New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Quit like a Cat
Quit like a Cat
By Zekko 2010-04-30 14:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
Zekko said:
First off, your account sucked so you shouldnt really have posted yourself throwing away items that nearly everybody has.

Second it took you this long to find out ffxi sucked? o.o

You say that the game sucks and yet you are posting on one if its fan community sites?

Because i used to play? Just cause i think it sucks doesnt mean i cant look on the forum.

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Keep that in mind srs bsns people and you just might avoid using shotgun mouthwash when SE finally shuts down FFXI servers.

FFXI will last forever!
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-30 14:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You say that the game sucks and yet you are posting on one if its fan community sites?

Most of the board is complaining about FFXI anyways though.
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-04-30 14:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Azura, you might as well quit posting on this thread,because no matter what you say, the sharks are waiting for the blood to attack you. you can't win. it amazes me how fast and easy it is for people to start bashing other people on this game. Not one single person on here has the right to tell another person what to do with their character, no one. Complain, yes, we can see that here. Why you posted it on here I have no clue, but if you wanted drama, you got it lol. have fun in life.
 Asura.Blkninja
Server: Asura
user: Blkninja
By Asura.Blkninja 2010-04-30 14:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We're all quitting one day.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-30 14:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:

Most of the board is complaining about FFXI anyways though.

Can't think of an occasion where I have complained about something, love the game :)

People complain far too much about games nowadays, and GM's take the brunt of the ***. I remember when if you messed up in a game, you pulled your pants up and manned up, carried on and gritted your teeth. Now all people seem to do is complain and whine and *** and moan. Jeez just be happy you have your health and have the time to waste playing these things.
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-30 14:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Varistor said:
Hey Azura, you might as well quit posting on this thread,because no matter what you say, the sharks are waiting for the blood to attack you. you can't win. it amazes me how fast and easy it is for people to start bashing other people on this game. Not one single person on here has the right to tell another person what to do with their character, no one. Complain, yes, we can see that here. Why you posted it on here I have no clue, but if you wanted drama, you got it lol. have fun in life.

It is the equivalent of running out into the street and yelling that you quit your job, while you toss your office supplies into a bonfire. No one cares, most people think you are a ***, and you get nothing out of it, other than shameful looks and shaking heads.
 Bahamut.Oblivion
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2010-05-01 15:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The best part of acquiring all that stuff is the liberation that comes from throwing it all away.

Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-01 16:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
It is the equivalent of running out into the street and yelling that you quit your job, while you toss your office supplies into a bonfire. No one cares

/thread

This pretty much sums it up.

Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 16:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

haha i think its funny to the morons who think "not tossing" your items and quitting forever is somehow better than tossing them.

first off she doesnt owe anyone anything so tossing them doesnt matter, they are all lost in the end anyways.

but the cloud evoker and monkey wine <--tinnin pop to the one who asked would of been better served /shout sold or something.

long story short who cares how she quit. but the SS's of it were a lil much. even to the lonely boys song, which made it a lil better. lol
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-05-01 19:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said:
haha i think its funny to the morons who think "not tossing" your items and quitting forever is somehow better than tossing them.

first off she doesnt owe anyone anything so tossing them doesnt matter, they are all lost in the end anyways.

but the cloud evoker and monkey wine <--tinnin pop to the one who asked would of been better served /shout sold or something.

long story short who cares how she quit. but the SS's of it were a lil much. even to the lonely boys song, which made it a lil better. lol

The point was, when she returns, which inevitably she will (or he, gender wasnt specified), they will make a GM ticket asking for everything back. They will most likely make up some crap that they got hacked, which won't help them at all. They will then have an investigation done, only to be told that their stuff is gone for good. They will then kick and scream at the poor GM who picks up their stupid *** moron ticket.

I am just trying to say that idiotic behaviour like this little drama queen rewards nothing, makes people just pity you, and you are lining up to make a GM's day crap in the future.

In short, you are being a 100% total douchebag.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 20:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
The point was, when she returns, which inevitably she will (or he, gender wasnt specified), they will make a GM ticket asking for everything back. They will most likely make up some crap that they got hacked, which won't help them at all. They will then have an investigation done, only to be told that their stuff is gone for good. They will then kick and scream at the poor GM who picks up their stupid *** moron ticket.

I am just trying to say that idiotic behaviour like this little drama queen rewards nothing, makes people just pity you, and you are lining up to make a GM's day crap in the future.

In short, you are being a 100% total douchebag.

most people toss their ***so they don't come back. i doubt it really helps since I've had 3 friends quit/toss ***and come back. with get this "all their stuff". most GMs will restore your stuff the first time...so don't say that they wont. lol

EDIT; but i do agree that this will annoy a gm someday ahead lol.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-01 20:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Ashbringer is in the wrong career. He obviously shouldn't be involved in customer service.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 20:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Ashbringer is in the wrong career. He obviously shouldn't be involved in customer service.

At least he's realistic.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 20:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

At least he's realistic.

only realistic in the sense that in a few months there will be a GM QQing forum here.

And by that i mean the GM who had to restore a bunch of peoples accounts is just gonna break and create a "I hate stupid ppl grawrmoofish" thread.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-01 21:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azura said:
it's a joke. . . .
i did bust my *** for all of it i'm just not interested in playing anymore, so what do you want me to do with it? I can't give any of it to anyone.

There was AH gear and a few crafting materials in all that. :/

Just saying.. Most people who post these types of quitting posts just come across as selfish attention seekers.
[+]
 Ifrit.Preluder
Server: Ifrit
user: preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-05-01 21:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would someone quit this way? At least Rmt your account or sell it to someone. Get something out of all the work you put into it.
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-01 21:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

im sure he will be back on the forums in a few months asking why he cant get his character restored.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

it may not have real life value but you know it took some time from your real life.... and thats more valuable than anything...
8 years of your life and you dont even sell it to get profit...
or let a friend toy with your kitty... even still, you couldve done this and not posted it ...its more like
'look everyone, you are working your *** to get this item and I am tossing it off because LULZ i feel like laughing at you'
it does make other players feel bad, because they see alot of effort wasted... then like that dude said, you lash out at a Gm for not restoring your account... *** like you are the main reason why GM's are so worthless...

still, it was your kitty, when I quit darki for 2 years I didnt do anythng about her i also felt selfish about letting anyone else play her, but i wouldnt had done that, i wouldve kept her as a throphy of accomplishment, hard work and real life time taken into my account is enough to let me know it really is valuable in my real life.

What a waste, oh well.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 21:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
it may not have real life value but you know it took some time from your real life.... and thats more valuable than anything...
or let a friend toy with your kitty... even still, you couldve done this and not posted it ...its more like
'look everyone, you are working your *** to get this item and I am tossing it off because LULZ i feel like laughing at you'
it does make other players feel bad, because they see alot of effort wasted... then like that dude said, you lash out at a Gm for not restoring your account... *** like you are the main reason why GM's are so worthless...

still, it was your kitty, when I quit darki for 2 years I didnt do anythng about her i also felt selfish about letting anyone else play her, but i wouldnt had done that, i wouldve kept her as a throphy of accomplishment, hard work and real life time taken into my account is enough to let me know it really is valuable in my real life.

What a waste, oh well.

Imagine you couldve spent that time on a girlfriend/boyfriend or idk..studying... or getting laid as a hobby yez.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-05-01 21:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

What a waste, oh well.

Imagine you couldve spent that time on a girlfriend/boyfriend or idk..studying... or getting laid as a hobby yez.

Haha, quoting yourself saying that looks really funny. I know you meant that at the OP, just pointing that out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-01 22:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Ragnarok.Azura said:
it's a joke. . . .
i did bust my *** for all of it i'm just not interested in playing anymore, so what do you want me to do with it? I can't give any of it to anyone.

There was AH gear and a few crafting materials in all that. :/

Just saying.. Most people who post these types of quitting posts just come across as selfish attention seekers.
Yeah get on his case cause he didn't hand out the 24 pebbles. Everything else he dropped/npc'd was rare/ex or augmented.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-01 22:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

Yeah cause he has totally lashed out at a GM already.

Customers make the GMs shitty, that's rich.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2010-05-01 22:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Never understood the point in these types of posts.. Always comes off as saying 'I'm an ***, look at all the stuff I have that people bust their *** for, and check it out, I'm throwing it all away and SS'ing just to show everyone'

^this
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-01 22:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see some <.<
ladies send your screenshots
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok then basically it comes down to this.

That guy is an attention seeker and decided it would be super sweet if he showed people who clearly wouldn't care him throwing items away.

People clearly didn't care and asked "Why?" Blindphleb came along and bitched for a while, we all had a good day and nothing of value was lost.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-01 22:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly some people did care.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly some people did care.

You don't count.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-01 22:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cause only I have posted in the last three pages.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cause only I have posted in the last three pages.

The sand from your vagina was pretty much blocking out all the other posts tbh.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-01 22:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you can do whatever you want with your account, you don't necessarily have to sell it. Give it to a friend, give away all your tradeable items, keep it as is in case you come back, or trash everything and delete even. Doesn't matter. What you should be getting out of this game is the memories and friends, not cold hard cash.

Point is though, trashing everything and then coming onto this site to brag about all the shiny hot gear you just trashed because you could, is pretty grammar school and it's time to grow up. Nobody else cares; many of us have a lot of that stuff anyways. It shouldn't be a big enough deal for the op to have wasted their time on.