Who's Going To Quit FFXI At The Release Of XIV?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Who's going to quit FFXI at the release of XIV?
Who's going to quit FFXI at the release of XIV?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Ethics
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-07-16 22:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I enjoy FFXI, not another MMO. If it were an upgraded FFXI, I'd move to it. Seeing as how it's a different game for the most part mechanic-wise, I'll be staying here until I either move to KOTOR, or just don't wanna play FFXI anymore.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-16 22:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clairxi said:
If i quit playing ffxi i'm done. I love the graphics on ffxiv, but i don't like what i'm hearing about it. Guess i'll wait and see what happens, when more people start playing it.

This is why the NDA exists, it's early beta (Hell, still practically the alpha build, but with the new Combat System implemented) so Optimization and bug fixes haven't reached even a third of the place they need to be for a Retail launch, and that's to be expected.

A very large majority of people lied on their Beta/alpha applications as well, putting much higher specs than their Rigs really are, and the Alpha/Early Beta build was only designed to run on top-tier equipment, due to the nigh-complete lack of optimization.

The Retail Box lists Minimum requirements as

Intel Core2 Duo/AMD AthlonX2 dual Core @2.0GHZ
2GB System Memory (2.5 Vista)
GeForce 9600 Or Higher (512)

Aside from the graphics card, nothing is out of place in contemporary games in this age.

If a lot of the issues haven't been cleared up by Beta2 (August) then you can start worrying.

Now, if you have issues with the Stamina Based combat system, flexible and robust character development, Mercenary Contract-Like GuildLeve, well then, maybe FFXIV isn't the game for you.

If it's good enough, I will quit 11, but I'm not liquidating my ***until at least 3months of play, trust me on that.
 Sylph.Conchita
Server: Sylph
user: Conchita
By Sylph.Conchita 2010-07-16 22:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kwontess said:
But, it still leaves the issue of combat. I know some people like it, I just don't. I had higher hopes. I mean I go to fight a mob and I sit there 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2. If I stop doing that my character just stands there staring at the mob while getting smacked. I can't type to anyone while fighting. I don't want to do events where I can't send off a tell to someone or say something in ls because my character will stop swinging.

Welcome to the life of a mage. I like that idea, because I know plenty of melees that will engage and afk until the mob dies and then just sit there while others engage a new mob (Dynamis or Einherjar for example).
And about your PC problem; my husband and I played the beta and neither of us had a big issue (sorry, don't know our setups D: We scored 2163 and 4482 on high on the benchmark). Sure, there were like 150~ people around us, so you can expect some lag, but once the real game comes out you'll have more servers and 3 starting cities.

In the end, I'll probably quit 11 once 14 comes out. Preordered our Collector's Editions and excited for the game to come out!
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-07-16 22:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Within a month there will be a windower type program to 1,2,1,2,1 for you.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-16 23:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The combat complaints are kind of moot, I mean, how exciting is FFXI combat at the equivalent of Lv1-20. Jobs don't even start taking shape from more than WAR, BLM, WHM, until 30-60(Depending on the job)

And I really like the "Hands on" Combat, and the fact of the matter is, Even at 75, in FFXi, you're just Waiting to Switch gear and WS, and not much more (Depending on the job, that's why I hate WAR/MNK and such)

At least with the Hands-On combat, you feel a little more in control, and it also means there will be even more of a divide between skill and tards.

The fact that you can't type in combat is a good argument, but at the same time, from 0% to 99% Stamina, there's no penalty for timing really, meaning you can use all your stamina to 0%, then type your message, if you can't get sentences out that fast, you need to work on your WPM score.

Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-07-16 23:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

^This

Nothing so far that i've seen is a negative change from ffxi.

Granted we've yet to get a good grasp on precisely how their innovation in classes and such is going to work out in the long run, so i'm not saying it isn't without fault, just saying i'm excited about all the changes they've made so far.
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-07-17 00:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kwontess said:
I know its beta. I know there are bugs. The question is, can SE fix them in 2 months? The combat system is not a bug, its how its designed. Will they revamp it also in 2 months? I'm not trying to just be a hater. Its a beautiful game. I also really like having a last name (my wife and I can have the same, it sounds like a little thing, but its a nice touch). I can't stress enough how beautiful it looks. But, its effectively unplayable on one of my computers and only playable on the other if there is almost nothing going on. Will that be fixed in 2 months? I don't see it happening. I'll be playing beta up until the release tough, so if they fix it I'll change my stance.

But, it still leaves the issue of combat. I know some people like it, I just don't. I had higher hopes. I mean I go to fight a mob and I sit there 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2. If I stop doing that my character just stands there staring at the mob while getting smacked. I can't type to anyone while fighting. I don't want to do events where I can't send off a tell to someone or say something in ls because my character will stop swinging. I realize the defenders will say there is ventrillo and you can do some sort of voice chat, but I don't think I should have to.

All these people I know are ready to quit ffxi for ffxiv and they haven't played it for even a second. My experience has been purely negative of ffxiv and I wanted it to be positive. Can SE eventually fix all of this stuff? Yes, but I just don't see it happening in 2 months. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'm sorry but as a beta tester myself (and a hardcore gamer since the age of 4), I have to say people like you shouldn't even be allowed to beta test games. All you are doing is spewing one sided (and often inaccurate) information.

People who go into a beta expecting a fully functioning and fleshed out game are always going to be let down by it. You role as a tester isn't to be a judge, jury, an executioner. It's to test the game and provide intelligent feedback to make the game better.

The fact that you said it barely runs on either of your rigs pretty much killed any credibility you had. Of course its gonna play like garbage and you're not gonna like it if its not running properly. From the sound of it you haven't played the game at all as far as I'm concerned.

People like you are the reason their is a NDA for the beta. It's also ironic that people like you are the ones who don't honor said NDA.
[+]
 Leviathan.Xxor
Server: Leviathan
user: xxor
By Leviathan.Xxor 2010-07-17 00:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol this game is old, back from the ps2 era. its like beating a dead horse with a stick.... ff14 yes! and ive been plaing this game from day 1 of usa launch.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-17 00:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Kwontess said:
I know its beta. I know there are bugs. The question is, can SE fix them in 2 months? The combat system is not a bug, its how its designed. Will they revamp it also in 2 months? I'm not trying to just be a hater. Its a beautiful game. I also really like having a last name (my wife and I can have the same, it sounds like a little thing, but its a nice touch). I can't stress enough how beautiful it looks. But, its effectively unplayable on one of my computers and only playable on the other if there is almost nothing going on. Will that be fixed in 2 months? I don't see it happening. I'll be playing beta up until the release tough, so if they fix it I'll change my stance.

But, it still leaves the issue of combat. I know some people like it, I just don't. I had higher hopes. I mean I go to fight a mob and I sit there 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2. If I stop doing that my character just stands there staring at the mob while getting smacked. I can't type to anyone while fighting. I don't want to do events where I can't send off a tell to someone or say something in ls because my character will stop swinging. I realize the defenders will say there is ventrillo and you can do some sort of voice chat, but I don't think I should have to.

All these people I know are ready to quit ffxi for ffxiv and they haven't played it for even a second. My experience has been purely negative of ffxiv and I wanted it to be positive. Can SE eventually fix all of this stuff? Yes, but I just don't see it happening in 2 months. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'm sorry but as a beta tester myself (and a hardcore gamer since the age of 4), I have to say people like you shouldn't even be allowed to beta test games. All you are doing is spewing one sided (and often inaccurate) information.

People who go into a beta expecting a fully functioning and fleshed out game are always going to be let down by it. You role as a tester isn't to be a judge, jury, an executioner. It's to test the game and provide intelligent feedback to make the game better.

The fact that you said it barely runs on either of your rigs pretty much killed any credibility you had. Of course its gonna play like garbage and you're not gonna like it if its not running properly. From the sound of it you haven't played the game at all as far as I'm concerned.

People like you are the reason their is a NDA for the beta. It's also ironic that people like you are the ones who don't honor said NDA.
No offense but you sound hella-mad and one sided yourself. I find no opinion in there to support your claims such as "I have to say people like you shouldn't even be allowed to beta test games".
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
and a hardcore gamer since the age of 4

Give me a *** break who wasn't?... Or was that justification of your own opinion being better?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-07-17 00:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

On topic post:

I will for sure be jumping over to FFXIV at launch. I've played this game since the ps2 launch. For over a year now I've said I'm only playing because I'm waiting for the next big MMO that grabs my interest.

Another reason is I have over half a dozen RL friends (many who used to play FFXI) who are all on board to play XIV. Having a built in crew to play XIV with is a huge incentive.

I will more than likely keep my XI account active through October. But after that I don't see myself sticking around.
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-07-17 00:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Kwontess said:

No offense but you sound hella-mad and one sided yourself. I find no opinion in there to support your claims such as "I have to say people like you shouldn't even be allowed to beta test games".
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:

Give me a *** break who wasn't?... Or was that justification of your own opinion being better?
I would love to give a detailed reply as to why I think that guy had no business saying anything he did. But it would involve me talking about the beta in detail. Which would be against the NDA, which would kinda make me a hypocrite. ^^;
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-17 00:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

▒▀█▀░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░▒█░▒▀░▒▒▒▒▒▀░▒
▒▒█░▒▒█▀░▒█▀█░▒█░▒█░▒█░▒█▀█░▒▒▒
▒▒▀░▒▒▀░▒▒▀▀▀░▒▀░▒▀░▒▀░▒▀░▀░▒▒▒

But on topic as well... As many know i ship to Navy RTC September so I'll have no free time for quite awhile. I'll be lucky to logon and catch some events/exp during the first 6 months let alone start another MMO.

FFXI was my first/last big MMO bang sadly.
Premium
By Ladyjazz 2010-07-17 00:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is my 1 and only MMO. I still play on a PS2! I play casually and really enjoy it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-17 00:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Kwontess said:

Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:

Aside from the pointless "omg, i am gamr snce 4 lawl" everything he said is fair, and yes, that guy has no business being a Beta Tester. I've heard this tale countless times before "I dun like bete test is to lagie and no good geer can lvl up all way and reset char".

I'd estimate no less than 1/4 of the Beta testers thought it would give them a "leg up" on the masses when the game goes live, thinking they'd have a character leveled already.

The combat system itself also is not a very credible argument against the game. It's like Saying "Oblivion's combat was just Right Trigger/Left Trigger"(r Lclick, Rclick).

The test is only there to cement the fundamentals like Pacing and concept of the combat system, without that foundation, you can't expect them to move onto the complicated things like Company battles and Skill Regiments. Also the limit on Playtime for Alpha-Beta1 means you can't really get into deep class variance, and all this is not unexpected if you know what it means to be an Alpha Tester (This build is STILL ALPHA, just with some polish/Grahpics, True Beta will start as soon as players can actually Play the game at any time).

Generally, a "build" can be divided into the following categories.

FrameWork/Pre-Alpha: Unplayable. Developers only, often only the basic ideas of the game are present (FFXIV: GuildLeve/Armory prototype). Game stopping bugs (Crashes, extreme clipping issues ect) are numerous. The Game is, quite literally, in pieces at the Framework stage. When the first concepts and systems come together, the Pre-Alpha build is formed.

[Where FFXIV is now]--->Alpha: Barely Playable. Crashes and Clipping issues have been given a once-over. The Game's concepts and designs are entering later iterations but still not Cemented for final build. 99.9% of the time this is a Developer-Only stage as well. Most of the primary optimization for hardware configuration will happen from Here to Beta.

Beta: Playable. most of the Crashes, clipping issues and optimizations have been made, though many bugs still, and are expected to remain. The Design Concepts of the game are cemented and Balance work begins. The graphical polish takes shape to final form here.

Beta2(Public): Playable. Often this is used just before a retail launch to find as many bugs as possible. Balance issues continue to be resolved.

Retail/Launch: the "Completed" product. 99.5% of the games known bugs have been resolved. Balancing is an issue that will continue to be worked on through the Game's life. For Examples, See: Every MMO ever created.

[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-07-17 01:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm for sure moving to 14. Mainly because I got banned from 11 on my main but hey, I was going to quit at the end of July anyway lol. Also, everything in ff14 really seems to intrigue me. The battle system for the most part.
[+]
By Kwontess 2010-07-17 02:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Kwontess said:

I appreciate hearing from another beta tester. I'd like to start with the NDA issue. I have basically said the game has really high system requirements and I have commented on the lack of auto-attack. These are both general knowledge. It is akin to saying that tarutaru are now called Laloff. Am I prohibited from mentioning there are characters that look strikingly similar to galka? Can I mention that jobs don't follow the same system they do in XI? I'm not giving out any secrets that SE hasn't already said.

Its been mentioned that people lied on their beta applications about their system. I gave exact system specs at the time. Ironically my wife applied on the same day and she was not accepted despite having superior system specs (don't know if its a vista vs. 7 thing since I'm running vista and she is running 7). I plan to give feedback to SE on the issue. My system specs exceed those of requirements, but it remains unplayable. This is something that SE needs to address by either raising the requirements or possibly by further optimization.

Next, as to the purpose of my post. The question of the thread was about whether people were planning on quitting ffxi to leave for ffxiv. I explained that I did not currently plan to leave because it did not appear to work at an adequate speed on my system. I also followed up by saying that if that issue is something they can fix then that would be different. I simply don't plan on spending several hundred dollars to upgrade my computer just for ffxiv, unless it blew me away. I believe that is reasonable justification for not buying a game. I understand I am not qualified to evaluate the game, nor would I solely on a beta. But IF the game remains unplayable it would be very dumb for me to quit ffxi to play ffxiv... this seems like common sense to me. I don't see how this isn't obvious. The majority of the complaint was the lack of ability to play.

I went ahead and downloaded it on my wife's computer. My hope has been that it will work much better on it, but I have not had much time due to blackout days (is that an NDA secret too? Betas aren't available 24/7). If I can get it working better on her comp then I will use it for the test and any comments will make sure to include the new different system specs.

I understand fully that beta's are not finished products. I expect crashes, I expect bugs. I was just disappointed that it effectively didn't run. I hope they fix it, but if they don't I'm not buying it.

As for my criticism of the combat system, I have no doubt that a sophisticated, deep combat system can be developed without auto-attack. In fact in some sense auto-attack is a simplification. Fighting games probably have the deepest combat system requiring the highest level of skill and they do not use auto-attack. I'm not looking for an MMO that requires that level of attention. I like to be able to chat while I play, the social aspect of ffxi is huge for me. If that means I'm not as hardcore thats fine, I'm not competing to be the most hardcore player. I don't want to have to micro-manage my actions. I'm clearly in the minority on this point.

Just to re-iterate because it seems to really be lost on people when I said it in my original posts. I'm disappointed I can't play the game because it doesn't work on my computer. I gave SE my system specs. They selected me. Now if it doesn't work on my system I give them feedback and hope they can correct it, that is the point of beta. So can you please explain why that means I shouldn't be in beta. I'm working on getting to a point that the game is playable on my wife's computer so that I can give feedback. I don't know what super secret NDA you'd have to break to explain why I shouldn't be in beta, other than it doesn't work on my computer, but SE knew the specs when I applied.

tl;dr - I didn't say anything SE hasn't already said. If a game doesn't work on my computer then I'm not going to buy it (duh). I like the relaxed nature of auto-attack as melee, the loss of that feature is enough to give me second thoughts of purchasing any MMORPG.
[+]
By Kwontess 2010-07-17 02:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify, when I say unplayable, I'm not talking about clipping issues or minor lag. I am unable to navigate my character because the input lag on my PC is so bad. This is more than likely an issue with my system not being fast enough. It wasn't a complaint about the game or the programming, just that its so jerky I can't play it ON MY CURRENT SYSTEM. The game is beautiful, the best looking MMO by leaps and bounds (breaking an NDA there I suppose too), it is going to have high system reqs. I don't believe this to be an issue of "polish", its a next gen game and its going to really need a computer that can handle it. I fully expect there to be problems, but I can't get far enough in to experience them and report back.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-17 02:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Trollish comment inbound.

Chatting in Combat and Chatting while playing are entirely different.

I'd rather people pay attention to battles than chat about stupid ***, that being a requirement might actually make decent players out of enough people to be able to not need a dedicated Elitist Linkshell to accomplish anything worthwhile.

The input lag is definitely something they will have to fix. But you might try going into your graphics settings and tweaking with the "Maximum Pre-rendered Frames" Setting. Having this too high can result in input lag.
[+]
 Bismarck.Iridescence
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Iridescence 2010-07-17 02:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I will be trying out FF14, since I enjoy to play different MMOs time to time. One of my issues with ff14 is, if it will have enough content to begin with, or it will take a month or two to get to max level and try out stuff and then just die till first expansion is coming out.
By Halisstra 2010-07-17 03:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not exactly optimistic. This game is poised to be a buggy mess when it launches. If it turns out to be awsome I'll quit FFXI after I get a lvl 99 job or two. As of now I kinda see myself playing FFXIV for the free month then never touching it again. I was really excited for this game when it was first announced but the more I hear about it the lower my hopes get.

On the combat thing, having to manually attack is a terrible idea. I played Age of Conan for a little bit and didn't care for it. I remember one point where I was doing some simple kill X number of X monster quests and I ended up getting killed because I was trying to chat with a friend inbetween swings, lol. Active combat sounds great but there is a good reason why MMOs have auto attack.

To Kwontess, NDA means Non-disclosure agreement. Part of that agreement is that you don't talk about your beta participation at all. Even telling people you are in it is a likely a violation. And it's not SE's fault your computer is garbage.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-17 04:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Halisstra said:
I'm not exactly optimistic. This game is poised to be a buggy mess when it launches. If it turns out to be awsome I'll quit FFXI after I get a lvl 99 job or two. As of now I kinda see myself playing FFXIV for the free month then never touching it again. I was really excited for this game when it was first announced but the more I hear about it the lower my hopes get.

On the combat thing, having to manually attack is a terrible idea. I played Age of Conan for a little bit and didn't care for it. I remember one point where I was doing some simple kill X number of X monster quests and I ended up getting killed because I was trying to chat with a friend inbetween swings, lol. Active combat sounds great but there is a good reason why MMOs have auto attack.

To Kwontess, NDA means Non-disclosure agreement. Part of that agreement is that you don't talk about your beta participation at all. Even telling people you are in it is a likely a violation. And it's not SE's fault your computer is garbage.

What's the actual System in age of Conan? Cause how FFXIV sounds, you will be able to chat fine, you just still have to pay attention.

Again, Use all Stamina -> Talk About Cupcakes while stamina Recharges.

Probably no different than in FFXI with some Haste spells and decent Gear, Chat while taking the 15 seconds it takes to get 100% Tp and initiate your Gear Swaps/WS and then back to idle time. Had they stuck with the ATB-Style, yes, that would present an issue because the margin of error is virtually non-existant (think of it like not WS'ing at 100%, every second you miss from not instigating an attack is like another swing in FFXI above 100TP)

My only concern with the active combat is gaming fatigue, especially on a keyboard if it's 1-2 blah blah for attacks (Which at this point it is).

A more valid argument to levy against the active combat is just that, MMO's are usually meant to be played in fairly long stretches, even an hour on constant keyboard spam can leave you sore and fingers hooked like you were feverishly searching for the G-Spot.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-07-17 04:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not playing XI, and I won't be playing XIV. SE has lost their minds bringing in exactly the same playable races.. After 10 years wouldn't you think it's time for something new?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-17 04:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Not playing XI, and I won't be playing XIV. SE has lost their minds bringing in exactly the same playable races.. After 10 years wouldn't you think it's time for something new?

/pointing out the obvious

Because Human, Elves, Halfling, Hulker and Beast combo hasn't been done before FFXI, ever, ever, ever...
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-07-17 04:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

Because Human, Elves, Halfling, Hulker and Beast combo hasn't been done before FFXI, ever, ever, ever...

You're out of your mind.
 Lakshmi.Aegil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aegil
By Lakshmi.Aegil 2010-07-17 04:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:

The races are about the only thing the same. In every other aspect FFXI and FFXIV have absolutely nothing in common. They're so radically different from one another that it's impossible to attempt a side by side comparison of the two.

Not to mention what MMORPG doesn't have a Human or Elf race of one kind or another? lol Actually, Galka, Mithra, and Taru are surprisingly different from most playable races in other games on the market. No FF MMO has the classic gnomes, dwarves, demons, trolls, orcs, and the like.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-07-17 04:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think very many people posting on an 11 board are planning to switch to 14 exclusively.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-07-17 04:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[
Lakshmi.Aegil said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

The races are about the only thing the same. In every other aspect FFXI and FFXIV have absolutely nothing in common. They're so radically different from one another that it's impossible to attempt a side by side comparison of the two.

Not to mention what MMORPG doesn't have a Human or Elf race of one kind or another? lol Actually, Galka, Mithra, and Taru are surprisingly different from most playable races in other games on the market. No FF MMO has the classic gnomes, dwarves, demons, trolls, orcs, and the like.

Human and elf is the larger definition of the word.

We don't have humans or elves. We have Humes and Elvaans.. again.

I'd just have appreciated a little Oblivionation with the character creation.

Pick a race and allow SOME freedom in the customization, except being able to change the hairtype.

Doesn't mean all I care about is how my character looks, but I'm pretty much through with FFXI characters. Especially since I never liked 4/5 of them.
 Valefor.Akiyuki
Server: Valefor
user: Weensy
By Valefor.Akiyuki 2010-07-17 04:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Um you can do ALOT more then just changing the hairtype in 14 lol.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-07-17 05:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Akiyuki said:
Um you can do ALOT more then just changing the hairtype in 14 lol.

What do you want me to say?

After 10 years you'll be playing the exact identical characters.

Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-17 05:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
[
Lakshmi.Aegil said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

Human and elf is the larger definition of the word.

We don't have humans or elves. We have Humes and Elvaans.. again.

I'd just have appreciated a little Oblivionation with the character creation.

Pick a race and allow SOME freedom in the customization, except being able to change the hairtype.

Doesn't mean all I care about is how my character looks, but I'm pretty much through with FFXI characters. Especially since I never liked 4/5 of them.

It's hard to really argue for/against the races, because it's aesthetic, it's like bitching about Art Style (Not art Quality)

Personally, I'm a fan of the simple 5 races (x2 if you count the clans, like any other MMO would just to post "10 Playable races" on the back of the box) and an even bigger fan that they're keeping "The same" races. I like them, none seem out of place or too excessive, (Undead... Lycanthrope, seriously WoW?!) but again, this is nothing more than opinion.

As for the degree of customization, it is much more robust than face-Hair, if you've ever played Dragon Age or Mass Effect, it's much the same, there are preset types of facial features that you can mix/match and whatever, though it doesn't seem you are able to really fine-tune like in a game such as Oblivion or Fallout(Faces).

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

You're out of your mind.

wat