Perle Feet VS Aurum Feet Under Capped Accuracy

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Perle Feet VS Aurum Feet under capped accuracy
Perle Feet VS Aurum Feet under capped accuracy
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-05 00:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
ace's sabatons real talk
They're still kind of ***. They would let you 5-hit a 528 scythe if you had goading belt and some other gear. I just don't think it would it be worth it.
Actually, Solanis is right...if assuming capped accuracy, Ace's Sabatons are better than the other haste feet options for DRK(assuming you aren't using full perle). Ace's sabatons would be better than dusk +1 feet. I believe that was the point. Also, Ace's Sabatons are great if needed for an X-hit build as well.
Not gonna argue 8 attack vs 6 accuracy. Generally its more favorable to get the accuracy. I just hope to god I dont see tards trying to 5 hit every scythe now.
The difference between 5 and 6 hit can be more than a few haste.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-05 00:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, would need around 6 more Haste at high haste levels to beat a 5hit w/ 6.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-05 00:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
ace's sabatons real talk
They're still kind of ***. They would let you 5-hit a 528 scythe if you had goading belt and some other gear. I just don't think it would it be worth it.
Actually, Solanis is right...if assuming capped accuracy, Ace's Sabatons are better than the other haste feet options for DRK(assuming you aren't using full perle). Ace's sabatons would be better than dusk +1 feet. I believe that was the point. Also, Ace's Sabatons are great if needed for an X-hit build as well.

Not gonna argue 8 attack vs 6 accuracy. Generally its more favorable to get the accuracy. I just hope to god I dont see tards trying to 5 hit every scythe now.

Right, the accuracy would be better if you actually needed it. The argument in this thread was assuming capped accuracy. Not a general situation either.

Also, of course, if you're using HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE gear and thereby sacrificing needed accuracy and/or losing 6+ haste (at high haste situations specially) for a lower X-hit, then it would definitely not be worth it. That should be obvious.

Aces sabatons do have their place if used in a proper situation. It's situational though etc.

I do think we're in agreement though lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 00:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you guys have completely missed the point. 5 Hit isn't bad because of sacrificing haste. Its bad because you sacrifice, accuracy, attack, STR, and dex. These values ammount to massively more returns in overall than going from 5 to 6 hit. Except in the case of reckoning where it is extremely easy to reach 5 hit. If these feet can produce a build that does not sacrifice the body slot or any haste then it might be a valuable piece. As for 6 hit its overkill if you have Rajas ring. Homam feet are > Ace's Sabatons. I know some of your guys like to believe you live on magic fairy land where your accuracy is capped everywhere always but it isn't true. I don't always have capped Accuracy in abysea and I guarantee I have more than any normal drk (+85ish).
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-10-05 00:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
I think you guys have completely missed the point. 5 Hit isn't bad because of sacrificing haste. Its bad because you sacrifice, accuracy, attack, STR, and dex. These values ammount to massively more returns in overall than going from 5 to 6 hit. Except in the case of reckoning where it is extremely easy to reach 5 hit. If these feet can produce a build that does not sacrifice the body slot or any haste then it might be a valuable piece. As for 6 hit its overkill if you have Rajas ring. Homam feet are > Ace's Sabatons. I know some of your guys like to believe you live on magic fairy land where your accuracy is capped everywhere always but it isn't true. I don't always have capped Accuracy in abysea and I guarantee I have more than any normal drk (+85ish).

you cap accuracy naked with a scythe in your hand on anything outside of abyssea. you cap fstr on almost anything in abyssea with atma, even using a lower damage scythe. a 5-hit eating sushi in abyssea to make up for any accuracy losses (assuming a 528 delay and not using the stp scythe) from stp-based gear sacrifice will beat the ***out of any 6-hit, and you know it.

considering "what's better under capped accuracy," which was the question of this thread, ace's feet make a 5-hit much more viable for any scythe other than the reckoning+1, which is to say, any other scythe.

imo reckoning+1 is nothing more than a placeholder, since it's unlikely enough new stp gear will be released to allow it to 4-hit, but enough will probabaly be released to allow the other 528 delays to 5-hit easily without as much sacrifice. when that time comes, there will be no place for reckoning+1, and ace's sabatons will be the de facto best piece for tping in.

if I'm wrong (which is possible since I'm new to melee math) feel free to correct me... but ace's sabatons are FAR from ***lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-05 01:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

there will be a reckoning +2 for sure ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-05 01:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Yup, would need around 6 more Haste at high haste levels to beat a 5hit w/ 6.
Ehh. Your TP phase damage would be slightly reduced via weaker gear (both 5hit and haste increase JA delay per unit time so that's basically a wash); same for per-WS damage on a much reduced scale. It's better barring setups that make ridiculous sacrifices, but not 5-6 haste better.
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-10-05 01:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:

of course :) but it takes... +74 stp I think to 4-hit a 528 delay? reckoning+1's charm is that it can easily 5-hit. if other scythes can 5-hit later on but reckoning can't 4-hit, it loses all of its advantage. it's just something to look out for after future updates.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-10-05 02:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't OAT scythe easily hit 5hit w/o losing much haste or other stats?
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2010-10-05 03:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No ***Ace's are better just like Homam and Dusk+1 are but I was just making a simple, cheap suggestion for him to make that he could grab off the AH for 10k
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-10-05 03:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:

I am really getting tired of hearing people say "You dont need ACC anymore" its the same people whos entire lives revolved around Capping ACC on Greater Colibri when Real Men XP'd on Mamools which gave higher XP per hour and was definatley a ***load harder to cap ACC on even using Pizza +1.

Hey yea if you are fighting something thats on par with Greater colibri that does not eat your food, yea ACC isnt not an issue using Pizza.

But there are still plenty of mobs, XP mobs included that you NEED ACC for. Frogs for one are crazy good XP but VERY evasive, Raptors are decently evasive aswell.

But ya I feel your pain, if an Apoc DRK isnt capping ACC on certain things there is no way in hell a Non-Relic drk is.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-05 11:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
...if an Apoc DRK isnt capping ACC on certain things there is no way in hell a Non-Relic drk is.
even if they ignored all haste/x-build xD
By Biggie87 2010-10-05 11:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:

Yeah, sadly 95% of the people who think they are capping accuracy are not. I've got news for you guys > YOU'RE NOT CAPPING ACCURACY WEARING FULL PERLE IN ABYSSEA! I'll be more than happy to parse any of you full perle peeps claiming capped accuracy on abyssea xp mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Andradi
Server: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-10-05 20:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:

Rose / Brutal / Askar (or Aurum) / Rajas / Goading / Ace's Sabatons

Gives you a total of 40 STP with /SAM (20.1 TP/hit) for a true 5 hit. Could drop one of the items and rely on extra guillotine hits so yeah, it's very doable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-10-05 20:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:

of course :) but it takes... +74 stp I think to 4-hit a 528 delay? reckoning+1's charm is that it can easily 5-hit. if other scythes can 5-hit later on but reckoning can't 4-hit, it loses all of its advantage. it's just something to look out for after future updates.
Asura.Andradi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

Rose / Brutal / Askar (or Aurum) / Rajas / Goading / Ace's Sabatons

Gives you a total of 40 STP with /SAM (20.1 TP/hit) for a true 5 hit. Could drop one of the items and rely on extra guillotine hits so yeah, it's very doable.
So it already lost by a long shot? I know 5hit gear for OAT is harder to get, but OAT in a 5hit situation will ***all over Reckoning
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 21:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Asura.Andradi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Rose / Brutal / Askar (or Aurum) / Rajas / Goading / Ace's Sabatons Gives you a total of 40 STP with /SAM (20.1 TP/hit) for a true 5 hit. Could drop one of the items and rely on extra guillotine hits so yeah, it's very doable.
So it already lost by a long shot? I know 5hit gear for OAT is harder to get, but OAT in a 5hit situation will ***all over Reckoning

I think a 6 hit with OAT that uses sword strap + V belt might be better than a 5 hit. Sword strap + V belt is a 4% haste increase over the 5 hit build.

4% haste is 4%~11% increase in damage.

So if you consider that drk is a 50/50 split damage wise with a 6 hit then question becomes:

W= Ws damage
M= Melee damage

(M+W)*1.04~1.11 vs 1.2W+M

Lets look at how splits will affect this model.

W vs M
40-60: Favors 4% haste (8% vs 11%)
50-50 : Favors 4% haste (10% damage vs 11%) <- Typical non-relic drk
60-40: Favors 5 hit (12% vs 11%)

1. A typical 50/50 build favors 4% haste over 5 hit assuming that you have 70% haste total. If you have more than 70% haste it favors the 4% haste even more.

2. A typical 60/40 build will favor the 5 hit just barely. This is assuming you have not dropped below the 95% accuracy barrier. If you have, then it will favor the 6 hit/haste.

3. Keep in mind that Abysea has "Atma of the winged Enigma" which will favors the 4% haste on gear by bringing you easily up to a 75% haste level with standard buffs. (This brings the value of that 4% haste up to a 14% increase in damage instead of 11%)

4. Keep in mind that Atma of the violet hold which grants you regain favors 6 hit more than 5 hit. When the gaps between 5-6 hit widen the regain effect from this atma has less of a chance of reducing the number of hits required to WS. Basically going to 5 hit will render this ability less useful. If you have this atma as well as the haste atma I would definately go for the haste/6hit build.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-05 21:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

OAT with a 6hit will ***all over 5hit reckoning, is what I've been lead to believe.

The jump from 5 to 6 hit isn't as profound with an OAT, because of the likelihood of TP overflow.

As for accuracy, and capping it, I am in the school of thought that if you aren't Eating Pizza's in Abyssea, you need to reevaluate your perception of what it means to be useful. Every time I see a mithkabob used in an abyssea PT, I want to *** scream til my eyes enter another plane of existence.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 21:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
OAT with a 6hit will ***all over 5hit reckoning, is what I've been lead to believe. The jump from 5 to 6 hit isn't as profound with an OAT, because of the likelihood of TP overflow. As for accuracy, and capping it, I am in the school of thought that if you aren't Eating Pizza's in Abyssea, you need to reevaluate your perception of what it means to be useful. Every time I see a mithkabob used in an abyssea PT, I want to *** scream til my eyes enter another plane of existence.

Well a big issue with mobs in abysea is a very high requirement to cap FSTR. If you are already capping accuracy than you would want to eat food that gives +STR as well as attack. Generally capping attack here is extremely easy. Ofc if you arent capped accuracy then you are correct.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-05 21:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Sword strap + V belt is a 4% haste increase over the 5 hit build.

No, first mistake. Sword strap does not stack with haste.
 Asura.Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-10-05 21:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
I think a 6 hit with OAT that uses sword strap + V belt might be better than a 5 hit. Sword strap + V belt is a 4% haste increase over the 5 hit build.

Sword Strap is -delay, not +haste (there is some kind of difference) so it's not quite so clear cut there.

Odin.Zicdeh said:
As for accuracy, and capping it, I am in the school of thought that if you aren't Eating Pizza's in Abyssea, you need to reevaluate your perception of what it means to be useful. Every time I see a mithkabob used in an abyssea PT, I want to *** scream til my eyes enter another plane of existence.

What about on colibri? :p

I usually take a few pizzas in, if I lose several to dying then *** that, I am using mithkabobs (or something else that isn't going to be wasted so much.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 21:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I think a 6 hit with OAT that uses sword strap + V belt might be better than a 5 hit. Sword strap + V belt is a 4% haste increase over the 5 hit build. 4% haste is 4%~11% increase in damage.
Sword Strap is -delay, not +haste (there is some kind of difference) so it's not quite so clear cut there.
Odin.Zicdeh said:
What about on colibri? :p I usually take a few pizzas in, if I lose several to dying then *** that, I am using mithkabobs (or something else that isn't going to be wasted so much.)

There is no difference beyond the reduction in delay for the purpose of determining TP return. Oh and its not subject to any cap.
 Asura.Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2010-10-05 21:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
There is no difference beyond the reduction in delay for the purpose of determining TP return. Oh and its not subject to any cap.

My understanding was that the sword strap doesn't have the exponential increase that haste does, meaning the sword strap set will not be getting anywhere near an extra 11% damage at high haste over the 5-hit, which is kind of a big difference.

I could be misunderstanding how it works, though.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 21:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
My understanding was that the sword strap doesn't have the exponential increase that haste does, meaning the sword strap set will not be getting anywhere near an extra 11% damage at high haste over the 5-hit, which is kind of a big difference. I could be misunderstanding how it works, though.

I know its calculated separately from haste but I'll have to go find the formula to see exactly where. If its calculated before haste then its just a static 3% increase in damage. If its calculated after haste then its subject to increasing returns. I have a feeling its after because JA haste is -delay with no TP penalty. Then again Dual wield is -delay with a Tp penalty. Since sword strap is the only item of its type I'm not quite sure where it goes in the formula lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-05 21:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I think a 6 hit with OAT that uses sword strap + V belt might be better than a 5 hit. Sword strap + V belt is a 4% haste increase over the 5 hit build. 4% haste is 4%~11% increase in damage.
Odin.Zicdeh said:
What about on colibri? :p I usually take a few pizzas in, if I lose several to dying then *** that, I am using mithkabobs (or something else that isn't going to be wasted so much.)

Like I said earlier, You can't "stack" -delay (sword strap) with haste. Therefore you can't call it "4% haste."

They are calculated separately.

You calculate -delay first, and then you add haste. And this does not give the same final delay as if you had stacked the -delay with the haste. And that is a difference...

Example:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-05 21:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
My understanding was that the sword strap doesn't have the exponential increase that haste does, meaning the sword strap set will not be getting anywhere near an extra 11% damage at high haste over the 5-hit, which is kind of a big difference. I could be misunderstanding how it works, though.

I know its calculated separately from haste but I'll have to go find the formula to see exactly where. If its calculated before haste then its just a static 3% increase in damage. If its calculated after haste then its subject to increasing returns. I have a feeling its after because JA haste is -delay with no TP penalty. Then again Dual wield is -delay with a Tp penalty. Since sword strap is the only item of its type I'm not quite sure where it goes in the formula lol.
Place doesn't matter (associative property of multiplication). It also has increasing returns since both are technically delay reduction (3.09% increase), it just has the drawback of decreasing tp/hit unlike haste.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-05 21:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Like I said earlier, You can't "stack" -delay (sword strap) with haste. Therefore you can't call it "4% haste." They are calculated separately. You calculate -delay first, and then you add haste. And this does not give the same final delay as if you had stacked the -delay with the haste. And that is a difference... Example:
So correct me if i'm wrong.
If you use sword strap and able to keep your x-build along with your regular haste gear, you'll reach 100% tp faster than someone who doesn't use swordstrap but has same base weapon delay and haste?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-05 21:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Like I said earlier, You can't "stack" -delay (sword strap) with haste. Therefore you can't call it "4% haste." They are calculated separately. You calculate -delay first, and then you add haste. And this does not give the same final delay as if you had stacked the -delay with the haste. And that is a difference... Example:
So correct me if i'm wrong.
If you use sword strap and able to keep your x-build along with your regular haste gear, you'll reach 100% tp faster than someone who doesn't use swordstrap but has same base weapon delay and haste?

Yes, the person with the sword strap (as long as it doesn't break the X-hit) will reach 100% TP faster, obviously...due to the delay reduction. You just can't stack it with haste though. It's calculated separately.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-05 21:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Odin.Zicdeh said:

What about on colibri? :p

I usually take a few pizzas in, if I lose several to dying then *** that, I am using mithkabobs (or something else that isn't going to be wasted so much.)

Why on earth would anyone XP on Colibri in abyssea..? That's like gimping yourself for familiarities sake, Toads, Frigatebirds, even raptors, are all better options to XP on, and they don't take your goddamn food and wipe your *** TP.

As for dying, yah it sucks, but You should take the time to quest and obtain as many "<Color> Abyssite of Merit" abyssites as you can. It's incredibly hard to die with 2500hp in XP circumstances.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-05 21:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Place doesn't matter (associative property of multiplication). It also has increasing returns since both are technically delay reduction (3.09% increase), it just has the drawback of decreasing tp/hit unlike haste.

Exactly. It actually doesn't really matter if you do the -delay from sword strap first or if you do it last, as long as you don't stack it with the haste, since -delay and haste are calculated separately.

And yeah, if there were more -delay gear and if it didn't mess with your X-hit, then technically it would also have increasing returns just like haste... due to both being delay reduction. It's just that you can't stack them, and that does make a difference. (and of course, -delay reducing your TP per hit and messing with X-hit builds etc.)
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 22:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Asura.Andradi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Oh, I wasnt sure if it was just straight multiplication in the formula or not. Based on what you're saying then my math would be correct anyways.