Gilgamesh.Fulgore
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: fulgore
By Gilgamesh.Fulgore 2009-02-27 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Noaratem said:
Smurfo said:
I dunno, honestly the only heca piece i see as a huge bonus to have on WS would be the cap.

expecially if you own a subligar +1 as i do, the 22 attk and DEX on it is sweet

yeah cause other piece +1 doesn't give + 1 DEX ? osnap those +2 attack gonna make you a god.

/epeen moment off
 Gilgamesh.Noaratem
user: Metaraon
By Gilgamesh.Noaratem 2009-02-27 14:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fulgore said:
Noaratem said:
Smurfo said:
I dunno, honestly the only heca piece i see as a huge bonus to have on WS would be the cap.

yeah cause other piece +1 doesn't give + 1 DEX ? osnap those +2 attack gonna make you a god.

/epeen moment off

LOL Fckin right! :p
I had a feeling you would find this xD
But Honestly tho, can u even believe some of these posts, i mean cmon, TPin in Heca lol
It shouldnt even be a question, Actually...... it shouldnt even be thought of!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-27 15:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fulgore said:
Noaratem said:
Smurfo said:

/epeen moment off

<3 Fulgore lol
 Gilgamesh.Fulgore
By Gilgamesh.Fulgore 2009-02-28 17:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Noaratem said:
Fulgore said:
Noaratem said:
Smurfo said:

/epeen moment off

But Honestly tho, can u even believe some of these posts, i mean cmon, TPin in Heca lol

you should have saw me killing niddy today heca full time !
 Gilgamesh.Noaratem
user: Metaraon
By Gilgamesh.Noaratem 2009-02-28 17:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fulgore said:
Noaratem said:
Fulgore said:
Noaratem said:
Smurfo said:

/epeen moment off

xD
Awesome lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-28 19:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Noaratem said:
Fulgore said:
Noaratem said:
Fulgore said:
Noaratem said:
Smurfo said:

/epeen moment off

xD
Awesome lol
Actually... If you're fighting something that you don't want to feed a lot of tp to... /prepares to be flamed... Then TP'ing in heca isn't such a bad idea. It'll give a pretty significant boost to your melee damage, and slow down your swings ridiculously, giving extremely low tp to the mob. >.>
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-28 20:07:17
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Actually... If you're fighting something that you don't want to feed a lot of tp to... /prepares to be flamed... Then TP'ing in heca isn't such a bad idea. It'll give a pretty significant boost to your melee damage, and slow down your swings ridiculously, giving extremely low tp to the mob. >.>

In theory that's not a bad idea. Unfortunately it will only affect TP gained gained over time to the mob. The only thing that lowers TP given to the mob is Subtle Blow, which in my opinion is a highly underestimated bonus. The only real downside is very few jobs contain the trait and the gear selection to use it is equally limited.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-28 20:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Blazza said:

In theory that's not a bad idea. Unfortunately it will only affect TP gained gained over time to the mob. The only thing that lowers TP given to the mob is Subtle Blow, which in my opinion is a highly underestimated bonus. The only real downside is very few jobs contain the trait and the gear selection to use it is equally limited.
They're kinda one and the same. Subtle Blow allows you (MNK's especially I think) to continue a normal rate of damage while feeding less tp, wearing heca slows down your hits, but increases each hits damage to feed less tp. There's no reason you couldn't use cor subtle blow roll to this as well. Besides, the whole reason you want to slow down mob tp gain is so that you can effectively recover from each tp move in time for the next. I'm not actually going to bother trying this method for myself, because I think the amount it slows damage down would be kinda ludicrous. My only point was that it's not as totally inconceivable an idea as it may sound.
 Gilgamesh.Fulgore
By Gilgamesh.Fulgore 2009-02-28 21:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Blazza said:

actually i turn back when i got tp, and screw you cause i lol'ed so hard i woke up my daughter
 Sylph.Lalo
Server: Sylph
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-02-28 22:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Ok I'm curious on what jobs are actually worth having the Hecatomb Harness? What would it be for, as in weaponskill only?

So this was the question.....

Usually most players use this Heca set for WS, especially for HNMs and gods because the DDs need to have a lot of str to break the vit of the mob or get it about even. This is mainly true on thf. The Hecatomb Harness is worth getting to make a lot of damage with your ws, however, you do NOT tp with this piece. Haste + Haste gear will return more tp than str+ or slow+. The only thing that affects tp gain is the delay on your weapon, thus why hornetneedle gives 5 TP and a tathanos baselard gives 6-7 tp.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-01 15:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Artemicion said:
Blazza said:

They're kinda one and the same. Subtle Blow allows you (MNK's especially I think) to continue a normal rate of damage while feeding less tp, wearing heca slows down your hits, but increases each hits damage to feed less tp. There's no reason you couldn't use cor subtle blow roll to this as well. Besides, the whole reason you want to slow down mob tp gain is so that you can effectively recover from each tp move in time for the next. I'm not actually going to bother trying this method for myself, because I think the amount it slows damage down would be kinda ludicrous. My only point was that it's not as totally inconceivable an idea as it may sound.

Sub Sam tp feeding fixed.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-02 06:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Blazza said:
Artemicion said:
Blazza said:

tank fail
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-02 06:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

Idk why this confuses me. Is there something I'm not getting?

SAM doesn't have Subtle Blow trait so why would that even help? SAM sub would just make you WS more often which (For multihit WSs) would give the mob a crap ton of TP (30~ TP from a four-hit WS).
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-02 06:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Frobeus said:

Idk why this confuses me. Is there something I'm not getting?

SAM doesn't have Subtle Blow trait so why would that even help? SAM sub would just make you WS more often which (For multihit WSs) would give the mob a crap ton of TP (30~ TP from a four-hit WS).
This one went way over my head too, what?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-02 08:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually the reason that you want to avoid feeding tp is because you are fighting a mob with particularly nasty tp moves, ie Khimira, and while troublesome for the tanks, the real problem is having 5+ squishy DD taking that kind of damage.
Then they become a burden on the mages for both mp consumption for cures/raises and also in enm gain. Now, if you sub sam, your DD now have an alternate way to gain tp that not only feeds 0 tp to said mob, but also keeps them out of the no fun AOE zone. WIN / WIN.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Server: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-02 09:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

Ahhh. Now with a bit of punctuation, or maybe an extra word or two, i'd have got that first time! =p