Relegion? Wait Wut?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Relegion? wait wut?
Relegion? wait wut?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 20:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
For starters you forgot the part in the first picture that: mom is obviously bangin the next door neighbor while dad's at work. Daddy himself is definitely stopping by the gay clubs after work, and saying he's just working late. The little girl has most likely been inappropriately touched by one of her "uncles." And as for the son in that picture, he's fine for the time being but will likely turn into that kid in the second picture once he reaches high school and finds out what the rest of the family has been up to.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-08 20:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jewkitten clicks on another religion thread.

Jewkitten gains the effect of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU>:O.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 20:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
For starters you forgot the part in the first picture that: mom is obviously bangin the next door neighbor while dad's at work. Daddy himself is definitely stopping by the gay clubs after work, and saying he's just working late. The little girl has most likely been inappropriately touched by one of her "uncles." And as for the son in that picture, he's fine for the time being but will likely turn into that kid in the second picture once he reaches high school and finds out what the rest of the family has been up to.

That's human error, Not the teachings of the bible.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 20:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What's that story in the bible about someone having to sacrifice one of their children to prove their faith in god?
Isn't it supposed to be a story about faith? That's definitely a sweet lesson in the bible right there: Listen to voices in your head that say kill your child, lol!
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-08 20:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I concur, the "wholesome Christian Anglo family" may be a beautiful Image, but it's just that, a Image.

I've lost count of the number of anti-gay Christian activists who are discovered to be homosexual.

The number of stories of daddy or uncle or someone diddling the sons and daughters.

Hell I know personally that a hardcore Christian mother can sexually, mentally, emotionally abuse her son.

Religion is a coat of many colors.

No matter what people believe or stand for, what is actually in their hearts or done behind closed doors is often never seen/known and often is the exact opposite of what their outer persona represents.

At least with non-believing "freaks" you know what you are getting and they are a tiny bit more likely to be honest with themselves and others since they don't have to worry about a family or community exiling them for thinking differently.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 20:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I agree completely, human error. Interesting how Chaosx's mind thinks with a simple picture portraying a nice looking family.
I wasn't sure if they were catholic or not, so I went with the generic analysis. :D
 Sylph.Ranok
Server: Sylph
user: Ranok
By Sylph.Ranok 2010-06-08 20:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
That's the big thing though, Christians can't accept someone who has no faith, and Atheists can't accept someone who can blindly put faith into something without proof.

I'm a christian. I accept that others have different faiths/no faiths. :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 20:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
What's that story in the bible about someone having to sacrifice one of their children to prove their faith in god?
Isn't it supposed to be a story about faith? That's definitely a sweet lesson in the bible right there: Listen to voices in your head that say kill your child, lol!

It was a metaphorical story, in which jealousy promotes pain.
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-08 20:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The "human factor" is all we need to interact with and pay attention too.

The "virtues" of a religion should not be veils for people to hide their true selves and hearts with.

Religion should begin and end as inspiration.

Not become a Armor that hides the soul and keeps everyone who does not believe the exact same way from interacting.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 20:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

It was a metaphorical story, in which jealousy promotes pain.
What's the story called though I want to look it up.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 20:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cain and Abel.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 20:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cain and Abel.
Cool thanks, brb.
Most of the stuff I know about the bible comes from Penn & Teller, The Simpsons, and opinions people post on here. lol
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-08 20:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone can make mistakes, np!

But I know from personal experience, when i was hard core religious me and the countless believers I interacted with ALL went forth to DOMINATE aka Convert the "lost" in the Name and Love of God.

This is why religion is unacceptable.

This was not a bunch of well meaning people living their personal relationship with Christ.

This was and is a active living power entity that through debate, indoctrination, charity, passive-aggressive power games constantly and endlessly attempts to sway and convert anyone and everyone in the name of the Greater Good.

I do not fight against the blessed people with holy hearts who unconditionally shine as the sun.

I fight against those who use religion as a Tool for Power, who even as they help others segregate and divide us all.

Into "the blessed sheep who submit to God (buy into that preachers thoughts and build his church, in the name of God)

and the "deviants who shall live in the outer darkness" (those who do NOT surrender their money, time or power to build a mini-kingdom for some man who comes in the name of God)
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 20:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You could use science as a tool for power also. Religion shouldn't be based on how people portray it, it should be based on how it effects your life, for better or worse.
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-08 20:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll bite^^;

1- How did it all started?
It'd be silly for me to even try and answer this. Regardless of how it happened, everything is 'created', whether God did infact say 'Let there be light!' or that giant explosion really did kickstart everything, everything starts with a something. I could be wrong, but that's my belief^^;

2- What's the purpose of my life?
The purpose of my life... I am unsure of this, but while I'm looking for my calling, I'm going to try my hardest to help everyone I can to enjoy their lives ^^. Whether they share my beliefs or not, it costs nothing to spread a smile, to offer a helping hand, or brighten someone's day when they're down.
Even if when it comes to my time on my deathbed, and I feel I haven't found my purpose in life, I'll know I've done ok if I've managed to improve the quality of life of those around me.

3- Why the evolution theory is still just a theory?
Unless we were there personally, I think it will always be just a theory. We can think about what happened, but unless we were actually there, then all we can come up with are theories. :P Even scientific findings will change from time to time~

4- If everything was created by coincidence, then what is the soul, after if science says that the any substance can't be turned into nothing. then where does the soul goes when it leaves a living thing?.

I wouldn't say we were just created by 'coincidence'... I am a firm believer that someone had to start the ball rolling.
The soul is a hard thing to try and explain... to me I think the soul is what makes you... you! You might look like someone else on the planet, but only you have your personality, your likes/dislikes, your nuances... it's kinda like the thing that gives you your individuality, makes you want to be unique, your essence... I don't know what else I can call it lol.
When the soul leaves the body, it's different for everyone since we all believe different things.. I think that I'll go on to the afterlife, I don't know where I'll end up. I want to say that I'd go to heaven! haha, but that would be awfully obnoxious of me, and it's not my place to make that choice so I'll go where God deems best for me ^^;.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-08 20:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dobrusi said:
I'm open about my faith with respect to people who might not agree. I think one of the biggest problems is that Christians are not holding fellow Christians accountable when they make people feel inferior for not sharing the same belief. Its not easy to do but it is necessary because look at the way Christians are being segregated now. Its only going to get worse, sad to say. I hope I'm wrong lol!

I couldn't agree with you more here, /highfive ^^
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 20:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I forget I want to answer the OP's questions:

1- How did it all started?

Big bang video was funny, nice touch. To make this short the saying: "Existence precedes essence" sums this up.

2- What's the purpose of my life?

A few people said the same thing. Reproduction. The purpose of any living thing is to reproduce. Simple enough.

3- Why the evolution theory is still just a theory?

This is more about technical stuff than anything. Just like the laws of physics aren't by all means an end all to why stuff happens, so is evolution. You could call it the Laws of Evolution if you wanted to, but they're still discovering missing links and other things.

4- If everything was created by coincidence, then what is the soul, after if science says that the any substance can't be turned into nothing. then where does the soul goes when it leaves a living thing?.

The soul is an idea created by religion. You might as well ask "Can god create a __(noun)__ so __(adjective)__ that he himself could not __(verb)__ it?" Fill in the gaps with whatever is on your mind.
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-08 20:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I am just sick how ALL PEOPLE are in various ways always trying to snuff each other.

No one can feel, be, do anything unless it's,

A) Done/accepted in an established religions teachings/text.

B) Proven in a universally accepted scientific theory.

C) I don't give a *** what you are/feel/do, if you don't surrender your power/time/money your worthless.

It's all BS.

I feel people should not only believe what they want, but EXPLORE their minds, emotions, spirit and manifest whatever they truly are even if there is no cultural, religious or scientific context for their True Self.

The Truth does not always work 9-5 and generate a pay check.

The Truth does not always have previous events and examples to show people it's existence.

I just want people to have the freedom and peace to really get in touch with who they really are.

Not just be herded into a tent of religion, science or a straight up dictatorship.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-08 20:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

And this silly attempt to stereotype ALL atheists as suicidal freaks is also human error. But thanks for trying. 8)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 21:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Silvaria said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

And this silly attempt to stereotype ALL atheists as suicidal freaks is also human error. But thanks for trying. 8)
ty, someone got what I did there. :D
[+]
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-08 21:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I am one of those people that want proof, Because no one really knows what happened~ Just my opinion.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-06-08 21:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the responses here! :) It felt good reading your guys' open opinions without any antagonism. Keep it up~

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Now, what's FUNNY, is that... that picture on the right? Is that Nightwish on his t-shirt? Because I *** LOVE Nightwish. I think that's Marco of the EPIK BEARD on the left, Tarja (PWNS ANNETTE STFU ALL WHO THINK OTHERWISE D;<), Jukka with his bad-*** bandanna, and Tuomas on the right. (Where's Emppu?? ; ;)

Also, I own a couple blades myself 'cause they're handy, and I've been a sort of outdoorsy person since I was young. Buuut I don't cut myself (on purpose)....?

And I feel more comfortable wearing dark colors, don't really know why.

Only thing is, I don't like make up. :/ None of this eyeshadow/nail polish stuff. But, I have black hair, so... yeah. I'm like 3/4 "emo" apparently. Q_Q
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 21:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I like the responses here! :) It felt good reading your guys' open opinions without any antagonism. Keep it up~
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Now, what's FUNNY, is that... that picture on the right? Is that Nightwish on his t-shirt? Because I *** LOVE Nightwish. I think that's Marco on the left, Tarja (PWNS ANNETTE STFU ALL WHO THINK OTHERWISE D;<), Jukka with his bad-*** bandanna, and Tuomas on the right. (Where's Emppu?? ; ;)

Also, I own a couple blades myself 'cause they're handy, and I've been a sort of outdoorsy person since I was young. Buuut I don't cut myself (on purpose)....?

And I feel more comfortable wearing dark colors, don't really know why.

Only thing is, I don't like make up. :/ None of this eyeshadow/nail polish stuff. But, I have black hair, so... yeah. I'm like 3/4 "emo" apparently. Q_Q
I thought it was Marilyn Manson tbh, lol.
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Server: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-06-08 21:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cain and Abel.

Wrong story bro, it's the story of Abraham and his son Isaac. Just my 2 cents.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-08 21:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cain and Abel.
I just read the wiki page on the story. The main point is jealously, seems you're right on that. I'm confused though on this whole sacrifice thing though. Their god wanted animal sacrifices or something?

And I don't think this was the story I was thinking of.
I thought there was another story about a parent who had to kill their child and at the last minute, god said they didn't have to or something, just wanted to test their faith.

This story you gave me was about two brother and the first murder. Is there a story about a parent?

First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11