What Should I Get Next? Help Me Be A Better BLM!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » What Should I Get Next? Help me be a better BLM!
What Should I Get Next? Help me be a better BLM!
First Page 2 3 4 5
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Alternanthera 2010-06-29 20:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: forgot to put in Tiphia Sting for Ammo for ring proc set...

@Maurauc, this is it as far as gear sets. As it is, my macros are more gear and debuffs than they are nukes. Oh and a couple cures. I usually just hit my Slow macro so I have my Earth Staff on if I'm just running around or want to cast Stoneskin. *hides* Keep in mind that without Windower, I have 6 lines for each macro, 1 of which is the spell itself, 1 for the staff, leaves 4 for equipment swaps. For the ring proc I actually have it go to another macro line but that means I have to hit the controller a couple times to complete the swap. Kinda not great.

You guys/gals have been so helpful, I really appreciate it! Now I have LOTS to think about and new stuff to drool over at the AH. Damn I need to get teh monies, I am so broke! I'm really not rich, got most of my cool stuff by doing BCNMs or saving up. Plus this is my only 75.

Dynamis and Salvage sounds like really really not fun. Could be wrong but the stories I hear make me pretty much never want to do it. Morrigan's Robe is awsum but I think I'll wait to win the Moogle lotto. :D

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-30 00:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

With upcoming levels and armor available, Morrigan's is no longer as valuable to BLM as it were back in 06-07. And no way in hell worth 15 million gil and the time it takes to obtain it.

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:

Yes, since the OP said he doesn't do Salvage, it's the only thing.
Sylph.Alternanthera said:
- Never done Dynamis or Salvage

never done doesn't=doesn't do, just means that they haven't done it yet.
big difference.

I have nothing else of merit to say here.
*hides*
It appears since that day I trashed you in an IT thread you've been attempting to ride my ***. So, anyway, here we go again.

It's obvious A != B. Thank you (I think) for showing the entire FFXIAH community you are not as oblivious as some would think. However if you want to bring literacy to light, then let's take what the OP said. "Never done Dynamis or Salvage". My comment was based of this clause of the OP never touching, attempting or entering Dynamis or Salvage in the past and present. OP did not state any will or desire to enter it in the future either and was confirmed by his last post. So my statement "... he said he doesn't do Salvage" is correct since "doesn't do" is present tense, so, to translate for the keen, presently - he does not do Dynamis or Salvage. Hence, he doesn't do (Dynamis or) Salvage.

My advice to you? Get over it.
 Seraph.Riese
Server: Seraph
user: riese
By Seraph.Riese 2010-06-30 03:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Figure I'll try and piggyback on this thread as it's something I'm wondering about too. My gear is okay I think, but I'm starting to get to the point where I'm just not happy with my damage and want to push it higher. I have more trouble soloing some things because my damage isn't high enough and my mp pool feels small.

-I'm Hume
-Merits are 1 MP 3 Enfeeb 2 Ele 5 Ice Potency 1 Burst/Freeze II
-I do (or have done) a bit of everything event wise, I've done sky/dyna/ein/limbus/znm

My Nuke Set:

MKD hat is INT+6 M.Acc+2 Fast Cast
Weskit has M.Acc+2
HQ Dark, Earth, Ice, Stone, Thunder Staves
Uggy Pendant for nuking under 50% MP.

Stuff I plan to improve on:
-Fully Merit Lightning Potency, I had just finished Ice when the limit break happened and now I'm busy relvling.
-Replace Goli Clogs with Yigit boots after I manage to catch enough Lebros Shouts.
-Replace Errant Slops with Teal Slops after enough Abyssea.
-Get a sorc ring, and the related hp- set.

Other than those points, I'm trying to see if there's any relatively cheap but significant points to improve to boost my damage. The cheapest suggestion to me was to just buy mahatma pants to replace errant but I'm hoping for something better than 200k for +1 int.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-30 03:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You're on the perfect track. Nothing to add honestly...

Yig Feet, slop replacement, sorc ring... yeah you got it all...

Potency merits will make a large difference when you're done.

INT or a newer MAB earring perhaps.

Quick Edit:

Earrings I'm talking about:

or the popular Morion/+1.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-06-30 08:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Im surprised no one has mentioned this, but maybe because its something you are expected to have. However I see more blms more often then not neglected it....... Stoneskin set.

Do not neglect your stoneskin, make sure its capped and always up. The required mnd for a blm with capped enhancing skill is 114 mnd but with the new update, that figure can be higher or lower. Capping stoneskin is essential for every blm to do esp any using their sorc rings. Being elvaan just means youll be surviving one hit more than hume/mithra/tarus will with a pdt set. Next set......

Youll want to have some form of protection when you are A: around mob AoE(which you shouldnt be but it happens) B: kiting C: taking hits. Basically its a set that youll be in when you arent resting/nuking. This set is to minimize the amount of damge you take. Pieces like Earth staff,cheviot cape(nq/hq),goliard pants,patronus ring,jelly ring(not with magic aoe/damage mobs), sorcerers earring(/rdm, under % hp),colossus' earing for physical hits, just to name a few, like wise -magic damage taken, like merman rings for mobs that spam magical AoEs.(you dont have to go crazy with this but having your basic earth staff on when you're not nuking/resting is a start and a huge chunk of damage you wont be taking)

I personally like having pieces with refresh/movement speed on that set to help out aswell. MP gear pieces to fill in the slots are good aswell, esp since adding those pieces youll lose out on some mp and you want to have your mp balanced with your sets so you lose minimal amount of mp. As an elvaan you dont want to lose any precious mp that could give you another nuke.
[+]
 Bahamut.Habs
Server: Bahamut
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-06-30 08:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-06-30 09:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not bad advice, could sell his Ixion Cloak for a Black Cloak. Same refresh, tremendously cheaper, and he'd be able to use the remaining gil for other things.

Also what I don't see posted here is a elemental magic/magic acc + skill set when fighting high resistant/high level mobs. If i knew how to post one I would, but I'm a noob at that so I can't :(
By Sambb 2010-06-30 09:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is for the original poster.

I seem to notice people have focussed alot on your gear and not what I think is a very important part.......

MERIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

instantly you will see an improvement get tier 1 group maxed on ice and thunder asap.

if you got the money ixion cape for stoneskin and nuking, consider aquiring a kirins pole for stoneskin the mnd + on it is well worth it for capping the 350 stoneskin easy. you can swap in a hecate's cape for the nuking part if you wish. yes there is a higher int cape now via abyssea but ixion is still a good allrounder and far better than prismn. Get the matching grips to go with HQ staves they add magic acc +2 which help and they are cheap to buy.

all the gear others suggested are decent and its up to you to decide what you think works best as the differences imo are marginal. If you can upgrade your iquira for genie do it. Morrigans body is the best but getting a genie in the mean time (if you work towards a morrigans) is a damn good alternative.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-30 09:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sell cloak. Not very useful. Zmitts as said would be the biggest bonus due to retaining MP while increasing your damage. The only other suggestion I could offer would be INT/MP merits if applicable, or using AF 1 head, 1 less INT but 25MP. Small but maybe enough to fire another nuke. That'd be a balanced set for you, though ignoring MP loss you could upgrade to Yigit Crackows, aside from HQing pieces, the only easily obtainable upgrade would be say, Goliard clogs for enfeeb/hmp/dark set.
if she sells the ixion what will she use as standing refresh item?bad advice

The much much much much much much much cheaper Black cloak alternative? hurr
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-30 10:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Black Cloak in my Bazaar for 10k lol.

Also being on PS2 would be a major pain in the *** having to hit your possible 4 macros for Sorcerer's Ring latent as that Ixion Cloak has Regen on.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-30 10:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My blm item sets pretty much cover anything pre update you could want besides 5/5 morrigan nuke build, morri body for mix nuke build, veela cape, AMK head but I use maats for max dmg nukes, alturisitic cape, galdr ring, aureole, 7 elemental grips (I only use 3) alkalurops, nashira feet, blm af2 hands and zmitts+1.

Its a wee bit dated now the stoneskin build should have a veela cape in it really and I also got patronus ring, hecate cape now for am2 or aga spells oh and dark magic build set should have morri coronal in it but everything else is all there if you need any suggestions or want to question me over choices.

There is an idle build, max dmg nuke set, high elemental build set, 150int build, enfeeb set, dark set, 8/8 hq staff and obi ice/wind/dark grips.

If you can spot anything new since update I could use too besides um, body im still waiting on morrigan even if it is weaker, legs im holding out for morrigan too I believe beats teal slops, Im aware of the 2 mab ammo 6 int cape 7? int belt. Besides those items anything else you spot I could use lemme know incase I missed something I could work towards getting.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-30 10:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
150int build

My Elvaan *** is 5/5 on STR merits, and as a consequence I have more MND & STR than I do INT on /RDM.

Not enough inventory to reach 150INT for me.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-30 10:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Fairy.Basilo said:
150int build
My Elvaan *** is 5/5 on STR merits, and as a consequence I have more MND & STR than I do INT on /RDM. Not enough inventory to reach 150INT for me.

:< Make nice sams though lol, I forgot something I should add to my list really is the 2 new rings wotg rewards af2 blm pants ring and enhances drain/aspir ring as well as the earring to go with that from the slime VNM and/or 2 or 3 macc earring to replace my morion+1 I use for enfeebling.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-30 10:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you'll need more inventory space!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-30 10:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With upcoming levels and armor available, Morrigan's is no longer as valuable to BLM as it were back in 06-07. And no way in hell worth 15 million gil and the time it takes to obtain it.

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Yes, since the OP said he doesn't do Salvage, it's the only thing.
- Never done Dynamis or Salvage

never done doesn't=doesn't do, just means that they haven't done it yet.
big difference.

I have nothing else of merit to say here.
*hides*
It appears since that day I trashed you in an IT thread you've been attempting to ride my ***. So, anyway, here we go again.

It's obvious A != B. Thank you (I think) for showing the entire FFXIAH community you are not as oblivious as some would think. However if you want to bring literacy to light, then let's take what the OP said. "Never done Dynamis or Salvage". My comment was based of this clause of the OP never touching, attempting or entering Dynamis or Salvage in the past and present. OP did not state any will or desire to enter it in the future either and was confirmed by his last post. So my statement "... he said he doesn't do Salvage" is correct since "doesn't do" is present tense, so, to translate for the keen, presently - he does not do Dynamis or Salvage. Hence, he doesn't do (Dynamis or) Salvage.

My advice to you? Get over it.
u mad?
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-30 10:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Sounds like you'll need more inventory space!

Yeah I just sat here thinking about that its ridiculous now lol, just taking into consideration rings for blm alone :

sorc+galdr = max dmg
patronus+jelly or balrahns = idle
serket+balrahns or serket + the hmp ring from star sapphire = resting (yigit doesnt give much hp)
omega+balrahns = enfeebs
af2 blm pant ring for when its necessary - eleday matches nuke
Possibly need a 2nd 5 int ring if ur a race that needs/wants it for 150int burn build.
enhances drain/aspir ring for dark build.
Ice ring ... lol

Either way thats like fawking 10ish rings + 12 main + 12 waist ... /sigh lol.
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-06-30 10:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-30 10:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sell cloak. Not very useful. Zmitts as said would be the biggest bonus due to retaining MP while increasing your damage. The only other suggestion I could offer would be INT/MP merits if applicable, or using AF 1 head, 1 less INT but 25MP. Small but maybe enough to fire another nuke. That'd be a balanced set for you, though ignoring MP loss you could upgrade to Yigit Crackows, aside from HQing pieces, the only easily obtainable upgrade would be say, Goliard clogs for enfeeb/hmp/dark set.
o ya i forgot that the black cloak has mp/hp refresh and 13 int mnd and magic acc.give your head a shake why do you think se is cramming magic acc down our throats ?ask yourself something else can you nuke as well wearing the cloak as the ixion?all your doing is spewing out somthing youve read that wiki told you.im offering advice from someone that uses it over thier relic body.one last thing with the lvl cap lifted dont you think that perhaps all the old tests and facts that have come before will be thrown out the window?and gear advice to gear a job 75 with gear that 75- isnt the best option.

you guys arnt helping anyone really.if you really really wanted to help her:youd say stuff like get hq staves but be careful what you buy cuz the prices will go in the toilet.and perhaps what is uber today will be replaced by something in a few months.

lol
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-30 10:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
o ya i forgot that the black cloak has mp/hp refresh and 13 int mnd and magic acc.give your head a shake why do you think se is cramming magic acc down our throats ?ask yourself something else can you nuke as well wearing the cloak as the ixion?all your doing is spewing out somthing youve read that wiki told you.im offering advice from someone that uses it over thier relic body.one last thing with the lvl cap lifted dont you think that perhaps all the old tests and facts that have come before will be thrown out the window?and gear advice to gear a job 75 with gear that 75- isnt the best option.

you guys arnt helping anyone really.if you really really wanted to help her:youd say stuff like get hq staves but be careful what you buy cuz the prices will go in the toilet.and perhaps what is uber today will be replaced by something in a few months.

Wait wait, first you say keep the cloak to use as a refresh piece, but because it has INT it's useful? There are better choices. So yes, sell an overly expensive piece, to buy more useful gear such as staves, and a cheap refresh body to boot.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-30 10:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
im offering advice from someone that uses it over thier relic body.

That right there is enough to completely invalidate anything useful you may have said. Any BLM nuking in AF2 body should be hung, drawn, quartered, fed poison then shot.

Get rid of that waste of a cloak; use Weskit + Demon's Helm or something to nuke in and use a Black Cloak to idle in.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-30 10:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, Regen isn't going to help with Sorcerer's ring latent, I doubt the OP wants to button bash 4 macros every spell as he idles in Ixion. Genie Weskit + Demon Helm +1 is: Elemental Magic +6, Magic Atk +7 and INT +6, Ixion Cloak doesn't even come close.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-30 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: forgot to put in Tiphia Sting for Ammo for ring proc set...

@Maurauc, this is it as far as gear sets. As it is, my macros are more gear and debuffs than they are nukes. Oh and a couple cures. I usually just hit my Slow macro so I have my Earth Staff on if I'm just running around or want to cast Stoneskin. *hides* Keep in mind that without Windower, I have 6 lines for each macro, 1 of which is the spell itself, 1 for the staff, leaves 4 for equipment swaps. For the ring proc I actually have it go to another macro line but that means I have to hit the controller a couple times to complete the swap. Kinda not great.

You guys/gals have been so helpful, I really appreciate it! Now I have LOTS to think about and new stuff to drool over at the AH. Damn I need to get teh monies, I am so broke! I'm really not rich, got most of my cool stuff by doing BCNMs or saving up. Plus this is my only 75.

Dynamis and Salvage sounds like really really not fun. Could be wrong but the stories I hear make me pretty much never want to do it. Morrigan's Robe is awsum but I think I'll wait to win the Moogle lotto. :D

Earth/Terra Staff does nothing for Stoneskin, common misconception. Water/Neptune or a MND wand will do better as long you reach 114 MND on BLM. Generally it's very easy for Elvaans and Humes.

Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Im surprised no one has mentioned this, but maybe because its something you are expected to have. However I see more blms more often then not neglected it....... Stoneskin set.

Do not neglect your stoneskin, make sure its capped and always up. The required mnd for a blm with capped enhancing skill is 114 mnd but with the new update, that figure can be higher or lower. Capping stoneskin is essential for every blm to do esp any using their sorc rings. Being elvaan just means youll be surviving one hit more than hume/mithra/tarus will with a pdt set. Next set......

Youll want to have some form of protection when you are A: around mob AoE(which you shouldnt be but it happens) B: kiting C: taking hits. Basically its a set that youll be in when you arent resting/nuking. This set is to minimize the amount of damge you take. Pieces like Earth staff,cheviot cape(nq/hq),goliard pants,patronus ring,jelly ring(not with magic aoe/damage mobs), sorcerers earring(/rdm, under % hp),colossus' earing for physical hits, just to name a few, like wise -magic damage taken, like merman rings for mobs that spam magical AoEs.(you dont have to go crazy with this but having your basic earth staff on when you're not nuking/resting is a start and a huge chunk of damage you wont be taking)

I personally like having pieces with refresh/movement speed on that set to help out aswell. MP gear pieces to fill in the slots are good aswell, esp since adding those pieces youll lose out on some mp and you want to have your mp balanced with your sets so you lose minimal amount of mp. As an elvaan you dont want to lose any precious mp that could give you another nuke.

Good advice. To raise above MND 114 (HP 350) Stoneskin cap, these days it's probably likely you can lowman Stone Gorget which will increase its potential to HP 380.

Quest Details here

Hopefully you won't be put into too many situations as BLM where you have to kite but Shantoto Pants with -4% Physical Damage Taken and +8% Movement Speed is probably better since Teal Slops will be the new pants to get.

Ixion.Cloak.Discussion said:
Stuff
Yeah, Ixion Cloak is trash and isn't good for anything outside of powerleveling a party where you could get hurt. Main use for Ixion Cloak is towngear.

vinvv-boy said:
u mad?
Sad you felt obligated to reply. Even sadder all you could come up with is a 2 word internet meme. No, I'm not mad. However, I am curious. Did I really belittle you so badly that you even think about it when I'm not around? If I did, I'm not sorry. It was about time someone pointed out how useless your life is and how pointless all of your posts are. Even in IT Tech Support :). Did I hit another nerve? Good. But I'm not here to make enemies. If you ever want to step outside of Level 1 Tech support helping people with their cable and DSL devices, you know.. unplug and plug it back in, wait 30 seconds, let me know, I'll be glad to show you a thing or two about becoming an internetwork expert.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-06-30 16:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
That right there is enough to completely invalidate anything useful you may have said. Any BLM nuking in AF2 body should be hung, drawn, quartered, fed poison then shot. Get rid of that waste of a cloak; use Weskit Demon's Helm or something to nuke in and use a Black Cloak to idle in.
Best FYI in this whole thread.
By Sylph.Alternanthera 2010-07-02 13:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay, went shopping! \o/ So fun to spend teh gils...

I got:
- Jupiter's Staff
- Aquilo's Staff
- Pluto's Staff
- Errant Cuffs
- Errant Houppelande
- Cobra Unit Hat
- Grandiose Chain
- Dark Torque
- Igqira Lappa (just waiting for it to be for sale on AH)

My LS is going to help me fight Genbu for my Zenith Mitts, so the Errant Cuffs are just temporary. I haven't changed my feet gear yet, turns out my LS also needs to bonk the wall at Lebros Cavern so I'll just wait to get my Yigit Crackows.
princemercury said:
Earth/Terra Staff does nothing for Stoneskin, common misconception. Water/Neptune or a MND wand will do better as long you reach 114 MND on BLM. Generally it's very easy for Elvaans and Humes.

Oh snap! I did not know that. I've been wearing lotsa MND gear but always with the Earth Staff on the Main. Noticed so far that my Stoneskins are A-W-E-S-O-M-E since the shopping trip even without using the correct staff. Now will be awesome +1.

Oh, another question for y'all. I will be using the Dark Torque, Wizard's Tonban and Pluto's Staff for my "Dark Set" when casting Drain and Aspir. But since Sleeps are Dark element but Enfeeble Skill, I should use my standard Enfeeble Set stuff for Sleeps right? Just thought I'd double-check.

Long-Term Equipment Goals:
- finish CoP, get Tamas Ring \o/
- get Loquacious Earring with ABCs
- kick Genbu's ***, get Zenith Mitts
- Bonk Bonk Bad Grup Wall! get Crackows
- Upgrade to Enfeebling Torque
- Change Elemental Torque to Lemegeton Medallion?
- Upgrade to Genie Weskit

*sigh* I need to learn how to pick winning Moogle Lotto numbers or sumthin'... Maybe have a rich Moogle Uncle leave me a big inheritance...

EDIT:
Improvements:
10 more MND
10 more Enfeeble
2 more INT
7 more hMP
22 more Dark
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-02 13:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay, went shopping! \o/ So fun to spend teh gils... I got: - Jupiter's Staff - Aquilo's Staff - Pluto's Staff - Errant Cuffs - Errant Houppelande - Cobra Unit Hat - Grandiose Chain - Dark Torque - Igqira Lappa (just waiting for it to be for sale on AH) My LS is going to help me fight Genbu for my Zenith Mitts, so the Errant Cuffs are just temporary. I haven't changed my feet gear yet, turns out my LS also needs to bonk the wall at Lebros Cavern so I'll just wait to get my Yigit Crackows.
princemercury said:
Oh snap! I did not know that. I've been wearing lotsa MND gear but always with the Earth Staff on the Main. Noticed so far that my Stoneskins are A-W-E-S-O-M-E since the shopping trip even without using the correct staff. Now will be awesome 1. Oh, another question for y'all. I will be using the Dark Torque, Wizard's Tonban and Pluto's Staff for my "Dark Set" when casting Drain and Aspir. But since Sleeps are Dark element but Enfeeble Skill, I should use my standard Enfeeble Set stuff for Sleeps right? Just thought I'd double-check. Long-Term Equipment Goals: - finish CoP, get Tamas Ring \o/ - get Loquacious Earring with ABCs - kick Genbu's ***, get Zenith Mitts - Bonk Bonk Bad Grup Wall! get Crackows - Upgrade to Enfeebling Torque - Change Elemental Torque to Lemegeton Medallion? - Upgrade to Genie Weskit *sigh* I need to learn how to pick winning Moogle Lotto numbers or sumthin'... Maybe have a rich Moogle Uncle leave me a big inheritance...

Nice, glad to hear your blm is improving and youre enjoying it just remember though for mages gear means less imo than say gear for tp merit burn jobs where gear just means everything really to parse highest. Mages is different slightly gear isnt everything, try using the job as much as possible when you can always try to be killing something, it WILL make you handle situations alot better in linkshells and events when your on the spot and need to react fast.

Sorry just saying this because ive met countless well geared but ***slow blms.

To answer your question sleep is enfeebling build with int and ur pluto's staff, its looking quite good atm, feel free to check my builds for ideas.

You really dont need to rich to be a good blm.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2010-07-03 01:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Nice, glad to hear your blm is improving and youre enjoying it just remember though for mages gear means less imo than say gear for tp merit burn jobs where gear just means everything really to parse highest. Mages is different slightly gear isnt everything, try using the job as much as possible when you can always try to be killing something, it WILL make you handle situations alot better in linkshells and events when your on the spot and need to react fast.

this^

thinking quick on your feet, understanding hate (yours and others), knowing your job will normally do more for your party than most gear.

also again dont forget merits. potency for damage, skill for accuracy and AMII for boom.

if you are getting the hang of it a few more advanced things to try are swapping in fast cast for long casting stuff and also look at getting elemental obi's.

also teal set is free so think about getting some/all of that.
 Ifrit.Duanyu
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-03 01:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap! I did not know that. I've been wearing lotsa MND gear but always with the Earth Staff on the Main. Noticed so far that my Stoneskins are A-W-E-S-O-M-E since the shopping trip even without using the correct staff. Now will be awesome 1.

could always go out and get a kirin's pole, relatively cheap now i think.
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-07-15 11:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jekyll said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
That right there is enough to completely invalidate anything useful you may have said. Any BLM nuking in AF2 body should be hung, drawn, quartered, fed poison then shot. Get rid of that waste of a cloak; use Weskit Demon's Helm or something to nuke in and use a Black Cloak to idle in.
Best FYI in this whole thread.
huh i didnt say i nuked in the af2 body ,wtf you guys talking about?i said i use the ixion over the relic body for refresh,and sometimes nuke in the ixion since i have it on .not the relic body.
i do not like or use the sorcs ring.yes its mab is nice,but early on as rdm i didnt like half dead blm running about not wanting to be healed and would get 1 shotted.

as for selling the cloak...since i dont have a sorsc ring and dont want 1. hp regain isnt an option that even concerns me.as for the weskit and demons helm...how about i use the teal hat instead of the demons and teal/ixion instead of weskit/relic.and not lose 3 million i paid for the ixion and spend mayb a hunderd k on a full teal set...
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-15 11:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're still suggesting nuking in Ixion Cloak. Not as bad as AF2 body, but bad.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-07-15 21:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
I'm not allowed to give blm advice anymore ; ; buuuuuuuut I was say, def get V muffs unless u can buy a genbu pop and solo it >.> HQ staves are also a must (at least the main 3)

Ugh, Genbu is a total joke and I seen a 67mnk solo it, but ***, it takes like 3hours lol. I wouldn't recommend anyone solo that ***, maybe merc it or do it with a few friends.

Only takes about an hour-ish to solo him on an average BLM, just have to know what you're doing. Bio2, Drain, Bliz3/Thun3's demolish him. It's even easier now at 80 where you can convert as /rdm, so MP is less of a problem. Get FoV refresh beforehand, stun waterga.

There's a spot to the right of the ??? he's popped from with a bush, and a little ledge. If you go past the bush, Genbu will go all the way around it, giving plenty of time for even an AM2 to go through without you getting hit. Not that you'd be using AM2 if you were soloing him.

Just don't forget your AF hands!