Uncapped CoP Areas?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Uncapped CoP areas?
Uncapped CoP areas?
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2010-03-04 04:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yay, so i spend 4h~ and waste 14k of exp soloing my voyager sallet on saturday, and when i wake up sunday i see that in june, Riverne will be uncaped, so maybe i could just go and thundaga V the 10 fly, plus the wyvern and the clusters at same time <.<
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-04 05:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

by this time around most people finished CoP already

so the people needing to do CoP won't be able to do it cuz no 1 wants 2 help them or cant find enough people to form a perma (or cant find a good pt format)

Hope they un-cap the bcnm aswell. The game is ending let everyone have a chance to have completed all the missions (esp CoP)

[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-04 05:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they are planning to turn all the CoP zones into high level exp camps, then I can't see them increasing the monsters level.

So that should make it really easy to get:
* Swift belt
* Stone gorget
* Voyager Sallet
* Any subligar
* Soboro
etc

Which is pretty nice for those that need any of the above.

I also doubt they will remove the level cap on the BCNMs, so it just makes it easier to get to the fights, but necessarily easier to beat.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 06:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Arcalimo said:
yay, so i spend 4h~ and waste 14k of exp soloing my voyager sallet on saturday, and when i wake up sunday i see that in june, Riverne will be uncaped, so maybe i could just go and thundaga V the 10 fly, plus the wyvern and the clusters at same time <.<
4 hrs and 14k xp!?! Sweet baby Jesus. 41+ deaths at RR1 or 82 with raise 2 monkey.

Only took me a couple of hours and like 9-10k xp to kill all 10 by myself.

Also thundaga V would be super overkill for them.

They only have like 1.2-1.7k hp. IV should be sufficient. Hell 3 is aleady depending on how many targets you hit.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-04 07:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
I also doubt they will remove the level cap on the BCNMs, so it just makes it easier to get to the fights, but necessarily easier to beat.

I agree. Even if they don't uncap monster levels(though I think they will), as long as the BCNMs stay capped, i don't really think COP will be any easier.

It's not like anyone who couldn't even make it to the battlefields alive was going to beat them anyway.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2010-03-04 07:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yea lol, was 41~ deaths with r1 from other char.
they die quick, actually, i think that near half the time was getting the scale in the other area :/
got the sallet in the 8th but for 2 remaining i killed them too.
Anyway, after 40+ deaths i plan on going to take my revenge and maybe this time i get a ring to drop <.<
 Asura.Kimiyo
Server: Asura
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-03-04 08:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-04 08:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
I see one problem with the uncapping the monster's levels theory and making those areas camps for the new caps: What about players who don't have 75 yet? (and yes, there are still people in the game who don't have a 75 yet)

Do they get to suffer even more in their pursuit of completing CoP, or at least making progress with it? lol Before it was hard enough for people who didn't play hardcore hours or didn't have enough friends to get it done, if they also convert all those areas to new high level camps, anyone who doesn't have the correct level will NEVER complete CoP xD

lol just quit the game your totally lost ^^
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-03-04 08:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

XD That is what I'll say to anyone who hasn't finished CoP and they do uncap the monsters. Seriously.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-04 08:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you read previous threads and did a little research on the update info you would know they are not raising any lvs of the old mobs. The higher lv xp prtys will probably be in new WOTG areas and in areas of the new expansions. Uncapping cop will only speed up progression for new players. ZM is uncapped TOAH is uncapped.... big deal if they uncap COP. I think people just enjoy complaining.
[+]
 Fairy.Spiriel
Server: Fairy
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-03-04 09:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm summarizing because Quote won't work for me, and I'm too lazy to go copy the wall of text.
Quote:
SE will ban everyone with windower because it's legal and pulling the plug isn't.

Short version: lolstfunoob.

Long version: The game is run on their servers, which they reserve the right to do whatever they want with. Read your EULA/Terms and Conditions some time. SE can ban you for any reason (ex: name has too many vowels) and doesn't have to tell you their reason. And you agreed to all of this in a nice, legally binding way.

SE could say "we changed our mind, we're pulling the plug next month, you won't be billed again, have fun," and that's just the way it is.

Bah, people and their sense of entitlement these days.

As for the CoP cap removal, it does annoy me a little bit. Just got sea less than a month ago. You need players who know what they're doing, and work hard. I still refuse to go back to Sacrarium because people are too lazy to wipe their fomor hate before they go in. "I'm saving it for a Swift Belt." Thanks for killing us all, you idiot.

If mobs aren't adjusted, it will indeed make swift belts, subligars, and Soboros that much easier to get. But it's almost impossible to get people together for those anymore as it is. That's one thing our server merge will hopefully help. More people need help, more people jump on /sh runs.

However, the wording of the announcement kind of implied that the monster levels would be adjusted. Guess we just wait and see in June. I honestly don't think that the only higher-level zones will be in WotG though. What about the people (yes, they exist) that don't have the expansion? Believe it or not, there are exp camps all the way up to level 75 in the Original and ZM zones, all by themselves. Just that nobody uses them anymore.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-04 09:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
If you read previous threads and did a little research on the update info you would know they are not raising any lvs of the old mobs. The higher lv xp prtys will probably be in new WOTG areas and in areas of the new expansions. Uncapping cop will only speed up progression for new players. ZM is uncapped TOAH is uncapped.... big deal if they uncap COP. I think people just enjoy complaining.

This is what I've understood it to mean as well. I say good for them for making it easier for people to complete CoP. Half the damn work is getting to the battlefields.

(I completed CoP a couple weeks ago. This update won't make me feel any different about the accomplishment. I see too many people struggling with this storyline.)
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-03-04 09:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Draginhikari
By Asura.Draginhikari 2010-03-04 14:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some of you are confusing the line between 'challenging' and 'annoying'.

Think about how the capped areas are usually handled. More often then not the usual method of dealing with these areas is to Sneak/Invisible through everything as quickly as possible to avoid time lose or delays by fighting unnecessary mobs.

I'm only now just getting done with CoP. The BCNMs type fights provided quite a bit of challenge and enjoyment. Walking to point A to point B wasting oils and powders constantly doesn't really come off to me as 'challenging' feels more wasteful and tedious. With the numbers of people who have CoP not done is getting smaller there is no reason to put up a needless barrier to slow down the progress anymore at this point.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-04 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
If you read previous threads and did a little research on the update info you would know they are not raising any lvs of the old mobs.

then please point me in the direction of this information, O wise one
 Remora.Endrance
Server: Remora
By Remora.Endrance 2010-03-04 14:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As they said, A lot of players have already progressed to the end of the game. Therefore in order to speed up those who haven't they will uncap old areas. This does not mean that there will be more challenging things presented in the future.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2010-03-04 14:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no! The BLM solo camp in Pso'Xja is going to be destroyed! ; ;

That's no fair... That's such a beautiful and magical solo camp for BLM51+...
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-04 14:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fairy.Nekozuko said:
If they don't uncap the BCNM less and less people are going to be willing to help you. Because there will be less and less people willing to keep level 40-60 gear, which is why people don't want to help.
I don't keep cap gear on hand for... anything, lol. Never had any problems. Then again, I eat food. That's beside the point though; cap gear is an excuse rather than the root cause.
^ this .

If you can defeat the capped BCNM with 'this set up' but 'this set up' cant make it to the BCNM under Cap , then this makes it alot easier .
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-03-04 14:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
As for the CoP cap removal, it does annoy me a little bit. Just got sea less than a month ago. You need players who know what they're doing, and work hard. I still refuse to go back to Sacrarium because people are too lazy to wipe their fomor hate before they go in. "I'm saving it for a Swift Belt." Thanks for killing us all, you idiot.

You do know you can do sacrarium easily with full fomor hate and only 4-6people? Just need to know you aggro distances and use common sense.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-03-04 15:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I've been stuck on the same CoP mission for a year now. People love the storyline of CoP but absolutely DO NOT want to do the fights again because the climbs/BCNMs/requirements/etc. are a huge pain in the butt. I am hugely relieved that they're easing up on the CoP missions because frankly, no one wants to help people do them. Hopefully I'll eventually have access to places that I'd already assumed I'd never have access to.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-03-04 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zekky said:
Oh no! The BLM solo camp in Pso'Xja is going to be destroyed! ; ;

That's no fair... That's such a beautiful and magical solo camp for BLM51 ...

Make it a normal manaburn camp, duo or party synced at a lower level. I hear that's what a lot of BLMs are already doing in areas like Vunkerl Inlet and Xarcabard (S). There needs to be more mid-level burn party camps anyway.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-04 15:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Kalico said:
If you read previous threads and did a little research on the update info you would know they are not raising any lvs of the old mobs.
then please point me in the direction of this information, O wise one

Not too sure about the cop info but this pertains to them not increasing mob lvs in old areas and some other interesting things.

thread :http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20039015&postcount=651

Famitsu interview:

-- It's been six and a half years since the last increase to level cap. Are you planning more "Limit Break" quests (quests which increase the level cap)?

Matsui: We don't plan on having quests like the previous ones. I guess we do need to continue them somehow, but we plan on lowering the difficulty. Raising the level cap changes up the balance and is tough on the adventurers. Thus if they can just go and release it--. It's not like we do it to be mean (laugh).

-- You say you'll be raising the level cap step by step. What will the next cap be?

Matsui: We'll start with 80. It's been a long time since we set the cap to 75, so we want to make lots of changes level by level on the way to 80. We haven't decided whether to raise by 5s or 10s after that.

-- Once the level cap is removed, will the current HNM (an abbreviation for "high-level notorious monster", monsters designed to be fought by many players at once) be adjusted?

Matsui: We're considering not making major changes. We don't think it's bad that the fierce enemies and endgame content up to now can be taken on with fewer players. Instead, we plan to add new enemies to fit the new level cap.

-- With the increase in level cap comes an increase in support job level cap. Powerful magics and abilities like Refresh and Convert will become usable without having to be one's specialties. Are you planning to adjust their effect when used as a support job?

Matsui: Personally, I like the idea of getting Refresh from a support job. I'd like to see Red Mage gain an even stronger Refresh, making battles even more flashy as he tells everyone to "Go for it! Spam your magic!".

-- With how long the level cap has been 75, I think there have been a lot of people who worked hard to get "ultimate gear". How do you plan to follow this up?

Matsui: Using the "Magian's Trials" system we plan to implement, we believe they will continue to be useful at higher levels. We'd like to see them mixed with new equipment.

* About the expansion battle area "Abyssea"

-- You can get the third type of job-specific equipment ("AF3") in Abyssea, but will you need to buy all three Abysseas to get it all?

Ito: You can get it all from a single package. Depending on which you have, different materials will be available for "Magian's Trials", and its objectives will differ.

-- What are the major differences between the three packages?

Tanaka: They each contain different areas, and the monsters that appear are different. You can choose between them according to your goals.

Ito: Unlike Dynamis, a single area one must reserve, Abyssea can be entered freely by anyone. It can even be soloed.

* About "Final Fantasy XIV"

-- You announced "Final Fantasy XIV"'s α and β test participants, but can you give us a solid date?

Tanaka: They will be displayed on the β tester site that goes live March 11th. We're currently making major adjustments, so the dates may change one way or the other.

-- How long will the α test be?

Tanaka: That depends on the response from the testers.

By Nightbear 2010-03-04 15:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> wait CoP is easy now compared to 2006-7... if you can't beat it now either A: need friends or B: go to other game really. Promys are sadly empty.not havint to worry about RR for those subing /whm is like ... have no words for that. NIN got nonomi.. 2handsers do massive damage.. what else? oh now uncaping it >.< /sad. oh yes you dont lose exp on the bcnms,,you used too. ; ;
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-03-04 15:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure they're easy, but no one wants to do them (again).
 Seraph.Liberata
Server: Seraph
user: Liberata
By Seraph.Liberata 2010-03-04 15:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking last night how nice it will be to finish up Apoc Nigh -- never found the time to put together a group to do the last Promy climbs.

I'm also looking forward to how much easier it will be to get Swift Belt groups together. 0/7 so far, lol.
By Nightbear 2010-03-04 15:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

:P uncaped probably will be able to solo them if the Mob is level 55-60 and your 75 they will be too weak.

For promy climb you can duo or even solo if you got the right Npc to heal you. but I helped many friends this way WHM-MNK is all you need for the climb assuming you know how to dodge the few mobs left.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-04 16:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
I see one problem with the uncapping the monster's levels theory and making those areas camps for the new caps: What about players who don't have 75 yet? (and yes, there are still people in the game who don't have a 75 yet)

Do they get to suffer even more in their pursuit of completing CoP, or at least making progress with it? lol Before it was hard enough for people who didn't play hardcore hours or didn't have enough friends to get it done, if they also convert all those areas to new high level camps, anyone who doesn't have the correct level will NEVER complete CoP xD

as someone else mentioned, they would sneak/invis through everything or avoid agggro, the same way we do now.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 16:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Sure they're easy, but no one wants to do them (again).
I've redone most of Cop 2-3 times.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-04 16:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:

Odin.Kalico said:

Not too sure about the cop info

then no reason to roll in and imply that everyone who holds a different opinion than you hasn't done research/is stupid

incidentally, i'm not complaining at all. I WANT new monsters in the COP zones. We sneak/invis/avoid our way through anyway. Not like the level matters as long as you don't get agg
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 16:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah some of those new "challenging NMs" definitely seemed to be in zilart/original/CoP zones.