Forum » FFXIV » General » Hm....
Hm....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 12:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I used search and couldnt really find a place for this. So ill just leave this here.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/24/final-fantasy-xiv-players-only-allowed-1-hour-a-day/

Discuss.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
I used search and couldnt really find a place for this. So ill just leave this here.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/24/final-fantasy-xiv-players-only-allowed-1-hour-a-day/

Discuss.

It's already been debunked, the translation was bad.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 12:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

linkify me, search found nothing
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-24 12:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

when was this even like said and when was it debunked

how are u that bad at translation that you get something like that if it is wrong
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-24 12:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easy to trust a website with ads like this.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't do that, it was on the chans. I'd expect a proper translation in a few days though. From what I can see they meant the surplus begins after 1 hour of constant EXP.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-24 12:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

if it is true i sense lots of mad players
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 12:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Can't do that, it was on the chans. I'd expect a proper translation in a few days though. From what I can see they meant the surplus begins after 1 hour of constant EXP.

So its been debunked, but you cant prove it....
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

So its been debunked, but you cant prove it....

Nope. but neither can that interview be proven.

I guess we're at a stand-still here.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-24 12:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Additional details (from update 2):

* There are mechanisms built into FFXIV to slow players down when playing a single class. If you play one class too much in a short period you start hitting “surplus experience”, which means you’ll be getting less EXP per kill. This is meant to make it so hardcore players won’t get too far ahead with 1 class.
* If you switch classes (weapons), surplus does not carry over, so you can start leveling a second class once you hit surplus EXP.

Is this what you mean? Found it on http://www.ff14news.com/

It sounds pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Limiting players who want to get ahead fast so the casuals won't be too far behind is silly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-24 12:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst case scenario is that it doesn't go over well and FFXIV fixes it by flipping a single switch and a 5 minute maintenance.

Onoez the world is ending
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 12:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

From what im hearing, you have to pretty much be constantly changing jobs to avoid it. it may not be 100% you cant do ***like the article says, but limiting players that want to get ahead is majorly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In the beta, after 6 hours of exping the max amount of surplus exp was 11%.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-24 12:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression it was only done for the beta to encourage people to try new classes and get all the bugs worked out.

Even if it's not, it's only like 10% decreased exp after 2 hours, and slowly goes down after that.
By chichi 2010-08-24 12:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

From what im hearing, you have to pretty much be constantly changing jobs to avoid it. it may not be 100% you cant do ***like the article says, but limiting players that want to get ahead is majorly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I agree this is kind of stupid..I don't really understand some of the decisions s/e has been making with there games as of lately.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-24 12:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if true, that does sound pretty lame. But I haven't even decided whether or not to play 14, soooo... maybe it will resolve itself by then.

I DID want to pop in to say that it's extra lame considering that the new xp thing in 11 is kind of the opposite. (Though it's ok for casual, too, Abyssea really rewards large time commitments.)
By Eurra 2010-08-24 13:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I am sort of waiting for the ps3 version. Gives me a chance to see what's true and what isn't by people who are actually playing the game giving reviews.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-24 13:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I was under the impression it was only done for the beta to encourage people to try new classes and get all the bugs worked out.

Even if it's not, it's only like 10% decreased exp after 2 hours, and slowly goes down after that.

I feel it would be a beta-only thing as well. No point in grinding in a beta since it'll all be lost. SE probably just wants everyone to try everything for feedback instead of everyone saying "OMG BLACK MAGE PLS FIX THIS" while no one even tries out another job.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-24 13:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping this was just within a class so you're encouraged to do something else, but holy ***...

I've heard of some games from Asia (notably ones from Korea or China) having this type of penalty in an effort to save hardcore gamers from themselves. Basically the people who didn't heed the warning that appears every time you login about letting the game affect your school, work, family, and friends. But as crazy as they've been in the past, I never expected this from SE.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-24 13:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
I was hoping this was just within a class so you're encouraged to do something else, but holy ***...

I've heard of some games from Asia (notably ones from Korea or China) having this type of penalty in an effort to save hardcore gamers from themselves. Basically the people who didn't heed the warning that appears every time you login about letting the game affect your school, work, family, and friends. But as crazy as they've been in the past, I never expected this from SE.
Someone obviously didn't read the replies to the OP. We pretty much debunked that post within 30 seconds.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-24 13:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Bahamut.Weasel said:

Someone obviously didn't read the replies to the OP. We pretty much debunked that post within 30 seconds.

Didn't see the quote where it was talking about switching weapons. Let's hope that it's true.
 Bahamut.Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-24 13:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, how long do you think it would it take to get to 0 exp? 18 hours of constant gameplay or something? If that's the case, that's not so outrageous after all.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-24 14:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Additional details (from update 2):

* There are mechanisms built into FFXIV to slow players down when playing a single class. If you play one class too much in a short period you start hitting “surplus experience”, which means you’ll be getting less EXP per kill. This is meant to make it so hardcore players won’t get too far ahead with 1 class.
* If you switch classes (weapons), surplus does not carry over, so you can start leveling a second class once you hit surplus EXP.

Is this what you mean? Found it on http://www.ff14news.com/

It sounds pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Limiting players who want to get ahead fast so the casuals won't be too far behind is silly.
That's actually a really cool and interesting idea o.o

Get people play different classes every few hours.

I wonder if people will find a way to break this... like switching back after an hour or something.

I kinda like the idea, but i kinda don't because i want a mage job that's good first. (mainly a WHM-type)
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 14:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Bahamut.Weasel said:

Saying something is debunked doesnt actually debunk it. He never gave any proof, in fact he proved it was true with that surplus crap. It may not be as extreme as the article, but the point is still there, hindering players that play longer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-24 14:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying something is debunked doesnt actually debunk it. He never gave any proof, in fact he proved it was true with that surplus crap. It may not be as extreme as the article, but the point is still there, hindering players that play longer.
IT's not really a hinderance if the player would like to, let's say, play a THF class and a WAR class, all he has to do is change weapons and BAM he can still gain experience.
Of course this means being in the same area killing the same things longer but they can experience more jobs/classes in a day if they have hours to spare.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 14:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
IT's not really a hinderance if the player would like to, let's say, play a THF class and a WAR class, all he has to do is change weapons and BAM he can still gain experience.
Of course this means being in the same area killing the same things longer but they can experience more jobs/classes in a day if they have hours to spare.

it is a hinderance if you want to do one thing.
By Randomguy 2010-08-24 14:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

win >.>
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-24 14:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

it is a hinderance if you want to do one thing.
I think you can still exp for 6 hours but for like 2-3 days you won't get exp/limited exp on that class. (to my understanding)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-24 14:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Siren.Enternius said:

win >.>
made of win!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7