Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Souleater
Souleater
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-28 18:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic turned so wrong... someone end the nonsense please!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-28 18:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

*sitting here in my chair sipping on a cup of hot chocolate, then i spill it in my lap after reading this...*
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Server: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-11-29 13:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-11-29 14:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Just curious if anyone has tried full timing souleater latley, honestly with all the Huge HP buffs we have(I sit on 2.5k HP), and mages having nearly an infinite supply of MP, I dont see it being an issue anymore. Ive been playing WHM alot more than normal latley and I seriously dont run out of mp ever just spamming the hell out of Cure V. I have 23 Tic refresh when im getting refresh II, even more with Ballads. Plus everytime a WHM cures you you have a temporary Stoneskin. Dunno I think with a competent enough WHM healing you DRK could totally get away with keeping souleater up full time, thats of course assuming your WHM has the proper 15 Tic refresh from Atma. Just wanted to know what others thought about it. Being able to keep souleater up full time would definatley make DRK the monster it was intended to be. But finding a competent enough mage to keep you healed is always an issue as well, good WHM are hard to find with my experience :/ What do other people think? -Gradd

As a lazy whm and unofficial spokeself for all whms I prefer all drks everywhere never use souleater, ever, under any circumstance whatsoever. I can count to 2, which is as high as I need too, to count all of the drks who I ever met that know their job well enought to pull souleater off without taxing my resources and pissing me right the *** off.

No I don't have 15 tic refresh tyvm and even if I did I don't want to spend all gd day spamming cure spells on you so you can do more damage. What makes you think that's my *** job? Souleater is why you gets no invites, you retard. What part of I AM A FAT LAZY *** are you having the hardest time understanding? JFHC! I play video games, then only hobby with less physical exursion/movement is lapsing into a *** coma! Sleeping burns more calories! Stop pissing whms off with your berzerk, souleater, last resort crap or we will just sit there and watch you die!

And yes, yes I am lmfao while I am standing over you as you beg me for a r3, I am stepping on your face on purpose to make you understand I play this game to relax not break a sweat trying to keep you alive. So knock it off, or eat dirt and get teabagged by yours truly.

I am sure you have all kinds of special abilities and buttons you are just dying to try/push, that's what Cape Terrigan is for, go try that crap SOLOING on bunnies and see how they like it. I have enough problems keeping the rest of the alliance alive and the other DDtards from weapon skilling at the wrong times. If we are in abyssea together, ALL OF THE OTHER MAGES ARE AFK. I gotta keep 18 people alive I aint throwing you any Cure VIs to keep your dumb *** upright. /assist "Puller's Name Here" /attack <t> and that's it, engage and then go get a juice box and some goldfish crackers you snot nosed little ***.

Dear grammar nazis, before editing please feel free to ucksay my allbays. I know my grammar sucks. I went to public school in America!

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-29 14:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Just curious if anyone has tried full timing souleater latley, honestly with all the Huge HP buffs we have(I sit on 2.5k HP), and mages having nearly an infinite supply of MP, I dont see it being an issue anymore. Ive been playing WHM alot more than normal latley and I seriously dont run out of mp ever just spamming the hell out of Cure V. I have 23 Tic refresh when im getting refresh II, even more with Ballads. Plus everytime a WHM cures you you have a temporary Stoneskin. Dunno I think with a competent enough WHM healing you DRK could totally get away with keeping souleater up full time, thats of course assuming your WHM has the proper 15 Tic refresh from Atma. Just wanted to know what others thought about it. Being able to keep souleater up full time would definatley make DRK the monster it was intended to be. But finding a competent enough mage to keep you healed is always an issue as well, good WHM are hard to find with my experience :/ What do other people think? -Gradd

As a lazy whm and unofficial spokeself for all whms I prefer all drks everywhere never use souleater, ever, under any circumstance whatsoever. I can count to 2, which is as high as I need too, to count all of the drks who I ever met that know their job well enought to pull souleater off without taxing my resources and pissing me right the *** off.

No I don't have 15 tic refresh tyvm and even if I did I don't want to spend all gd day spamming cure spells on you so you can do more damage. What makes you think that's my *** job? Souleater is why you gets no invites, you retard. What part of I AM A FAT LAZY *** are you having the hardest time understanding? JFHC! I play video games, then only hobby with less physical exursion/movement is lapsing into a *** coma! Sleeping burns more calories! Stop pissing whms off with your berzerk, souleater, last resort crap or we will just sit there and watch you die!

And yes, yes I am lmfao while I am standing over you as you beg me for a r3, I am stepping on your face on purpose to make you understand I play this game to relax not break a sweat trying to keep you alive. So knock it off, or eat dirt and get teabagged by yours truly.

I am sure you have all kinds of special abilities and buttons you are just dying to try/push, that's what Cape Terrigan is for, go try that crap SOLOING on bunnies and see how they like it. I have enough problems keeping the rest of the alliance alive and the other DDtards from weapon skilling at the wrong times. If we are in abyssea together, ALL OF THE OTHER MAGES ARE AFK. I gotta keep 18 people alive I aint throwing you any Cure VIs to keep your dumb *** upright. /assist "Puller's Name Here" /attack <t> and that's it, engage and then go get a juice box and some goldfish crackers you snot nosed little ***.

Dear grammar nazis, before editing please feel free to ucksay my allbays. I know my grammar sucks. I went to public school in America!

Forget the grammar. I think you need to take a deep breath and try to relax some.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-29 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
stuff

Lazy mage
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-29 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
stuff

Lazy mage

^ This too.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-11-29 14:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I said I was lazy, your reading comprehesion skills -.05 and you deleved
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-29 14:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:

Because you'r lazy should'nt affect everybody else in a negative way, do your job :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-29 15:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
*grabs Giazz & Kvazz*
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-29 15:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
*grabs Giazz & Kvazz*

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-29 15:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:

Yes, you said you were lazy. Kvazz and I merely restated that fact.

Your reading comprehension skills are the ones that are failing here. Again, you need to relax.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-29 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

totally just reminded me of this
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-29 15:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
I am an absolutely terrible mage

I agree, please delevel WHM.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-29 16:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Just when i thought the Britts had won this friend.... my nig Nikolce pulls off the special olympics win
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-29 21:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

I wonder why you would even level a healing job if you hate healing others so hard, lol.

You ought to go lvl a solo job, that'll grant you more fun, less stress and more importantly spare the other players from ever relying on you :P
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-29 21:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My MP isn't supposed to be used for curing, it's meant to just look pretty.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-29 21:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

absolutely man

hey you could use a curebot

and then just stand there and watch it cure for you

less activity=more fun!!!

or you could just quit xi, and watch tv, even less activity=even more fun!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-29 21:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
I am an absolutely terrible mage

I agree, please delevel WHM.

Lol'd
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-29 22:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You sound like 98% of shitty white mages that should hang themselves, because they are so damn bad at the job.

Seriously quit FFXI and go play WoW or something you disgust me.

Thanks for trying tho~

Oh and for the record I have WHM and I am pretty damn good at it~ Mankey can vouch for me on that. You can sit there forever on whm spamming the living hell out of Cure V and VI and never run out of MP, if you are having MP issues then you are doing it wrong period.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-29 23:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Its true, He has kept me a live tanking many NMs duo when i am drunk/high with little to no effort
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2010-11-29 23:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Souleater takes time to proc. :c
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-11-30 06:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
Souleater takes time to proc. :c
....So will cures from some ppl :P
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-30 07:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I know with spellcast its not difficult at all to do but, would it be smart to build a set dedicated to when Souleater is up Vs. using your standard TP gear? I know at the very least equiping Gloom Breastplate would be a good idea during TP. I was thinking of something like this. Built this set working with the 5-hit Reckoning setup obviously, Also your Mage would have to keep your HP up obviously for the Extra HP to effect your overall DoT :/
Im not sure on Fenrir server, but on carby that back piece with the 95hp and -30mp is cheaper then gigant,and also theres that cb neck piece you can get for any job with 30hp (200cb), ANYWAYS, i would def say whm has a shiton of mp now, so you can def get away with full timing souleater, I do all the time, also im working on the maigan 2-3 hit scythe, and I will prolly play around with that and souleater, as long as my whm wants to spam cure me :P
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-30 07:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

wow i *** that up
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-30 07:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably erased a number in the itemset so it got linked to a non existant set.

The reason Gigant mantle is still pricier than aenotherus mantle is because All jobs can use it.

You also forgot bloodbead gorget which should be much easier to obtain now since we are higher lvl than the fomor NMs.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-30 07:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of souleater, has mnk/drk in abysea ever been tested, I see 3k Victory smite all the time as mnk/nin, sometimes 5k, sometimes even 6k >_< i would love to see a mnk with awesome hp build, use souleater and victory smite, see what kinda ws dmg they could do >_<

I know that wouldnt be helpfull of course....just would love to see it >_>
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-11-30 12:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Awwwww! It sounds wike some of my widdle snookie wookums hurt their widdle bum~bums.... and oh noes! Did you hurt your widdle fingerwer when you typed on daddy's keyboard? *kisses* There, mommy makes it all better. You know your not allowed to touchee the shiny letters on daddy's keyboard now go run along and play, it's the big peoples turn to talk now.

The point of my rant was this, if you aren't smart enough to maintain verticality on your own, I am going to laugh at you.
I can't hold your little hand forever my precious dd wannabe. Even with all that gill your mommy bought for you from brosale, you are never going to be a special snowflake here if you level from 30 to 85 in aby. Go learn your job or do us all a favor and quit.

If you have to ask when it's appropriate to use a job ability it's time to go catch some pokemon on your gameboy.

If I had a penny from all the cry baby emo drks and dds griping about the quality of mages in the game I would be
a rich man. I might be wearing a gaytastic flaming clown suit and a hat made of a condom, but I can still lmao at you when you eat dirt trying to out do one another. Damage delt to enemies doesn't make your wang any bigger,
sorry about your luck.