Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 12:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Why does it REALLY bother you if people leech?
As long as I get mine I say.
[+]
 Asura.Ebry
Server: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-09-21 13:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:

>.> Sounds like your philosophy in life >.>;;
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 13:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ebry said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:

Laissez-faire is the way to be man.
I strive to be like that quite often, it's a bit obvious I haven't got it perfect though, death/absolute isolation is the only true perfection for such a thing.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-09-21 13:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone is a leech in abyssea and theyre NOT doing keys why put up with it? D2 them, if theyre alliance lead jack their alliance even. Fair is fair but goddamn your on a lv45 DD job buy some damn keys and quit gimping the xp for the rest of us, u need us more than we need you
[+]
 Bahamut.Kymira
Server: Bahamut
user: Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-21 14:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ebry said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Flionheart said:

Sounds like the best philosophy of life.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-21 14:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this thread start, was like someone threw a rock at a group of people, while birds were whistling, sun was shining, green grass, kids were on the swings at playgrounds...then I came back after 6 pages, and its like waking into...
[+]
By Vittles 2010-09-21 14:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Alexander.Gib said:
Moochers are gonna mooch, no matter what happens they will find a way. If they fix Abyssea to be like only level 70's can enter and they break SMN burning they would STILL find a way to do it. does how much you enjoy the game depend on how other play the game? It's like getting mad at people that use cheat codes in videogames. Who the hell cares
Well, its not exactly cheating as there isn't any specified or definitive way of leveling, there's only the ritual of the leveling process. So people get pissed when one has it easier to level than another, especially oldfags. The stark difference between SMN burns and Abyssea parties is that, most of the time, the low level "leech" if you want to call it that, actually has an incredibly important contribution to the party in its consistent mechanics of chest rewards and SMN burn is just using it as either sync or for the party leader to make money. Like I said, even when I was a 30 COR, I still did rolls WHILE opening chests.. so I didn't really do any LESS work than any other job, who more often than not, actually AFK more often than the chest *** does. Now in terms of still leeching in a party with no keys, we've all done our fair share from time to time of trying to take advantage of a party's situation and majority of the time, I found a gearless individual just doing it for subjobs that they'll never touch otherwise. More often than not, its the party leader, organizing everything.
Ethics... do you understand? level easier by chumping others. and oldfag? you know its only ok to call ***, *** if you are gay right?
Am I wrong? Leveling is leveling, no matter how you do it. You can white knight about your ethics, but they aren't real. There is no honor in a den full of hungry lions. If there is, they are in small packages by individuals, but not by the community itself and you can't expect that. If you don't agree with this, leave those parties or don't join them. Exp is abundant enough. Also, you shouldn't attack neutrality.
I didnt attack neutrality, seems you yourself say there is no honor (i assume you include yourself),leave me out of your lowlife grouping ... maybe the place you come from there is none. Ill keep mine intact. Oldfags? neutral? eh? miscreant come to mind when I hear from ppl like you. Yes you are wrong... maybe one day youll grow up and know leeching is wrong and using terms like oldfags is crap also.
Your assumption is wrong. You seem to think I'm defending the concept of leeching, when all I'm doing is speaking about the reality of things. It's clear you didn't even read my posting about the variations between leeching and chest whoring and since you seem to be so confused about the idea and how it even applies, because I never even said ***other than how I contribute to an abyssea party as a 30 COR doing rolls and spending my cruor, NOT AFKING while all these shitty DDs do for 20 min at a time wasting MY time in the process. If you believe that you can convert all these miscreant people from doing this, by all means make it your time's worthy effort. But don't get up my *** for shedding light on reality, since you seem so one sided and out of touch from it. Way to go on looking hellbent on making an enemy out of someone in a neutral stance, who never attacked your position.. who never "leeched" exp.. wasting "your" time in the process and even maintained the integrity of your views in previous posts.
I did read your reply and all of them, and if you read all of mine youll see i said you went above and beyond the box ppl i have seen. I was attacking you when you say "THERE IS NO HONOR blaa blaa F'IN BLAA...." You didnt exclude yourself. So, it clear where you are. I know alot of ppl that have honor and ethics in game. I cant teach ppl how to be 'good' it was thier parents job... seems they failed in alot of cases. I have you saying there are no ethics and I can white knight about it but, it seems it wouldnt do any good because everyone is a lion and we have no honor. You fail in you argument and will fall over in life too with that mindset. Have fun in your life with your friends and familiy that have no honor or ethics. You are not neutral, you are in the group of lions that have no honor, remember. Just stay in your reallity and you world of a**holes.
Lol. Wtf? So you're telling me you believe everything you read, you trust every single person, you keep your doors unlocked, and offer yourself out in the expected reciprocation? That is all I was saying. People are going to be greedy and selfish. You will otherwise find resolve in the small, intricate values that friends, family and on rare occasions strangers. You're diluting yourself reality if you think everyone is trustworthy by default. Which is exactly what you're telling me. And yes, every single person on earth is selfish, I figured that was a pretty neutral stance since it was common knowledge. But wait, you want to make this about me, and who has a better life. You're thinking like I think everyone has no integrity, when that isn't the case. I always assume a basic natural instinct, first.. clarified principles begin to tell character apart, after.
No i dont think everything I read is fact or Id except your hourseshit. Yes I think humanity is basicly good... No I dont think selfeshness includes taking avavantage of others. You claimed there is no honor. You use use words like oldfags. I dont know if you dont like old ppl, the gay and lesbian community or simply old gay ppl. Your pricipals are clear. I also understand ppl cannot see up maslow's hierarchy of needs, but ppl can see down it. You appear to be stuck somewhere in level 1 or 2. I am done with you now, you waste my time with the crap you spew from your ***. Sure you may not leech when you go to Aby. Its your ideas and statment that offend me. It should also offend others when you tell us all we have no honor. It should also offend ppl (in the group or not) when you call ppl oldfags. Do you see where the issue is now? Yes, it is about your ideas. Its not about you leeching and I never said you have or did. Its that you are an a**hole... glad you are not on my server and i hope to not hear from ppl with this sort of mindset ever again. Just one last thing-- To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. Confucius, Chinese philosopher (551 B.C.479 B.C.)
[+]
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-09-21 15:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To Start none of my jobs been abyssea but I am against leaching but at the same time idc, like many say people gonna mooch whenever they can. To most its about the easy exp. (I hate mammools I want birds there easier to kill). If people need to abyssea 30+ to quickly gain lvls dont mind em at all some need too take the easier way up. Plus with Totm it is kinda hard for people to get good parties goin, LOL Caedarva Mire. For the people who still play in my days(Xbox release) it does feel kinda f-ed up that we had to grind to 75 took months for one job well in abyssea can do it in 12hours lol. But we hve to see the game as changing to more noob(no offense to anyone) freindly, cuz i remember startin and damn near quittin very fast cuz everything took so long to do and im not one of the Lucky?? people who get to play allday all night with no worries, jobs, kids, wife ***to deal with so i didnt think id ever be playin this long (401 game days) ><, just died a lil inside. As said before we have to just take the memories of old ffxi parties and leave em as that, cuz people are not gonna start to lvl the way we did, when they can take the easier way out. One thing i have noticed no one brags on how many jobs they got anymore cuz its pointless, thx to AFB and Abyssea (do EGLS even ask what jobs u have anymore, are there any more EGLS, Whats a EGLS?) Abyssea to me is a safehaven for people who are not lucky/kissed *** for good gear, I remember being kicked out pt long ago for havin crap gear, it means alot with 6 people compared to 18 so i call it Gimp heaven no one cares what gear u got anymore since abyssea pt only thing really goin on, which is a good thing for the not to lucky people. I laugh at the people who brag about abyssea, with the dude i went from 33 to 80 overnight man im so cool ^^, then get the people who complain in abyssea cuz there raging rush at 85 is barely breaking 100 on weak *** mandies cuz of there skills(true story). To the vets or w/e the pre level sync people we grinded hard and cant say we didnt enjoy it so lets keep it at that and cherish what we went thru to get that 75 and them hundreds of funny deaths lol good days. But we shouldnt get mad or even care about the ones who dont/didnt have to do it, till were avail to pay for there accounts cant really tell/ask em to do it our way which is now considered the Hard/ Slow way. Lol. For the Abyssea Vets lol uhh do what u do if it makes u happy to blast thru 50+ lvls then CG to you, just dont start to complain y your skills are gimped and being severly outdamaged by most in group. Example: Full Usu Monk, Brown Belt, burned all the way up, gettin whooped by ninja(old school) on blade jin, cuz ya raging rush sux and the nin gets 3-4 ws off before u whiff up 100tp (true story). But yeah *** it get ya exp the best way u know how everyone have fun thats what we all play for.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-09-21 15:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx man didnt exspect it to lok like that lol.
By Vittles 2010-09-21 17:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ebry said:
Vittles said:
I did read your reply and all of them, and if you read all of mine youll see i said you went above and beyond the box ppl i have seen. I was attacking you when you say "THERE IS NO HONOR blaa blaa F'IN BLAA...." You didnt exclude yourself. So, it clear where you are. I know alot of ppl that have honor and ethics in game. I cant teach ppl how to be 'good' it was thier parents job... seems they failed in alot of cases. I have you saying there are no ethics and I can white knight about it but, it seems it wouldnt do any good because everyone is a lion and we have no honor. You fail in you argument and will fall over in life too with that mindset. Have fun in your life with your friends and familiy that have no honor or ethics. You are not neutral, you are in the group of lions that have no honor, remember. Just stay in your reallity and you world of a**holes.
I've read this, like.. 3 times and little to none of this makes any sense. Before you start preaching about honor and ethics you might wanna practice spelling, proper grammar and punctuation. No one will take you seriously if you can't even spell simple words like family correct. Just sayin'.
Understood, I dont preview my post, my typing skills are poor, I am angry, my fingers are shaking. Ill just run it though MS word and it will make my point for me? “I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like.”
—Albert Einstein --- To Max Born, September 7,1944. AEA 8-207
Spelling and punctuation is no sign of intellegents.
By Vittles 2010-09-21 17:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I would also say that Honor and good ethics are far more important than spelling-- In my not so humble opinion
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-21 17:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're getting so angry you can't type properly, you need to stay away from here. :/
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 17:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
If you're getting so angry you can't type properly, you need to stay away from here. :/

Naw, can just be a Stanflame clone.
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 17:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And on a side note: People are mad here cause there's totally a correct way to play the game, amirite?

/sarcasm
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-09-21 18:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ignore /blist go /away we're pretty good at that
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-09-21 18:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s time for some of you people to quit the game seriously and what the crap is going with this whining and emo threads lately?

Are some of you pmsing?

So, far freaking flionnheart has been making more sense out of all you.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 18:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:
It’s time for some of you people to quit the game seriously and what the crap is going with this whining and emo threads lately?

Are some of you pmsing?

Ok... This ***has to stop, people have to stop using me as an example >.>
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-21 18:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said:

Are some of you pmsing?

It's nothing new
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-09-21 18:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ok... This ***has to stop, people have to stop using me as an example >.>

I have never made you of an example of anything. Also, I am not home so, I took the time to read the thread. As I said before you make more common sense then anyone in here. Everyone repeating the same old ***argument except you.
 Asura.Ebry
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-09-21 20:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Vittles said:
No i dont think everything I read is fact or Id except your hourseshit. Yes I think humanity is basicly good... No I dont think selfeshness includes taking avavantage of others. You claimed there is no honor. You use use words like oldfags. I dont know if you dont like old ppl, the gay and lesbian community or simply old gay ppl. Your pricipals are clear. I also understand ppl cannot see up maslow's hierarchy of needs, but ppl can see down it. You appear to be stuck somewhere in level 1 or 2. I am done with you now, you waste my time with the crap you spew from your ***. Sure you may not leech when you go to Aby. Its your ideas and statment that offend me. It should also offend others when you tell us all we have no honor. It should also offend ppl (in the group or not) when you call ppl oldfags. Do you see where the issue is now? Yes, it is about your ideas. Its not about you leeching and I never said you have or did. Its that you are an a**hole... glad you are not on my server and i hope to not hear from ppl with this sort of mindset ever again. Just one last thing-- To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. Confucius, Chinese philosopher (551 B.C.479 B.C.)

Ok. Normally i'd let Cata handle his own but this is kinda ticking me off now.

He said
Catastrophe said:
There is no honor in a den full of hungry lions. If there is, they are in small packages by individuals.

That doesn't mean he's saying no one has honor. Or that you don't. Or that he doesn't. You've taken something completely out of context and ran off with it saying how you have honor and how parents should raise their kids to have it as well. That has nothing to do with anything. That's like saying "There's no honor amount thieves" ... Does that mean i'm calling everyone a thief?

I'm bisexual (I'm hoping you know what that means...) and I'm not offended in any case about the term oldfag. It wasn't meant in a hateful way as calling someone a "***" usually would be. Again, you've taken something out of context and ran off with it and made it into something that it is not.

If you want to call him an *** for stating his opinion on the subject, which in everything I read really had nothing in it for you to run off at the mouth like you have about him. There's this nifty new feature called "Block" where you don't have to worry about reading anything he said (IE being offended by it or mad to the point where you slaughter the English language).

People are going to XP the way they want to. If they leech, that sucks, if they chest *** - good on them. Point of the matter is - you fuming off at people isn't going to change anything. If you don't like it -- Don't play the game, it's simple.

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

I can quote stuff too. ;)

Shorthand version to the wall of text: Just shut up, you sound stupid and your just wasting your time with this nonsense.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-22 00:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

All i'd like to say to this silly little arguement that's happening here is...

LOL

kthnx
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2010-09-22 00:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't care if people leech on a low level job if they are watching the boxes. It is a fast way to get subjobs up or to even get a job that usually doesn't get invites up.

What bothers me more than people leeching at low levels is the people at high levels who go afk without saying anything and just stand around doing nothing for like an hour. This has honestly happened in so many parties I've been in.

Ooooooooooooooooor people who fall asleep during the party.... that annoys me too. Find a rep and go to bed. If you can't find a rep, then say sorry but I really need sleep and leave. I honestly feel that I wouldn't be as mad at a person who left without a rep compared to someone who just fell asleep and now is leeching exp.

Abyssea really brings out the worst in people when it comes to parties.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-22 00:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As it has probably been said before....

I hate abyssea.

It lets people who don't even know how to play the game get a Maat's cap in a matter of a lifeless month of playing in Abyssea (maybe sooner).

Myself, I've loved abyssea for THE JOBS THAT I KNOW HOW TO PLAY. I took my scholar to 64 through abyssea,

oh, but I actually know how to play the job and have all of the skills leveled up for it. I have BLM WHM RDM @75+ which I leveled all of them legitly to 75, and when i say legitly, i mean not burned them. RDM I got to 80 grinding in regular EXP parties the first day the first Abyssea expansion came out.

All abyssea does nowadays is let players who don't know how to play a job and don't have the skill for a job level jobs, then bring them to events and go "DERP WUTS COMPOSURE?".

/endrant

EDIT:

I Don't hate Abyssea overall... just the exp parties.

Maybe if there was a higher level limit put on entering Abyssea, that'd be cool bro. I love the NM's in Abyssea, they're pretty fun to test your abilites on soloing/duoing/low-manning since the NM's respawn fairly quick.

Double EDIT:

Sorry if my post is kind of weird sounding but... I'm on Nyquil :| nomnom
 Bahamut.Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-22 00:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:

I hate abyssea.

It lets people who don't even know how to play the game get a Maat's cap in a matter of a lifeless month of playing in Abyssea (maybe sooner).

Myself, I've loved abyssea for THE JOBS THAT I KNOW HOW TO PLAY. I took my scholar to 64 through abyssea,

oh, but I actually know how to play the job and have all of the skills leveled up for it. I have BLM WHM RDM @75+ which I leveled all of them legitly to 75, and when i say legitly, i mean not burned them. RDM I got to 80 grinding in regular EXP parties the first day the first Abyssea expansion came out.

All abyssea does nowadays is let players who don't know how to play a job and don't have the skill for a job level jobs, then bring them to events and go "DERP WUTS COMPOSURE?".

/endrant

EDIT:

Maybe if there was a high level limit put on entering Abyssea, that'd be cool bro. I love the NM's in Abyssea, they're pretty fun to test your abilites on soloing/duoing/low-manning since the NM's respawn fairly quick.

And what about those people who do know how to play the job, and are just sick and tired of LFP at lvl 40-70 all day and get nothing because no body exp's outside of abyssea anymore? Should we deny them their maat's cap because of gay *** circumstances?
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-22 00:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kymira said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:

I hate abyssea.

/endrant

EDIT:

Maybe if there was a high level limit put on entering Abyssea, that'd be cool bro. I love the NM's in Abyssea, they're pretty fun to test your abilites on soloing/duoing/low-manning since the NM's respawn fairly quick.

And what about those people who do know how to play the job, and are just sick and tired of LFP at lvl 40-70 all day and get nothing because no body exp's outside of abyssea anymore? Should we deny them their maat's cap because of gay *** circumstances?

I see what you're saying.

Eh, really I think SE should enforce Abyssea to be leveling 70-85+ rather than 30-85. That way people couldn't "Leech" off of abyssea anymore, and it would also force lower level players to go back into regular exp parties. I kinda hate that I cant find a party on my 64 SCH in ToAU areas anymore, I have NO IS, so I have to walk to salvage =\ I could do besieged, but i'm way too busy to wait for it.
 Bahamut.Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-22 01:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Bahamut.Kymira said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:

I hate abyssea.

/endrant

EDIT:

I see what you're saying.

Eh, really I think SE should enforce Abyssea to be leveling 70-85+ rather than 30-85. That way people couldn't "Leech" off of abyssea anymore, and it would also force lower level players to go back into regular exp parties. I kinda hate that I cant find a party on my 64 SCH in ToAU areas anymore, I have NO IS, so I have to walk to salvage =\ I could do besieged, but i'm way too busy to wait for it.
You should get captain, and you won't have to worry about it. ^^
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-22 04:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
LilcrazyUnicorn said:
Abyssea leeching has been making alot of people mad.
Noobs leech there jobs from 30-70 with little skill of that job to show
for. I think SE should Nerf that right away cause for the people that
like to level up the RIGHT WAY its hard when theres nothing ever looking for party cause they all leeched them like a noob. THX Abyssea
For messing up they way people should Level. SE says 30+ can use abyssea well in my book the 30-69 that leech in abyssea is noobs always will be noobs and never will be anything but a noob...
You seem to forget, there are people who actually take the time to learn about the job, or learn from friends who have that job leveled, too. Currently taking my BLM from 40-68 and will continue to level it via Abyssea. I've capped every level and know the ins and outs of the job.

Do me a favor, post on a public account before calling others noobs.

I'm sorry but abyssea leeching on blm is aweful. That job was hands down the most fun to level. I solo'd 52-68 and had more fun doing it than most anything else in game. Also you can have 10 million friends telling you how to play blm situationally it doesn't mean anything. Composure in pressure situations cant be taught and BLM faces more pressure situations then pretty much any other job imo. You would have learned that composure soloing some of those levels. Some jobs just shouldn't be leeched. BLM is 1 of them.

edit. the other issue is the players that leech these jobs 55 levels come out as a level 85 with the job skills of a level 45-50. Good luck landing anything/hitting anything with those skills.

I'm not opposed to people leeching jobs but i think 30 is definitely way too low. Maybe start at 65.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7