Hm....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-24 21:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Still that one shouldnt of been that bad there 50k accounts just in the EU database.

Not sure about JP and NA so should of still been a decent stress test.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 21:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lets say you buy a brand new shiny first person shooter type game. You play for a few hours, and *** yes your having the time of your life. But uh oh, its starting to get cold in the game. So the game makes you sit down for 10 hours and knit yourself a sweater before you can go out and shoot some more ***.

Youd think the designers lost their damn mind. Arbitrarily making you do some meaningless task that you really dont want to do. Thats exactly how it is here. In ffxi, id kill myself if i was forced to craft. most boring ***ever.

Apart from you're not forced to 'knit a sweater' you're being nudged into changing weapons.

But carry on nay-saying a game you know nothing about. It amuses me.

And you do realise that currently after about 6 hours you had an 11% decrease in EXP. that is not stop you from levelling, it stops you from levelling fast.

The point is still there, they are trying to make you do something you dont want to. that is the entire underlying argument. i do not want to craft. i want to kill ***. why should i be punished for that?

I don't see it as a punishment, I see it as an opportunity. and the fact of the matter is you penalised in such a small way it barely matters. Why should we get punished in XI for dying, when it's normally out of our hands?

Dying is a negative thing and deserves penalties. Trying to lvl up is a major part of the game.

As makekase said, the purpose of it is to make you level up a wide aspect of jobs, to make your current job have more abilities. It also doesn't completely stop you from levelling up a job. And I would assume there will be items to lessen the fatigue (and if not it is only 11%).

I could say the same thing ive said 4 or 5 times, that they are trying to make me do things i dont want to, but then we would just be going in circles huh?

Well I didn't want to level up a subjob, but I still did.

You did it on your time when you wanted to right?

No I rushed it when I really wasn't in the mood, so I could do end-game with friends.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 21:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lets say you buy a brand new shiny first person shooter type game. You play for a few hours, and *** yes your having the time of your life. But uh oh, its starting to get cold in the game. So the game makes you sit down for 10 hours and knit yourself a sweater before you can go out and shoot some more ***.

Youd think the designers lost their damn mind. Arbitrarily making you do some meaningless task that you really dont want to do. Thats exactly how it is here. In ffxi, id kill myself if i was forced to craft. most boring ***ever.

Apart from you're not forced to 'knit a sweater' you're being nudged into changing weapons.

But carry on nay-saying a game you know nothing about. It amuses me.

And you do realise that currently after about 6 hours you had an 11% decrease in EXP. that is not stop you from levelling, it stops you from levelling fast.

The point is still there, they are trying to make you do something you dont want to. that is the entire underlying argument. i do not want to craft. i want to kill ***. why should i be punished for that?

I don't see it as a punishment, I see it as an opportunity. and the fact of the matter is you penalised in such a small way it barely matters. Why should we get punished in XI for dying, when it's normally out of our hands?

Dying is a negative thing and deserves penalties. Trying to lvl up is a major part of the game.

As makekase said, the purpose of it is to make you level up a wide aspect of jobs, to make your current job have more abilities. It also doesn't completely stop you from levelling up a job. And I would assume there will be items to lessen the fatigue (and if not it is only 11%).

I could say the same thing ive said 4 or 5 times, that they are trying to make me do things i dont want to, but then we would just be going in circles huh?

Well I didn't want to level up a subjob, but I still did.

You did it on your time when you wanted to right?

No I rushed it when I really wasn't in the mood, so I could do end-game with friends.

ok you could have done it whenever you want....the game didnt try to force you.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 21:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The game didn't force me, the thought of being gimp did.

The exact same thing will happen here.
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-24 21:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I played rdm when I first started I was forced to lvl mage sub.

Sub job in 11 was a hinderance not a bonus most of the time.

11 limits me to certain play styles. I wanna go drk/sam parties say no come /nin.

now if those jobs where in 14 I could of made myself a drk/sam/nin.

Making myself stronger and also more defensive. helping the party in more situations than i could of in 11.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 21:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:
I played rdm when I first started I was forced to lvl mage sub.

Sub job in 11 was a hinderance not a bonus.

Pretty much this. Being forced to level a subjob pissed me off big style. In this game it just seems faster and more efficient.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 21:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Gimp ppl will be gimp. Gimp ppl will lvl to the highest lvl even with the exp-, then not do other jobs. I like to lvl my SJ first, then my main. For example when i did sam. I lvled NIN THF and WAR to 37, then i did sam. i didnt get them all to 10, then all to 20, then all to 30. i should be able to focus on one job.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 21:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Gimp ppl will be gimp. Gimp ppl will lvl to the highest lvl even with the exp-, then not do other jobs. I like to lvl my SJ first, then my main. For example when i did sam. I lvled NIN THF and WAR to 37, then i did sam. i didnt get them all to 10, then all to 20, then all to 30. i should be able to focus on one job.

It would take the exact same time, so it makes no difference.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 21:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Thats exactly the point, if it makes no difference, why is SE trying to force play styles?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 21:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Thats exactly the point, if it makes no difference, why is SE trying to force play styles?

Because it makes no difference in that situation, it still makes sense in the overall nature of the game. The system is there, I'd suggest you deal with it or don't play. Quite a simple choice really.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 21:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Because it makes no difference in that situation, it still makes sense in the overall nature of the game. The system is there, I'd suggest you deal with it or don't play. Quite a simple choice really.

see now we were being civilized and you go and say that...a big part of a MMO is freedom, this system takes away freedom.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 21:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

see now we were being civilized and you go and say that...a big part of a MMO is freedom, this system takes away freedom.

Every MMO has limitations on freedom. Point me to an MMO that you are completely free in. Would a fatigue system work in XI? No. Would it work in XIV? I don't know, I'm sure as hell willing to give it a try though.

I may seem uncivilised, but a pet peeve is someone complaining about a game before release.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-24 21:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Thats exactly what they are not doing. They have given us the chance to totally level our class the way we want.

From stats to abilities all can be changed. Now to make this fair they have put in a penalty system to slow ppl down.

No point rushing upto X level when crafters havent got weapons armour into circulation.

Would just mean you would be up their with gimp armour and weapons. As their would be none to purchase unless very lucky.

I think they gave us enough freedom we are not bloody william wallace.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 21:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd heard the fatigue system was based around the economy.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 21:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Every MMO has limitations on freedom. Point me to an MMO that you are completely free in. Would a fatigue system work in XI? No. Would it work in XIV? I don't know, I'm sure as hell willing to give it a try though.

I may seem uncivilised, but a pet peeve is someone complaining about a game before release.

After the last big game releases(Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Smash Bros Brawl), ive learned to expect the worst from games that are coming out. If it looks good, its probably ***. And this one is starting to get shitty before its even out, sure the monsters look cute in HD. But fatigue, no out of box endgame, crafts as actual jobs, its all starting to look like it wont be worth the price of admission.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 21:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

After the last big game releases(Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Smash Bros Brawl), ive learned to expect the worst from games that are coming out. If it looks good, its probably ***. And this one is starting to get shitty before its even out, sure the monsters look cute in HD. But fatigue, no out of box endgame, crafts as actual jobs, its all starting to look like it wont be worth the price of admission.

I point out the fact that XI had no end-game on release, a job system that was completely slated, and 'unique' to an MMO and a crafting system that was completely different.

MMO's need time to grow. XIV will be no different.

I agree with Brawl being a disappointment however.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-24 21:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If im wrong, ill be the first one here singing the praises and saying i was completely wrong. But im not gonna rush out to a party in germany all excited and end up the B in a human centipede.
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-24 21:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm FF11 never had endgame when it came out of the box.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-25 00:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fatigue rumour debunked:

http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=23080

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-26 13:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Halloween said:
what exactly does that debunk? He says it doesn't work that way, but offers no explanation to how it does work. Sounds like he's stalling.
A little ninja edit of the system in the next couple of days and they'll be like "Oh, silly players! It is supposed to be this, this and this. not what it really was but we got frightened by the bad pr! no no no!"

There's another thread for this. Feel free to use that.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-08-26 14:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You posted the link he replied to it, and you say for him to go to another thread? Idiot
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-08-26 14:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Er, on second thought, dupe thread was Flame Cored. Reopening. xD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-26 14:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said:
You posted the link he replied to it, and you say for him to go to another thread? Idiot

I don't feel like writing out the entire thing again when there's another thread on the front page about that exact link.

So sue me.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-26 14:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Er, on second thought, it was Flame Cored. Reopening. xD
and i bet this one will soon be flamecored

also i really liked the title of that one as well

is it possible to clean that up and re-ffxiv-general it? and just topic ban those trolls?
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-08-26 14:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

is it possible to clean that up and re-ffxiv-general it? and just topic ban those trolls?
/sigh But that's so much work.... :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-26 14:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to make an XIV general, but I really don't want people there with the only point of derailing it and trolling.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-26 14:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

/sigh But that's so much work.... :/
lol

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7