First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-09 12:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Trying for the new abyssea ones solo right now, should be fun @_@ lol.

Edit: 1/1 on Osmosis on second mob, first one kept spamming a paralyze breath attack.

Move to shiva and duo with me D: I only need the Aby mob spells now, lol.

Edit: What camp are you at?
 Asura.Selennia
Server: Asura
user: Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 12:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to Misareaux, managed to find some T Amoeba, they weren't too bad. The other mob, I only saw ITs of them. ;;
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-09 12:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
I went to Misareaux, managed to find some T Amoeba, they weren't too bad. The other mob, I only saw ITs of them. ;;

Boo.. I might wait for a bit and go earn some merits. A couple friends of mine have decent 80BLUs but they don't usually get on until EST evening ;_;
 Asura.Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 12:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's looking like I'll have to either level up some or get help for Murex. So far only one not IT I saw was an ephemeral. D:
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-09 13:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible to solo every spell... I did it myself.

Osmosis can be learned in Abyssea-Attohwa near the very first martello. Just be careful of magic aggro from the damn jellyfish. And Typhoon I got in Abyssea-Vunkerl, north of Conflux #2. Most are IT/T mobs but there are at least 2 that are DC to a lvl 80. I believe those mobs detect by JA though.. lmao Sam friend got owned by three Aeroga III's at once.

The spells from the crags are not hard but rather tedious to get. Vanity Dive can be soloed although quite challenging from the Tough mobs. For the other two I just climbed to the third floors and used hand-to-hand to feed the mobs TP.

The rest of the spells I'm sure any experienced Blu can go solo np.

On a side note.... I want AF3 bad. lol
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-09-09 13:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Is it jsut me or are these extremely easy to learn? O.o

1/2 Goblin Rush
1/1 Final Sting
1/1 on all empty spells
1/1 Whirl of Rage....

just you =-p , it took me a few tries on final sting , no luck on rage yet , still trying to get rush before work. am gonna try on the empty spells tonight.

edit: after i typed this i learned goblin rush lol. maybe i should type here first than i'll learn it?
 Asura.Kadoyuu
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2010-09-09 13:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Was reading on BlueGartr that so far, looks like BLU gets :

Zanshin- from Whirl of rage + Final Sting
Skillchain -bonus from Goblin rush + Benthic typhoon.
LightSC- Savage Blade ->Goblin rush.

PLEASE be good...
From tests I did it was good, Goblin Rush was doing around 1600, closing light for around the
same.

@
selenia ; could you post the gear set you castes
goblin rush in? And the mob you casted on pahlease?
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-09 14:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
It's possible to solo every spell... I did it myself.

Osmosis can be learned in Abyssea-Attohwa near the very first martello. Just be careful of magic aggro from the damn jellyfish. And Typhoon I got in Abyssea-Vunkerl, north of Conflux #2. Most are IT/T mobs but there are at least 2 that are DC to a lvl 80. I believe those mobs detect by JA though.. lmao Sam friend got owned by three Aeroga III's at once.

The spells from the crags are not hard but rather tedious to get. Vanity Dive can be soloed although quite challenging from the Tough mobs. For the other two I just climbed to the third floors and used hand-to-hand to feed the mobs TP.

The rest of the spells I'm sure any experienced Blu can go solo np.

On a side note.... I want AF3 bad. lol

Can get too weak weepers & wanderers first floor holla & too weak gorgers at first floor dem
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-09 14:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they were too weak at the first floor also, but they died too fast for me. ><
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-09 14:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Yeah they were too weak at the first floor also, but they died too fast for me. ><

They do die fast, but that's why you /whm and dia spam to give them 10tp/cast ~.^
 Valefor.Grozny
Server: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-09-09 14:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Can get too weak weepers & wanderers first floor holla & too weak gorgers at first floor dem
Can get too weak all on 1st floor dem.
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-09 14:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk what all the hype about G.rush only does 350 average on inc tough abyssea mobs with CA i got 700ish out of it @ lv 81...might be better @ 85 with cap skill idk...
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-09 15:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Idk what all the hype about G.rush only does 350 average on inc tough abyssea mobs with CA i got 700ish out of it @ lv 81...might be better @ 85 with cap skill idk...

Maybe compare it to your other big 3 spells, its definitely stronger.

My dissevs average about 600-800 and my gob rush averages about 800-900, reached a nice 1300 with CA though! Not to mention it has a shorter recast than disseverment

Vanity Dive seems pretty strong too, although I tried to chain it with Expiacion, Savage, and Vorpal and got NO skill chain. But for a 53 ish MP cost and 2 point set, its pretty decent.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-09 15:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Maybe compare it to your other big 3 spells, its definitely stronger. My dissevs average about 600-800 and my gob rush averages about 800-900, reached a nice 1300 with CA though! Not to mention it has a shorter recast than disseverment Vanity Dive seems pretty strong too, although I tried to chain it with Expiacion, Savage, and Vorpal and got NO skill chain. But for a 53 ish MP cost and 2 point set, its pretty decent.

Nice but were the mobs IT ?
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-09-09 15:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter if the mobs are IT. The spell is shown to have a higher Base Damage value, meaning it's a stronger spell. If you Goblin Rush sucked, odds are your Disseverment sucked harder, barring mob weakness/resistance.
 Shiva.Duey
user: Duath
By Shiva.Duey 2010-09-09 15:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Trying for the new abyssea ones solo right now, should be fun @_@ lol. Edit: 1/1 on Osmosis on second mob, first one kept spamming a paralyze breath attack.
Move to shiva and duo with me D: I only need the Aby mob spells now, lol. Edit: What camp are you at?

You could duo with me dan :p
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-09 16:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, not quite sure what the Bugards in konschtat check as, but I just got into a party and it seems Vanity Dive is crazy, constantly doing 500-900 damage without Efflux and Chain affinity, but they check as VT.

Edit: With temp items though, seems attack might modify Vanity Dive-- Can someone check?
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 16:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Duey said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Trying for the new abyssea ones solo right now, should be fun @_@ lol. Edit: 1/1 on Osmosis on second mob, first one kept spamming a paralyze breath attack.
Move to shiva and duo with me D: I only need the Aby mob spells now, lol. Edit: What camp are you at?

You could duo with me dan :p

DUEY!
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 16:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Duey is the best BLU I've ever had the pleasure to party with XD
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-09 16:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said:
It doesn't matter if the mobs are IT. The spell is shown to have a higher Base Damage value, meaning it's a stronger spell. If you Goblin Rush sucked, odds are your Disseverment sucked harder, barring mob weakness/resistance.
your responce has nothing to do with what i was saying.. did i say it wasn't a stronger spell lol kick rocks man...fukin tard lol i was just asking if the hight damage people were getting off the spell were done on IT's thats all...
 Asura.Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 17:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was testing Goblin Rush last night it was in Teriggan on lost souls, lizards, bunnies and goblins. Today I got to test it out in Abyssea on mandies. With pizza my non CA damage was around 400 to 800 with a high of 880. With CA from 650 to a high of 1173. I also got to test Quadratic Continuum for a little bit. With Fantod and CA I got around 700-1.4k with a high of 1475. As for the gear I was casting in, I'll post it in a second.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 17:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been seeing 900-2.4k Quads on birds in abyssea mis. From a galka but he doesn't have fantod. The new ja seems to help a bit.
 Asura.Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 17:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I've been seeing 900-2.4k Quads on birds in abyssea mis. From a galka but he doesn't have fantod. The new ja seems to help a bit.
I completely forgot about the new JA /blondemoment.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-09 18:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering we've just gotten the Boost job ability in the form of the spell Fantod. Maybe.. we can expect more low-level job abilities in the future? I know that Third Eye would be a fun one. :P

Any thoughts?
 Shiva.Duey
user: Duath
By Shiva.Duey 2010-09-09 18:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Duey is the best BLU I've ever had the pleasure to party with XD

Haha Thank you :) I try my best!
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-09 18:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
When I was testing Goblin Rush last night it was in Teriggan on lost souls, lizards, bunnies and goblins. Today I got to test it out in Abyssea on mandies. With pizza my non CA damage was around 400 to 800 with a high of 880. With CA from 650 to a high of 1173. I also got to test Quadratic Continuum for a little bit. With Fantod and CA I got around 700-1.4k with a high of 1475. As for the gear I was casting in, I'll post it in a second.

Fantod stacks with blu spells? :O
 Asura.Selennia
By Asura.Selennia 2010-09-09 18:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Asura.Selennia said:

I'm 90% sure it did for me, I'll test it some more learning last spell.

Edit: Yeah it did for me.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2010-09-09 18:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Asura.Selennia said:

Wow thats...SOOOOO Hot

Can you estimate a % or about how much?
I hit 85 but need to get them! Fantod is my next stop
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-09 19:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selennia said:
Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Asura.Selennia said:

Mind posting your data?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-09 19:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Asura.Selennia said:
Ragnarok.Agerknux said:
Asura.Selennia said:

Wow thats...SOOOOO Hot

Can you estimate a % or about how much?
I hit 85 but need to get them! Fantod is my next stop

From what I've read, it gives 3% boost to attack/magic attack and can be recast up to 11 times. It wears off as soon as you attack, just like boost. Total of 33% more attack / mab.

Keep in mind that 11 casts is 132 mp..