Yes I have.
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2009-01-16 22:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dabamylord said:
Being an Asian who actually lives in Asia and not in the US, I hang out with the JP crowd. One of the main reasons why JPs don't like EN PTs is simple: they can't speak English. It's hard for a non-English speaking JP to tell an EN-speaking person important things IN DETAIL. Example, how do you think a JP's gonna say "omgwtfsex please tank backwards when fighting eyes cuz they can paralyze you"? If they say {shield} {front} {no thanks} would you understand that? It's the language barrier. Many English speakers should stop being so pre-emptively offended when they see "EN no thanks" on search comments and think about their side first. Whatever their reasons for not wanting an EN PT, you'll never know unless you ask them. If they say {English} {too weak}, smack them, but then again, why stoop to his/her level? It's not worth it.

So what's their excuse when you're speaking their language then?

Quote:
Secondly, I've had my share of EN/JP PTs. I'm not generalizing but I really hate it when most of the time, EN players would refuse PTing if some of the requirements aren't met. Just yesterday I invited a PLD to a colibri PT and he asked me if there's a BRD or RDM. I said no and he said no thanks. That kind of attitude irritates me. So I got pissed and I formed a JP PT and I got LV54-58 in a matter of hours while he is still seeking in Whitegate so I sent him a tell saying I'm LV58 now, sorry you got no PT yet and DCed to sleep. I also extremely dislike the arrogance of many American players. They formed an all-polearm PT and invited me, the sole WHM and they *** about me not casting Blind or Paralyze on a colibri where I'm too busy trying to cure their *** from being pecked to death, and I was using my HUME back then. Oh, when they checked me and saw I got no Serket ring, they asked me "are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or something why don't you have a Serket Ring". Not all Americans are like that, perhaps it's just my bad luck that I got to PT with the idiotic ones. One thing though, the worst elitists I've ever encountered in this game are not westerners, but JPs.

Not all JPs are racists because lately most of them are accepting bilingual PTs now (something I noticed since 2 years ago) and that's good. But you can NEVER erase {English} {no thanks}.

JPs do what you described just as much. What's your point?
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-01-16 23:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

His point was made pretty clearly, it seems you may need to re-read what he has said ^^;

Edit: Didn't meant for that to come off offensively, that really was not my intention^^; so I apologize^^;
The point he is trying to make is just the differences between Japanese and NA(collectively) players, and their attitudes toward certain aspects of the game.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-16 23:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dabamylord said:
Like you said, there ARE HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE players that STILL need to be told, no matter how old this game is, you will still encounter a RDM that rarely refreshes or hastes a NIN tank. Perhaps I may have PTed with a guy whose head isn't THAT bright, but for them JPs to resort to me to translate to tank backwards or turn around when eyes do that Para move on an uncommon camping site for LV37 Gazers on Eldieme shows the insufficiency of the auto-translation function, since it's been unestablished as to how to effectively tell a non-JP tank to "tank backwards" or "turn around whenever the Gazers do that para move". For those people who STILL don't learn from their mistakes despite the redundancy of fighting the same mobs over and over and not be prepared, well tough luck for them.

YOu have all the right to disagree and I respect that, but what I wrote is just based on my own personal observation and I wrote out as a possible reason. Be it sold for you or not is cool with me, what I'm trying to say is that people NOT be automatically offended just because they see "EN no thanks", at least not without knowing WHY first. I highly discourage boiling it down to bigotry and/or racism as the 1st conclusions.

You are using a very uncommon example as criteria to justify a very widespread problem.

A very uncommon example, you even admitted it, slime mobs are not a common exp mob, nothing that needs to be tanked backwards is a common exp mob. We seek the weakest prey we can, the easiest things to kill, always.

The last I can recall a commonly exp'd mob needing backwards tanking or trying to turn to avoid a move was torama in labrinth of onzozo long ago. It does not apply to 99% of party camps of today. That being said my point remains unchallenged.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-17 00:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Although the topic is WHY it happens, as opposed to how rampant the "problem' is.. I really don't think it can be THAT much of a problem. It's an inconvenience sure, its limiting yes, but it doesn't bar people from doing things.

Unless 95% of your server is from the same region, and only willing to accept the same region players, meh.. let it be.

We all speak from our own servers, and our own experiences. I see JP only alot less on Pandemonium but it still happens. Let's not blow this out of proportion. If it really affected everyone so hardcore, nobody in NA would be getting anything done. :P

Again, my opinion only. Flame on.

Hi, due to my job for many years i was forced to play only late nights with JP ONRY. I still don't have CoP finished, amazingly i finally got a day job, could play some NA time frames and bingo i'm on 8~2 many years after it's released.

I managed to level quite a few jobs during that time frame, but there are usually late night NA's on as well, but for grouping missions and ***via shouts all i ever see in whitegate was JP symbols, i didnt see missions happening ever that late.

Yes, it affects some of us hardcore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.