New BLU spells 9/8 Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-09 19:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There are worse uses for your MP if you're just /THF CASA'ing ***, but yeah aside from that and its use as a hate tool and prepping before fights I'm not finding it worth casting.
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 19:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Asura.Selennia said:
When I was testing Goblin Rush last night it was in Teriggan on lost souls, lizards, bunnies and goblins. Today I got to test it out in Abyssea on mandies. With pizza my non CA damage was around 400 to 800 with a high of 880. With CA from 650 to a high of 1173. I also got to test Quadratic Continuum for a little bit. With Fantod and CA I got around 700-1.4k with a high of 1475. As for the gear I was casting in, I'll post it in a second.

Fantod stacks with blu spells? :O
I'm 90% sure it did for me, I'll test it some more learning last spell.

Edit: Yeah it did for me.
Mind posting your data?
When I get back in I'll do some more testing in bastion. ^^ While in Abyssea my Quadratic Continuums were jumping from around 1.2k to 1.4k, could've just been missed hits on the cast without Fantod. Just assumed it was Fantod because the symbol disappeared after casting spell(no melee swings yet).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-09 19:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That is pretty suggestive that it works for spells. Would probably have to stack it a bit to know for sure but that's promising information at least.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-09 19:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also to note for anyone, Savage + QC = Distortion. I just tested on terrigan mobs. So I assume QC is of Distortion property.

Edit:
Vanity Dive skill chained with Red Lotus for Scission, and RLB is Detonation and Liq, so it must be Scission property
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-09-09 23:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Also to note for anyone, Savage + QC = Distortion. I just tested on terrigan mobs. So I assume QC is of Distortion property. Edit: Vanity Dive skill chained with Red Lotus for Scission
What were your numbers on these? Pretty happy with Savage > dissev for power Distortion, help me change my lineup :D
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-09 23:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Also to note for anyone, Savage + QC = Distortion. I just tested on terrigan mobs. So I assume QC is of Distortion property. Edit: Vanity Dive skill chained with Red Lotus for Scission
What were your numbers on these? Pretty happy with Savage > dissev for power Distortion, help me change my lineup :D

Fighting Cockatrice in Terrigan.

With just CA, usually about 2300 QC, with Efflux, I've gone up to 4k QC + ridiculous distortion(with skillchain bonus set =D)
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-09-09 23:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
I've gone up to 4k QC + ridiculous distortion(with skillchain bonus set =D)
This being the spell that has kicked my *** trying to learn. Got all the rest of the Empty spells with minimal effort, but these gorgers are just not letting me learn it. I think my gloves are borken...
 Ramuh.Sekundes
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Sekundes 2010-09-09 23:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what's the spells modifiers?
( Goblis Rush and QC to be exact, should I use big 3 sets or STR build?
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 04:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Sting Slashing
stupid stupid spell..............

Goblin Rush Blunt

Vanity Dive Slashing
stacks with sneak attack
Whirl of Rage Slashing
very High damage on campain mobs 1600~ with CA and efflux
Benthic Typhoon Piercing(cone AOE)
Stacks with sneak attack getting 1600~2200 on bunnys in cape~
Quadratic Continuum Piercing

By Arcari 2010-09-10 07:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quad. Continuum needs to be renamed to Rape Continuum. This spell is INSANE. Peaked at 2170 with Efflux + CA against worms in Abyssea. Had the BLMs complaining that I was outdoing their strongest nukes lol.

And it's piercing? Altana help any piercing weak mob that crosses our paths now...

Also, Final Sting is quite good actually, if you can prepare for using it ahead of time. Got 1292 from Abyssea worms with CA, but got killed immediately by Sandspin, it was hilarious.

Ragnarok.Agerknux
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-10 13:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcari said:
Quad. Continuum needs to be renamed to Rape Continuum. This spell is INSANE. Peaked at 2170 with Efflux + CA against worms in Abyssea. Had the BLMs complaining that I was outdoing their strongest nukes lol.

And it's piercing? Altana help any piercing weak mob that crosses our paths now...

Also, Final Sting is quite good actually, if you can prepare for using it ahead of time. Got 1292 from Abyssea worms with CA, but got killed immediately by Sandspin, it was hilarious.

Haha last night I decided to say hello to the bats in Abyssea Vunkerl. I fired up CA + Efflux and let off a QC...a hot 4.2k

On the other note, how are you guys even damaging with Final Sting? I was testing damage in Terrigan and kept doing 0 damage. On the gobs, the cockatrice and the raptors. What am I doing wrong?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-10 13:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcari said:

What's the mods on it? HP? I tried it a few times and it was crap each time.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-09-10 14:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been theorizing that it may work kind of like Zantetsuken, with better results if the monster is closer to it's max HP or has a lot of HP. Not set in stone, though.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 16:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

final sting is stupid it doesnt matter if you can get 1K out of it or not there is QC that is 3 more MP does twice the DMG and doesnt kill you.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-10 16:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
final sting is stupid it doesnt matter if you can get 1K out of it or not there is QC that is 3 more MP does twice the DMG and doesnt kill you.
Understanding how it works could help a lot in making it useful. Cannonball was thought to be crap under initial testing.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 16:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

there is not acceptable time that a spell that kills the user will be used also its ACC is not fixed with SA i SA a bunny in the dunes with it for 300 dmg

it is by far the worst spell we got this update...
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-10 16:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be too quick to write it off... I did 1400 damage or so with it in abyssea (using every JA I have), then went to Dunes and failed to kill a sheep... twice... I'm actually wondering if the "damage proportional to HP" refers to mob HP rather than your own.

edit: okay, casting it on a mob when I have 1hp made it do 0 damage... Maybe it depends on both your HP somehow.
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 16:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-10 16:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Maybe when you're low on MP and the mob just needs one more good chunk of damage?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-10 16:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, either it's mad broken or there's some strange factors involved. From the sounds of things it includes monster's HP and caster's HP. Maybe a percentage based on the caster's Current HP/Max HP(which would basically make low HP casts do no damage). At max'd HP, you'd presumably do 100% of the spell's effect, which is based on the target's HP(in the event you weren't resisted).

And, like said earlier, it could be mad broken, and we'll either see a fix for it in the future. Or it could remain useless/broken forever.

Edit: One way to test this would be to cast on three mobs with similar current and max hp. First mob cast at 100% of your current HP. Second mob cast at 50% of your current HP. If it does 50% damage, then that could be the factor we're looking for. Try a third mob at something like 25% if the correlation isn't 1:2.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-10 16:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it does more dmg the less hp you got ;)
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 17:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
it doesnt,
2.2K is the max i have gotten and i can do that with vertical cleave already
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-10 17:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
it doesnt 2.2K is the max i have gotten and i can do that with vertical cleave already
That isn't even what I was saying... I meant maybe low hp made it do more dmg
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 17:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesnt as in your hp being low does not make it do more damage its more like a 95% resist rate at lower HP
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-10 17:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

95% resist rate? So sometimes it will still do good damage while at 1HP? Or will it never do good damage at 1HP?

If the latter, it's probably an equation like...
Damage = ((Caster's Current HP) / (Caster's Max HP)) * (Rest of the equation))

So at full HP, you'll get the full benefit of the rest of the equation. But, if you're at 1/1250, you'll consistently get your *** handed to you in damage. Since that's reducing whatever damage you would have done by diving it by 1250. Square Enix rounds down damage, so that's why we'd see 0s.
By Aisha 2010-09-10 17:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so poeople are saying Quadratic Continuum makes Duel wield with Animating Wail or Blazing Bound, does anyone know if this might increase it to duel wield II etc if all are equiped?
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-10 17:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
it doesnt,

how exactly do you get this high of a vert cleave? what kind of mob and what sj and gear?

Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 18:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

well im 85 now and you see we
Lakshmi.Ricco said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
it doesnt,

how exactly do you get this high of a vert cleave? what kind of mob and what sj and gear?

/nin on mandys in abyssea with efflux+CA capped blue magic skill gear is in item sets
 Caitsith.Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-09-10 18:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Aisha said:
ok so poeople are saying Quadratic Continuum makes Duel wield with Animating Wail or Blazing Bound, does anyone know if this might increase it to duel wield II etc if all are equiped?

it does not =[
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-10 18:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jar said:
well im 85 now and you see we
Lakshmi.Ricco said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
it doesnt,

/nin on mandys in abyssea with efflux+CA capped blue magic skill gear is in item sets

ah i figured /thf lol wish i could play >.< Efflux helps much or just kinda meh? Id think it would be helpful but idk since I've not played this month lol :(

I wasn't trying to be an *** btw just wondering cause many ppl play blu differently :) I like being /nin so i don't get beat on all the time lol so ill enjoy this once im back