First Page 2
 Unicorn.Grimjow
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2010-07-26 00:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious???

I have read numerous posts about how Walmart Turban trumps Ace's Helm. Even though you lose 7 Acc you gain 1% haste.

So why do people rag Ninja's that TP in Acuben's Helm vs Turban??

I realize you lose 10 Acc but you gain 1% more haste. And Acc Can be made up in other slots.

My basic undertanding for TP has always been this.

Haste
Acc
Atk

In that order for TP.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-26 00:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Grimjow said:
Just curious???

I have read numerous posts about how Walmart Turban trumps Ace's Helm. Even though you lose 7 Acc you gain 1% haste.

I realize you lose 10 Acc but you gain 1% more haste. And Acc Can be made up in other slots.

Haste
Acc
Atk

In that order for TP.
Because ace's helm is worn by 2hand jobs, which get a huge boost to accuracy and also benefit more from the haste (when using hasso).

Nin has less acc to work with to begin with and gains less attack speed from the 1% haste than a 2hander transitioning from ace's to turban would.

If your acc is capped, feel free, but on anything worth a ***, as far as nin is concerned, you won't be.
[+]
 Unicorn.Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2010-07-26 01:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ty Tiger.

2 more questions for you.

What would be the perfect TP and Jin set for Ninja.
Gil not being a factor. Just curious.

And the 2nd question. How do you guys post item sets on pages? Just img link the link it gives in the item set page?

thx in advance
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-26 01:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin, idk off the top of my head, and don't really feel like looking at all the options, so I'll leave a nin expert to that.
 Unicorn.Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2010-07-26 01:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha I see how it is :P

I would say this is pretty close to tops as far as TP?

Helm being
Haste +3% "Snapshot" +2%
Dex +2 Haste +2

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 01:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Grimjow said:

Helm being
Haste +3% "Snapshot" +2%
Dex +2 Haste +2

Use turban and save the anwig for a ws head on jin, as tiger mentioned acc is a factor in 1Handers, especially nins. 2dex will just come out to +1acc over turban, while the wsacc and acc from anwig is irreplaceable for ws. You won't get that much on any other 1 piece.
[+]
 Unicorn.Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2010-07-26 01:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Otherwise it looks ok?

I only try to avoid Turban because it's SOOOO UGLY >.<
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 01:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Grimjow said:
Otherwise it looks ok?

I only try to avoid Turban because it's SOOOO UGLY >.<

.dats man. I'd wear a subligar with pink ruffles if it has enough haste and acc on it. Ofc I'd mod it out, I could care less if everyone else has to look at my *** in it. :D

Ignoring bullwhip belt being a little better depending if you need hp/resists or not, I'd just say get dusk hands+1 for daytime if gil isn't an issue like you said. That's the ideal set more or less though. On a side note nin doesn't really tank HNM anymore, so I doubt you would be in a situation where bullwhip belt would hurt you much.

The new tier III VNMs drop some sweet ***, loving the hochomasamune.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-07-26 02:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

WS

Augments:
-Kikoku: DMG:48 Delay:210 ATT+25 Additional Effect: Paralysis "Blade: Metsu"
-Enchu: DMG:36 Delay:232 Occ.atk. twice
-Anwig Salade: WSACC+15 STR+4 ATT+5 ACC+10

Dusk Gloves +1 would be swapped with Koga Tekko +1 at night.

Shinobi Ring is used after latent is forced.
 Asura.Atua
Server: Asura
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-07-26 02:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no ninja, but this if I was I'd want to get something like this:
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-26 02:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Grimjow said:

Helm being
Haste +3% "Snapshot" +2%
Dex +2 Haste +2

That body isn't as nice as you'd think. For anything you're hurting for accuracy on it's good, but otherwise the DW bonus on AF body would pull you ahead.
Plus Dusk+1 gloves beat Koga hands pretty much always assuming you don't just only XP during the night.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 02:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, what is the exact time gap advantage from Dusk-Dawn over just night time only?
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-07-26 02:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusk to Dawn is 17-7. Night is 18-6.

At least, I think that's correct.

EDIT: Fixed
 Unicorn.Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2010-07-26 02:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Atua said:
I'm no ninja, but this if I was I'd want to get something like this:

The Wyvern Earring only works if you /DRG.... Not sure if you knew that....?

Also Senji Perdue are outdated sadly.... If Relic is not an option (even though this was a "perfect" set to speak)

Then you could get something like Sekka +6 Dex +8 Acc if I remember right?

* Also Zilant ring will be better in almost all cases because of this....

"A stat that is compared with an enemy's agility to determine the likelihood that a character's blow will be a critical.

The higher an attacker's DEX, the greater their Critical Hit Rate against an opponent is."

You will lose 1 Acc overall but gain 6 Dex towards crit mods :)
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-26 02:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also like to mention since the level cap update to 80 the ace's helm is VERY helpful again when capping acc is hard even WITH food.

/end derail lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-26 07:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My only question for Acuben's Helm users is:

What are you gonna do when A Cuban comes looking to get his helm back?

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-26 07:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
My only question for Acuben's Helm users is:

What are you gonna do when A Cuban comes looking to get his helm back?
I lol'd
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-07-26 09:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my Acubens for Blue Mage. Attack does little for spells, so I usually pop sushi to land hits. Sushi ends up being overkill so I use both Acubens Helm and Tiercel Necklace for that slight extra boost in haste vs. the loss of 20 accuracy(compared with Turban and PCC).

If there are times when I don't have food on me and I'm doing some slightly harder stuff, I'll change my macros though. When you get to DC+ mobs you can start to see a big difference when losing 20 accuracy.

It's really odd, because most Blue Mages I see wear Homam Head for whatever reason.. Maybe that's for headbutt?
[+]
 Bismarck.Aryden
Server: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-07-26 09:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

probably the haste + hp and MP
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-26 10:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And macc for headbutt if you spamming it every like 6 sec it's not really worth switching in and out over and over and over
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-26 10:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Grimjow said:
Just curious???

Haste
Acc
Atk

In that order for TP.

It'd be better to think of it as not gaining accuracy, rather than losing it. Acubens physically takes your accuracy away from you, whereas Turban just fails to add it (in comparison to Aces.)
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 12:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I love my Acubens for Blue Mage. Attack does little for spells, so I usually pop sushi to land hits. Sushi ends up being overkill so I use both Acubens Helm and Tiercel Necklace for that slight extra boost in haste vs. the loss of 20 accuracy(compared with Turban and PCC).

If there are times when I don't have food on me and I'm doing some slightly harder stuff, I'll change my macros though. When you get to DC+ mobs you can start to see a big difference when losing 20 accuracy.

It's really odd, because most Blue Mages I see wear Homam Head for whatever reason.. Maybe that's for headbutt?

If you are using headbutt like you should and the big 3, you won't see a difference in that 2% haste. While sushi is great since it's hard to cap acc on blu -20 is a lot. I doubt you are sitting on capped acc with -20 even with sushi tbh. ATK may not help your spells, but it does help your melee.

I macro in gear for headbutt with my scripts. AF body, Ohat ect. but a lot of ppl are lazy and fulltime homam head. It also gives them a slight boost to acc during melee too, maybe it caps acc for some? I don't recommend it, but I see why some ppl do it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-26 13:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that hard to cap acc with said -20 using sushi. Hell I wouldn't wear PCC to tp in unless I somehow could eat meat and still cap acc in tp phase AND spells.

I overcap acc on most things without with only 15 acc less in those 2 slots using pizza.

And I don't even wear acc rings or swd anymore. Hell all my tp peices have haste, double attack, DW, and/or str on them besides blu relic body. But you better believe I'm switching to morri as soon as I get it.

The point of full timing homam head is more for the macc for the stun proc and because switching back and forth can be detrimental and annoying to say the least if you spamming.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 13:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
The point of full timing homam head is more for the macc for the stun proc and because switching back and forth can be detrimental and annoying to say the least if you spamming.

If you write your script properly your gear will change before the spell goes off and change back before you melee and it's not detrimental. You just end up gimping yourself with the homam head.

I hit one macro and it does all of it for me, if your an xbox user this is a different story and if you are a PS2 user you should kill yourself anyway.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-26 13:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:

If you are using headbutt like you should and the big 3, you won't see a difference in that 2% haste. While sushi is great since it's hard to cap acc on blu -20 is a lot. I doubt you are sitting on capped acc with -20 even with sushi tbh.

One DEX Shamshir.
Capped accuracy with sole/squid/bream sushi
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 15:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:

If you are using headbutt like you should and the big 3, you won't see a difference in that 2% haste. While sushi is great since it's hard to cap acc on blu -20 is a lot. I doubt you are sitting on capped acc with -20 even with sushi tbh.

One DEX Shamshir.
Capped accuracy with sole/squid/bream sushi

That's 1. Assuming they are using a dex/acc magian and 2. Ignoring the fact you could wear more acc and eat pizza.

This isn't just about gear and sushi, you have to consider if you have more acc gear you can eat food that gives more ATK, that while it doesn't help with spells, it DOES help with your melee dmg which is a nice portion.

I will say now that we are level 80 and fighting stuff we were at 75, yes you have a lot more acc from the levels, but I'm not just talking about this temporary situation, in the future they will be adding stronger mobs, the ones in abyssea even right now are pretty evasive tbh.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-26 15:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
If you write your script properly your gear will change before the spell goes off and change back before you melee and it's not detrimental. You just end up gimping yourself with the homam head. I hit one macro and it does all of it for me, if your an xbox user this is a different story and if you are a PS2 user you should kill yourself anyway.
Sometimes. But frankly its annoying to litterally be constantly blinking. And can mess with doing other spells right away.

Even at 75 there were few mobs I could come blu to that I couldn't easily overcap acc with pizza. And considering how much more expensive pizza is now.... yeah I'll stick to sushi. Food aside blu is naturally the most accurate 1hander especially in tp phase. If no other reason because of things like homam and the fact that making sure you cap acc in your spell set without acc gear is most important.

If you can cap acc in spell set without acc gear than whatever acc you happen to have on your tp set assuming you got good gear should keep you capped still even with acubens and triecel
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-26 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
If you write your script properly your gear will change before the spell goes off and change back before you melee and it's not detrimental. You just end up gimping yourself with the homam head. I hit one macro and it does all of it for me, if your an xbox user this is a different story and if you are a PS2 user you should kill yourself anyway.
Sometimes. But frankly its annoying to litterally be constantly blinking. And can mess with doing other spells right away.

Even at 75 there were few mobs I could come blu to that I couldn't easily overcap acc with pizza. And considering how much more expensive pizza is now.... yeah I'll stick to sushi

I'm not talking about what is practical or for ppl that are lazy though, you are basically saying pizza cost too much and you are too lazy to hit macros, and don't like blinking lol.

If you want to argue those points it's really just an opinion battle at that stage and there's no use. You can use anything you want, I'm not trying to make you do otherwise. You can agree though if you aren't lazy and you have the gil, pizza with more acc gear and proper swaps are better?

Maybe your point is speaking situationally because you rarely use it? I don't use mine anymore either tbh. Use w/e works for you I'm just talking about in general for all pupose use.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-26 15:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blinking constantly isn't just annoying it messes things up. I can go to the next spell alot faster without blinking then if I did. ANd since I spam headbutt yeah it matters

How about this. Name me one situation where you can cap acc in your spell set without acc gear that you need 50acc in your tp set to cap acc then?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-26 15:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Something among the lines of:
?
(I just put in Vbelt as an example, but Swift is fine... I don't even have vbelt lol)
First Page 2