First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-15 14:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Scalor said:
Why is there no real choise involved with the crystarium(sp)?
At first it looked like we'd be allowed to really specialize our characters, but after you the play the game for a few hours, you end up unlocking every last node on it.

The only choise left is the order in which you do the unlocking, but the end result will be the same: a fully unlocked crystarium tree.
It opens up later on. Sure, you could max everyone on everything, but it would take forever. You're better off assigning specific roles and maxing them out.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-15 14:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait until Chapter 8 and then... 10 is all I can say. It's probably more restrictive early on since parties are quite restricted early on, so you don't develop your characters in a "wrong" way to beat the bosses and so being forced to grind.
 Cerberus.Scalor
Server: Cerberus
user: Scalor
By Cerberus.Scalor 2010-03-16 02:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
It opens up later on. Sure, you could max everyone on everything, but it would take forever. You're better off assigning specific roles and maxing them out.

Yeah I see what you mean, now that I reached ch 11.
The unlocking takes tons of CP and you're pretty much forced to develop certain characters to certain roles.

Happy me :)
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-16 03:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Wait until Chapter 8 and then... 10 is all I can say. It's probably more restrictive early on since parties are quite restricted early on, so you don't develop your characters in a "wrong" way to beat the bosses and so being forced to grind.

Yeah.. I'm grinding in chapter 10 atm on those awesome kick *** slugs that give like 680 CP a fight that die in 2 hits. I want Sazh in PT without having Light to main heal >.>

Haste = <3 Maxing Sazh in Medic and Synergist so i can haste/bravery/faith full time and med

Love Snowe Light and Sazh:D

Fangs ok but Snowe > Fang cept as Saboteur for slow... but still! top 3 favs is snowe light and sazh :3
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-03-16 03:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The game it's linear in all it's forms. Linear Story, Linear Battle system, Linear Growth system, Linear way to make money, Linear Missions meh..:x

Being able to choose "other" jobs(other than the 3 you're given in the first part of the game)for all your character doesn't make the customization really worth it, since you can level up for example Sazh medic job until a certain point, and it will cost a lot anyway, so Sazh will never be anyway near a decent medic, stick to the regular jobs you're given ;P.
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-03-16 03:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on chapter 12 and the only thing i hate so far is when the character i'm controlling dies it's game over, even if the other 2 characters are at 100%. >.>

oh and the elevator music once you hit pulse. ><
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 03:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Game opens up after you complete the story

10th tier Crystrium
higher marks etc. etc.
Freedom on Pulse
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-03-16 03:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:

10th tier Crystrium
higher marks etc. etc.
Freedom on Pulse

Gran pulse isn't that big to explore... Even when you unlocked it fully.. still a bit small.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 04:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Kelvinclein said:
Siren.Talonn said:

10th tier Crystrium
higher marks etc. etc.
Freedom on Pulse

Gran pulse isn't that big to explore... Even when you unlocked it fully.. still a bit small.
someones a hater.... ***man just don't play the game then if u can appreciate the beauty within it... Gran pulse is gorgeous and there is much to due. How far did you get? chapter 2? come on now...
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-03-16 05:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fool I finished it. I Like it but it's decent crap compared to older chapters, inform yourself better before talking next time. I know what i say since i beated it and i'm farming stupid adamantoise stuff because it's the only way to make money for the only thing money are worth for (weapons). I could talk ***for hours about this game, even if i like it and im playing it. It surely could have been better, we've bee waiting it for 5 years... compared to that, it sucks.

Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 06:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

waitting 5 years yes..... becuase there was no other SE game between now and then right.... FF12 etc. If you been waitting 5 years for this. you missed out on something
 Cerberus.Inglorion
Server: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-03-16 06:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd do Fang... I don't care if she is fake!!!!!!!!!

I miss the old leveling up system =(
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 06:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Inglorion said:
I'd do Fang... I don't care if she is fake!!!!!!!!!
I miss the old leveling up system =(
Fang, Lightning, Vinalle {Yes, Please}
I don't mind this one, it just seems to cost alot for like 100HP when you get up on T8-T9-T10 of the crystirum
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-03-16 07:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
waitting 5 years yes..... becuase there was no other SE game between now and then right.... FF12 etc. If you been waitting 5 years for this. you missed out on something

5 years? it's only been 3 years since FF12. lol
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 07:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Garlend said:
Siren.Talonn said:

5 years? it's only been 3 years since FF12. lol
yes i know.... i was talking to kelvin.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-03-16 07:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They announced way before. I know there are other titles, but they were working on this for 5 years lol. They planned to release it for PS2 (lol), then they said they had to do all over. Cmon, it has like 1/20 of the content previous FF had.
I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just an awful Final Fantasy:P
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-16 07:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Games will never be the same as they were and people will always complain that they are too easy, short, or over hyped.

People forget that every FF game is different with its own name/universe and set of characters.

It seems like anymore people just want endless remakes of cloud, squall, or whatever the hell. Or for the game to drag on for months so hardcore people can still beat it in a month to brag.

Don't get me wrong i loved FF7 and FF8 as well as all the movies/crisiscore ect.

People are too picky and compare FF's instead of enjoying the game for what it actually is for it's current time.

Sad sad world.
[+]
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-03-16 08:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not comparing.
It doesn't need to be compared. Seriously, I like the game but it sucked as a Final Fantasy.
The game is this:

-Story = Linear
-Endgame = 64 Missions

Seriously lol any of the FF spin off they made in the meanwhile had more endgame than FF13, and surely a better storyline.

Cmon the whole game is a fight after another. It's all about fighting and walking straight, and seriously wtf at the "gran pulse exploration" there are 5 areas to explore lol... No cities..

Do you still think I need to compare to any other FF? Look, i haven't made any example, and i won't... and i don't need.

Good Game, entertaining for sure, but pfft.. jesus i want to believe they made this in 1 month.
[+]
 Remora.Ampelius
Server: Remora
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2010-03-16 08:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

after playing FF13 for a week this is my one sentence review.

It doesn't suck.
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-03-16 08:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK what you guys are talking about "no grinding." After you kill some mobs, before you go into a Cut scene, just back track and the mobs will be back. I am still on disc 1 but all of my characters are nearly maxed just from back tracking. It's a great way to pick up teh lootz as well.

My question is this though. Do any of the Components actually give an enhancement (like maybe better lightning dmg or something) or is it all just adding exp to an item/weapon in order to lvl it up?
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 08:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Games way back never had the flashy-ness they do now. Its all big production and graphics to draw in buyers. Somewhere has to take a hit. A game like FF13 would have taken 5-7years easy and costed well over anything you would imagine for a game. If you think that you will get the quality of story you got from 3 or the extras from the lesser system games then it will never happen, because of what is needed to go into it now.
FF3 - 2D probably took 1-2years
FF13 - 3D Blue-ray took x3 or even x4 as long....

It just won't happen anymore sadly. I honestly think FF3 with Edgar Sabin Terra Locke was THE best FF ever. How can we forget Kefka.

I think FF13 is a wonderful game. Flaws, sure - ever game does. But I don't think it takes away from it at all. Rating this game bad is wrong in my books. If they had the time, the money, the resources (as ever company would) it would go on forever, with endless extras etc. etc.

FF13 riding on the coattails of FFXI's biggest update, probably ever + Beta buzz on 14 really didn't help its ratings i don't think either. Way I see it, gotta respect what SE's putting out, look behind the game more so. Some can't do that because they don't know the business w/e.

Anyways. end wall of text. Good game, buy it. Don't expect oodles of extras missions. I thought it had good game play though ^^ 45+ hours for story + about 10+ for extras? about that
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 08:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Akiba said:
IDK what you guys are talking about "no grinding." After you kill some mobs, before you go into a Cut scene, just back track and the mobs will be back. I am still on disc 1 but all of my characters are nearly maxed just from back tracking. It's a great way to pick up teh lootz as well.

My question is this though. Do any of the Components actually give an enhancement (like maybe better lightning dmg or something) or is it all just adding exp to an item/weapon in order to lvl it up?
enhancements get better as level of weapon increases.
IE Warrior Wristbands
STR+150
LV2 STR+160
LV3 STR+170
etc. etc.
then it caps with a star and you need a special catalyst to upgrade it with better stats
 Hades.Saithorx
Server: Hades
user: Saithorx
By Hades.Saithorx 2010-03-16 08:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I get enough grinding for levels in 11. I can do without that whole running in a circle for 20 hours to level up a bunch before taking on a boss. Does it have the depth of some other FF games? No, but I'm still enjoying the story and I'm intrigued to keep playing until I beat it. I'll probably trade it in when I do as it's not something I'd play twice most likely.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 08:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly never had to 'grind for levels' in 13. With the right Paradigms and switches you can through almost everything without grinding. But, you are more prone to fail that way so it isn't a bad idea
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-03-16 08:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
FF6 - 2D probably took 1-2years
FF13 - 3D Blue-ray took x3 or even x4 as long....

It just won't happen anymore sadly. I honestly think FF6 with Edgar Sabin Terra Locke was THE best FF ever. How can we forget Kefka.

Fixed lol. Sorry, thread comparing FF games, had to do it.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-03-16 09:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a good game, but hell.. All endgame is about it's just a few missions which are just Fight > Fight > Fight > Fight. I think I can imagine the "kind" of effort they put into this game.
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-16 09:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

its FF3 want PROOF!

SNES

D: bojack! long time no talk
{Demonwhipser from Bahamut - longgggg time ago}
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2010-03-16 09:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I found myself actualy grinding for levels since I get raped by a certain boss then just say "fk it" and max everything before the fight. Then the fight is just plane pathetic.
 Seraph.Antonious
Server: Seraph
user: Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-03-16 09:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
its FF3 want PROOF! SNES D: bojack! long time no talk {Demonwhipser from Bahamut - longgggg time ago}

I remember first getting this box, looking at it like it was the coolest thing ever but wondering WTF is that creature on it :P
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-16 09:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I rage at people calling it FFIII too. Damn you americans!
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11