By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 18:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ricco said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
well im 85 now and you see we
Lakshmi.Ricco said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Maybe it does more dmg the less hp you got ;)
it doesnt,
2.2K is the max i have gotten and i can do that with vertical cleave already

how exactly do you get this high of a vert cleave? what kind of mob and what sj and gear?

/nin on mandys in abyssea with efflux+CA capped blue magic skill gear is in item sets

ah i figured /thf lol wish i could play >.< Efflux helps much or just kinda meh? Id think it would be helpful but idk since I've not played this month lol :(

I wasn't trying to be an *** btw just wondering cause many ppl play blu differently :) I like being /nin so i don't get beat on all the time lol so ill enjoy this once im back

it is amazing for spells that get nice attack boost/ftp
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-10 19:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

nice I can't wait to try it out lol bet that with skillchain boost would make some nice dark sc
 Shiva.Duey
Server: Shiva
user: Duath
By Shiva.Duey 2010-09-10 19:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Was helping with crests and did 3700dmg on Lesser colibri, they only have like 2000 HP. So i wondered how much dmg i could do on Greater Colibris.

Went there, tried out. One shotted :) Love SE

By Flionheart 2010-09-10 19:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Duey said:
Was helping with crests and did 3700dmg on Lesser colibri, they only have like 2000 HP. So i wondered how much dmg i could do on Greater Colibris.

XD nice!
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-10 19:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Duey said:

Damn nice. You use general diss/fren gear? What is your setup? O.o
 Shiva.Duey
user: Duath
By Shiva.Duey 2010-09-10 19:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Shiva.Duey said:
Was helping with crests and did 3700dmg on Lesser colibri, they only have like 2000 HP. So i wondered how much dmg i could do on Greater Colibris. Went there, tried out. One shotted :) Love SE
Damn nice. You use general diss/fren gear? What is your setup? O.o

Yup general diss/fren gear. Ate Squid sushi. got STR+70 DEX+56, Efflux/Chain Affinity/Azure Lore (0%) and Fantod x11 (not sure if that helps or not)

Edit: I was /NIN too

My friend was THF/BLM. so No extra buffs from another job :)
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-09-10 21:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, that might explain that then. I heard that all 3 (Efflux, Chain Affinity and Azure Lore) stack so you can have far beyond 300% TP for the next spell.

I've also been reading that Fantod does boost damage to blue magic as well.
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-10 23:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Last 2 updates have been nothing but a pure win for Blu.
All the new physical spells do some serious damage final sting seems trash but its better than self destruct.
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-10 23:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mefuki said:
Ah, that might explain that then. I heard that all 3 (Efflux, Chain Affinity and Azure Lore) stack so you can have far beyond 300% TP for the next spell.

I've also been reading that Fantod does boost damage to blue magic as well.
its not as much as it sounds. fantod gives approx 10 attack per cast and can stack 10 times i think. i havent noticed a difference with my spell dmg using x10 fantods
Edit: on the other hand <3 quadratic continuum and goblin rush. can pull off 3k dmg solo skillchains with gobby rush and quadratic continuum with chain effinity and efflux doing 1500-3000 dmg a spell <333

now that i think about it i dont think attack effects spells anyway just melees and wses
By Aisha 2010-09-11 00:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

so has anyone tried stacking Fantod x10 then using Sanguine Blade? with my build atm i'm doing 780-900+ to Abyssea mobs it would also be a good way to figure out how much MAB Fantod adds
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-11 00:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only just level 84, so haven't had a chance to play with fantod of rape continuum, but I'm kinda disappointed with fantod already if I have to cast it 10 times to get something decent out of it... I was really happy that it was only 12mp and 1 set point, but now it's 120mp and what, a minute of repetitive casting?

Still, I'll wait til I actually use it before I reserve judgement fully.

As for final sting, what I was trying to say is that using it on an abyssea mob at near full health (and ~1500HP myself) did decent damage, nothing special really considering it put me to 1HP, but more damage than I managed with any other spell. Then using it on a level 20 mob that only has about 600HP did ~250 damage, twice in a row. So I'm wondering if it might have an acceptable use for HNM with a lot more HP than your average abyssea mob.

I don't think you can write it off just yet until you really know how it works is all. Maybe try it in campaign, they have more HP than normal mobs don't they?
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 01:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i did a 0 against a wivre in grauberg then 1200 ... think u need to be engaged for it to work. unless spell was just bugged on me
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-11 01:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it the same wivre? What were the HP of you and the wivre each time?
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-09-11 01:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Last 2 updates have been nothing but a pure win for Blu.
All the new physical spells do some serious damage final sting seems trash but its better than self destruct.
Does serious damage, but leaving you at 1 HP is iffy. If you have no problems letting Stoneskin handle it before a quick Plenilune, I save this until its the last spell i need. Good for fights against harder mobs where you need a lot of kick for your MP.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2010-09-11 02:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
i did a 0 against a wivre in grauberg then 1200 ... think u need to be engaged for it to work. unless spell was just bugged on me

Wivres have that move where all physical damage deals 0 when you're facing it in the front.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 02:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:

Wivres have that move where all physical damage deals 0 when you're facing it in the front.
no i casted on it when not engaged with mob
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-11 02:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My.FB.Quote said:
‎"To bring peace and order to this world, every American should try to remember how to forgive. We found the men, they have been executed, no more violence. Further provocation will result in more death. I am not an American, but I prefer peace and life over war and death."
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 02:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
My.FB.Quote said:
‎"To bring peace and order to this world, every American should try to remember how to forgive. We found the men, they have been executed, no more violence. Further provocation will result in more death. I am not an American, but I prefer peace and life over war and death."
any reason u felt like spamming this in like 10 different forums? lol
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-11 02:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
My.FB.Quote said:
any reason u felt like spamming this in like 10 different forums? lol

I was surprised it took him this long to do it.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 02:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I know! lets talk again about how awesome BLU is
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-11 03:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting it again because of how awesome it is.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 03:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:

This ^

Edit: must have had multi- double attacks in that spell only way i can see it doing that much. My best at this point was about 3100 dmg against an xp mob
By semimmortal 2010-09-11 03:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have missed the post somewhere (read the SE site, but just confirming here), but by how much was our refresh gimped?
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 03:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Might have missed the post somewhere (read the SE site, but just confirming here), but by how much was our refresh gimped?
its equivilant of an RDMs refresh 1 now it used to be a 4 a tick but its 3 now but longer length
By semimmortal 2010-09-11 03:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
semimmortal said:
its equivilant of an RDMs refresh 1 now it used to be a 4 a tick but its 3 now but longer length
Yeah, was pretty awesome when I got it. Couldn't get back into the game yet (beta's eating my time!)
Sucks it's gimped... at least the new physical spells looks wicked.
Just read the part regarding Fantod (again, if this was posted, please forgive me). It stacks and affects Magical attack, so... maybe it's sweet for our nukes?
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 03:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
semimmortal said:
Yeah, was pretty awesome when I got it. Couldn't get back into the game yet (beta's eating my time!)
Sucks it's gimped... at least the new physical spells looks wicked.
Just read the part regarding Fantod (again, if this was posted, please forgive me). It stacks and affects Magical attack, so... maybe it's sweet for our nukes?
The boost is only really good for using before WSes id say. there are better spells to cast before you cast a nuke on blu. i think it was memento mori? for its mp cost and point cost to set it is still nice though
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-11 03:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

This ^

Edit: must have had multi- double attacks in that spell only way i can see it doing that much. My best at this point was about 3100 dmg against an xp mob
Spells don't double attack... He just had high pDIF and got good rolls on most/all hits.
Odin.Blazza said:
I'm only just level 84, so haven't had a chance to play with fantod of rape continuum, but I'm kinda disappointed with fantod already if I have to cast it 10 times to get something decent out of it... I was really happy that it was only 12mp and 1 set point, but now it's 120mp and what, a minute of repetitive casting?

Personally not impressed with it in standard DD situations. Worth neither the time nor the MP. Tanking, waiting on SATA timers when /THF, or just general epeening though... different story.

2 DEX for 1 set point isn't bad either.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 03:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

This ^

Spells don't double attack... He just had high pDIF and got good rolls on most/all hits.
Odin.Blazza said:

Personally not impressed with it in standard DD situations. Worth neither the time nor the MP. Tanking, waiting on SATA timers when /THF, or just general epeening though... different story.

2 DEX for 1 set point isn't bad either.
u sure about the no double attack? u have any sources? i always thought spells double attacked just like normal hits. 1250 a hit seems way too much for normal hits
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-11 04:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite sure, I have a buttload of tests performed by myself and others that indirectly refute the point, and I can do far more than 1250 on a pDIF and fSTR capped non-CA VCleave so I fail to see how this is so unbelievable on a high pDIF & fSTR (probably capping one or both) CA Efflux Azure Lore'd spell with a Damage varies with TP mod against a piercing weak target. Would you like a kitchen sink with those buffs?
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 04:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'm quite sure, I have a buttload of tests performed by myself and others that indirectly refute the point, and I can do far more than 1250 on a pDIF and fSTR capped non-CA VCleave so I fail to see how this is so unbelievable on a high pDIF & fSTR (probably capping one or both) CA Efflux Azure Lore'd spell with a Damage varies with TP mod against a piercing weak target. Would you like a kitchen sink with those buffs?
never tried azure lure with new spells ... maybe thats how he hit that high