Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Quit like a Cat
Quit like a Cat
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-04-30 03:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You say you don't have anything to do with it.. but throwing it away is just a /slap in the face to all the people that help you get it. So what if it's just items in a game.. they helped and you reply by throwing it as trash and showing off that you did. It doesn't really matter in the end but it is still pretty rude.

... "except now mine is literally nothingness and not wasted storage"... You can have a GDR (Game Data Restore) for a very long time.. and everything will be back.. so it's still wasting storage for a long time. If so concerned about "nothingness" why post the pics?

I think if ya really are leaving on good terms- there is no reason or want to do anything like this. Because, since you are leaving... why bother... And then to even post reply to it.. just sounds like you want attention for doing it. I thought you were quitting, not looking for another way to get noticed.

Also, coulda crop the pics so they are readable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-30 03:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've known way to many people who throw everything away/give everything away, and quit, just to come back to the game a few months/to a year later, and are very sorry they ever did it in the first place.... I hope you realize what you did, but if you do quit for good.. i wish you good luck
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-30 03:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azura said:
If you never play again it may as well be tossed. I already know i'm never playing again, nor am i letting anyone else use it, so what does it matter how i quit, it's all ending up in the same place. digital nothingness, except now mine is literally nothingness and not wasted storage (not like it's a real problem anyways). The point is, it doesnt matter what i do with it all, it's over, I have done everything i could for those i left behind, i divided 25 mil, and had nothing of actual gil value anymore. In my opinion, there is no better way of keeping me from returning than to drop everything else.

I'm not saying the time spent was just that worthless to me, on the contrary it's the items i find worthless in real value. the time spent with friends and people i've met online were the real treasure of the game and the only reason i played for so long. Tossing items that i've obtained over the years should have no effect on an REAL friends in life.

P.S. Zicdeh.. i'll take a rain-check.

the items you find worthless in terms of real value. however you see them, others may/will look at them differently.

however you justify it, the long and short of it is you tossed a lot of crap a lot of people want.

and however you think/feel about it is whatever and fine same as anyone else, just dont be surprised about people thinking its not cool on general principle.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-30 03:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You should use your restore now before its too late
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-04-30 03:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have been more impressed had there been better gear dropped. Gimp account is still gimp, even after it's deleted. Couldnt have sold this account for more than like $200 or so anyway, and that's if you were lucky to find someone willing to drop that much on five 75s, the cheapest 100 craft around (with no capped subs), all area access, and TH4.

Bring me more screens of you dropping your completed relics... your Duelists Chapeau, Dalmatica, Hauteclaire, Velocious Belt, Defending Ring, Ridill, HQ abjuration gear, completed Salvage pieces, Shadow/Valhalla stuff, sea torques, SCNM hats, AV/PW items... hell, I'll even go as low as 5/5 Homam! You had jobs to equip all this ***... But dont worry, until you're dropping gear of this magnitude no one really cares.

I do gotta ask though... if you went to the trouble of getting rid of your sellables, undoubtedly giving them away to your friends... why'd you drop the cloud evoker or the tinnin pop? Both of which you could have made a run at with your linkshell as a "going away party" of sorts and let them keep the spoils... /cry at wasted Bahamut triggers and a few million gil.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Azura
Server: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2010-04-30 04:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

man... you guys really just can't take a joke.
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I'd have been more impressed had there been better gear dropped. Gimp account is still gimp, even after it's deleted. Couldnt have sold this account for more than like $200 or so anyway, and that's if you were lucky to find someone willing to drop that much on five 75s, the cheapest 100 craft around (with no capped subs), all area access, and TH4.

Bring me more screens of you dropping your completed relics... your Duelists Chapeau, Dalmatica, Hauteclaire, Velocious Belt, Defending Ring, Ridill, HQ abjuration gear, completed Salvage pieces, Shadow/Valhalla stuff, sea torques, SCNM hats, AV/PW items... hell, I'll even go as low as 5/5 Homam! You had jobs to equip all this ***... But dont worry, until you're dropping gear of this magnitude no one really cares.

I do gotta ask though... if you went to the trouble of getting rid of your sellables, undoubtedly giving them away to your friends... why'd you drop the cloud evoker or the tinnin pop? Both of which you could have made a run at with your linkshell as a "going away party" of sorts and let them keep the spoils... /cry at wasted Bahamut triggers and a few million gil.

Final Reply

Sovereign, I don't care what you call my gear or for what was dropped, but I did take pride in what was there. I just hope you aren't as rude to every stranger or friend you might know who doesn't live up to your standards.

Sorry you guys don't get the joke. Take Care
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-30 04:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azura said:
Final Reply

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW attention grabbing attempt failed :'(
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-04-30 04:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
so youre just dumb. someone would have paid 2-300$ for that stripped even, and you wouldnt have had to post all these stupid screenshots :D too late for that now though, gj getting NOTHING OUT OF ALL THE TIME YOU SPEND DOING THAT

Selling your character is against the ToS anyway, besides we have enough gimp players running around, dont need anymore Lv75 noob who doesnt know what an airship pass is.

When i do finally quit anything that be sold/traded will be given to friends then i`ll just logout somewhere and that`ll be it
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-04-30 05:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

When I quit I shall sell all saleable gear, leave all rare/ex gear on character and give all my gil away to some random noob :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 07:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is Monkey Wine?!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 07:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be worth keeping just incase you ever want to check the game out again for nostalgia sake, or if you get in the mood?

You've just thrown away things for a token gesture that makes no sense :/
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-30 08:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Wouldn't it be worth keeping just incase you ever want to check the game out again for nostalgia sake, or if you get in the mood?

You've just thrown away things for a token gesture that makes no sense :/

I don't think they'd wanna come back if they're quitting because FFXI is becoming detrimental to their life ~

/shrug

[+]
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-30 09:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As a GM for another leading MMo, I can tell you that you are the worst kind of player.

You quit, delete all your stuff, usually due to some long running pent up drama or a rage at something. You quit for 3 months, then come back, begging a GM to restore everything, then fly off the handle when we tell you it's your own stupid fault.

If you are going to quit (something I have done many times from many games I go back to), just do it and stop being such a drama queen about it. Your actions are dumb, and you will no doubt have a good old scream when you come back and the GM's tell you to gtfo.

See you in 3 months.
[+]
 Asura.Charzue
user: CalmCCF
By Asura.Charzue 2010-04-30 09:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azura said:
yea so i wanted to put SNL: Lonely
More power to you man, It felt good to quit this dumb game. At the end of the day all the gear means nothing but text and has no bearing on real life in any way.
[+]
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-04-30 09:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome -_-
What's the point in showing it to every1?
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-30 09:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Krystale said:
Awesome -_-
What's the point in showing it to every1?

It's what cool kids do!
[+]
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-04-30 09:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Siren.Krystale said:
Awesome -_- What's the point in showing it to every1?
It's what cool kids do!
ohhhhh /popcorn

*Lol always forgot to verify the char Im posting as ._.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-30 10:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ashbringer said:
If you are going to quit, just do it and stop being such a drama queen about it.

Seriously.

It's just like people who make 'goodbye' threads on forums.
[+]
 Cerberus.Manwae
Guildwork Premium
Server: Cerberus
user: manwae1
By Cerberus.Manwae 2010-04-30 10:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

he should have desynthed his b haidate, ive wondered wth those would desynth into ever since mithano posted that thread.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-04-30 11:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, your account sucked so you shouldnt really have posted yourself throwing away items that nearly everybody has.

Second it took you this long to find out ffxi sucked? o.o
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-04-30 11:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I read it and actually found the "You throw away a Ungur Boomarang" very, very funny. I mean, will it come back?
[+]
 Fenrir.Cobblers
Server: Fenrir
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2010-04-30 11:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Return to Vanadiel + deleted characters = not deleted.

{See you again}
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-30 11:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
First off, your account sucked so you shouldnt really have posted yourself throwing away items that nearly everybody has.

Second it took you this long to find out ffxi sucked? o.o

You say that the game sucks and yet you are posting on one if its fan community sites?
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-04-30 11:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:

Holy sour grapes, Batman...

"Ohhh, how DARE he quit without living up to the standards of imaginary online armor set by some guy he doesn't know! The nerve!!"

Jesus, some of you people are ridiculous...
[+]
 Sylph.Gilmour
By Sylph.Gilmour 2010-04-30 11:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's a good game! I wish more people would play!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-30 11:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:

[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-04-30 13:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol at all the srs bsns people in this thread.

You all don't know what you're talking about. I started the game with Azura and have helped him obtain a large part of what he threw away and feel just fine that he did it. He wanted to stop playing and if doing what he did makes that happen then more power to him.

Some of you might find what he did to be in bad taste or a slap in the face, that's cool, it's open to interpretation, but that wasn't his intention.

A comment by Kaeko on his LJ Kanican comes to mind here; "As large of an attachment you have to your character, it is ultimately not yours. Hence you really can't complain about the loss of something that's not yours right?"

Keep that in mind srs bsns people and you just might avoid using shotgun mouthwash when SE finally shuts down FFXI servers.
[+]