Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-30 09:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Also screw 2100 dmg QCs. I'm hitting 3-4k Vanity dives and Benthic typhoons.
Yeah... I'm pretty dang casual. I don't have much in terms of good gear. I don't even have a Suppa yet >_>
Oh that's largey from SA + atma of the razed ruins lol. Well and of course CAEFF. That atma is sick though. If only the crit from SA was applied to the non main targets... could have blus one or 2 shotting an entire group of xp mobs lol
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-30 09:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm actually really impressed with the whole line of spells we got in the last update. It's actually kinda sad to realize that (assuming SE follows the same pattern) we're only getting 5 more Set Points to set spells with 14 more levels on the way... And if they're anywhere as good as the last bunch we got from 80~85, we're going to have a lot of trouble trying to figure out what we want.

We got 10 spells in the last update, and I use 8 of them all the time. What are the next 20-30 spells going to be like? And how are we going to juggle them all with at most 60 set points? x_x

Here's hoping we get Set Points +5 on our AF3 hands!
 Sylph.Kwate
Server: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-10-30 13:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Yeah, I'm actually really impressed with the whole line of spells we got in the last update. It's actually kinda sad to realize that (assuming SE follows the same pattern) we're only getting 5 more Set Points to set spells with 14 more levels on the way... And if they're anywhere as good as the last bunch we got from 80~85, we're going to have a lot of trouble trying to figure out what we want.

We got 10 spells in the last update, and I use 8 of them all the time. What are the next 20-30 spells going to be like? And how are we going to juggle them all with at most 60 set points? x_x

Personally I would like to see SE revise all spell costs 75 and lower, as they were created in mind that 75 would be the pinnacle of our power. Its unrealistic to set a 5 point Hysteric Barrage if I wanted it for casual use (which I don't care for that spell, just making a point). I LOVE Reactor Cool, but 5 points is just too steep, now with so many new spells and 75 not being the pinnacle of power any longer.
 Caitsith.Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-30 13:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

...Yeah, lots of our spells simply aren't worth equipping now.

And I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I still think that they should lower (even just a little bit) the MP cost of "Magical" spells. 350 MP for 1000 Needles? I can deal 1000 damage to 5 monsters at a time with a 56-mp spell while simultaneously lowering their DEF and MDEF by 10% each (and without taking 10 seconds to cast it either) >_>;
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-11-04 03:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what level but...:

Boreas Mantle - basically duplicate yourself (Shadows of the Mind ISNM)

and

Abrasive Tantara - I pity you if you don't know what this is.

'Nuff said.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-04 04:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:

And I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I still think that they should lower (even just a little bit) the MP cost of "Magical" spells. 350 MP for 1000 Needles? I can deal 1000 damage to 5 monsters at a time with a 56-mp spell while simultaneously lowering their DEF and MDEF by 10% each (and without taking 10 seconds to cast it either) >_>;

Agreed, same with bad breath and a few other magical spells ;/ they need to be tweaked.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2010-11-04 04:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Raise.. some form of raise..
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-04 04:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Mighty guard! Maybe the new expansion will have iron giants that actually use it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-04 04:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:

Good luck lining them up. The range of that move isn't too far and more importantly it's very narrow. Better example would be Whirl of rage
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-11-04 06:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

Good luck lining them up. The range of that move isn't too far and more importantly it's very narrow. Better example would be Whirl of rage
The effective damage range is actually a lot larger than the casting range.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-04 08:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kwate said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:

Personally I would like to see SE revise all spell costs 75 and lower, as they were created in mind that 75 would be the pinnacle of our power. Its unrealistic to set a 5 point Hysteric Barrage if I wanted it for casual use (which I don't care for that spell, just making a point). I LOVE Reactor Cool, but 5 points is just too steep, now with so many new spells and 75 not being the pinnacle of power any longer.

Reactor Cool is 5 points partially because it gives INT+3 MND+3.
If they re-did set points, they'd have to re-do the stat bonuses on the spells too.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-04 08:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Would like to see a Protect/Shell 3-5 spell. Maybe set it every 29 minutes, cast, then set your spells back without it(unless it gives a decent spell combo or stat).
 Caitsith.Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-04 08:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You could make a good example out of any spell in our arsenal.

Heck, even at the level you could use the spell, you could deal way more than 1000 damage with 350 MP
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-04 09:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

why dont they give blu Death alrdy that cannot be resisted and has an aftermath of chainspell and manafront.. blu is to OP D:
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-04 10:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Jessie said:
...Yeah, lots of our spells simply aren't worth equipping now. And I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I still think that they should lower (even just a little bit) the MP cost of "Magical" spells. 350 MP for 1000 Needles? I can deal 1000 damage to 5 monsters at a time with a 56-mp spell while simultaneously lowering their DEF and MDEF by 10% each (and without taking 10 seconds to cast it either) >_>;
The effective damage range is actually a lot larger than the casting range.
I know. But the cone is so damn narrow and mobs really don't like to line up like that lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-04 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
why dont they give blu Death alrdy that cannot be resisted and has an aftermath of chainspell and manafront.. blu is to OP D:

lvl 5 death :) i know something uses it, I forget what.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-04 10:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe nothing uses it... anyone remembeR? o.O
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-04 10:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are thinking of lvl 5 petrify
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-04 10:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you're right. They should add lvl 5 death tho ;p always been in the series! TBH I really wanna see 1k needles, bad breath, aqua breath, white wind etc as common spells we use only cause I'm such a geek for old FF's.
 Caitsith.Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-04 10:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Bad Breath was more useful. I love debuffing stuff on BLU.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-04 10:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, its a huge mp cost and the debuffs wear off so quick.. if they even stick ;/. I think SE was thinking they would be too overpowered (Bad breath and 1k needles) but they need to reevaluate that lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-04 10:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish feather tickle worked better
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-05 09:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I think on it, Extremely bad breath is death move ;p
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-05 09:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I wish feather tickle worked better
Light of Penance or GTFO.

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

Abrasive Tantara
YES.
By Emilrelda 2010-11-05 09:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yeah you're right. They should add lvl 5 death tho ;p always been in the series! TBH I really wanna see 1k needles, bad breath, aqua breath, white wind etc as common spells we use only cause I'm such a geek for old FF's.
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yeah, its a huge mp cost and the debuffs wear off so quick.. if they even stick ;/. I think SE was thinking they would be too overpowered (Bad breath and 1k needles) but they need to reevaluate that lol.
blue can get 1000 needles
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-05 09:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You misunderstood what I said. I said I wanted to see those spells as common choices to use in a fight, like the big 3 were etc. I know its in the game lol
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-05 09:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Never trust anons to actually read what you're saying.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-05 09:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If 1000 needles was 60 mp and did 1000 to everything it hit, I might use it. That and lower the cast time.

At this point there isn't much they can do to the old spells that will make them worth using. I'm sure they will never change them.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-05 09:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

1000 Needles might be worth using if they lowered the cost to 150mp.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-05 09:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And if you know it actually landed