Why Is It So Difficult To Criticize Islam Without Angrying It Deeply?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't even give my opinions on these matters, I'd be thrown out into the street and stoned most likely ;-;
My views are borderline heretical, apparently.

Something to do with me not recognizing Israel as a country appears to piss people off.

Why isn't Israel a country again?
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Balufalu said:
semimmortal said:
Actually, if you look deep into why they're doing so, is similar to how nuns cover up their body completely.
Modesty, faithfulness, etc.

This is pretty low to criticize on, and only makes us look bad to look down on them for that...

Amen to this, isn't the whole point of them covering their bodies supposed to be because Their body is for their husband's eyes only?

Are the other three wives of the husband allowed to see each other without being fully clothed?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 19:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me started on Mormons... They know my only weakness :(
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Trebold said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:
Surah 9:5

"When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful."
Dude... you do know this applies only to their region in the past?
read moar

9:1 A declaration of immunity from God and His apostle to the idolaters with whom you have made agreements:

9:2 For four months you shall go unmolested in the land. But know that you shall not escape God’s judgement, and that God will humble the unbelievers.

9:3 A proclamation to the people from God and His apostle on the day of the greater pilgrimage:

God and His apostle are under no obligation to the idolaters. If you repent, it shall be well with you; but if you give no heed, know that you shall not be immune from God’s judgement.

Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers,

9:4 except to those idolaters who have honoured their treaties with you in every detail and aided none against you. With these keep faith, until their treaties have run their term. God loves the righteous.

9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful.

9:6 If an idolater seeks asylum with you, give him protection so that he may hear the Word of God, and then convey him to safety. For the idolaters are ignorant men.

9:7 God and His apostle repose no trust in idolaters, save those with whom you have made treaties at the Sacred Mosque. So long as they keep faith with you, keep faith with them. God loves the righteous.

9:8 How can you trust them? If they prevail against you they will respect neither agreements nor ties of kindred. They flatter you with their tongues, but their hearts reject you. Most of them are evil doers.

Yes, because this says: "oh, by the way, guys, only do this between the years 500 AD to 1500 AD, ok?"
Only proved it more so lol.
Read before copy/paste, and learn wtf they're talking about.

Hint in case of retardism: Research the idols in that era and their believers.

I got in Philosophy class an A ~.~ most of the things discussed here are pure retardness anyways. Might aswell fight retardness with more retardness....
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Asura.Balufalu said:
semimmortal said:
Actually, if you look deep into why they're doing so, is similar to how nuns cover up their body completely.

This is pretty low to criticize on, and only makes us look bad to look down on them for that...

Amen to this, isn't the whole point of them covering their bodies supposed to be because Their body is for their husband's eyes only?

Are the other three wives of the husband allowed to see each other without being fully clothed?

:O never thought about that if they do those things! Oh my in the name of the Lord!
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Balufalu said:
semimmortal said:

This is true, as well as some of their close family members.
Lived with some Muslim friends (oh ***, and some were girls too!), that's how I've come to understand their religion :P
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Trebold said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:

"When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful."
read moar

9:1 A declaration of immunity from God and His apostle to the idolaters with whom you have made agreements:

9:2 For four months you shall go unmolested in the land. But know that you shall not escape God’s judgement, and that God will humble the unbelievers.

9:3 A proclamation to the people from God and His apostle on the day of the greater pilgrimage:

God and His apostle are under no obligation to the idolaters. If you repent, it shall be well with you; but if you give no heed, know that you shall not be immune from God’s judgement.

9:4 except to those idolaters who have honoured their treaties with you in every detail and aided none against you. With these keep faith, until their treaties have run their term. God loves the righteous.

9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful.

9:6 If an idolater seeks asylum with you, give him protection so that he may hear the Word of God, and then convey him to safety. For the idolaters are ignorant men.

9:7 God and His apostle repose no trust in idolaters, save those with whom you have made treaties at the Sacred Mosque. So long as they keep faith with you, keep faith with them. God loves the righteous.

9:8 How can you trust them? If they prevail against you they will respect neither agreements nor ties of kindred. They flatter you with their tongues, but their hearts reject you. Most of them are evil doers.

Yes, because this says: "oh, by the way, guys, only do this between the years 500 AD to 1500 AD, ok?"

tl;dr: "Keep looking you'll find my point in it eventually, even if it may or may not exist!"

gogogogo "do sum research" copout
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-01 19:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:

Wait, are you saying that it was entirely their choice, every single one of them, to do that?

It wasn't a society thing? I thought Islam required their religion to be so integrated into their society that you have to eat, breath, and think Islam.

Also, I can bet you 100 bucks right now it was a guy who made all of the rules of Islam....
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There really should be a:

"You need to do your research" meme
or
"Get back to me when you've done your research" meme
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
semimmortal said:

Wait, are you saying that it was entirely their choice, every single one of them, to do that?

It wasn't a society thing? I thought Islam required their religion to be so integrated into their society that you have to eat, breath, and think Islam.

Also, I can bet you 100 bucks right now it was a guy who made all of the rules of Islam....

Like the rest of rules in all humankind society really... Christianity isnt far from that, if you realize, God's heir is a male, the one who runs a church is supposed to be a male...

I think women deserve more respect than what we get though, cuz well we bear children .-.
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't even give my opinions on these matters, I'd be thrown out into the street and stoned most likely ;-;

Something to do with me not recognizing Israel as a country appears to piss people off.

It actually used to be philistine before they've been taken over and renamed israel, at least that was the story.
Phoenix.Darki said:
I got in Philosophy class an A ~.~ most of the things discussed here are pure retardness anyways. Might aswell fight retardness with more retardness....
Philosophy? You don't mean History?
Ah, can see why you say studying it makes you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE already!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-01 19:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Trebold said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:

read moar

Hint for you: Is it still being practiced?
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
semimmortal said:

Well, there wasn't any specific rules in Islam. The book is basically a story of the Prophet Mohamed (spelling?) and all the way to his death.
BUT, using the book, they can take the advices from it and apply it to their daily lives.

The hijab thing was actually an enhancement thing compared to what was happening in that era. Striptease everywhere. Which was part of the rival religion at that time (idol faiths).
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-01 19:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Like the rest of rules in all humankind society really... Christianity isnt far from that, if you realize, God's heir is a male, the one who runs a church is supposed to be a male...

I think women deserve more respect than what we get though, cuz well we bear children .-.
All religions (well, all practiced religions, you can't count some religions in Japan though) are like that.

See, we can't advance as a global society if we keep restraining ourselves like this concept of religion.

But then again, its also good to believe in something for the unknown. And religions do have good moral and ethical practices.

See the problem? We should all just abolish all religions, but keep the religion from the religion.

Or something like that.
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Asura.Korpg said:
semimmortal said:

Well, there wasn't any specific rules in Islam. The book is basically a story of the Prophet Mohamed (spelling?) and all the way to his death.
BUT, using the book, they can take the advices from it and apply it to their daily lives.

The hijab thing was actually an enhancement thing compared to what was happening in that era. Striptease everywhere. Which was part of the rival religion at that time (idol faiths).

Yes, because Judaism is idol worship.
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:

read moar

Do you see them trying to kill other religions in their own country? Nope, they've got some kind of tax though... not sure if it is applied anymore.

Only people you see killing each other are the extremist taking the whole context wrong (like our friend here, Trebold).
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Asura.Korpg said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:

read moar

Do you see them trying to kill other religions in their own country? Nope, they've got some kind of tax though... not sure if it is applied anymore.

Only people you see killing each other are the extremist taking the whole context wrong (like our friend here, Trebold).

Context, huh? Would you rather me post the entire Qu'ran on here? It's funny because it'd still prove my point.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It actually used to be philistine before they've been taken over and renamed israel, at least that was the story.
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ah, can see why you say studying it makes you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE already!

In philosophy they give you History aswell, specialy on the religions to understand the point of view of the philosophers, if you don't know where they are standing in life, you won't know why they thought those things. Philosophy isn't about sitting down and making up logic about the world, theres more things involved in it. Just informing you, since you seem ignorant to how classes in university work.
 Ragnarok.Virusheartt
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Virusheartt 2010-05-01 19:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not "running away" lol , it's just all ppl here are annoying and I dont have all day to keep relpying to them and they keep insulting my religon with screen shot, photo's or what ever

you have your own believes and I do , SO why everyone sticking thier noses in other ppl stuff?

my religon has been insulted in this forum and ppl were making fun of it and I knew that from the start so all what I was trying to do is closing it

I'm not running away I'm just being annoyed to talk with you guys and none of you had really good thing to say

about hijab and swiwmming dress or w/e u guys called it
isnt it better then wearing a bikini on the beach and you mom or sister get hit on by some guy who's trying to "sleep" with her?

want me to post porn , nude stuff from your country? and you're happy with that ? you never get jealuos ? or you dont care if ur sister have a boyfriend that is going to sleep with her tonight and at the end get's bregnant ( I know I missedspell it) and her boyfriend "run away"

I can talk alot about ur country and dont say it's "country" cus those are ppl and there is a % from them have religon .

you guys never talkd about that? you guys having fun of having sex with any girl that you just made relationship with her?

Guys: Fix urself then fix other's.

End.
 Asura.Balufalu
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Balufalu 2010-05-01 19:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Asura.Balufalu said:
semimmortal said:

I can't answer that :( and I wouldn't want to hazard a guess either incase I was wrong
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

All religions (well, all practiced religions, you can't count some religions in Japan though) are like that.

See, we can't advance as a global society if we keep restraining ourselves like this concept of religion.

But then again, its also good to believe in something for the unknown. And religions do have good moral and ethical practices.

See the problem? We should all just abolish all religions, but keep the religion from the religion.

Or something like that.

Religions are only a mixture of different belief's and cultures brought together by different groups. Thats why we get so many of them, because they try to always make up a new one that is better, but they always have pros and cons, so in reality it's a creation of the man.

Like I heard in philosophy class
'are humans the creation of god, or is god the creation of humans?'
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
Well, if you read the history well, they were also attacked by other religions. I've specifically started with idolators since it was what gave birth to Islam and their progress over other religions in that time/area.

Islam started out small. The book was merely to guide them to adapting to their harsh environment. If it was to just say, "Sit there and turn the other cheek", they're gonna get raped by other religions.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 19:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Virusheartt said:
it's not "running away" lol , it's just all ppl here are annoying and I dont have all day to keep relpying to them and they keep insulting my religon with screen shot, photo's or what ever

you have your own believes and I do , SO why everyone sticking thier noses in other ppl stuff?

my religon has been insulted in this forum and ppl were making fun of it and I knew that from the start so all what I was trying to do is closing it

I'm not running away I'm just being annoyed to talk with you guys and none of you had really good thing to say

about hijab and swiwmming dress or w/e u guys called it
isnt it better then wearing a bikini on the beach and you mom or sister get hit on by some guy who's trying to "sleep" with her?

want me to post porn , nude stuff from your country? and you're happy with that ? you never get jealuos ? or you dont care if ur sister have a boyfriend that is going to sleep with her tonight and at the end get's bregnant ( I know I missedspell it) and her boyfriend "run away"

I can talk alot about ur country and dont say it's "country" cus those are ppl and there is a % from them have religon .

you guys never talkd about that? you guys having fun of having sex with any girl that you just made relationship with her?

Guys: Fix urself then fix other's.

End.
I think the point of it is, Women should have their own choices, and men don't own them.

The *** gives you the right to disallow them to do anything? To do that proves you think of them as a lesser being to yourself.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
semimmortal said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Phoenix.Darki said:

In philosophy they give you History aswell, specialy on the religions to understand the point of view of the philosophers, if you don't know where they are standing in life, you won't know why they thought those things. Philosophy isn't about sitting down and making up logic about the world, theres more things involved in it. Just informing you, since you seem ignorant to how classes in university work.

and btw, why do you have to be so hostile about it? I'm completly calm trying to give out a point. I never attacked you.
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
and btw, why do you have to be so hostile about it? I'm completly calm trying to give out a point. I never attacked you.
:/
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Trebold said:
Well, if you read the history well, they were also attacked by other religions. I've specifically started with idolators since it was what gave birth to Islam and their progress over other religions in that time/area.

Islam started out small. The book was merely to guide them to adapting to their harsh environment. If it was to just say, "Sit there and turn the other cheek", they're gonna get raped by other religions.

Yeah, therefore you must stomp out the other religions, to prove that your religion is #1. Would hate to "do the right thing" as it would lead them to get raped by other religions.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Virusheartt:

Getting pregnant from any douche that leaves you can happen anywhere anytime to anyone... Weather you cover yourself up with a billion rags or hang around naked, you run the same luck, by either getting raped or being fooled.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-05-01 20:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

With regard to the title of the thread...it isn't even grammatically correct. One cannot "angry" a religion, since a religion is not an entity with emotions.

As for the topic...have you ever tried criticizing Christianity in front of a Christian? Talk about "angrying" them, LOL...hell, I've tried just asking simple questions about Christianity, and was immediately accused of being hostile. Questions and critical comments are a big no-no in most religions, not just Islam.

By semimmortal 2010-05-01 20:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:

Yeah, therefore you must stomp out the other religions, to prove that your religion is #1. Would hate to "do the right thing" as it would lead them to get raped by other religions.
Well, if you've studied further, it shows that they were really getting raped before that page was made and allowed them to retaliate.

Again, this shows that why criticism in the modern age sucks. Used to be intelligent a long time ago... I miss those times...
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 20:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
:/

why do you even take that as a personal attack to you? I was trying to point out people don't understand most of the things they're saying, so they're debating over something that isn't even true. Comming from someone that actually went up to university and paid 500USD for a class to hear all this *** from a professional, and come to a forum and hear people say things that are nonsence.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23