0/10
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 10:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
I did drop 8% speed for 3% haste actually. Youre not going to outrun anything with 8% that you couldnt with 0%, and you still have fast pants and atma to work with.
Except ya know every mob that runs at normal movement speed...
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 10:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia 3 merits aren't worth it because stuff dies too quickly?

Replace "Dia 3 merits" with "Haste" and re-evaluate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-22 10:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ignore him..
Those who dont want to understand never will.
 Siren.Mithradee
Server: Siren
user: Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2011-03-22 10:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Little lost on your meaning here. Are you comparing Dia 3 and haste to each other?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 10:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, since both increase killspeed. Arguing that Dia3 is not useful because things "die too quickly" is akin to arguing adding more Haste (and/or better gear) isn't useful because things "die too quickly".
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-22 10:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mithradee said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Dia 3 merits aren't worth it because stuff dies too quickly? Replace "Dia 3 merits" with "Haste" and re-evaluate.
Little lost on your meaning here. Are you comparing Dia 3 and haste to each other?
If you are killing "so quickly" then DD's don't need haste.
 Siren.Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2011-03-22 10:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I said it is not useful in Xp parties as the mobs should be dieing to quickly for you to have to worry about it. I left out the zerg and big number ones because well it can still be used for those.

There are a few things you should be looking at if you are worried so much about your 5% def down over Dia 2. 1. get better DD. 2. Nuke more. Hell both of those will do more for you then the 15% from Dia 1-3. And if your Dia 3 is adding 3k dmg per mob then I am missing something somewhere. Of coarse we are still talking about xp parties here so you remember.

Edit: I did not mention any other types of fights because I could argue with my self on that one since each person does different things. But if you want to argue it about xp I will more then be happy to here your thoughts on the subject.
 Siren.Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2011-03-22 11:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
Why are we framing arguments that dont exist? You can choose Dia III or you can choose Slow III. You can choose 8% speed or 3% haste.

Slow II*
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 11:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mithradee said:
There are a few things you should be looking at if you are worried so much about your 5% def down over Dia 2. 1. get better DD. 2. Nuke more. Hell both of those will do more for you then the 15% from Dia 1-3. And if your Dia 3 is adding 3k dmg per mob then I am missing something somewhere. Of coarse we are still talking about xp parties here so you remember.

1. a DD with Dia3 on the mob IS a better DD, by >5% damage in attack uncapped situations.
2. How does Dia3 prevent you from nuking?

Exp parties are perhaps where Dia3 shines the least aside from pure magic damage kills and it is still more useful than taking Para or Slow to 5/5.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-22 11:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
I did drop 8% speed for 3% haste actually. Youre not going to outrun anything with 8% that you couldnt with 0%, and you still have fast pants and atma to work with.
This is silly. In this thread 8% is not quicker than something that walks with no movement speed.
Kin37ix said:
Why are we framing arguments that dont exist? You can choose Dia III or you can choose Slow III. You can choose 8% speed or 3% haste.
Huh?
 Phoenix.Maquis
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Maquis 2011-03-22 11:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have put phalanx II at 5/5 on my mule for when I FC on WAR on my main.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 11:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I used 8% legs for awhile and it was a dramatic difference.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 11:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are serious about soloing there is no choice it's movement speed unless you already have wlegs.

It's the difference between being able to kite something without grav/bind or terrian and not being able to
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-22 11:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
This is silly. In this thread 8% is not quicker than something that walks with no movement speed.
That's true, but it takes a long time for 8% to get you out of melee range, after you nuke, or buff, or whatever. You would have to try it to understand, It's almost not worth it, especially when you are trading 3% haste for it.
I couldn't disagree more really. I noticed 8% instantly and I never stopped noticing a difference. I now have W.legs for Rdm but use 8% on whm (Not as much now with Dune Boots) blm and sch.

Depends what you do but I would rather 8% movement over 3% haste.

Can't you cap haste on rdm without 3% on legs now?
 Siren.Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2011-03-22 11:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Siren.Mithradee said:

1. a DD with Dia3 on the mob IS a better DD, by >5% damage in attack uncapped situations.
2. How does Dia3 prevent you from nuking?

Exp parties are perhaps where Dia3 shines the least aside from pure magic damage kills and it is still more useful than taking Para or Slow to 5/5.

I will say on #2 if you have time to Dia 3 the mob that the dd are headed for then get a nuke off you should really get some new dds. Cause in my experience when I cast anything other then a nuke on a mob 100% it dies before I get another spell off.

# 1 uncapped situations where you are zerging or need more dmg outside of xp I will not disagree with you on. But again I am keeping this xp only situations as that was what I had talked about. In xp (with good DD) you should have time to get off one nuke or a cure or something of that sort and the mob dies. If you are casting Dia 3 on every single mob at 90-100% hp and getting a nuke off before its dead then congratulations? Just all goes back to my get better DD thing and think I have made that point enough now.

Now bringing in slow/para merits I personally did those for nm fights since with a good potency set and max merits they can be very nice. But they really are not something I use for xp.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 11:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

[+]
 Siren.Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2011-03-22 11:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone did the math on 8% vs 12% movement speed if I could remember where to find it. The difference was not huge when running from a normal speed mob if i remember correctly. And people have talked about how it works fine so I say if you do not have 12% why not.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 11:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 11:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had the 8% for my mages for a long time. Can honestly say it isn't a huge deal vs 12%. This is using it on rdm in addition to w legs. I had a macro that swapped me into PDT(had pdt and move on legs) and then w legs and it wasn't that big of a difference. Stop responding to that toad, really lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 11:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe movement speed takes time to proc too?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-22 11:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-22 11:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That thread was incredible.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 11:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
That thread was incredible.
Well kinda sucked at first... but that kind of win takes time to proc
 Siren.Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2011-03-22 11:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Maybe movement speed takes time to proc too?

The person that did the math did it by steps it takes your character to get out of melee range which I found pretty funny at the time.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7