Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » vermeil bhuj vs sumeru steel cyclone + 10%
vermeil bhuj vs sumeru steel cyclone + 10%
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-03 01:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn you're right, love my Osode too much to let go.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 01:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
icwutudidthar.
=D

I normally don't troll, but couldn't resist that one. I wouldn't automatically consider off-topic posts trolling, but if it's designed to get a response out of somebody rather than promote discussion then yeah, trolling.
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ixion
Can think of 2 shells of the top of my head that utilize SAM/NIN tanks against DI.
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-03 01:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
icwutudidthar.
=D I normally don't troll, but couldn't resist that one.
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ixion
Can think of 2 shells of the top of my head that utilize SAM/NIN tanks against DI.

Before the 80 cap update? Never seen that before.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-03 01:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

I may have the meaning wrong, but isn't writing off-topic messages trolling? I do believe we're (you and I) talking about something unrelated to what the OP was looking for. I've trolled around a bit. You read that Rajas/Sattva topic in PLD. I trolled some hardcore stuff there. AH.com forums is a trolls' paradise. This place is loaded with trolls.

you weren't trolling

you deleted all your sets and hid everything on your page once everyone jumped on you

that's not how trolls behave

nice attempt at playing it off though captain DEX
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 01:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Yeah. Volume and uh... Nirvana of Pandemonium, dunno what they're called now on Asura. There's probably more but it's not really something I keep tabs on.
Server: Fairy
user: ramone89
By Fairy.Benevolentone 2010-08-03 01:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dragonstr said:
Ok just to set the record str8.i think i've used /thf all of one exp party just to see what it was like. SUB whatever u like idc. SC is still an awesome ws. Essentialy my average SC is anywhere from 600-1800 going as high as 2500. i've done the same with KJ and rr. To clarify i never said that SC was the best ws in a warriors arsenal simply that it wasn't useless.
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/124393

You realize that when you say that what you really mean is I focused on my SC build and used it a whole bunch, and then I used that same shitty build on my RR/KJ and for some odd reason I missed 2/3 of my hits. Therefor since I used a shitty RR build and a decent SC build and only WS at 300% SC is better than RR/KJ.

Suck Less.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 01:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can show you 5 parsers right now of my WAR/SAM using KJ out parsing my WAR/THF and my WAR/SAM using SC.... WAR/SAM with KJ on DI avrgs mid 800's spikes around 1.1+ SC only does around 600, 1k /THF at 100tp and like 2.8k 300tp /THF into Death.. Not only with KJ allow a easier 6hit build, will overall out perform SC hands down....
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-03 01:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Yeah. Volume and uh... Nirvana of Pandemonium, dunno what they're called now on Asura. There's probably more but it's not really something I keep tabs on.

Oh. Idk why you would do it as sam though. I'd think there would be hate issues with really aggressive rangers. I have learned something new!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 01:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're TPing off other mobs at DI then /THF arguably wins by default since it makes the biggest WS but given prior discussion, the value of such a tactic could be called into question if your DDs have experience with DI.
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Oh. Idk why you would do it as sam though. I'd think there would be hate issues with really aggressive rangers. I have learned something new!
Well, in Nirvana's case it's because the SAM was Ironguy and in Volume's case it's because Failure is the leader and you know how Failure is about SAM tanks. I'm not sure of the exact details involved, I just know that Volume positioned one SAM on each side of DI to maintain constant hate generation even with the whole no damage from the front or whatever thing.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 01:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are not TP'n on DI there is a serious issue
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-08-03 01:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:

I may have the meaning wrong, but isn't writing off-topic messages trolling? I do believe we're (you and I) talking about something unrelated to what the OP was looking for. I've trolled around a bit. You read that Rajas/Sattva topic in PLD. I trolled some hardcore stuff there. AH.com forums is a trolls' paradise. This place is loaded with trolls.

you weren't trolling

you deleted all your sets and hid everything on your page once everyone jumped on you

that's not how trolls behave

nice attempt at playing it off though captain DEX

I guess that is true.

If I was really trollin' I wouldn't have closed my page and deleted everything so people could be immature.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-03 01:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
I'm only curious, before you guys were in a "good" linkshell, how many times did you have PLDs be the tank, and only tank, and have DD/thf?
Not even close to relevant. Did it happen? Yes. Did we move beyond that? *** yes, and you can too. DDs should not be scared of occasionally taking hate off the main tanks.

i agree with you in principle. war/thf is awful and plds who need them to keep hate are even worse.

in practice, though, if you're starting the game late, sometimes the quickest way to get away from the gimps is to join one of their lses, shut up and /thf, get your basic endgame ***, and move on

no matter how much gear/game knowledge you may possess, excellence isn't gonna take you straight out of the gate, and you have to start somewhere, painful as it may be
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-03 01:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Benevolentone said:
Bahamut.Dragonstr said:
Ok just to set the record str8.i think i've used /thf all of one exp party just to see what it was like. SUB whatever u like idc. SC is still an awesome ws. Essentialy my average SC is anywhere from 600-1800 going as high as 2500. i've done the same with KJ and rr. To clarify i never said that SC was the best ws in a warriors arsenal simply that it wasn't useless.
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/124393

You realize that when you say that what you really mean is I focused on my SC build and used it a whole bunch, and then I used that same shitty build on my RR/KJ and for some odd reason I missed 2/3 of my hits. Therefor since I used a shitty RR build and a decent SC build and only WS at 300% SC is better than RR/KJ.

Suck Less.

im confused about your SC set having c.galea AND genbus kabuto, also having Exorcist Hose and Relic Legs, Alkys and Heca(alkys win hands down in SC btw)

which do u use? lol

but if this set is a makeshift all WS set, i can tell u its why your KJ/RRs suck

Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-03 01:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If you're TPing off other mobs at DI then /THF arguably wins by default since it makes the biggest WS but given prior discussion, the value of such a tactic could be called into question if your DDs have experience with DI.
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Well, in Nirvana's case it's because the SAM was Ironguy and in Volume's case it's because Failure is the leader and you know how Failure is about SAM tanks. I'm not sure of the exact details involved, I just know that Volume positioned one SAM on each side of DI to maintain constant hate generation even with the whole no damage from the front or whatever thing.

Yea just because you can do something, doesn't mean its fkin intelligent. I mean the main reason you can apoc tank without being gimp is that you have spells to back up your hate. Well you used to, *** you SE.
 Bahamut.Dragonstr
Server: Bahamut
user: warwizard
By Bahamut.Dragonstr 2010-08-03 01:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said my rr's and KJ's sucked lol. What i said was that SC is not A USELESS ws. I've done in the 2000's and above with all 3. i dont find any of them useless. My only point was i do as well and sometimes even better using SC than sticking to rr/kj religiously.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-03 01:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dragonstr said:
I never said my rr's and KJ's sucked lol. What i said was that SC is not A USELESS ws. I've done in the 2000's and above with all 3. i dont find any of them useless. My only point was i do as well and sometimes even better using SC than sticking to rr/kj religiously.

you've done high spike damage before? AMAZING
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-03 01:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
I'm only curious, before you guys were in a "good" linkshell, how many times did you have PLDs be the tank, and only tank, and have DD/thf?
Not even close to relevant. Did it happen? Yes. Did we move beyond that? *** yes, and you can too. DDs should not be scared of occasionally taking hate off the main tanks.

i agree with you in principle. war/thf is awful and plds who need them to keep hate are even worse.

in practice, though, if you're starting the game late, sometimes the quickest way to get away from the gimps is to join one of their lses, shut up and /thf, get your basic endgame ***, and move on

no matter how much gear knowledge you may possess, excellence isn't gonna take you straight out of the gate, and you have to start somewhere, painful as it may be
That falls under the "you can move beyond it" part of my post. Ends justify the means at that point, and the whole point of /THF is to create a safety buffer anyway. If you're just starting out, you're going to want that buffer. Once you have experience and better gear, the need for that safety buffer fades.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-03 01:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

That falls under the "you can move beyond it" part of my post. Ends justify the means at that point, and the whole point of /THF is to create a safety buffer anyway. If you're just starting out, you're going to want that buffer. Once you have experience and better gear, the need for that safety buffer fades.

ah, i see what you mean
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-03 01:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dragonstr said:

You generally need 200tp or higher to add wow factor to SC. So assuming /THF you're probably firing that WS at the start of the fight, ripping hate and likely getting killed, which in the downtime allows even the PLD to parse ahead. RR/KJ have impressive numbers at lower TP values and remain consistent.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-03 01:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

holy *** ***my war is going to *** completely ***on sam. Not only am i going to get a critcle hit bonus for my 2hr but i will also get sekkanoki.

This will make is so *** easy to store 200 tp sekkanoki>
2hr> king's justice> meditate> king's justice> store 20tp>
king's justice> icurus wing> wing's justice
yes i use a icurus wing why not extra ws who cares only 8k

yea im gonna do all this dmg i know im a gonner but who cares when u can get close to 10k dmg
my ws's do hit for 2.5k on my 2hr yes "i know sexy"

Nabis says you should sub samurai.
/thread
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-03 01:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw that edit!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-03 01:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

but it was an improvement nonetheless
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 01:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is what I was using vs. DI and it still got beat out by this using KJ If you can improve on a area, I'll go back to testing
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-08-03 01:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fierce Belt?
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-03 01:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Was against DI /SAM w/ Pizza x2 march and Chaos roll, so was below KJs attack cap
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-03 02:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Steel Cyclone is not useless or shitty. Saying so makes you look like a *** retard.

It's WAR's version of Spinning Slash. You'd use Steel Cyclone over King's Justice or Raging Rush anywhere DRK would use Spinning Slash over Guillotine.

And for *** sake. Stop assuming anyone and everyone has full back line support at all times. I get that it's optimal. But quite frankly, not every LS has the jobs. I'd say the minority actually have a full back line. If you're going to compare ***, you do so for the majority. Which are those without "proper" support.

@OP Post your Steel Cyclone set and I'll run some numbers between the two weapons.
 Cerberus.Scruffumz
By Cerberus.Scruffumz 2010-08-03 02:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Steel Cyclone is not useless or shitty. Saying so makes you look like a *** retard.

It's WAR's version of Spinning Slash. You'd use Steel Cyclone over King's Justice or Raging Rush anywhere DRK would use Spinning Slash over Guillotine.

And for *** sake. Stop assuming anyone and everyone has full back line support at all times. I get that it's optimal. But quite frankly, not every LS has the jobs. I'd say the minority actually have a full back line. If you're going to compare ***, you do so for the majority. Which are those without "proper" support.

I was actually waiting for this to be said. Was too lazy to do so myself.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-03 02:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scruffumz said:
Caitsith.Linear said:

I was actually waiting for this to be said. Was too lazy to do so myself.

The reply is invariably going to be "suck less" though. :p I do appreciate what Nightfyre and Mankey have to say, but the whole point of this is a critique not of the OP's WS choices, but of his whole endgame LS from frontline to back.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Server: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-08-03 02:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:

It had less to do with Failure leading and more to do with killing it fast and doing something else. Bringing a "tank" to DI is meh, DD's are just going to rip it off anyways. We just bring a bunch of DD/NIN's and go to town on it, nothing special.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-03 02:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone parsed the effect of having both the STR and VIT enhancements going for a SC build in Abyssea (for WAR/SAM?) Does it improve the performance any over King's Justice or Raging Rush? (I don't know the exact effect numbers for the bonuses to STR/VIT.)