Who's Going To Quit FFXI At The Release Of XIV?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Who's going to quit FFXI at the release of XIV?
Who's going to quit FFXI at the release of XIV?
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Whitemiget 2010-07-31 14:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is *** over all of the xbox payers, such idiots
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-31 14:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Nvidia. I still get some lame FPS freezes, so I'll be updating anyway. But it's playable at least.

What card? I have a 9800GTX+ and I have issues with it graphically too. Most of my FPS freezes are in town or around a group of other people. When no one else is around me I can solo or duo fine, but I have had it where the frames suddenly drop off and I have to restart the computer as nothing else fixes it.

EDIT: 1528 with the Benchmark and I turned off shadows and everything I could. I payed a lot for that card too ; ;
<_< I just went and looked up the release date on that card.. July of '08, that's practically archaic when it comes to video cards.

You can get a GTX400 series for right around 200 bucks, and that would be a substantial upgrade.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-31 14:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mines even older Dx It's a laptop and the card is integrated unfortunately. Thinking of ordering an alienware Mx11

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-31 15:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The chat log size is what irritates me the most lol. That no auto attack is meh, probably okay with that from playing RNG.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Corolie
Server: Bismarck
user: Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-08-13 01:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm already done with FFXI. It ain't no game anymores, It's more like a mother freaking full-time "Job". When I got my new rl job, and S.E Raised the lv cap killed my addiction for "Time sink MMORPGS" altogether. I'm in the FFXIV beta as we speak, and I must admit I'm extremely impressed with the combat system, Not to forget about sexy graphics. Unlike FFXI, 14 is a free style game you can be a great DD/Healer at the same time as long as you balance out stats (Str,Dex,MND, and etc)... Also for the record for all you elitism *** out there. Skills play a much bigger factor then just having the "Best armor stats" in this arena =).
Whitemiget said:
SE is *** over all of the xbox payers, such idiots

LMAO you blind dude. SE wanted this game to be on the 360 soo bad however M$ turned it away, because they don't want lolxbox players playing with ps3 gamers on an mmorpg.
 Odin.Fafnirr
Server: Odin
By Odin.Fafnirr 2010-08-13 01:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I sold all my sellable end game gear the other day now i have to umm take that gil and umm.... anyhow i didnt start FFXI at start but man i got farther then alot of others I know, in 2 years but when I heard of the release of this and then they started to do the expansions and level cap increase it became a JOB plus no one ever wants to do anything or help etc. to me FFXI is DEAD sorry to say but it is. I had many of great adventures and fighting endgame mobs and camping Kings and see friends me get awesome gear, but its done I was Happy to let go of all that gear and leave the game it was just soo much work to get there and in the end I felt like I had to play not for fun but for work. Anyhow my character is gown and iam playing FFXIV got a awesome BenchMark score 2k+ anyhow glad to hear some are staying for the 99 capp good luck and dont expect a check to jump out at you when you reach that LOL yes you will be able to solo all NM's but meh the drop rates arent worth my time and wont ever be worth my time again take care to you strong willed FFXI but you know deep down inside you want to come aboard to the new FFXIV dont lie to yourself LOL just giving you ffers a hard time anyhow til Sep ill be gaming it up on EVE lol the space MMO/PVP/IDK just has got my attention til then,,,
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-13 01:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

meh i dont wanna leave 11.. but dotn wanna play 14 (yet)..

then again i dnt really have the drive to progress myself more in 11

(over 75% left to explore and do but just... meh)

ill prolly sit around and watch all the servers merge as one in 2012 lol
[+]
 Asura.Railock
Server: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2010-08-14 19:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh... it's hard to tell at this point. Thanks to Abyssea, FF11 really picked up, downside is leveling all my subs again. I still have connections to people in 11, and would rather stick it out for a while longer since there's so much more to come. I want to at least see the end of WotG and the final Abyssea expansion.

As for 14, I can't make a sound judgment on getting it until it's released since its still in beta and everything isn't final. Seeing from the previews there are a few pet peeves I have with it already but as I just mentioned, it's in beta and things will change.

Reality being, I won't be playing MMOs forever. Rather finish one than getting sucked into another. As luring as 14 is shaping up to be, a wait and see approach is the best idea. There's going to be a trial version of it anyway.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-14 19:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Just trying to get a general consensus on who is going to quite XI at the release of XIV?

I know I'm going to, I'm probably going to sort out everything in the month prior and then I won't pay from october onwards.

I know XI will still have quite a few die hard fans who will stay, but personally for me the thought of no new people and even less population than there is now is a giant turn off.

The real question is how many of those people will wind up crawling back to XI 4 months later realizing their dramatic exit was just a big joke?
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-14 19:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

14 doesn't look that fun..i'll stick with 11... 14's graphics sure do look nice but an active battle system REALLY turns me off to the game itself.... idk
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-08-20 23:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

14 certainly got my attention. The most beautiful MMO I've ever seen. But, like others in this topic have mentioned, the more I hear about, the more I think I might not like it.

No auto-attack is a pretty big shot to it's appeal, in my opinion. Not really a fan of having to repair my gear.

Nonetheless, the high degree of hybridization allowed in 14 is a huge draw. I'm going to keep playing 11 until at least the new year. That should be enough time to get some solid info curculating about 14's gameplay mecanics.
 Midgardsormr.Sheebs
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sheebs
By Midgardsormr.Sheebs 2010-08-26 18:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV had my attention until all the bad stuff I hear about in the beta rolled in.

At this point, I'll wait and see if the game isn't a mess when the PS3 launch happens. I've been more excited for The Old Republic way more than I have been for 14.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-08-26 19:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That was my plan, I quit FFXI once I got into the beta for FFXIV. But after playing beta 1, 2 and 3 extensively (I really gave it a shot), I can say that I won't be playing FFXIV when it comes out. It's really nothing like XI and the things that made me really like XI are mostly gone in XIV.

Beta 3 is over now and Beta 4 will be Open Beta so anybody that hasn't been able to try the game will get a chance. Open Beta will probably start in early September.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-08-26 19:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the only other MMO worth quitting XI is that Star Wars MMO; everyone I know who is in the FFXIV Beta hates it.
 Ragnarok.Darkpearl
Server: Ragnarok
user: Darkpearl
By Ragnarok.Darkpearl 2010-08-26 19:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know would love play both, but doubt I can afford both. From my experience in alpha/beta isn't a bad game, but too many problems, I don't know, for me is too soon for release it. And even if I can play it, my PC still suffer. I think I will buy normal edition and try it, hope that the real servers got better, and maybe the game itself too.
 Lakshmi.Ratatosk
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ratatosk
By Lakshmi.Ratatosk 2010-08-26 19:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

well id like to play both but cant afford to atm i got the pc for it tho so im probably going to have to cancel FF11 for a while not saying for good just till i can aford both but definately for the time being i will quit 11 for 14
By AdamChiro 2010-08-26 19:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

is it truly set in stone that "auto-attack" will not or never be implemented in 14?

i had this hope that it was auto, but you had more manual control of TP'ish based moves with more frequency than 11.

Idk how you could play marathon sessions like the days of old in 11 if you have to press a button every single time to attack.

Guys, really? Is SE really as lame as most of us thought?

Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-26 20:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm google answered for me
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-26 20:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, with all the ***about ff14 going on right now, I'm not so sure anymore.I will wait for ps3 release, but I will prolly still play ff11 for a while.Like alot of ppl, I think I put to much time into ff11 to just give it up ;p Too many friends still in ff11 that isnt interested at all by ff14.

Maybe while waithing for ff14 exp to reset after 8h of exping I will jump in ff11 ;p
By Zekko 2010-08-26 20:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be buying the normal version, *** the 8 days starter for CE >_> such a waste of irl gilz
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-26 20:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Will be buying the normal version, *** the 8 days starter for CE >_> such a waste of irl gilz

The CE gives 30 days free, which costs 13 bucks. A security token(always good). and other crap that no one probably cares about. So the cost is pretty much the same, 8 days sooner.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-08-26 20:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

That's a good point, but imo only the hardcore players will be playing.

I dunno, I sort of disagree. I've never considered myself a hardcore player(never finished any of the expansion story lines other than ACP, never tried sea or salvage..heck, I don't even know HOW to install 3rd party apps, much less use them, lol), but I'll be sticking around for at least a little while. I only play a couple of times a week, and even then, it's just to do bcnm's or camp nm's with my rl friends, so I just can't justify the time sink necessary to build up a new character in a new mmo at this point in my life.

While I admit I'm curious about FFXIV, I won't be playing it. When the time comes to finally retire Sketchy for good, that will be my exit from the mmo world.
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-08-26 20:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no interest in starting a new MMO RPG. This is the only one I have ever played, and I will be playing it as long as it is alive and kicking. I have tons of things I want to do still, plenty of goals to keep me occupied and having fun right where I'm at. No other games necessary. 8)
[+]
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-26 21:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Silvaria said:
I have no interest in starting a new MMO RPG. This is the only one I have ever played, and I will be playing it as long as it is alive and kicking. I have tons of things I want to do still, plenty of goals to keep me occupied and having fun right where I'm at. No other games necessary. 8)

^ This. I'm not done with FFXI yet, I'm still having plenty of fun on it and lots that I want to do still. I have no interest in a new mmo. And I think people are kinda going overboard with the mindset that everyone is going to hop to XIV and then never come back. They are two different games, so I think there will be a fair amount of people who play both. FFXI is an old game, sure. And it's a dying game, sure. But that doesn't mean that people don't still enjoy it and won't still play it.
[+]
 Titan.Elevan
Server: Titan
user: Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2010-08-26 21:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

People need to get the hell over FFXI and move on to the next FF. Or at least give it a good try. XI is sure as hell not the be all end all of MMOs till the end of time. It's an 8 year old game thats highly dated.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-26 21:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Elevan said:
People need to get the hell over FFXI and move on to the next FF. Or at least give it a good try. XI is sure as hell not the be all end all of MMOs till the end of time. It's an 8 year old game thats highly dated.

Of course it's highly dated. But being a college student with a home, a husband to care for, homework to do, two projects already assigned in my 1st week back to school, and a portfolio coming up that's due (not to mention reading/studying), and a job, I have absolutely zero interest in starting a new MMO from the beginning. An old game that I like is good enough for me.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-08-26 22:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

/stare
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-08-26 22:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Elevan said:

No one here has claimed that FFXI is the "be all end all of MMOs", and you are free to "get the hell over it", as as some of us are free to continue playing it.

That's the awesome thing about living in a society with choices...you're welcome to yours, and I'm welcome to mine.