Interesting Point
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-04-13 14:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a little something I found the other day, thought I should share it, maybe a bad idea?

"Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does makes a point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points....

"Someone finally said it. There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc."

"And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK."

"But when I call you, ***, Towel head, Sand-***, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ... You call me a racist."

"You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?"

"You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day."

"You have Black History Month.. You have Cesar Chavez Day."

"You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi."

"You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists."

"If we had White History Month, we'd be racists..
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists."

"We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??"

"A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant."

"If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships.... You know we'd be racists."

"There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.. "

"In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists."

"You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists. "

"You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist."

"I am proud .... But you call me a racist."

"Why is it that only whites can be racists??"

**This does not reflect my beliefs, just something I thought other people should see and comment on.

Let the debate begin.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant."
They can, but they'd lose anyways, so it doesn't matter.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-13 15:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What did the court say about it all? Very valid points imo.

Here in sweden in some schools the choldren are now allowed to sing the national anthem anymore because its considered racism.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-13 15:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

People complain about us hanging our flags on our houses too lol. I agree with pretty much all the points he brought up, I think it's *** ridiculous that whites can be accused of being racists but blacks/asians/arabs can't just because they're another color. Everyone is a little racist anyway.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-04-13 15:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why there are any barriers at all related to race anymore, from either side. Are we seriously not past all this yet? I treat my black, Hispanic, Asian, white, Indian, and Island friends all the same. There is no difference.

I guess I could say this. I have a friend who is in a wheelchair, with her feet pointing opposite directions, and one eye permanently shut with balding hair. I don't offer to hold doors open for her (we have doors that hold themselves open if you push a button), I don't offer to push her wheelchair or carry her things. Some people think I am callous to her because of that. It's not that I am callous, I know that she struggles. But I prefer to treat her just like any of my other friends. As far as I am concerned, she's not a cripple. She's just a normal girl who happens to be in a wheelchair. Is this wrong? I don't know, but I don't think so. I think it would be more harmful to treat her like she couldn't do things for herself.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-13 15:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

Not a valid argument at all
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

They have pageants where white girls can win, they need ones where black girls can win too! (aka blax onry)
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-13 15:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
I don't understand why there are any barriers at all related to race anymore, from either side. Are we seriously not past all this yet? I treat my black, Hispanic, Asian, white, Indian, and Island friends all the same. There is no difference.

I guess I could say this. I have a friend who is in a wheelchair, with her feet pointing opposite directions, and one eye permanently shut with balding hair. I don't offer to hold doors open for her (we have doors that hold themselves open if you push a button), I don't offer to push her wheelchair or carry her things. Some people think I am callous to her because of that. It's not that I am callous, I know that she struggles. But I prefer to treat her just like any of my other friends. As far as I am concerned, she's not a cripple. She's just a normal girl who happens to be in a wheelchair. Is this wrong? I don't know, but I don't think so. I think it would be more harmful to treat her like she couldn't do things for herself.

maybe none of the examples apply to you, but white people are called Crackers and Honkeys without repercussion a million times more than the word "***" is heard without rage
[+]
 Siren.Vonn
Server: Siren
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2010-04-13 15:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You can say all those points till you're blue in the face (sorry for being racist against your blue skin color) but it will never hold any water. because unless a black, asian, mexican or middle-eastern person makes these arguments, it's all just racist *** ***to say, whitie.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-04-13 15:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its only a matter of how big of a deal a person makes it, if u never let it go it will never go away. If ur gonna let it bother u all ur life them mabye u need to look on moving on. Nothing is going to change if u wont let it.

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:

I open he door for most people anyways, so someone in a wheelchair wouldn't be any different, :)
 Siren.Vonn
By Siren.Vonn 2010-04-13 15:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

They have pageants where white girls can win, they need ones where black girls can win too! (aka blax onry)

LOL so you're saying that they need to level the playing field?? you racist!
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-13 15:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-13 15:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

miss usa 2002 was not white, miss usa 2008 was not white

any exception to your argument makes it moot, so why is there an exclusive one just for black women
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

miss usa 2002 was not white, miss usa 2008 was not white

any exception to your argument makes it moot, so why is there an exclusive one just for black women
A) wasn't being serious
B) I want a *** recount on both 2002 and 2008
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-13 15:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kramer might not be the best man alive, but the plight of the "white male" has been too long unheard!

We're all people, and its not cool that we get discriminated against for being a majority :|
 Siren.Vonn
By Siren.Vonn 2010-04-13 15:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

a recount you mean?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kramer is funny
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Vonn said:
a recount you mean?
Yea, I'm watching judge judy, sorry.
 Siren.Vonn
By Siren.Vonn 2010-04-13 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Kramer might not be the best man alive, but the plight of the "white male" has been too long unheard!

lol watch the louis ck vid up tharr. you'll feel better XD
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-13 15:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Did no one watch the video I posted? >.>

Edit - Thank you Vonn!
 Siren.Vonn
By Siren.Vonn 2010-04-13 15:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Vonn said:
a recount you mean?

OMG.... i SOOOOO wanna spout off about how there should be a brax onry court show, so the white people stop winning the cases.... would that be totally racist of me???
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Vonn said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Vonn said:
a recount you mean?

OMG.... i SOOOOO wanna spout off about how there should be a brax onry court show, so the white people stop winning the cases.... would that be totally racist of me???
Divorce court.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-13 15:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

IB this gets moved to Flame Core
 Siren.Vonn
By Siren.Vonn 2010-04-13 15:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Vonn said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Vonn said:
a recount you mean?

Divorce court.

lol yep you're right
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, I hate black history month, lol.
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-04-13 15:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

as a 'jewish-american' i find my place in society to be where ever it is the 'speaker' chooses to place me . Most pplp look at me and see the non-black race of thier choice . I'm anyhting from Arab to Z . usually Latino , sometimes italian . The Bigots think i'm white til they find out imma joo . so Race i guess is in the eye of the beer holder .
From what i learned in High School Biology watever , we're all the same species or genus . watever . Like Cats and dogs have different breed , i supposed the 'races' of human beings could be compared to this . we can all inter breed and bear fertile children . soo we're all human (homo sapien. lol homo . every is also gey i guess ) .
Kramer makes some valid points , but his point of view is not valid . This is the crux of 'being white ' just as some ppl could think of the crux of other races . Like being pulled out of line in the airport for 'random checks' , or being pulled over for loud music/dark tints , or being followed in a store for suspicion of shop lifting , ect .
Avenue Q is a great play/opera/watever . lots of truth hidden under its wit and humour . Kramer was just mad that he cant be funny without Jerry (a jew) or with out being Kramer (a character created by a jew) . he's a douche . but he was really good in UHF .
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Server: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-04-13 15:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 100% with Kramer.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Says nothing about only white people can be racist.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-13 15:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

While all people can be racist, it doesn't mean he wasn't doing it. The argument would make more sense saying that people who say cracker should get in trouble rather than the fact that he's using it for the reason why he shouldn't get in trouble.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-13 15:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Absolutely awesome :D

/loves being white
First Page 2