And Israel Has Just Ended Their Only Alliance In The Middle-east.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » And Israel has just ended their only alliance in the middle-east.
And Israel has just ended their only alliance in the middle-east.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-18 01:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Syria, Egypt, and Jordan were the principle attackers. Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria also participated.

During the war, Egypt lost the Sinai Peninsula, which Israel later gave back. They also lost the Gaza Strip, which Israel has kept.

Syria lost the Golan Heights, which remained in Israeli control until relatively recently.

Palestine -- or what was to be Palestine -- lost the West Bank and East Jerusalem, which remain in Israeli hands.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-18 01:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The next day, neighboring Arab countries attacked it.
Which Arab countries are you referring to with this? The way I remember reading and seeing the documentaries stated Israel declared war on Palestine in 1947, because it wanted it's own freedom which lead to a civil war within the country and turned in favor to Israel.
this is the "6-day war": Egypt, Jordan, and Syria attacked israel. The Arab states of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria also contributed troops and arms
so basically it was israel vs EVERYONE AROUND IT
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-18 01:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The next day, neighboring Arab countries attacked it.
Which Arab countries are you referring to with this?

The way I remember reading and seeing the documentaries stated Israel declared war on Palestine in 1947, because it wanted it's own freedom which lead to a civil war within the country and turned in favor to Israel.

He's exaggerating by saying the next day, basically upon Israel self-declaring independence in 1947 the arabs launched an attack in 1948, this conflict was called "The war of independence".

This war ended in a stalemate with the Armistice agreements until the "six-days war" which was a war between neighbouring Arab states and Israel in which Israel PLANNED a pre-emptive strike on Egypt, forcing the countries around them to retaliate.

When that final war ended Israel occupied the territories they now have.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-18 01:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Syria, Egypt, and Jordan were the principle attackers. Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria also participated.

During the war, Egypt lost the Sinai Peninsula, which Israel later gave back. They also lost the Gaza Strip, which Israel has kept.

Syria lost the Golan Heights, which remained in Israeli control until relatively recently.

Palestine -- or what was to be Palestine -- lost the West Bank and East Jerusalem, which remain in Israeli hands.

That's not the "next day" attack you were referring to in your previous post, Jaerik. That's an altogether different war fought almost 20 years earlier.

Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-18 01:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
That's not the "next day" attack you were referring to in your previous post, Jaerik. That's an altogether different war fought almost 20 years earlier.

Gah, you're right. Thanks for the correction. I was somehow conflating the two wars in my head.

Although goes to show: that whole situation over there is just absurdly complex, if I can't even get the dates right while staring at wikipedia open in three different windows.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-18 01:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Scary what imaginary lines in the dirt can do...
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-18 01:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anywho~There will always be conflict in the middle east. From failed crusade after somewhat successful crusade to another failed crusade to relocation of different groups of people to invasion retaliated with pre-emptive attack which is defence to daily missile barrages Israel will always be harrassed by different racial/religious/political groups. As being the only democratic country in a region surrounded by dictatorships/"terrorist" controlled nations, Democratic nations such as UK/USA/lolcanada and other european countries don't want israel to fall. However because Israel is so defensive because they know they are surrounded by many hostile nations, they act pre-emptively on almost anything they do. The Entire nation of Israel's citizens serves 2~4 years of military duty(requirement). Its a country of people that's been harrassed,persecuted,almost exterminated,invaded and besieged. So whatever stance you have on the subject just place yourself in the shoes of a person living there. Understand the situation before blaming one party or the next.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-18 01:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't really matter. It's almost 60 years later and the tension in the area is still the same. I really, really hope no war is going to break out there. :s

Lol, weewoo, imagine living on an area the size of 4 to 7.5 miles with 1.5 million people. Never being able to venture outside the borders even once. Not so imaginary those lines. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-18 01:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
It doesn't really matter. It's almost 60 years later and the tension in the area is still the same. I really, really hope no war is going to break out there. :s Lol, weewoo, imagine living on an area the size of 4 to 7.5 miles with 1.5 million people. Never being able to venture outside the borders even once. Not so imaginary those lines. :)
almost sounds like vana'diel but with a couple thousand people on at any given time. running through confined areas within a zone :/
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-18 01:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
It doesn't really matter. It's almost 60 years later and the tension in the area is still the same. I really, really hope no war is going to break out there. :s

Lol, weewoo, imagine living on an area the size of 4 to 7.5 miles with 1.5 million people. Never being able to venture outside the borders even once. Not so imaginary those lines. :)

True, not so imaginary when you got a gigantic border guarding a small area of spaced with highly condensed population within. But you knew what I meant :P
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-18 01:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

True, not so imaginary when you got a gigantic border guarding a small area of spaced with highly condensed population within. But you knew what I meant :P

Yup, I still lol a little inside whenever I see those north african borders.

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-06-18 02:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Jerusalem is clearly what the entire fight was all about in the beginning and is what gave rise to all the wars after Israel disagreed to have a joint state in Jerusalem that is controlled by the UN.

What is really baffling about Israel and how they get their intel imo is very... low. Allow me to reiterate it in a discrete manner;

Here's how Arabs work, the most important thing a person has in an Arab-state is a person's reputation, so there are some people who have secrets they wish to not reveal to the public (may it be sex with someone's daughter in the butt, the guy's gay, drugs, etc etc), so Israel takes these guys (usually guys since they don't bother women most of the time and/or bring them in to jail unless they need to torture a guy into giving answers, harsh but it's true and I see it happen always as well as while I was over there too), in for questioning and tell them we will post these pix everywhere and/or spread these secrets which usually the guy ends up complying with them then starts working as a spy for Israel, which mind you ends up being A LOT of people in my own little village... seriously, it's like having a CIA agent in every conversation you have over there cuz you just don't know who is a spy and who isn't...

I mean okay, true nothing wrong with correct intel and the likes of it but come on... blackmail and torture?

Another event I remember from over there;

There was this kid that comes from a very rich family and actually lives in New Orleans with me as well as from the same village, the guy wants to be cool and bought a black-market gun (I think it was an AK-47). Well, about 3-4 days later everyone who laid their eyes on the gun even for the slightest moment was taken in for "questioning".

The guy I'm referring to was engaged and didn't wanna give them answers as to where he got the gun from, so what they did is they went and took the guy's fiance to jail and tortured him in front of her so the guy can feel humiliated and want to save the girl from these Israeli soldiers because they were threatening violent acts towards his fiance as well, so the guy gave in at the end and was thrown in jail for I believe 10 years.

This just recently happened about 2 years ago when I went there for my brother's wedding in the summer time.

That really is a low standard of intel gathering if I'm not mistaken, correct?

Just saying here Mab, but I doubt you're going to see much sympathy for blackmail and torture.

We all have seen or know what happens to prisoners that get caught by certain Arab groups.

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-06-18 02:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ya I know the story can go both ways I'm sure, it's just undeniably inhumane the way it works... Ofc that's why it's called war >_> but I could never and probably will never understand the concept of war and the importance of it...

Once you understand greed, everything else about this world will make sense.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-18 02:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

why did i expect to see long paragraphs when I hit this thread....whyyyy am i not dissapointed right now!?