group 1 merits can reduce the recast of Last Resort, it can also increase the attack of Last Resort, also the Group 2 Merit, Desperate Blows (every DRK should have this on 5) reduces the delay of your 2 handed weapons during Last resort, how on earth can you possibly say that Last Resort is not good enough? If we were allowed to have Last Resort on for that long i would outdamage any DD by a long way, as i would be swinging my scythe quicker then a WAR could swing their great axe, your logic is very flawed in that statement.

Personally i believe DRK is balanced and not the LOLjob compared to what it was 5 years ago, it even has a weapon which can cause 'Death', it has the Apocalypse, and can use many really awesome gear to make it one of the most powerful DD in the game.

If there is anything i would like to change about DRK its the following things:-

Increase the potency of Enfeebling and elemental magic, i have noticed that they increased the grades on both of these, and a level 90 could now have a 341 elemental magic skill, but the casting can take time, maybe an ability which can increase the speed of casting spells for a short time?

This would make DRK able to help with sleeps, it could also mean that DRK could Magic Burst off skillchains easily, therefore increasing damage output.

Of course to be able to use these moves effectively without killing your damage overtime, you would need some fast cast gears, or you could be fighting something which should not be essentially TP'd to death, sometimes DRKs are asked to stand back and cast magic, where usually moves like Absorbs, Drains and Stun can be helpful, being able to cast a strong elemental magic or a potent sleep would be very useful in those situations.

I believe also that DRK should get some type of move which can buff the party, WAR has warcry, THF has conspirator, DRK could also have a move which could increase attack speed? Or give an Attack boost or Critical hit increase? there are many different options which could be used in that kind of ability, and it would be a quick move which would essentially help your damage and the parties.

Recently they added Nether Void to DRK, pair that off with Dark Seal and you can cast a super strong, and very hard to resist dark magic spell, whether thats an absorb or a drain, its going to land and its going to hurt the mob.

These are my last words on this post, it seems like you are unhappy that DRK is not essentially a job like WAR or MNK, which are pure melee jobs which are supposed to grab a lot of hate in case the tank goes down, DRK is a Heavy DD which is supposed to take off as much as the tank will let them, if you go beyond that, and your not capable of defending, then your not playing it right, hate control is very important to the DRK job, and it may seem like WAR or MNK might take off slightly more over time, but they do not have the luxury to cure themselves as easily as a DRK, or use other magic spells.
DRK is the expert of Dark magic, BLMs are jealous they did not get Aspir II and DRK did, its difficult to run out of MP if your facing a mob you can aspir off now, you can essentially cast as many spells as you want, as Aspir II is very strong and only 5 mp to cast.
Please read my post carefully and understand, DRK is balanced and awesome, i love DRK and i always will, and being a high level one for as long as i have, i have no problems with the job and enjoy it more then any other job, and if i stick my party flag up now as a 90 DRK, i will get an invite pretty quickly, as majority of players know just how awesome we are :)

Do not read my words like i am trying to blast you, QQ you (whatever that means), i am not a troll, i just love my job whenever i do play FFXI, and Squareenix have gone a great job with it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-10 07:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also just talked to my father about this, who also has a 90 DRK, he agreed that your statements are incorrect, and also gave his own suggestions.

Drainga and Aspirga, these could be new moves specific to the job, and would let the DRK drain from the mob and let the surrounding party members reap the benefits from it.

And one from me, which i did see on a picture, i thought SE was going to release this in previous updates, but they may be saving it for 90+

Stunga, this could be a nice move if you got a bunch of mobs surrounding you and the party, this would have to be used wisely though as you do not want to gain hate from all these and essentially get beaten up on, probably best to use this kind of move when dread spikes is up.

I still disagree though that if drk got stunga, stun will not be the primary role of the job, and any drk who would waste his time casting stun and stunga every time they are up, would be a less effective DD.
By Artemicion 2011-01-10 07:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I dunno if this is possible within game mechanics but, I always thought due to the nature of DRK's high delay weapons, if spellcasting could not act as a secondary delay that stacks with weapon delay.

So if a spell takes a few seconds to cast, those seconds taken to cast will count towards the delay needed for your next swing.

Any input on my silly idea here?
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-10 07:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Also just talked to my father about this, who also has a 90 DRK, he agreed that your statements are incorrect, and also gave his own suggestions.

Drainga and Aspirga, these could be new moves specific to the job, and would let the DRK drain from the mob and let the surrounding party members reap the benefits from it.

And one from me, which i did see on a picture, i thought SE was going to release this in previous updates, but they may be saving it for 90+

Stunga, this could be a nice move if you got a bunch of mobs surrounding you and the party, this would have to be used wisely though as you do not want to gain hate from all these and essentially get beaten up on, probably best to use this kind of move when dread spikes is up.

I still disagree though that if drk got stunga, stun will not be the primary role of the job, and any drk who would waste his time casting stun and stunga every time they are up, would be a less effective DD.

Can be done with a BLM/SCH or SCH/DRK or BLM

Only thing it won't do is give the drain/aspir effect to party.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-10 07:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That is actually not a bad idea, although would that be fair on BLU RDM or any other job which could essentially melee and use magic, they would complain at the fact that DRK got that and they did not, also im not exactly sure if game mechanics could allow it, its a good idea but it would be hard to implement and also keep fair to other jobs.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-01-10 07:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

They also hold a contest to see which one is the worst, and it just so happens that one about DRK inflicting terror was nominated.

Nightfall

Just sayin'.

Yeah, it lasts for 1 minute a proc too.
And totally swings once every 3 minutes.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-10 07:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Artemicion said:

Any input on my silly idea here?

I like that idea.

That's how I originally though delay worked before I played the game.

I'd like it, it would make DRK be able to tack on dmg between slices, and even make the Magic to TP trait have use.

If the spell cast takes longer than the delay would, then as soon as the spell is cast you should hit the mob.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-10 07:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes my father said that it would not be so bad if sch or blm got those moves too, seen as they can use dark magic, at the same time though it would need to be more effective on a DRK.

I reckon BLM and SCH will be wanting a new aspir move badly soon, specially when they get to 90+ so i cannot see why not.
By Artemicion 2011-01-10 07:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to see Great Sword make a huge comeback.
Unless it already has beyond my knowledge >.>
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-10 07:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Yes my father said that it would not be so bad if sch or blm got those moves too, seen as they can use dark magic, at the same time though it would need to be more effective on a DRK.

I reckon BLM and SCH will be wanting a new aspir move badly soon, specially when they get to 90+ so i cannot see why not.

SCH wont get one as they have Sublimation.

BLM has Aspir and Aspir II, with DRK's being the masters of Dark Magic, BLM should get no more.

If they were to get anything magical, IMO, DRK's should get more exclusive Dark Magic, what they may be. I have no idea.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-10 07:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I'd love to see Great Sword make a huge comeback.
Unless it already has beyond my knowledge >.>

I think it has, the GS emp ws is better iirc.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-10 07:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i thought about Great Sword too, it seems like one of those weapons in the game which people dont use, its a secondary weapon to any job which can use it.

They should just increase the grade of the GS to the same as the scythe, so DRKs can pick which path they wish to follow.

Then again though, Scythe has always been the main weapon of DRK, and also makes them look more fearsome, would it be right to take that away?

Also i did not know BLM got aspir II, just looked it up though and they get it at 83, guess they got their wish after all.

Its true though that DRK should get magic exclusive to them, apart from Endark Dread spikes and the absorb spells.

Maybe give them a stronger arsenal of absorb spells at 90+? Along with possibly Dread Spikes II and Drain III, Aspir III? Could be fun :P
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-10 12:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
I have not taken the time to read every single post, only the first one. I absolutely love DRK to bits, its the only reason nowadays why i even come online, is to play DRK and get better gears for it, however i am going to offer my feedback on this. DRK does not need a move like Terror in order to be great, they already are for a number of reasons. Before the new level expansions, DRKs where used very often, not just for standard melee, but for pure Zerg fights, like Dynamis Lord and HNMs, the only time i would say that DRK was really not used, was before Aht Urhgan came out, we had no dread spikes, no drain II, souleater killed us off easy if not used right, DRK was pretty much the LOLjob of FFXI at that time, and i seeked for a party once for over a week (at level 45) and didnt get a party. When i finally did get a party, i made sure i perform as best as i could, back in them days it was worthwhile to show how good you was so you will get invited back, and in those days often i could surprise people as they expected DRK to be so weak, and i was just there to fill in the last spot in the party. Since Aht Urhgan came out, DRKs get used a lot more, and this leads me onto one very important thing. Anyone who ever tells me, 'DRK is only good for stun' feels the wrath from me, i will tell them they are stupidly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and they have no idea, usually this person has never played DRK, or has 10 75s and DRK was probably their 9th job or something.... I could go on about what DRK can do which is different to any other job, but this post would be so much longer then its going to be, so ill leave it out for now. In terms of balance i cannot possibly see why you still believe DRK is not balanced, lets see the statements you have made and explain why they are wrong. PATH 1: TERROR In terms of lore, Dark Knight is a job that is expected to impose fear. In terms of game mechanics, the Dark Knight's most demanded specialty is the ability to Stun enemies. While this is a legitimate and proper role, the only method available to Dark Knight to accomplish this role is the spell, Stun. Not only is this spell not unique to Dark Knight, it is also available from sub jobs. In addition, Dark Knight does not excel at stunning, a stun from a Dark Knight is no better than any other stun. Weapon Bash, with its 5:00 recast is not noteworthy in this scheme. Ok let me understand this right, DRK RDM BLM BLU and many other jobs can stun, but guess what, all those jobs can cast enfeebling and elemental magic, Stun has never been a DRK only trait, and you seem to want Stun to be the main focus of DRK over the rest. If a DRK spent half his time stunning mobs, how is it going to be a good DD? Should this not be left to the mages who are stood back and have a ton of MP? Personally i do not always cast stun every single time its up as DRK does not have a ton of MP like other jobs, and i would rather save the MP for other spells like Drain, Drain II, Absorbs, Endark and Dread Spikes. I do use stun though, i have saved parties lives with stun, i have had a full alliance thank me for saving them from a devastating move just because i stunned it in time, i would see a newbie getting chased by quadavs in gustaberg, and guess what saves them? Stun. But in all honesty, if you are hasted and have a good haste build, stun comes around again pretty quickly you know. SO my last words on Stun, i like it how it is, if they were to upgrade stun, then possibly make the recast slightly shorter, or make the stun more potent and less likely to resist over time, but i strongly disagree with this statement >>> What I propose, as an individual who has been a FFXI subscriber for the better part of 7 years, is that this becomes the primary role of the Dark Knight. No Thanks! When it comes to this new move you propose called Fear, although i like the concept that mobs should fear DRK, having DRK being able to use a move as strong as Terror, this is the description of Terror. Terror is a harmful status effect that freezes a character to the spot, immobile with fear, until it wears off. Characters affected by Terror cannot move, attack, cast spells, or use job abilities for a short period of time, similar to Sleep This is like, sleeping the mob, and your still able to hit it and cast magic on it? How exactly is that balanced? And how exactly would that work against NMs? Once again you claim you want DRK to be a better DD, but your asking for moves which would slow down your damage over time. This next statement i also really do not like, and its extremely wrong to say this.... What I will address, however, is what seems to be the most overlooked and blatantly broken ability in the game; Souleater. This is obviously the Dark Knight's defining ability, but it is plainly impractical to utilize within the game's mechanics Do you even play DRK properly!? Now i do not mean to come across like i hate you for this statement, as your entitled to your opinion, but i have used Souleater hundreds if not thousands of times, and i love the move, if used properly its completely devastating and fun to use. First of all, during zergs, Souleater and Blood Weapon was a big reason why anyone could beat Dynamis Lord and HNMs back in the day (no offense to other jobs, but if you was a DRK with a KC, your coming on that to the fight) and also i used to outdamage the majority of DD because of moves like last resort and souleater on my way to 75. 'Another thing to consider would be a simple job trait (again, working on the lore of an imposing and feared Dark Knight) that reduces the enemies desire (or enmity) towards the Dark Knight either overall, or when the player inflicts large amounts of damage. Maybe this trait could activate when the Dark Knight deals a large amount of damage in a short amount of time, and cause the enemy to lose all enmity on the Dark Knight.' Ever heard of Muted Soul? Its a merit ability which really reduces the enmity gained when using Souleater, also if you use Souleater correctly, you would have Dread Spikes up before using it so you can essentially tank the mob, or you would use Souleater in the last 10-30% of the mobs HP so it does not end up eating you alive. Having a macro warning mages of your souleater is good too, they will see you lost some HP, and therefore can cure you, if you feel like your going to die because of this constant souleater there is one very important thing to do, turn it off! I usually turn souleater off just after my weapon skill, as normal hits on souleater is not going to gain so much more damage unless your willing to drain and drain II your HP back that you lost(you also do not want to become a MP sponge to ur mages), if your a DRK who always keeps Souleater for the full duration (unless you 2 hour), then your not using the move properly. 'It seems very wrong that the Dark Knight job can not be considered a serious melee threat. That jobs like Ninja or even Dancer can be considered more capable of melee damage is extremely unfair to Dark Knights and entirely unbalanced. ' What!!!??? My THF can outdamage NINs and DNCs, i have never ever seen a NIN or DNC outdamage my DRK, and if they outdamage yours... then i am confused. But one problem that is very apparent most players is the inadequacy of the Last Resort ability. This ability should be at least on par with the Warrior ability Berserk, and offer Dark Knight's a longer buff than what it currently allows. The downtime on Last Resort (recast - duration) should be *much* shorter, and a duration of 1:30 or 2:00 seems a lot more reasonable than what it currently is. Ever heard of Merits? Group 1 merits can reduce the recast of Last Resort, it can also increase the attack of Last Resort, also the Group 2 Merit, Desperate Blows (every DRK should have this on 5) reduces the delay of your 2 handed weapons during Last resort, how on earth can you possibly say that Last Resort is not good enough? If we were allowed to have Last Resort on for that long i would outdamage any DD by a long way, as i would be swinging my scythe quicker then a WAR could swing their great axe, your logic is very flawed in that statement. Personally i believe DRK is balanced and not the LOLjob compared to what it was 5 years ago, it even has a weapon which can cause 'Death', it has the Apocalypse, and can use many really awesome gear to make it one of the most powerful DD in the game. If there is anything i would like to change about DRK its the following things:- Increase the potency of Enfeebling and elemental magic, i have noticed that they increased the grades on both of these, and a level 90 could now have a 341 elemental magic skill, but the casting can take time, maybe an ability which can increase the speed of casting spells for a short time? This would make DRK able to help with sleeps, it could also mean that DRK could Magic Burst off skillchains easily, therefore increasing damage output. Of course to be able to use these moves effectively without killing your damage overtime, you would need some fast cast gears, or you could be fighting something which should not be essentially TP'd to death, sometimes DRKs are asked to stand back and cast magic, where usually moves like Absorbs, Drains and Stun can be helpful, being able to cast a strong elemental magic or a potent sleep would be very useful in those situations. I believe also that DRK should get some type of move which can buff the party, WAR has warcry, THF has conspirator, DRK could also have a move which could increase attack speed? Or give an Attack boost or Critical hit increase? there are many different options which could be used in that kind of ability, and it would be a quick move which would essentially help your damage and the parties. Recently they added Nether Void to DRK, pair that off with Dark Seal and you can cast a super strong, and very hard to resist dark magic spell, whether thats an absorb or a drain, its going to land and its going to hurt the mob. These are my last words on this post, it seems like you are unhappy that DRK is not essentially a job like WAR or MNK, which are pure melee jobs which are supposed to grab a lot of hate in case the tank goes down, DRK is a Heavy DD which is supposed to take off as much as the tank will let them, if you go beyond that, and your not capable of defending, then your not playing it right, hate control is very important to the DRK job, and it may seem like WAR or MNK might take off slightly more over time, but they do not have the luxury to cure themselves as easily as a DRK, or use other magic spells. DRK is the expert of Dark magic, BLMs are jealous they did not get Aspir II and DRK did, its difficult to run out of MP if your facing a mob you can aspir off now, you can essentially cast as many spells as you want, as Aspir II is very strong and only 5 mp to cast. Please read my post carefully and understand, DRK is balanced and awesome, i love DRK and i always will, and being a high level one for as long as i have, i have no problems with the job and enjoy it more then any other job, and if i stick my party flag up now as a 90 DRK, i will get an invite pretty quickly, as majority of players know just how awesome we are :) Do not read my words like i am trying to blast you, QQ you (whatever that means), i am not a troll, i just love my job whenever i do play FFXI, and Squareenix have gone a great job with it.

[+]
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-10 13:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we let this thread die now. >.>
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-10 13:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Jesus that was a HUUUUUUUUUGE wall of text
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-10 15:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, i knew someone would say something very smart and clever there, very funny

I run my own business repairing computers, and i have worked on many projects, and personal stories which meant i have learned how to write fast and in detail, is there a problem with me leaving feedback for this guy? If you do not like reading that much text, then do not read it, simple as

That post was not even long, i have posts in the FF7 PC forum, where i would create posts 5 times the size of that post as feedback for one of the modders, i guess people on this forum cant handle it
By Serj 2011-01-10 16:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:

I run my own business repairing computers, and i have worked on many projects, and personal stories which meant i have learned how to write fast and in detail, is there a problem with me leaving feedback for this guy? If you do not like reading that much text, then do not read it, simple as

That post was not even long, i have posts in the FF7 PC forum, where i would create posts 5 times the size of that post as feedback for one of the modders, i guess people on this forum cant handle it

No wonder why you have no friends.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-10 16:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
Yeah, I'm very mad. Wish I had only 5 jobs to care about.
Uh oh, shits gettin fierce, u chekin my page and callin out mah jobs.

Also, you obviously don't care about Warrior, or you wouldn't be using a Vermeil Bhuj still. C WUT I DID THAR?!
Wait so.. who's mad?
Turning childish and idiotic that's for sure.
Calling out your jobs was actually relevant considering you don't have RR.
Once again, why do I bother.

Had to check out your profile when you did the only 5 jobs thing
One question.
Why the *** are you using an adler ring with a bomb core? I'd take someone who can gear ONE job right over someone who fails at gearing 12.

Cerberus.Kylos said:

The reason I personally didn't read it was it had no editing. Not the length. But hey, that's just me. I prefer to read proper english instead of gjlkghalsrkuylaskjdh
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-10 16:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

No wonder why you have no friends.

Way to be a ***.