Phalanx II merits
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-22 11:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said:
Things die too quickly, things need !! proc, we have Dia II, and we lose points in other stuff if we choose lol Dia III.

An extra 4% Slow isn't exactly groundbreaking, throughout the course of a fight it'll save maybe a handful or two of shihei. The same can be said for Paralyze.
I don't find Phalanx useless either, FC burns for one, and as a MNK the only real "defense" you can have is PDT/Phalanx due to Counterstance. Dia 3 is quite useful for a lot of Heroes NMs/parties with too many lower levels since they have rather high defense, and benefits every DD not capping pdif.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-22 11:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Dasva is trying to make a Haste proc v2.0 thread.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 12:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Lol Dasva is trying to make a Haste proc v2.0 thread.
Yeah but it doesn't appear to be proccing. I guess my skills are more along the lines of occasionally procs
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 12:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Give it time.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 12:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To proc
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-23 09:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
I couldn't disagree more really. I noticed 8% instantly and I never stopped noticing a difference. I now have W.legs for Rdm but use 8% on whm (Not as much now with Dune Boots) blm and sch.

Depends what you do but I would rather 8% movement over 3% haste.

Can't you cap haste on rdm without 3% on legs now?
8% movement > none is certainly a fact, unless you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
If you don't need it (because of having w.legs or not doing anything where you have to make distance to the mob) that's a different story.

And yes, you can cap haste on rdm now with zelus tiara but its still hard to get most of the items. The only reason where you would "need" ASA pants is when you don't/didn't do limbus at all.

Personally, I would take ASA pants with 3% haste and go for w.legs for kiting situations, since getting all the items for your haste-cap is hard enough on rdm, unless you have a shell shoving them all up your ***, that is.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 09:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM can't use blitz. And there are no options in Limbus for RDM haste, that aren't trumped by out of limbus gear.

edit: besides the legs(Which we were already talking about 3% legs.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-23 09:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
RDM can't use blitz. And there are no options in Limbus for RDM haste, that aren't trumped by out of limbus gear.

edit: besides the legs(Which we were already talking about 3% legs.
No they can't. :/ My bad!

EDIT: And yes there are only 2 options in the whole game for rdm to get haste in the leg spot and that being nashira pants and ASA pants, if I'm not completely mistaken. :x
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-23 09:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelus-8
Goliard-4
Goading-5
Dusk Hands/+1-3/4
Dusk Feet/+1-2/3
Total: 22/24

So, Nashira is only good if you can afford +1 Dusk gear.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-03-23 10:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Zelus-8
Goliard-4
Goading-5
Dusk Hands/+1-3/4
Dusk Feet/+1-2/3
Total: 22/24

So, Nashira is only good if you can afford +1 Dusk gear.
It's not about what's good or bad, it's about what items you can actually get. I don't know why you even do the count, you NEED either pants in any case.
Certainly, you can switch around a little with belts and legs, depending on if you get HQ or NQ for hands/feet.

If you are using ASA legs for a different job, you HAVE TO get nashira for haste cap, no way around it.
If you don't do limbus or can't buy nashira legs, you HAVE TO get ASA pants.

Anyway.. Zelus tiara is hard enough to get your hands on, not to mention dusk HQs, so it's all a pain in the ***.. Unless, like I said, you have shell getting you all of this or you have enough buddies to help you out. :D
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7