THF90 evasions
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2011-01-04 16:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is an evasion build I am working on. Any suggestions for improvement? Assume the Kilas are +AGI/evasion. Thanks!

Edit: Title is supposed to read "THF90 evasion set", but I'm sure you all got that.
[+]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-01-04 16:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If going for more perfect you'd want Emp+2 Feet, Alcide's Harness(+1) Body and the new evasion earring I forget the name of that is +7 and starts with Ph? Otherwise it seems nice.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-04 16:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Raider's Poulaines +2
[+]
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-01-04 16:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some 'situational' pieces which could also be beneficial. For example, a HQ melody earring if you're going with a bard is useful. However, presuming that you are soloing, the set is a generally sound 'quick' build.

There may be some slightly more challenging items you could aim for, AF3+2 boots being one significant increase. These should also be rather simple to finish with a few friends or shout groups if you work on getting the triggers (there is always someone who needs MM).

Unfortunately, I'm no thf - hopefully others will have more direct suggestions. Best of luck.

Edit: Apparently I'm a slow typer...
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-04 17:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also You are probably over doing it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2011-01-04 17:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Would even the Raider's Poulaines +1 be better than the +evasion skill boots?
[+]
 Alexander.Zykei
Server: Alexander
user: Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2011-01-04 17:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2011-01-04 17:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aydogan said:
Would even the Raider's Poulaines +1 be better than the +evasion skill boots?
Not only does AGI give an Eva boost, since the last update it gives Subtle Blow boost depending on how much AGI you have so, agi would be more beneficial.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-04 17:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11626/torero-torque

I'm hoping to get one of these eventually to replace evasion torque
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-04 19:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11626/torero-torque

I'm hoping to get one of these eventually to replace evasion torque

I Lost lot no that the other day.

Drops from that Dumb Omega in uleg :\
[+]
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-04 21:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

heres my build works quite well

[+]
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2011-01-05 00:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

wat was the difference between 'evasion' and 'evasion skill' again?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neraya
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2011-01-05 10:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently loosing interest in this set recently. I have almost capped eva solo / tank some things inside of Abyssea and see that my evasion is already high enough without any evasion gear on.

Am I the only one to "think" that we gain an new Evasion Bonus Tier (would be V) ? Like DRK got their Attack bonus and PLD Defense bonus.

There's some time I can't explain why I evade that much.

*edit*

So I'm more looking toward Subtle Blow / AGI.
Well recently, evasion gear offer also Subtle Blow, so no reason to not use it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 10:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've started tanking thf a bit lately. And granted it's mostly T1-2 NMs but I tend to evade just fine without slow/haste usually just using ichi unless it uses a tp move. And that's in full DD gear minus the 1-2 trial evasion daggers. And that's using full DD atmas usually though GH does help evasion a little. Occasionally I might set a evasion atma
 Diabolos.Megatron
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-01-05 11:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Winterlight said:

Skill > evasion . but acording to what ive read.

for every 2 Agi = 1 evasion skill
for every 3 points of evasion gear = 1 point of evasion skill

while only evasion skill gear will change the actual numbers in the combat area of your menues. the rest is sort of a evasion skill modafier. aslo there is a evasion cap.

it is diffrent mob to mob but no matter how much evasion gear or stats you have you will stil lcap at a 80/20 ratio. 80% of the time it will miss you and 20% it will hit you easilly proven by going ands argoing a lvl 1 mob it will hit you for nothign but it will hit you.

so evasion skill gear vs evasion gear. get the evasion skill stuff first.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-05 21:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Megatron said:
Fairy.Winterlight said:

while only evasion skill gear will change the actual numbers in the combat area of your menues. the rest is sort of a evasion skill modafier. aslo there is a evasion cap.

it is diffrent mob to mob but no matter how much evasion gear or stats you have you will stil lcap at a 80/20 ratio. 80% of the time it will miss you and 20% it will hit you easilly proven by going ands argoing a lvl 1 mob it will hit you for nothign but it will hit you.

As far as I've known or been told, 2AGI ~ 1EVA the same way 2DEX ~ 1Acc (for 1 handers) and 2STR ~ 1 Attack, 2VIT ~ 1DEF, 2INT ~ 1MATK(roughly) etc etc.

Evasion Skill is like Combat Skills, I.E: usually equating to ~1acc/atk for their related skill changing slightly at higher skills.

Where as Evasion Skill roughly equates to ~1EVA against Physical attacks.

I've never heard your analogy of 3 Evasion = 1 Evasion Skill or 2AGI = 1 Evasion skill, and would at least like you to maybe provide some links or sources where you got this information? I'm curious as to these tests, cause it would mean a lot of people would need to seriously rework their EVA builds.

Items like Evasion Torque would be giving theoretically ~21 Evasion, making the Torero torque worthless except for Subtle Blow, Items like Boxers mantle giving ~30 Evasion, etc.

Just seems off.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-05 21:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually seen alot of theories on evasion, evasion skill and agi. None of which I think got proven. One of the more intersting ones I saw was that evasion and evasion skill as a graph and vs evade rate. Basically both of them curved to show they added less and less to evade rate. Here was the interesting thing though agi modified the evasion graph somehow to make it better basically so that depending on agi given the same evade rate evasion could be better or worse than evasion skill.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-05 21:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I've actually seen alot of theories on evasion, evasion skill and agi. None of which I think got proven. One of the more intersting ones I saw was that evasion and evasion skill as a graph and vs evade rate. Basically both of them curved to show they added less and less to evade rate. Here was the interesting thing though agi modified the evasion graph somehow to make it better basically so that depending on agi given the same evade rate evasion could be better or worse than evasion skill.

While I agree I'm likely citing the most dumbed-down understanding of how AGI/EVA works.

2AGI = 1 Skill
1 Skill = 3 EVA

just seems off to me. I just hope he saved these tests or book-marked the page or something so i can read over it too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard 2011-01-05 21:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Diabolos.Megatron said:
Fairy.Winterlight said:

As far as I've known or been told, 2AGI ~ 1EVA the same way 2DEX ~ 1Acc (for 1 handers) and 2STR ~ 1 Attack, 2VIT ~ 1DEF, 2INT ~ 1MATK(roughly) etc etc.

Evasion Skill is like Combat Skills, I.E: usually equating to ~1acc/atk for their related skill changing slightly at higher skills.

I've never heard your analogy of 3 Evasion = 1 Evasion Skill or 2AGI = 1 Evasion skill, and would at least like you to maybe provide some links or sources where you got this information? I'm curious as to these tests, cause it would mean a lot of people would need to seriously rework their EVA builds.

Items like Evasion Torque would be giving theoretically ~21 Evasion, making the Torero torque worthless except for Subtle Blow, Items like Boxers mantle giving ~30 Evasion, etc.

Just seems off.

Not that I have any idea on these things, but as I read that.. I thought it meant that 3 evasion would be as good as adding one skill.. not that it was literal as you're making it.

edit: nvm.. reading comprehension failure.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-01-05 21:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Diabolos.Megatron said:
Fairy.Winterlight said:

Just seems off.

Wiki said:

Evasion is directly affected by a character's evasion skill and AGI. For every two points of AGI a character has, their evasion is raised by one point.

According to that, the way its worded, a piece of gear with AGI+2 is the same as something with evasion+1
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-05 21:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's like, Exactly what i said, Are you agreeing with me or attempting to point out something I said >.>?
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-05 21:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

he said 3 Evasion = 1 Evasion Skill is pretty basic.

I just assumed that would mean, simply, 1 Evasion Skill = 3 Evasion. Meaning 10 Evasion Skill = 30 Evasion.

How is that too literal =.=a its exactly what he said.

Edit: Maybe i should add qualifier words like "Equivalent" like... "Items like Boxer's mantle would theoretically give the Equivalent of an Item with +30 EVA"

Making it seem like "If this theory was correct that ~3 EVA was worth about as much as 1 Skill items with Evasion Skill would be worth almost 3 times their point value in normal Evasion".
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-01-05 21:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I`m agreeing with you lol, idk why I quoted wiki, guess I'm just bored
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-05 21:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
I`m agreeing with you lol, idk why I quoted wiki, guess I'm just bored

Makes sense, actually. I still hold hopes this man will provide the information where he got this conclusion.

It would mean I might need to rethink my Evasion build if it proved to be true.
[+]
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-01-06 01:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What about thf tankning atma? wht do u use?
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-01-06 01:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Peresonally when solo/duo'ing on THF or DNC. I evade tank in TP/Haste gear and use Atma of Cloak and Dagger. Just enough for me on most NMs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Serj 2011-01-06 01:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Diabolos.Megatron said:

Yeah, no.
By Pooman 2011-01-06 02:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neraya said:
I'm currently loosing interest in this set recently. I have almost capped eva solo / tank some things inside of Abyssea and see that my evasion is already high enough without any evasion gear on.

Am I the only one to "think" that we gain an new Evasion Bonus Tier (would be V) ? Like DRK got their Attack bonus and PLD Defense bonus.

There's some time I can't explain why I evade that much.

*edit*

So I'm more looking toward Subtle Blow / AGI.
Well recently, evasion gear offer also Subtle Blow, so no reason to not use it.

Actually, I was also thinking we may have got a new evasion bonus tier. I have capped evasion on my thief, but it just seems like I shouldn't be evading as much as I do. I don't even bother with some of my evasion gear sometimes and it's still more than enough against most nms I tank.
First Page 2 3