New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Unicorn » Come on people
Come on people
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Vittles 2010-09-21 00:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Therefore, we agree that: Not everyone leveling low level jobs in abyssea will be a "noob." Chest/key person = not bad. Afk person = bad.
Agreed, I would just like to add 1 thing... if you are not contributing GTFO.
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-21 00:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kymira said:
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
only pre 75 people i could realistically see not leeching in a party would be like a rdm whm or sch...

rdm refresh for blm pt or lvl 50ish whm or sch just curing non-tank / non-heavy dd pt. Maybe a brd with ballad 2 + 1 for blm pt also.
whm doesnt really work much pre 75. Granted they may have cure V, they have absolutely no means to refresh themselves. Their completely dependant on a brd or a cor and temp items.

Idk i did my rdm 50~85 in abyssea non-leech/chest popper healing a pt.

what do you see 99% of whm's do in abyssea.. cure 3/4 and haste?

If they have mp issues pop one of the numerous soothing light chests that rot away >_>
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-09-21 00:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I seen plenty players who leveled the legit way and still suck.. and seen plenty players who ktnl'd and/or leeched and are decent/good, depending on how much time they spent on it once they finished.

if ur good at games, ur gonna be good at anything u do with the time put into it, weather its ffxi or another game or a job otw to level cap or post level cap. just like the ppl who naturally suck at video games will more than likely always suck no matter what job or game it is.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kymira
Server: Bahamut
user: Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-21 00:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kymira said:
only pre 75 people i could realistically see not leeching in a party would be like a rdm whm or sch...

rdm refresh for blm pt or lvl 50ish whm or sch just curing non-tank / non-heavy dd pt. Maybe a brd with ballad 2 + 1 for blm pt also.
whm doesnt really work much pre 75. Granted they may have cure V, they have absolutely no means to refresh themselves. Their completely dependant on a brd or a cor and temp items.

If they have mp issues pop one of the numerous soothing light chests that rot away >_>
if a whm is spamming cure 4 they're doing it wrong, though i do agree, ISLs are pretty frequent enough to make that work pretty well.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-21 00:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kymira said:
Bahamut.Kymira said:

if a whm is spamming cure 4 they're doing it wrong, though i do agree, ISLs are pretty frequent enough to make that work pretty well.

not really a whm thread but cure 4 is ok to cast if you understand how much enmity you and your party have ...

which, surprisingly, a lot of people dont know how enmity works.. or they just dont pay attention when leveling whm lol

zomg.. thf just pulled a mob.. i better cure 4 him :o
 Bahamut.Kymira
user: Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-21 00:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

not really a whm thread but cure 4 is ok to cast if you understand how much enmity you and your party have ...

which, surprisingly, a lot of people dont know how enmity works.. or they just dont pay attention when leveling whm lol

zomg.. thf just pulled a mob.. i better cure 4 him :o
Lol, aye.
A dead healer is always is much more productive anyhow. ^.~
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-09-21 00:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Leeching lv 30+ chest *** I dont mind. What I do mind is when you join an alliance as a rep for someone, and once you show up at camp there's 4-5 high lv leeches in the alliance.

Atleast the chest *** contribute. I usually leave the alliances where they got a bunch of leeches, there's no way I'm going to spend my time getting them exp (and the alliance leader gil, in the cases they pay for the leech spot).
yeah, chest *** should be 2 per alliance, was in an alliance that had 2 chest *** 2 leechers, and one guy goes "gotta take off now, gonna let my friend come in my place." Out goes 85 rng in comes 60 drk.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-21 00:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind, that if you're just going to spam keys and open everything, ANYONE can be a chest *** while doing their job, the only exception is the gold pyxides. Makes a macro "/item "forbidden key" <stnpc>" and you can open chests while casting/fighting/tp'ing/running.

The best chest *** would have to be cor, even if they're in a party where they may not necessarily have the rolls at that level to really be of the most use, they can spam their two hour every time a soothing light chest drops, which means the whole party can also have free reign over their 2-hours too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-21 01:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Full aurore mnks are the real leeches here.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-09-21 01:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

LilcrazyUnicorn said:
Abyssea leeching has been making alot of people mad.
Noobs leech there jobs from 30-70 with little skill of that job to show
for. I think SE should Nerf that right away cause for the people that
like to level up the RIGHT WAY its hard when theres nothing ever looking for party cause they all leeched them like a noob. THX Abyssea
For messing up they way people should Level. SE says 30+ can use abyssea well in my book the 30-69 that leech in abyssea is noobs always will be noobs and never will be anything but a noob...
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 01:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dissonant said:
This, ***. Stop bitching about key *** and do something about the real leeches.

With refresh atmas it's quite easy to do so. Went 48-66 on RDM hasting every DD + the BRDs who were pulling, refreshing the BLMs, and curing as necessary. Maybe there's a certain amount of "don't suck" involved here, but it's quite possible to take an underleveled healer to Abyssea and still contribute. I probably contributed more than all but 2-3 people in the alliance...
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-21 01:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
This, ***. Stop bitching about key *** and do something about the real gimps.

How about the leechers that aren't even using keys? :O
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 01:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Are they casting haste?
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-21 01:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Are they casting haste?

Nah, I'd consider haste contributing. lulz
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-21 02:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We've allowed it a few times - I certainly don't support it in weak groups where things like basic buffs, fast cures, and even acceptable gear aren't a guarantee, but it shouldn't really hurt stronger groups. I'd much prefer they contribute one way or another though. Can't remember a time we've had an afk leech where they weren't just afk to get dinner or something that was only going to have them away for an hour or so at most, and even that's only allowed for ls members. We tend to kick people who go afk and stay that way.
 Fenrir.Chiurilo
user: Chiurilo
By Fenrir.Chiurilo 2010-09-21 02:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

leaching is not the problem. If you /seal all invites from lvl 1-70 there is about 10 people lfg. How can you blame people for that when there is no way to pt anymore. Thats the direction this game is going. Ayssea pt's only now. I leveld all my jobs threw regualr pts to 75. People *** that you wait for hrs to get a pt, but the game is dieing. So do whatever yu have to do to level now, leach or whatever, opening chests is not leaching to me cause you actually moving. I see more lvl 80+ standing around afk.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-21 02:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bards who cast minuet are leeches, too. ; -; On a more serious note, the only thing I care about is the exp I get. When an abyssea party has more than three "key ***" that's when I get annoyed, because that's when they are taking up valuable party space that could be better filled with real jobs like bards or dancers or real DDs. I honestly don't care how you level your job, as long as you're not getting in the way of me getting some decent exp.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-09-21 02:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

March not minuet -.-
Quote:
People *** that you wait for hrs to get a pt, but the game is dieing.

Never!
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-21 02:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm an older player so I happened to get most of my 75's the "right way". Few after level sync even. Truth is this game isn't exactly new anymore, sure we get add-ons.. but they're really there for the players who have been in FF for quite some time. To be honest, there really is little to no chance of leveling up like the original ways. And yes it is pretty sad that most of those things that veteran players learned from partying and even the memories (either funny, great, or shitty) from partying in certain areas (i.e. the MPK/LS wars era, and Garlaige Citadel/Crawler's Nest...) have pretty much become non-existent for people who are now joining FF. ..And I think it's way too damn late to join FF nowadays anyways.

But hey... I'm no noob or new player so, hell... what's it to me? I know how to play -my- jobs so I can /point, /laugh at the fools who don't bother learning. And I enjoyed the partying days; I'm happy I played back then. In sum.. >_> FFXI is old now and different.. can't really complain about what direction things happen to take, because well... it achieves nothing.

tl;dr version: Nvm.....why bother to try summarizing things to someone who doesn't give two shits about reading?

[+]
By Vittles 2010-09-21 07:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Alexander.Gib said:
Moochers are gonna mooch, no matter what happens they will find a way. If they fix Abyssea to be like only level 70's can enter and they break SMN burning they would STILL find a way to do it. does how much you enjoy the game depend on how other play the game? It's like getting mad at people that use cheat codes in videogames. Who the hell cares
Well, its not exactly cheating as there isn't any specified or definitive way of leveling, there's only the ritual of the leveling process. So people get pissed when one has it easier to level than another, especially oldfags. The stark difference between SMN burns and Abyssea parties is that, most of the time, the low level "leech" if you want to call it that, actually has an incredibly important contribution to the party in its consistent mechanics of chest rewards and SMN burn is just using it as either sync or for the party leader to make money. Like I said, even when I was a 30 COR, I still did rolls WHILE opening chests.. so I didn't really do any LESS work than any other job, who more often than not, actually AFK more often than the chest *** does. Now in terms of still leeching in a party with no keys, we've all done our fair share from time to time of trying to take advantage of a party's situation and majority of the time, I found a gearless individual just doing it for subjobs that they'll never touch otherwise. More often than not, its the party leader, organizing everything.
Ethics... do you understand? level easier by chumping others. and oldfag? you know its only ok to call ***, *** if you are gay right?
Am I wrong? Leveling is leveling, no matter how you do it. You can white knight about your ethics, but they aren't real. There is no honor in a den full of hungry lions. If there is, they are in small packages by individuals, but not by the community itself and you can't expect that. If you don't agree with this, leave those parties or don't join them. Exp is abundant enough. Also, you shouldn't attack neutrality.
I didnt attack neutrality, seems you yourself say there is no honor (i assume you include yourself),leave me out of your lowlife grouping ... maybe the place you come from there is none. Ill keep mine intact. Oldfags? neutral? eh? miscreant come to mind when I hear from ppl like you. Yes you are wrong... maybe one day youll grow up and know leeching is wrong and using terms like oldfags is crap also.
Your assumption is wrong. You seem to think I'm defending the concept of leeching, when all I'm doing is speaking about the reality of things. It's clear you didn't even read my posting about the variations between leeching and chest whoring and since you seem to be so confused about the idea and how it even applies, because I never even said ***other than how I contribute to an abyssea party as a 30 COR doing rolls and spending my cruor, NOT AFKING while all these shitty DDs do for 20 min at a time wasting MY time in the process. If you believe that you can convert all these miscreant people from doing this, by all means make it your time's worthy effort. But don't get up my *** for shedding light on reality, since you seem so one sided and out of touch from it. Way to go on looking hellbent on making an enemy out of someone in a neutral stance, who never attacked your position.. who never "leeched" exp.. wasting "your" time in the process and even maintained the integrity of your views in previous posts.
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Alexander.Gib said:
Moochers are gonna mooch, no matter what happens they will find a way. If they fix Abyssea to be like only level 70's can enter and they break SMN burning they would STILL find a way to do it. does how much you enjoy the game depend on how other play the game? It's like getting mad at people that use cheat codes in videogames. Who the hell cares
Well, its not exactly cheating as there isn't any specified or definitive way of leveling, there's only the ritual of the leveling process. So people get pissed when one has it easier to level than another, especially oldfags. The stark difference between SMN burns and Abyssea parties is that, most of the time, the low level "leech" if you want to call it that, actually has an incredibly important contribution to the party in its consistent mechanics of chest rewards and SMN burn is just using it as either sync or for the party leader to make money. Like I said, even when I was a 30 COR, I still did rolls WHILE opening chests.. so I didn't really do any LESS work than any other job, who more often than not, actually AFK more often than the chest *** does. Now in terms of still leeching in a party with no keys, we've all done our fair share from time to time of trying to take advantage of a party's situation and majority of the time, I found a gearless individual just doing it for subjobs that they'll never touch otherwise. More often than not, its the party leader, organizing everything.
Ethics... do you understand? level easier by chumping others. and oldfag? you know its only ok to call ***, *** if you are gay right?
Am I wrong? Leveling is leveling, no matter how you do it. You can white knight about your ethics, but they aren't real. There is no honor in a den full of hungry lions. If there is, they are in small packages by individuals, but not by the community itself and you can't expect that. If you don't agree with this, leave those parties or don't join them. Exp is abundant enough. Also, you shouldn't attack neutrality.
I didnt attack neutrality, seems you yourself say there is no honor (i assume you include yourself),leave me out of your lowlife grouping ... maybe the place you come from there is none. Ill keep mine intact. Oldfags? neutral? eh? miscreant come to mind when I hear from ppl like you. Yes you are wrong... maybe one day youll grow up and know leeching is wrong and using terms like oldfags is crap also.
Your assumption is wrong. You seem to think I'm defending the concept of leeching, when all I'm doing is speaking about the reality of things. It's clear you didn't even read my posting about the variations between leeching and chest whoring and since you seem to be so confused about the idea and how it even applies, because I never even said ***other than how I contribute to an abyssea party as a 30 COR doing rolls and spending my cruor, NOT AFKING while all these shitty DDs do for 20 min at a time wasting MY time in the process. If you believe that you can convert all these miscreant people from doing this, by all means make it your time's worthy effort. But don't get up my *** for shedding light on reality, since you seem so one sided and out of touch from it. Way to go on looking hellbent on making an enemy out of someone in a neutral stance, who never attacked your position.. who never "leeched" exp.. wasting "your" time in the process and even maintained the integrity of your views in previous posts.
I did read your reply and all of them, and if you read all of mine youll see i said you went above and beyond the box ppl i have seen. I was attacking you when you say "THERE IS NO HONOR blaa blaa F'IN BLAA...." You didnt exclude yourself. So, it clear where you are. I know alot of ppl that have honor and ethics in game. I cant teach ppl how to be 'good' it was thier parents job... seems they failed in alot of cases. I have you saying there are no ethics and I can white knight about it but, it seems it wouldnt do any good because everyone is a lion and we have no honor. You fail in you argument and will fall over in life too with that mindset. Have fun in your life with your friends and familiy that have no honor or ethics. You are not neutral, you are in the group of lions that have no honor, remember. Just stay in your reallity and you world of a**holes.
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-21 07:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Chiurilo said:
leaching is not the problem. If you /seal all invites from lvl 1-70 there is about 10 people lfg. How can you blame people for that when there is no way to pt anymore. Thats the direction this game is going. Ayssea pt's only now. I leveld all my jobs threw regualr pts to 75. People *** that you wait for hrs to get a pt, but the game is dieing. So do whatever yu have to do to level now, leach or whatever, opening chests is not leaching to me cause you actually moving. I see more lvl 80+ standing around afk.
My last abyssea pt we had several people afk at least 6. had someone get hate from resting from a crapaudy and died and just sat there dead. the blm says brb but an half hour later nothing so we had to reform party because said blm was the leader... 2 hours later the blm timed out. why do people think they can get away with AFKing for huge periods of time? most people eventually notice... its sad. As people said before the Key *** is contributing something to the group the people who afk for hours on end do not. People who just leave without letting anyone know before hand annoy me also. it seems to be mostly JP that do that in my parties... give us a warning damn so we can have a replacement for you as you leave >.>
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-21 07:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i was key *** some times.
besides the leeching (which really starts after 1 hour, because you won't get exp the first half an hour anyway or longer depending on your alliance.) i did finding replacements for thos who left; counted lights and opened chests. anything else i had to do? no because that ***is still much stuff to do while managing chests. because every single idiot that goes afk over 15 minutes when saying "brb2 min" has to be kicked blacklisted and thrown onto a pile of ***. i work for my exp and yes i enjoy it. so what's your problem? If you can find a rep yourself that's fine but most tards are lazy (and not only DD's) so that's where i come in.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-21 07:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
If they don't leech in abyssea, they'll leech in an AF burn pt. At least if they leech in Abyssea they could actually be opening chests or something.

This thread is pointless.
[+]
 Asura.Ebry
Server: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-09-21 11:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Vittles said:
I did read your reply and all of them, and if you read all of mine youll see i said you went above and beyond the box ppl i have seen. I was attacking you when you say "THERE IS NO HONOR blaa blaa F'IN BLAA...." You didnt exclude yourself. So, it clear where you are. I know alot of ppl that have honor and ethics in game. I cant teach ppl how to be 'good' it was thier parents job... seems they failed in alot of cases. I have you saying there are no ethics and I can white knight about it but, it seems it wouldnt do any good because everyone is a lion and we have no honor. You fail in you argument and will fall over in life too with that mindset. Have fun in your life with your friends and familiy that have no honor or ethics. You are not neutral, you are in the group of lions that have no honor, remember. Just stay in your reallity and you world of a**holes.

I've read this, like.. 3 times and little to none of this makes any sense. Before you start preaching about honor and ethics you might wanna practice spelling, proper grammar and punctuation. No one will take you seriously if you can't even spell simple words like family correct. Just sayin'.
[+]
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-21 11:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kicked a person in the group I went w/ yesterday for Cure botting. We were on Crawlers in Atthowaa, they arent too tough but bad position of the mob means everyone gets nailed w/ incinerate. Theres this rdm in my party who i will not name. Was sitting on 1010 MP the entire party. Except he would refresh himself, then cast stoneskin. Toss maybe a cure III out here and there.. actually Cure III on himself was all I saw and that was when he got hit w/ mild incinerate dmg. Our alliance was in bad condition from our WHM leaving, and the only other RDM was our sleeper. Incinerate just about hit and threw everyone in red and this RDM in my party is just standing around for an hour, doing nothing but the same routine and sitting on full MP. I ended up switching parties and on SMN i main healed (much easier with cure 4 now), but I started to get curious, so the leader booted him. For over an hour he stayed in the same position, casted refresh on himself.. then stoneskin... and then even cured our alliance from the outside but only 1 person! If he was really there he most likely would have said something or go angry and not let his time run out right?

No names given. I'm seeing this way too much lately. This is actually the 2nd encounter of this guy, the first time he was on SCH. Then just random ppl. After a while you can just tell somethings fishy.

We tried talking to the guy in party chat too- we were talking about how hes just standing around doing nothing but curing himself and on full MP while the rest of the mages are dieing from curing so much.
That grinds my gears. I mean... if your gonna run a cure bot would you seriously walk away from ur PC entirely and just think that a bot is gonna be intelligent enough to really replace a real player? Just a thought, Im not saying its okay to use a bot in Abyssea like this. I just think all around its lame. I like to think things thoroughly alot but I just dont get it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 11:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes the bot will be more intelligent than a real player sadly enough -_-
[+]
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-21 11:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I guess. The cure reaction was pretty darn fast but it was only targeting himself and 1 other person out of 15 people.

When I'm RDM in Abyssea I Refresh the people who need it in my party, maybe throw some hastes. It all depends on the situation. If Im main healing, I wont toss many hastes out if Im struggling on MP. One thing I do make sure I do to every mob though-- Dia III and Slow II(especially if there is no bard). Maybe it gets into a situation where my playing style vs this guys is clearly different.

It was pretty obvious he was running a cure bot and that saddens me. It makes me think about how many dang people out there do this and get away with it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-21 12:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

People will stop bot EXP'ing in Abyssea alliances when alliance leaders consistently kick them. Sure, it *should* be each person responsibility to do their part and not leech in Abyssea EXP, but frankly, in a group of 18 randomly selected people, there's always gonna be 1-2 douchebags, 1-2 morons, and 1-2 gimps ... and those people just aren't likely to pull their weight. Thus, it falls on the group leader to kick their sorry *** out.

Unless that happens, lazy and/or busy and/or selfish people will just keep at it.

Moral of the story, kick 'em. And leave them in Abyssea, too (not D2) so their Visitant Status time gets wasted. At least they might get some enhancing magic skill-ups from their Refresh/Stoneskin bot-spamming.
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 12:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does it REALLY bother you if people leech?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7